State of the WBO

So, someone reported Bluezee's post for being exactly what this topic wants to denounce.

What does everyone say about that ?
Yeah, I agree it was kinda stuck-up as a post. He may or may not have a point, but it could have been worded better. All members should be relatively equal in stature when it comes to respect, and that's not happening. It's really something very concerning to me. I don't want the forums to fall into people saying "I'm better, so listen!", and the younger members being unable to put forth something that maybe (Not likely, but it is still possible) an Advanced Member missed.
I'm not going to be bias about it and make an argument because that will get me no where, but I find his posts very demeaning and offensive. I'll leave it at that.
You're not going to fund much opposition on that point. Namely the demeaning part. But of course, there will still be members who will listen to everything the guy says, so maybe if he makes less offensive posts the board as a whole will improve? Optimism.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:37 PM)Temporal Wrote: You're not going to fund much opposition on that point. Namely the demeaning part. But of course, there will still be members who will listen to everything the guy says, so maybe if he makes less offensive posts the board as a whole will improve? Optimism.
Kai-V knows exactly what I mean by that based on previous encounters.
A lot of posts on the WBO are pretty harsh and degrading, and I am a prime example of this. All I can ask of people is to act as if this was face to face. When you can hide behind the computer screen, the little guys can become huge bullies, and the meanest can be even meaner. Just ask yourself: if this was face to face, would I say this to them? Would I act this way?
LOL so now it's about me sounding demeaning or offensive? If it's not one thing it's the other. I am blunt about things. I don't see the bright side in trying to sugarcoat things. If you're going to say something, say it to the full extent and don't hold back otherwise shut up. I clearly just said I don't care where I am placed meaning I do not look for fame or recognition regardless of what people think. This place is already messed up clearly. I don't need to be the one to point out each flaw do I? Whoever that "someone" was is clearly just another person trying to do exactly what I said people attempt to do when it comes to me.

There are a lot of people that don't like me but I don't care. I am not outright saying I am smarter or better than a specific set of people. If I felt like doing that, I would just be wasting my time. If people get offended, maybe they shouldn't be so sensitive to things when it may not even concern them or rather it not even being that serious. People love taking things I say out of context. I am just saying if you don't come correct, don't come at me at all or try to put on the whole elitist front as if you are some sort of intelligent and useful member when you rarely contribute anything worth while and you pretend to be someone you are not. People should not be offended over facts that have been proven OVER and OVER again.

Trying to be an elitist over spinning tops is just dumb but people seem to ignore that and make excuses for their illogical, unnecessary, and plain idiotic attempts to sound smart. That is the problem with this board.

Sparta: Agreed. There is way too much bandwagon hate. If one person says someone else sucks in the Your Creations, either
A. Point out another way to get better
B. Re-explain in better words
C. If they didn't explain, agree/disagree, and explain.
D. Don't post.

I tend to be blunt, but I try to help by pointing out what one can do to improve. But that's a whole different problem.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:59 PM)Bluezee Wrote: LOL so now it's about me sounding demeaning or offensive? If it's not one thing it's the other. I am blunt about things. I don't see the bright side in trying to sugarcoat things. If you're going to say something, say it to the full extent and don't hold back otherwise shut up. I clearly just said I don't care where I am placed meaning I do not look for fame or recognition regardless of what people think. This place is already messed up clearly. I don't need to be the one to point out each flaw do I? Whoever that "someone" was is clearly just another person trying to do exactly what I said people attempt to do when it comes to me.
Since when did I say I was talking about you? Personally, I think you're pretty cool, but that's just me. My post was more of a generalization, for all members on the board. I think it's something we have to work towards; being nicer to people. I mean, imagine you say "SHUTUP YOU MOTHER CARPING CARP" to a new member, and it turns out he's 5 years old. Would you have said that to him in real life?! That's so mean!

Temporal We're on the same boat. I couldn't agree more.
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:02 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:59 PM)Bluezee Wrote: LOL so now it's about me sounding demeaning or offensive? If it's not one thing it's the other. I am blunt about things. I don't see the bright side in trying to sugarcoat things. If you're going to say something, say it to the full extent and don't hold back otherwise shut up. I clearly just said I don't care where I am placed meaning I do not look for fame or recognition regardless of what people think. This place is already messed up clearly. I don't need to be the one to point out each flaw do I? Whoever that "someone" was is clearly just another person trying to do exactly what I said people attempt to do when it comes to me.

