State of the WBO

Hah, I've noticed that you're almost never an issue on this. You normally (By normally, I mean ALWAYS) have a positive view on this type of stuff.
Oh really?? I swear it's like almost always triggered to the next level by me, even though I try to prevent it.

And that was a fast response.
I think the Basalt TH170MB thread may have been the first time I've seen you miffed at all. But the back-and-forth has been increasing a lot as time goes by here, and it's very concerning.
not being biased but:

I think we should all act equal, even if we're not. Also some times mods (not naming names) can be disrespectful to newer members. I don't like complaining and going on rants. Also, people that post on your creation threads who say that a story sucks should be warned. they can't just say, oh it sucks, just give them directions as to how they should improve their work. There is a limit as to what you can say before it gets personal.

about the combo's thing, I don't see the point of top-tiers, as top-tiers aren't guaranteed to win, but are slightly likelier to. And with the whole thing of if you don't have a TT attack stadium you can't post combos, I find that alot of people don't have TT stadiums, but more like the vortex stadium and those types. I understand it's biased testing, but this is my opinion.

[Image: postbit_report.png]

Report a moderator if you have to. If you see that nothing gets done (so, chances are that report was deleted), personally send me a private message to report what someone did.
Interesting! I never thought that a mod could be reoported, I've had several times I'd like to, especially when they act better than you for no apparent reason...
Well, I am still repenting for a big mistake I made... I think it was all because of me, why all the ban basalt issue came up(I think I was the first one to bring up that issue). I think it was my fault that it was brought to the customizations forum. When it was made, I expected some really intelligent members to post their views, along with the Advanced Members doing their job in the advanced forum's thread by the same name. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It turned out into a thread which probably invited miscreant members who just said- Ban Basalt as I hate it....
I think this is the BIGGEST mistake I have made. Probably because I expected many to post their views about Basalt...
I wanted to share my mistake somewhere, and I finally got a place. Well, thanks Raigeko for posting this, as I sm really needed to share this.
But believe me- The reason to argue about Basalt's thread was not at all due to 'superiority complex', it was because I thought everyone would like to post their views about such a matter. I saw it as a topic of general interest, the very reason why I probably started it all.... I don't think superior of myself though, I don't even deserve to do that, as I extremely inexperienced at beyblade, especially combo making and parts testing, which is probably the main department here... Unhappy
Well, please let me know by PM, whether you share the same thoughts as me. I am prepared to hear every criticism related to that Basalt issue. Unhappy
just one question, who handles the report system? because if it's a moderator, then what if that person gets reported?
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:39 PM)Nwolf Wrote: just one question, who handles the report system? because if it's a moderator, then what if that person gets reported?

Moderators can also see reports obviously. If anything happens due to a moderator's revenge or something, you can always contact me. Send me a private message if you are not banned, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page if you do get banned, and otherwise people should know that they can contact me via Beyblade Spirit too.

However, I doubt anything so severe would happen. Sometimes, newbies report my posts not knowing that I am the one reading most of the reports, and seeing as I know that they are just reacting with immaturity, I simply delete the report, but I never warned anybody over it.
aah, thanks for clearing that up, I just thought that if a mod gets reported then they might just delete it and not get a warning.
"Would not replying to PMs due to being tired or forgetting about them also be called superiority complex?..and do we get warned for arguing with mods over PMS..sorry if this is the wrong thread..if so..please tell me where to ask this"

To such sort of things..how do we answer..if we dont want to show the superiority complex because the obvious answer would be to go to Questions about the WBO thread..but what if the reader misunderstands it? Is it still our fault..many people on Bey tournaments India thread have misunderstood some of my posts similarly..

BTW: I really need the answers to those questions Tongue_out..that is, the ones mentioned in""
One thing I want to say is that when there's a spam topic, why do 7 people have to post on it saying "this will be closed. Reported"? I don't think that even one person has to. Just report it and leave it to the committee member who reads the report.
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:59 PM)SAM10795 Wrote: "Would not replying to PMs due to being tired or forgetting about them also be called superiority complex?..and do we get warned for arguing with mods over PMS..sorry if this is the wrong thread..if so..please tell me where to ask this"

Who does that ? Someone who barely gets twenty private messages every day should not have an excuse.

