Star Wars General Discussion

(Dec. 23, 2020  6:15 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:14 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: It's over Anakin! I have the high ground!

You underestimate my power.

Don't try it.
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:31 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:15 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: You underestimate my power.

Don't try it.

*proceeds to try it and gets chopped in half*
Star Wars animated shows was the best
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:54 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Star Wars animated shows was the best

Clone Wars and Rebels were the best. Resistance was eh.
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:55 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  6:54 AM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote: Star Wars animated shows was the best

Clone Wars and Rebels were the best. Resistance was eh.

Clone Wars was my favorite snd rebels was great.Resistance was okay
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:00 PM)SacredXcalibur Wrote: The sequel trilogy was Trash.

Idk I thought episode 7 was ok kinda like ep 3 was but generally speaking yes, the sequels trilogy was trash. Tbh I don’t think I quite like the extended legends continuity either though.

The Force Awakens was good. An alright start to the sequels.

The Last Jedi was just bad! Nothing about it was good. The throne room fight was really cool though.

unpopular opinion but Rise Of Skywalker isnt as bad as people say it is. I don't know why people hated it, maybe because of "Rey Skywalker"?
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:07 PM)Zeutron Wrote:

Idk I thought episode 7 was ok kinda like ep 3 was but generally speaking yes, the sequels trilogy was trash. Tbh I don’t think I quite like the extended legends continuity either though.

Honestly Ep 7 was just a mediocre remake of episode 4 at best. Episode 3 was actually pretty good, but the dialogue was the main problem.

(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

The Last Jedi was just bad! Nothing about it was good. The throne room fight was really cool though.

unpopular opinion but Rise Of Skywalker isnt as bad as people say it is. I don't know why people hated it, maybe because of "Rey Skywalker"?
Probably because of how it screwed over Anakin's entire character arc.
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

The rise of skywalker was too repetitive, rushed and it’s existence kind of makes some of the sequel trilogy’s genuinely good story points obsolete. It destroys the gold concept they had of Rey being a legitimate nobody who just felt empowered and obligated to do the right thing and makes her the emperors grand daughter. They also just bring Palpatine back with barely any context (all we know is that it was a clone body which kind of renders the ending of s6 obsolete in some ways). They don’t explain how he somehow has the power of all the sith to ever exist either.
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)SacredXcalibur Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:07 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Idk I thought episode 7 was ok kinda like ep 3 was but generally speaking yes, the sequels trilogy was trash. Tbh I don’t think I quite like the extended legends continuity either though.

Honestly Ep 7 was just a mediocre remake of episode 4 at best. Episode 3 was actually pretty good, but the dialogue was the main problem.

(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: The Force Awakens was good. An alright start to the sequels.

(Dec. 23, 2020  11:16 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)SacredXcalibur Wrote: Honestly Ep 7 was just a mediocre remake of episode 4 at best. Episode 3 was actually pretty good, but the dialogue was the main problem.

#releasethejjcut
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:15 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:11 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: The Force Awakens was good. An alright start to the sequels.

The rise of skywalker was too repetitive, rushed and it’s existence kind of makes some of the sequel trilogy’s genuinely good story points obsolete. It destroys the gold concept they had of Rey being a legitimate nobody who just felt empowered and obligated to do the right thing and makes her the emperors grand daughter. They also just bring Palpatine back with barely any context (all we know is that it was a clone body which kind of renders the ending of s6 obsolete in some ways). They don’t explain how he somehow has the power of all the sith to ever exist either.

