Super Nintendo OR SEGA Genesis

Poll: SUPER POWER OR BLAST PROCESSING?!?!?

Super Nintendo
81.82%
SEGA Genesis
18.18%
Total: 100% 11 vote(s)
Yeah, the "phone" controller was ugly, unresponsive and totally awfull. Even the original idea was bad.
I really liked the Coleco controllers honestly.
Why ? They were so weird haha.
The one with Keypads and a stiff joystick? Eh it's finicky for me.
The good ol' Atari controller is still the best for me.
Not a big fan of those controllers though.
I like arcade sticks Moreso. I have two Super Advantages, haha.
I am fine with the standard NES controllers, they just feel simple and responsive.
Eh the big stick doesn't look comfortable on the thumb, it just looks so long and round, I don't own one but from what I see it doesn't seem like the controller for me.
Personally a ball arcade stick is really nice. And also the Super Advantage is near perfect.
At this point it's getting off topic but...

If I held the ball joystick NOT in the way I would for a modern Xbox or PS3 joystick then it's a little better but in general I would never really use these as it's kind of like cheating to me, sort of like using the NES Advantage for Silver Surfer.
I think I prefer Sonic 3 and Knuckles compared to Super Mario World.
(Aug. 15, 2015  8:19 PM)Neo Wrote: I think I prefer Sonic 3 and Knuckles compared to Super Mario World.

I like them both just as much, Sonic 3 and Knuckles is a nice game with many levels and is purely fun to speed around.

Super Mario World has nice platforming and very smooth controls and has more variety to their levels and gimmicks. I personally would pick this a slight bit more because of it's variety but I find both just as fun.
I don't know if it's only my SNES emulator, but Super Mario World is way too smooth and fast for me.
I think both Normal and emulators feel fine though the emulator for me is a slight slight bit slower, no biggy.

Honestly though he feels so much more smooth and natural than the slippery and floaty Super Mario Bros 3, a game while I like I did have a problem with it's controls being a little too floaty.
Genesis is superior because vectorman, even made a video of why vectorman is the greatest game ever made and for the genesis.
Vectorman is pretty good, but one good game is never enough of a reason to buy a system for me unless it's a really good game. Donkey Kong country is just much smoother and looks better and I love the gameplay flowing nicely, and is a better game to me.

Anyway, your video was barely a review nor does it explain why the ACTUAL game is good.
I actually got Vectorman 2 for free yesterday, haha.
As a die hard nintendo fanboy I would have to choose the snes. Some of my favorite oldie games are on the snes. A link to the last. Harvest moon. Quite a few megaman. (I'm horrible at megaman. Especially megaman 2) But I love the genesis too. Sonic is probobly the only memorable games for me right now. Can't think of anything new else as I don't know as much about sets as I do nintendo. But if we were talking dream cast there is crazy taxi.
(Aug. 16, 2015  2:30 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Vectorman is pretty good, but one good game is never enough of a reason to buy a system for me unless it's a really good game. Donkey Kong country is just much smoother and looks better and I love the gameplay flowing nicely, and is a better game to me.

Anyway, your video was barely a review nor does it explain why the ACTUAL game is good.

Wait, I linked my Vectorman video?

Edit: While I've been working on writing a full review in it as hinted in one of lps that I need to finish uploading after part 1. Though of course I'd be happy to explain why it's a boytiful game.

that 7 to 1 margin of genesis vs snes. ain't no room for genesis in here.
I'm starting to kind of regret saying SNES in a few ways. There were a lot of Genesis hits.
TMNT HyperStone Heist
Gunstar Heroes
Strider
MUSHA
Separation Anxiety
Rocket Knight Adventures
Ristar
Hmmm there's also Eccel The Dolphin II, though that ones only decent for me, also Streets of Rage, Battletoads Genesis Port, Golden Axe series, Phantasy Star II, The Power Ranger Games, Comix Zone.
ooze,shining series, thunder force 2-4,Road rash 1-3,phantasy star 4, Vectorman 1-2,virtua racing, not to mention the Shinobi games as well...so many titles, it's beautiful <3
You already mentioned Vectorman 1 and 2.
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You already mentioned Vectorman 1 and 2.

Crossed them out because I forgot i already mentioned the first, Neo mentioned the second.

Though I'm sure we all don't need to talk about the games on the CD and 32x, anyway....That Snes got so many good games too!
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:41 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2015  9:36 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You already mentioned Vectorman 1 and 2.

Crossed them out because I forgot i already mentioned the first, Neo mentioned the second.

Though I'm sure we all don't need to talk about the games on the CD and 32x, anyway....That Snes got so many good games too!

Yup, since the Sega CD and 32X totally bombed, the things meant to keep the Genesis alive.

Also you crossed it out already and it wasn't edited before, so if you could cross it out during writing the actual comment, why didn't you just delete "Vectorman 1 & 2"?