People only get warned for private messages if they clearly just SPAM someone, or if they have gotten to send very offensive messages. Sometimes those are just funny though, hah.

Shabalabadoo Wrote:One thing I want to say is that when there's a spam topic, why do 7 people have to post on it saying "this will be closed. Reported"? I don't think that even one person has to. Just report it and leave it to the committee member who reads the report.

They all post at the same time, that is the problem. If they knew that someone already posted, I am sure that most of them would not post.

However yes, I agree that sometimes nobody should even reply, and the post or topic should simply be reported.

Still, what is better, in the case where someone makes a whole thread just to ask a question : those who answer it instead of redirecting to the proper place to make the person more independent, or those who tell the member that they should not make this thread ?

If you really want to post : "this will be closed!!", then you should always give a valid explanation, because otherwise it is almost SPAM, since you do not help the user not make the same mistake in the future.
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: People only get warned for private messages if they clearly just SPAM someone, or if they have gotten to send very offensive messages. Sometimes those are just funny though, hah.
Does the time I, Pocky, To, and a few other people tried to get you to laugh over the tarantula count as being funny spam? 'Cause I've been wondering if it worked.
Wait, pocky got warned for one little common mistake? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Otherwise Rai you spoke for all of us here Grin I guess I owe you apology bro. Sorry dude. Back on topic, u do feel like sometimes mods aren't fair. I remember on the going back topic I said "people got something to do right? So wishes to Roan." Then he started badmouthing me calling me douchebag. Andi said something back then Kei warned me for dissing him like wtf? That wasn't even fair at all. He's the one snapping at me while e was still mod at that time. After PMing Kei he shortened the suspension.

Tem when you said warning an important member or something like that. Great example, Bluezee. He only post on what his opinions are and some member would say he's wrong and start the situation first but in the end bluezee gets warned like wdffff man? That certain member started it warn him/her not bluezee. He was only speaking what comes to his mind. Bluezee deserves to be in the adv forums. As a matter of fact he's smarter than most adv forums. IMO he's the most important person on WBO. He found ways to break the basalt winning in tourneys etc etc. If he gets banned for speaking out for himself or his own opinion that's pretty much the end. Or stupid. Now, im not treating him like he's an God. He's an member with beyond knowledge than adv forums. I do want to speak more about this but I don't want to get warned.
(Sep. 05, 2011  5:37 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Well, I am still repenting for a big mistake I made... I think it was all because of me, why all the ban basalt issue came up(I think I was the first one to bring up that issue). I think it was my fault that it was brought to the customizations forum. When it was made, I expected some really intelligent members to post their views, along with the Advanced Members doing their job in the advanced forum's thread by the same name. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It turned out into a thread which probably invited miscreant members who just said- Ban Basalt as I hate it....
I think this is the BIGGEST mistake I have made. Probably because I expected many to post their views about Basalt...
I wanted to share my mistake somewhere, and I finally got a place. Well, thanks Raigeko for posting this, as I sm really needed to share this.
But believe me- The reason to argue about Basalt's thread was not at all due to 'superiority complex', it was because I thought everyone would like to post their views about such a matter. I saw it as a topic of general interest, the very reason why I probably started it all.... I don't think superior of myself though, I don't even deserve to do that, as I extremely inexperienced at beyblade, especially combo making and parts testing, which is probably the main department here... Unhappy
Well, please let me know by PM, whether you share the same thoughts as me. I am prepared to hear every criticism related to that Basalt issue. Unhappy

We were all pushing to get it put in the forums for regular users. Sadly, there were a lot of pointless voting and posts, but some good discussion came out of it. For the most part, it wasn't a bad idea. It could have been worse.