There are a lot of people that don't like me but I don't care. I am not outright saying I am smarter or better than a specific set of people. If I felt like doing that, I would just be wasting my time. If people get offended, maybe they shouldn't be so sensitive to things when it may not even concern them or rather it not even being that serious. People love taking things I say out of context. I am just saying if you don't come correct, don't come at me at all or try to put on the whole elitist front as if you are some sort of intelligent and useful member when you rarely contribute anything worth while and you pretend to be someone you are not. People should not be offended over facts that have been proven OVER and OVER again.

Trying to be an elitist over spinning tops is just dumb but people seem to ignore that and make excuses for their illogical, unnecessary, and plain idiotic attempts to sound smart. That is the problem with this board.
Since when did I say I was talking about you? Personally, I think you're pretty cool, but that's just me. My post was more of a generalization, for all members on the board. I think it's something we have to work towards; being nicer to people. I mean, imagine you say "SHUTUP YOU MOTHER CARPING CARP" to a new member, and it turns out he's 5 years old. Would you have said that to him in real life?! That's so mean!

Temporal We're on the same boat. I couldn't agree more.

I wasn't pointing that at you trust me bro. It was general for the most part.
Or lording it up over someone who really does try to learn. It's plain degrading. Their willingness to give input goes down the drain. But maybe people change? Maybe the connotation that follows Bluezee can be broken if we all try to be more civil to an extent?
@Bluzee Alright, then sorry for assuming. You know what they say!

Still, my point stands, especially for a site for a game that's geared towards younger kids. I went through a phase where I was a really mean member, but now I want to pull out of that. It's just not right, and I don't want that to become my image when people think of "Sparta."

Temporal which is why I really want to try and rant less on bad stories.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:59 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I am just saying if you don't come correct, don't come at me at all or try to put on the whole elitist front as if you are some sort of intelligent and useful member when you rarely contribute anything worth while and you pretend to be someone you are not.
I have not contributed anything worth while?
Sparta: True, some rants need to be left alone. It seems people think I'm a mean guy due to my rants. This is untrue. I love writing, and I'd just like to see people improve, and I hate seeing a lack of effort. Is that wrong? I really don't know, but if you ask the people I rant on, they'd say yes. Maybe we could all become better members in a sense. Of course, sarcasm/ranting will still be there, but in more of a joking manner? More optimism. I'd like to believe that we can all improve in a way.

Deikailo: Erm...I'd be an idiot to say no. But he also mentions correct. If you're correct, go for broke.
Aside from Harshness Does anyone Wonder about the new members Info some people are just lazy to learna bout the History of Beyblade LOL By that I nean combos the Tier list and stuff I feel there should be a history of the WBO in Beywiki Prehaps or something to truly teach the new members of the past I hated how recently a Member I tallked to did not know about mold changes
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:12 PM)Temporal Wrote: Deikailo: Erm...I'd be an idiot to say no. But he also mentions correct. If you're correct, go for broke.
He doesn't seem to think I'm correct about anything.

(Sep. 05, 2011  10:14 PM)BillyBlast Wrote: Aside from Harshness Does anyone Wonder about the new members Info some people are just lazy to learna bout the History of Beyblade LOL By that I nean combos the Tier list and stuff I feel there should be a history of the WBO in Beywiki Prehaps or something to truly teach the new members of the past I hated how recently a Member I tallked to did not know about mold changes
Dude, use periods. And I think it is foolish for you to expect every member to know about mold changes. For example, rarely do I pay attention to that.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:51 PM)Sparta Wrote: Just ask yourself: if this was face to face, would I say this to them? Would I act this way?
If I posted based on this philosophy, I would be banned within the hour.
Billy Blast:...This is EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE SAYING! Not to be mean, but you should take the time to explain it yourself. How would you feel if I said that about you instead of taking the time to help. Older members need to help just as much as mods a Veterans. Not a shot, just something for everyone to listen to. We need to be an inviting group, not a group that sounds like that Ink. comic with McFrown and Bluezee, no? I've been here a year now, and there's been a decrease in acceptance for new members. (Yup, I'm nearly ancient. I've been here longer than Th!nk. By the way, he was welcomed much more than we welcome newbies now.)
Quote:Trying to be an elitist over spinning tops is just dumb but people seem to ignore that and make excuses for their illogical, unnecessary, and plain idiotic attempts to sound smart. That is the problem with this board.

