Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I use my weekends well. Bleach Wii party this Saturday! Grin
Ichida Wrote:I use my weekends well. Bleach Wii party this Saturday! Grin

mennn I hate bleach... with a passion...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html
Quote:- Sonic is playable in Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Sonic is shown, delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008, online co-op of some form

Posted this on both BBF and here, if true, quite a few people will be happy, quite a few will be mad.

*checks clock* Perhaps it could be tonights update, a conference is held in Japan to release info which is then put up on the site.

EDIT:
The Brawl site has been updated.
NEWCOMER: Sonic.
SereneCrimson Wrote:http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html
Quote:- Sonic is playable in Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Sonic is shown, delayed in Japan until January 24, 2008, online co-op of some form
EDIT:
The Brawl site has been updated.
NEWCOMER: Sonic.

Everyone should have seen this coming a mile away with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games coming out. I'm happy though, he should be really fun to use once the game comes out! And online co-op sounds pretty cool, hopefully we'll get it as well (have we?).
woo sonic!!! i knew they'd do it. but i was expecting the announcement like the day before the game was released
Holy delay.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Holy delay.

Yup. Kind of sucks, but I can understand why Nintendo would want to do it.

It sounds like they aren't far along enough in development for release just yet. Besides that fact you have to consider the huge competition this holiday. Not only would Brawl have to compete with the likes of Halo 3 and other heavy hitters, it would more or less cannibalize the sales of Mario Galaxy.
Wii is the best selling system, it doesn't have to worry about Halo 3, I think.

Still, wasn't this game supposed to be out months ago? I hope the delay pays off more than it did for TP.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Wii is the best selling system, it doesn't have to worry about Halo 3, I think.

Still, wasn't this game supposed to be out months ago? I hope the delay pays off more than it did for TP.

This is true, but when you take a look at the sales figures of software on Wii, hardcore games like Brawl aren't really doing as well as they should.

Mario Party 8 and Wii Play are like... Dominating. Which I totally don't understand as they are both horrible games, especially Wii Play.
I don't see Brawl as that hardcore of a game, really. I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't enjoy Super Smash Bros.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't see Brawl as that hardcore of a game, really. I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't enjoy Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean its not hardcore. lol

I suppose Smash Bros. is one of those in-between types of games. Casual gamers can pick it up and play it but its deep enough for hardcore gamers to enjoy too.
Roan Wrote:but its deep enough for hardcore gamers to enjoy too.

Considering hardcore ssbm players know frame durations and the shield-lag times of almost every character's moves, hardcore smashers are wai-wai hardcore.

And there is speculation out the the release is going to be pushed ahead, not delayed. I honestly can't say I believe it, but it's worth pointing out.
It was only delayed in Japan (so far), and even then, no concrete date was ever given.

This game looks great. Now give me a headset already.
Artie Wrote:It was only delayed in Japan (so far), and even then, no concrete date was ever given.

This game looks great. Now give me a headset already.

Give me friends in my room already.
Judging from the video for Sonic, his speed, combination moves, and recovery rate might make him superior to that of Sheik.

Looks like I'll have to switch mains.
*nod* It's getting harder and harder to pick a main character. Ah well, I'll have lots of time to toy around with all the interesting characters before I start playing competitively.
definitely Sonic for me. i like the fast types...and i just wanna play as Sonic ^^;
carp this is delayed until February

noa what are you doing

also, alternate costumes confirmed (Dark Link!!!!!!!!)
what's up with all the competive hardcore play? I only play it for fun lol

but it's kinda gay it's not being released in december, i was looking forward to playing this during christmas break Unhappy
Silver Kane Wrote:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic04.html

does this mean I could use a regular controller to play this?

I think that picture says it more simply than I ever could.
Artie Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic04.html

does this mean I could use a regular controller to play this?

I think that picture says it more simply than I ever could.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
Because imo it seems like playing with the Wii-mote is kinda annoying with a game like this tbh
Until FEBRUARY?! T~T

Also, today's update was as expected.
who cares? mario kart wii has motorcycles!