Rotation: We've all said some pretty ignorant things. Maybe you should/shouldn't have been warned, but you have said some not-so-great things. So have I, so has Rai, frankly, a lot of us have. That's my problem. The back-and-forth, the arguments, and the misunderstanding has gotten out of hand in some instances. It's like we're talking AT each other, or even over each other, not to each other. It's detrimental to the idea of a community.
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:33 PM)® Wrote: Tem when you said warning an important member or something like that. Great example, Bluezee. He only post on what his opinions are and some member would say he's wrong and start the situation first but in the end bluezee gets warned like wdffff man? That certain member started it warn him/her not bluezee. He was only speaking what comes to his mind. Bluezee deserves to be in the adv forums. As a matter of fact he's smarter than most adv forums. IMO he's the most important person on WBO. He found ways to break the basalt winning in tourneys etc etc. If he gets banned for speaking out for himself or his own opinion that's pretty much the end. Or stupid. Now, im not treating him like he's an God. He's an member with beyond knowledge than adv forums. I do want to speak more about this but I don't want to get warned.

When you grow up and understand that, in life, you simply cannot call a place a concentration camp, then come back to me. I do not care if he has the most knowledge on the board, but Advanced Members should have a really good attitude, because people will be looking at their posts in the Advanced Forum, almost as an example.
That post reminded me, I've seen more posts that are "wtf" and purposely misspelled variants of the F bomb. I think I should report people who post that kind of swearing, but is it a big deal?

Thought this fit here better than "questions about the WBO" because it seems like something I've noticed a lot lately, and I dont really think people should be doing on this website. It is in the rules.
Well, "wtf" is a way to express ones feelings and has became part of the internet now and then. I see some adv members use it to. To me, it isn't that big of a deal.

Kai-V I thought adv forums was based on knowledge? But you there, got a point. Bluezee is 17 [says his info] . So I can't argue with that fact you got there. But good one though.
The advanced forums is based on tact and the way you convey your knowledge as well.

EDIT: Would also like to point out that Taiwo Seigi did not show up at all for his tournament, but never received a warning. I can understand if he showed up late, but he didn't even show up at all. Did he even return Toy Wiz's stadium? It should go to Kyubibey, who took the initiative to keep the tournament alive. As much as I was fighting for Taiwo, I really can't see his actions going without consequences, either.

Pockyx3 at least tried to correct the problem once he noticed it. That's what counts.
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:33 PM)® Wrote: Wait, pocky got warned for one little common mistake? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Otherwise Rai you spoke for all of us here Grin I guess I owe you apology bro. Sorry dude. Back on topic, u do feel like sometimes mods aren't fair. I remember on the going back topic I said "people got something to do right? So wishes to Roan." Then he started badmouthing me calling me douchebag. Andi said something back then Kei warned me for dissing him like wtf? That wasn't even fair at all. He's the one snapping at me while e was still mod at that time. After PMing Kei he shortened the suspension.

Tem when you said warning an important member or something like that. Great example, Bluezee. He only post on what his opinions are and some member would say he's wrong and start the situation first but in the end bluezee gets warned like wdffff man? That certain member started it warn him/her not bluezee. He was only speaking what comes to his mind. Bluezee deserves to be in the adv forums. As a matter of fact he's smarter than most adv forums. IMO he's the most important person on WBO. He found ways to break the basalt winning in tourneys etc etc. If he gets banned for speaking out for himself or his own opinion that's pretty much the end. Or stupid. Now, im not treating him like he's an God. He's an member with beyond knowledge than adv forums. I do want to speak more about this but I don't want to get warned.

Thank you for this. Had I said it, I would have been banned or whatever the "punishment" (lol) is today. Quite frankly, I have been thinking and have been told a lot of what you are saying for a long time now. I usually just let people think they know something even if they don't because when I speak, people don't know how to accept that they are actually wrong and can't handle constructive criticism and try badmouthing me(not smart). I feel this whole board has turned into a race for the status of being advanced. People have forgotten that it is not only important to be knowledgable to it is just as important to recognize that others have knowledge as well. People are usually too fixated on themselves or trying to outsmart someone when in reality, they should be stepping up their own game. There is a lot of people who believe that if something does not work for the majority then it is generally ineffective or impossible however this is far from the truth.

