Super Nintendo OR SEGA Genesis

Poll: SUPER POWER OR BLAST PROCESSING?!?!?

Super Nintendo
81.82%
SEGA Genesis
18.18%
Total: 100% 11 vote(s)
(Aug. 17, 2015  12:07 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:41 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You already mentioned Vectorman 1 and 2.

Crossed them out because I forgot i already mentioned the first, Neo mentioned the second.

Though I'm sure we all don't need to talk about the games on the CD and 32x, anyway....That Snes got so many good games too!

Yup, since the Sega CD and 32X totally bombed, the things meant to keep the Genesis alive.

Also you crossed it out already and it wasn't edited before, so if you could cross it out during writing the actual comment, why didn't you just delete "Vectorman 1 & 2"?

Well the CD did well in japan all things considered...As for vectorman 1 and 2...i got hit by lazy.
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:00 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  12:07 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:41 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Crossed them out because I forgot i already mentioned the first, Neo mentioned the second.

Though I'm sure we all don't need to talk about the games on the CD and 32x, anyway....That Snes got so many good games too!

Yup, since the Sega CD and 32X totally bombed, the things meant to keep the Genesis alive.

Also you crossed it out already and it wasn't edited before, so if you could cross it out during writing the actual comment, why didn't you just delete "Vectorman 1 & 2"?

Well the CD did well in japan all things considered...As for vectorman 1 and 2...i got hit by lazy.

Well not enough to keep it alive. I think one of the few Sega CD Games I can consider good is Sonic CD, Sol Feace and Terminator.
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:06 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:00 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  12:07 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Yup, since the Sega CD and 32X totally bombed, the things meant to keep the Genesis alive.

Well not enough to keep it alive. I think one of the few Sega CD Games I can consider good is Sonic CD, Sol Feace and Terminator.

Snatcher was pretty impressive and shining force CD...and...ecco CD? And...Yeah that's all I got...
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:14 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:06 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:00 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Well the CD did well in japan all things considered...As for vectorman 1 and 2...i got hit by lazy.

Snatcher was pretty impressive and shining force CD...and...ecco CD? And...Yeah that's all I got...

To be fair, there isn't a huge library anyway so I'll give you that one.

One major stinking failure the SNES probably got involved with was the deal with Sony to make a CD add on, while it killed the Sega Console as Sony later made the Playstation, it also created a new rival which was Xbox, and the Playstation 1 and 2 were big hits so, if they did agree on the add on for SNES perhaps they would be doing better? Maybe...
The 32X was okay at best, and the CD was (Q-bert swears).
But it was too late.

(Aug. 17, 2015  1:19 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:14 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2015  1:06 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well not enough to keep it alive. I think one of the few Sega CD Games I can consider good is Sonic CD, Sol Feace and Terminator.

To be fair, there isn't a huge library anyway so I'll give you that one.

One major stinking failure the SNES probably got involved with was the deal with Sony to make a CD add on, while it killed the Sega Console as Sony later made the Playstation, it also created a new rival which was Xbox, and the Playstation 1 and 2 were big hits so, if they did agree on the add on for SNES perhaps they would be doing better? Maybe...

No, a detail most miss is that Sony would gain all hardware and game sales from the CD add-on, or Play Station.
It would've made Nintendo lose a lot.
Meh good point, but then what the hell is the point of a damn partnership?
Sound quality, and better games to dominate the market, and kill the Sega Genesis was a later goal.
I guarantee the SNES CD would have been amazing; probably would have Nintendo 1st party games with better music and graphics. Probably similar to the Famicom Disk System, as opposed to the Sega CD with its carp "FMV" games.
(Aug. 18, 2015  12:45 AM)Neo Wrote: Sound quality, and better games to dominate the market, and kill the Sega Genesis was a later goal.
I guarantee the SNES CD would have been amazing; probably would have Nintendo 1st party games with better music and graphics. Probably similar to the Famicom Disk System, as opposed to the Sega CD with its carp "FMV" games.

It would be awesome, I think they tried to advance games with an enhanced cartridge for Super Mario World Yoshis Island and while it looks nice, a CD add on would not only look and sound better, but the larger amount of memory would allow more room for improving on games, making the N64 cartridge based was pretty stupid to me.
Honestly, I don't know what would've happened if Play Station went through or not.
It could've either gone through like this:

Nintendo lets them make it, and all profits. However the SNES still gets a lot of sales because of the cheaper price point comparatively.
Nintendo could've said "hey that's it, let's make a new contract for the Ultra 64" and regain primary sales.
OR, Sony would see how profitable it was and made a new Playstation after all of the sales they got and still become a competitor.
Actually speaking of the Nintendo and Sony partnership ordeal of the past.

Found this news flash a while back found it to be interesting really...

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/03/ninte...prototype/
http://gawker.com/is-this-a-long-lost-pr...1715643270
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/3/8889237/...ay-Station

Honestly it looks pretty ugly, prototype or not.
I happen to have a Sega 6-button arcade stick that I had to take apart in order to clean up some gummed up areas. Boy do I love the thing. I don't have many SNES cartridges, but I do have some SNES titles on my Nintendo Wii SD card, especially the DKC trilogy.
2 votes for sega genesis....this thread is making me happy...Themm sega Genesis songs are just so good, i mean listen to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvJymKnSls ...Well...This one is the better version!

https://youtu.be/pL_2JVjWh9k?t=31m52s
Wish I could reverse my vote, now.
SNES had some classics but...
Genesis does, man.
By the way, I recently bought a SNES, but the wiring was no included. How much would be a fair price for the A/V cable and the power suply ?
Hope it works.
SNES AV cables are about $4 or so.
The official power supply is uncommon, but the Chinese ones are like $5.
It was 5$ anyway so...

I don't want to take the risk with any chinese power supply. I don't trust China.
Well best of luck with your search.
(Sep. 15, 2015  9:51 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: It was 5$ anyway so...

I don't want to take the risk with any chinese power supply. I don't trust China.

I use one. It's completely fine.
In fact, it was NES/GENS/SNES, and I cut off the Genesis NES cord. Still works fine.
Well the AV out on the snes is the same for the n64 and gamecube...So, that's one plus...lel
(Sep. 17, 2015  3:41 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Well the AV out on the snes is the same for the n64 and gamecube...So, that's one plus...lel

Nah, you gotta go RGB SCART to HDMI.
Composite is trash.
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:56 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2015  3:41 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Well the AV out on the snes is the same for the n64 and gamecube...So, that's one plus...lel

Composite is trash.

Lol leave my childhood alone!
(Sep. 17, 2015  5:05 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:56 PM)Neo Wrote:

Composite is trash.

Unhappy but your childhood could be a stunning fake 720i.
(Sep. 17, 2015  5:13 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2015  5:05 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:56 PM)Neo Wrote: Nah, you gotta go RGB SCART to HDMI.
Composite is trash.

Unhappy but your childhood could be a stunning fake 720i.

I-I know b-but 720 is perfection.... I cannot resist the beautiful look of a genesis game with RGB!
Yay, my SNES work perfectly ! (Tested in a retro gaming shop)

I bought Super Mario World, and this weekend, I will get the cables/controllers. I can't wait !
Mph, hope it's "a little more realistic." Once you turn it on and play it. Because "Now you're playing with power!SUPER POWER!"