Super Nintendo OR SEGA Genesis

Poll: SUPER POWER OR BLAST PROCESSING?!?!?

Super Nintendo
81.82%
SEGA Genesis
18.18%
Total: 100% 11 vote(s)
I'm the proud owner of what was Sega's worst nightmare back in the 90's.
Super Nintendo all the way. That blast processing marketing ploy was genius though. Take absolutely the only thing that was better about the Genesis and emphasize it. On all of the other specs the Super Nintendo owns the Genesis
Agreed, the library of games is the debatable one for many, though not for me.
I never really liked Sonic so yeah. The only thing I was jealous of from my friend who had it was the blood and fatalities in the first Mortal Kombat, but the controller doesn't have enough buttons for fighting games. You can buy a new Genesis with like 80 games loaded on it for like $40 so that is cool. I wish they made a Nintendo or Super Nintendo version like that
Sega truly does what Nintendon't.

(Mattel and Atari also released some plug-and-play consoles, haha)
That Sega Genesis plug and play console is the living definition of disappointment.
Yeah, butchered the sound to all hell.
Imagine what I said but far more vulgar.
O, is it carp? I was thinking about getting one but I guess I won't if it is that bad. Is it just the sound or other stuff too? I do love Altered Beast from Sega. I remember playing that on my friends Master System and being totally jealous of it. I was pretty much going to get one just for that and the Mortal Kombats
(Sep. 17, 2015  11:42 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: O, is it carp? I was thinking about getting one but I guess I won't if it is that bad. Is it just the sound or other stuff too? I do love Altered Beast from Sega. I remember playing that on my friends Master System and being totally jealous of it. I was pretty much going to get one just for that and the Mortal Kombats

Yeah....The plug'n'play Genesis is completely disgraceful, save up that cash and get a real model Genesis since they're really worth it all an the quality in sound and graphics don't feel forced and ugly.
Or save a bit more and buy a SNES instead of that crappy Sega hedgehog blaster. Meh.
Sega Genesis is superior, I dunno what you're talkn bout.
(Sep. 17, 2015  11:42 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: O, is it carp? I was thinking about getting one but I guess I won't if it is that bad. Is it just the sound or other stuff too? I do love Altered Beast from Sega. I remember playing that on my friends Master System and being totally jealous of it. I was pretty much going to get one just for that and the Mortal Kombats

Plays..okay...but the music is heavily distorted...even when using a real cartridge.
Buy a real one.

(Sep. 18, 2015  1:10 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: Or save a bit more and buy a SNES instead of that crappy Sega hedgehog blaster. Meh.

The irony is that the Genny is cheaper.
All who oppose the genesis doesn't know the pretty edgy songs they're missing out on.

pfft, take this for example:

I got Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on Genesis a while back.
Pretty radical, honestly.
The fighting game or the other one?
The Fighting one.
(Nov. 03, 2015  4:26 AM)Neo Wrote: The Fighting one.

That was alright, I actually remembered a friend who aced at the game, until he lost to a birthday girl and never touched it again.

The other one, the platformer or whatever genre it is was pretty fun as well, even the last part when you escape the base.
Since I'm doing a month of sega on my channel, wanted to share this!