I was going to make a post about that, thanks for making it much more clearer.

I am surprised to see many agreeable points , which are indeed the truth (I really wouldn't say "IMO", neither "I am right") in this thread right now.

Clearly, most of the members posted what I had in my mind. And Rai, thanks for so much stuff to agree with.

And with this much getting clear, I really hope this forum will get more better with the things which has, and which will be made clear, and accepted by everyone.
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:19 PM)Temporal Wrote: Billy Blast:...This is EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE SAYING! Not to be mean, but you should take the time to explain it yourself. How would you feel if I said that about you instead of taking the time to help. Older members need to help just as much as mods a Veterans. Not a shot, just something for everyone to listen to. We need to be an inviting group, not a group that sounds like that Ink. comic with McFrown and Bluezee, no? I've been here a year now, and there's been a decrease in acceptance for new members. (Yup, I'm nearly ancient. I've been here longer than Th!nk. By the way, he was welcomed much more than we welcome newbies now.)

I apologize I felt worried half way while posting I had Something else to say but I forgot. That happens often during me posting, But I feel the WBO is quite a Advanced Beyblade Place, and how are new members suppose to learn everything.
But we also must try to educate the newbies ourselves. Of course, I'm going to rant. If another incident occurs when something easily searchable is overlooked, and in the wrong place at that, I will say so. If I am called a douche for it, so be it, I'm a douche to that person. I care not for your impression of me, I'm here to have fun. Now that I think of it, isn't that Bluezee's argument?
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:33 PM)Temporal Wrote: But we also must try to educate the newbies ourselves. Of course, I'm going to rant. If another incident occurs when something easily searchable is overlooked, and in the wrong place at that, I will say so. If I am called a douche for it, so be it, I'm a douche to that person. I care not for your impression of me, I'm here to have fun. Now that I think of it, isn't that Bluezee's argument?

That is exactly it.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:51 PM)Sparta Wrote: Just ask yourself: if this was face to face, would I say this to them? Would I act this way?

I always ask myself "If the WBO's members all had the same personality as me/actually were me, would the WBO be a better/good place?"

I even ask that to myself about real life.
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:41 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  10:33 PM)Temporal Wrote: But we also must try to educate the newbies ourselves. Of course, I'm going to rant. If another incident occurs when something easily searchable is overlooked, and in the wrong place at that, I will say so. If I am called a douche for it, so be it, I'm a douche to that person. I care not for your impression of me, I'm here to have fun. Now that I think of it, isn't that Bluezee's argument?

That is exactly it.

Huh, never thought of it that way. Again, I do believe that you're a very intelligent member. I think you really don't care if one member or two doesn't like you, but don't you feel a bit out of sorts with all of the animosity? By your response, I'd say no, but when you're simply pointing out things you or other members missed or found, you're a pretty good member to have around. I'd rather nobody had any type of bad rep outside of the spammers, of course, so how about we all try to take what others would read into a post into account here, no?
WBO Rules Wrote:Be polite to other members; treat members here how you would like to be treated.
So much for that rule, eh?

Source:
http://worldbeyblade.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=17

(Sep. 05, 2011  10:41 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

That is exactly it.

The post you're quoting actually indicates "mini-modding" behavior, if I'm not mistaken. Which is something you indicated not approving of. Actually, it's mini-modding at best - at worst, ranting at people for making simple mistakes is outright unnecessary and offensive posting for a reason that is not your responsibility.

Honestly, it's not hard to respond to things in an intelligent and contributory, or even "disciplinary" method, without coming off like you've got the better part of a railspike lodged in your colon. I've been here less than a full month, but I've read through nearly every thread in the Beyblading sections almost to their entirety, observed everyone's posting habits, and it's easy for me to see who is and is not guilty of responding in particularly unnecessary, and offensive, manners.

To post in an intelligent format, asserting that you know what you're talking about, without coming off as some punk teenager with asperger's syndrome and a vendetta about it, should be the primary objective of everyone on this board, especially people aiming for the "Advanced Member" status. I don't care how knowledgable someone is, if they come off like a spoiled child with absolutely no sense of respect or tolerance, they may as well be slamming their face into their keyboard for all the value they have.