Another issue is this mini-modding garbage floating around. People need to understand their place and know that they are NOT moderators. They like to try to be mini-mods in hopes of hopping on that elite bandwagon and getting some status however it just makes them look like complete idiots. I enjoy being blunt because people tend to understand what I mean that way. They don't understand nice criticism. Of course, some people find me to be mean or arrogant for it. Do I care? Nope. Why? Because when I did people tried to throw me under the bus. Unfortunately, I don't get along with a lot of people and a lot of people don't like me because my intelligence exceeds theirs or I shut down something they state or introduce. It's not like I go on a rampage or hunt to shut things down or say when people are wrong. I just do not like ignorance.

When people continue to chase something that isn't particularly that important, they tend to fall further behind with each attempt. Advanced is just your name in italics and you get to post in a board that is slower paced. The fact is, most changes go on outside the advanced forum. I don't really care where I am placed or anything and most people shouldn't because the fact of the matter is, we are all still members. I'm rather bored with my community anyway seeing as how challenges really don't exist for me over here. The board is just about as boring. I don't post as much for that reason. I just think the whole race for the advanced status should just stop because there are A LOT of people MUCH more intelligent than many in the advanced forum if not all. That simple. Then again, of course people will just try to bring up old stuff to try to downplay me. I could care less. Just relax Rotation. I don't want you to get flamed or banned for being correct. Apparently, you don't have to be intelligent to be advanced.
(Sep. 05, 2011  8:17 PM)Deikailo Wrote: The advanced forums is based on tact and the way you convey your knowledge as well.

EDIT: Would also like to point out that Taiwo Seigi did not show up at all for his tournament, but never received a warning. I can understand if he showed up late, but he didn't even show up at all. Did he even return Toy Wiz's stadium? It should go to Kyubibey, who took the initiative to keep the tournament alive. As much as I was fighting for Taiwo, I really can't see his actions going without consequences, either.

Pockyx3 at least tried to correct the problem once he noticed it. That's what counts.

Of course Taiwo Seigi will get a warning, I just have not gotten any advice from other Committee Members on how much I should give him. Plus, it is not like he comes here any more frequently than when he did not attend his own tournament anyway ...
(Sep. 05, 2011  8:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  8:17 PM)Deikailo Wrote: The advanced forums is based on tact and the way you convey your knowledge as well.

Of course Taiwo Seigi will get a warning, I just have not gotten any advice from other Committee Members on how much I should give him. Plus, it is not like he comes here any more frequently than when he did not attend his own tournament anyway ...
I got 50% for doing the same thing, but with a legitimate reason and a cancellation notice. If he gets any lower than that, I will be very disappointed.

And then you have to account for pretty much what would be a theft of the stadium at this point...
I had more than fifty in mind.
(Sep. 05, 2011  8:43 PM)Bluezee Wrote:

I can agree with everything except for that last part of the third paragraph. Yeah, I'm a total noob compared to you, SSJ, Dan, and a bunch of others, and I defer to them. They're pretty intelligent, as are you. Frankly, yeah, I don't really see a difference either, but when you look at the quality of discussion between the regular forums and the Advanced, just look at the Basalt idea. Of course we'd like to be recognized. (Well, not really me. As long as I can help, I'm good.)

Being an Advanced Member isn't really the point. The point is how much you help the community, and how often you do so to do so, not for fame/notoriety. (Yes, I know the bad connotation from the word. But it fits nonetheless.) But that's beside the point. Back to my original point, they're still smart. Maybe there are smarter members out there, but this has already been discussed before in the Comments/Suggestions thread. Kai-V says that she has a direct list of those who are close to getting italics, so those members may become advanced soon. Maybe I'm too optimistic, maybe I'm just naive, maybe I'm an idiot, but that's how I think.