Palpatine is why George Lucas hated the last movie. Palpatine was actually supposed to die in the 6th movie, and bringing him back also makes Anakin’s defeat of darth vader and his dark influence (palpatine) seem all worthless. Honestly I would’ve accepted it if Rey’s parents were Han and Leaih (however you spell that) because at least it makes more sense then being Palpatine’s granddaughter (besides who would want to be impregnated by him).
I personally think that although ep 8 was bad it did one thing that was on the right track. It tried moving on from the Jedi and the Sith, and it tried moving into the ideas of light side and dark side. As well all know, you don’t have to be a Jedi to use the light side nor do you have to be a Sith to use the dark side. Something both the sequels and legends fail to do is move on from these things and venture deeper into origin. Ep 9 could have at least been decent had they moved on from the junk we already know about.
I would’ve liked a darth jar jar appearance in episode 9 meeza the boss
I’m personally glad that Abeloth was never brought into canon. Such an overpowered and unnecessary force would ruin the ideas of Star Wars tbh.
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:20 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:15 PM)Zeutron Wrote: The rise of skywalker was too repetitive, rushed and it’s existence kind of makes some of the sequel trilogy’s genuinely good story points obsolete. It destroys the gold concept they had of Rey being a legitimate nobody who just felt empowered and obligated to do the right thing and makes her the emperors grand daughter. They also just bring Palpatine back with barely any context (all we know is that it was a clone body which kind of renders the ending of s6 obsolete in some ways). They don’t explain how he somehow has the power of all the sith to ever exist either.

Palpatine is why George Lucas hated the last movie. Palpatine was actually supposed to die in the 6th movie, and bringing him back also makes Anakin’s defeat of darth vader and his dark influence (palpatine) seem all worthless. Honestly I would’ve accepted it if Rey’s parents were Han and Leaih (however you spell that) because at least it makes more sense then being Palpatine’s granddaughter (besides who would want to be impregnated by him).

He probably caused someone to get pregnant using the same power he did. To shmi skywalker
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:11 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:
(Dec. 23, 2020  11:20 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Palpatine is why George Lucas hated the last movie. Palpatine was actually supposed to die in the 6th movie, and bringing him back also makes Anakin’s defeat of darth vader and his dark influence (palpatine) seem all worthless. Honestly I would’ve accepted it if Rey’s parents were Han and Leaih (however you spell that) because at least it makes more sense then being Palpatine’s granddaughter (besides who would want to be impregnated by him).

He probably caused someone to get pregnant using the same power he did. To shmi skywalker

I’m pretty sure it was Darth Plagueis that impregnated Shmi through the force since he was the one who influenced the midi chlorians to conceive Anakin, this power was lost when Plagueis died. Yes in the original revenge of the Sith script Palpatine created him but that would be a major plot hole so they removed it. Besides, if he actually had the ability to create force sensitives in that way, he could have just created a new child to replace Vader as his apprentice.
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m personally glad that Abeloth was never brought into canon. Such an overpowered and unnecessary force would ruin the ideas of Star Wars tbh.

Same with Nihilus. The man can literally eat planets!
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I’m personally glad that Abeloth was never brought into canon. Such an overpowered and unnecessary force would ruin the ideas of Star Wars tbh.

Same with Jar Jar
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:34 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:11 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: He probably caused someone to get pregnant using the same power he did. To shmi skywalker

I’m pretty sure it was Darth Plagueis that impregnated Shmi through the force since he was the one who influenced the midi chlorians to conceive Anakin, this power was lost when Plagueis died. Yes in the original revenge of the Sith script Palpatine created him but that would be a major plot hole so they removed it. Besides, if he actually had the ability to create force sensitives in that way, he could have just created a new child to replace Vader as his apprentice.

Wasn't plageuis Palatine's master, maybe palatine learned that? My lore of star wars is rather limited
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:43 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

Same with Nihilus. The man can literally eat planets!

Darth Nihilus was definitely very powerful wasn’t THAT powerful tbh. He just drained the force energy of planets in order to increase his own life span, the plants weren’t necessarily destroyed. His force abilities were relatively the same and not overpowered themselves and it was only his lifespan that was effected by the drain. In terms of offensive power he was a glass cannon.

DeltaZakuro btw I believe he’s one of the Sith Lords that brought back into canon in ep 9 because Sidious had a statue of him on exegol. Doesn’t necessarily mean his origin is the same but it’s still cool.
(Dec. 24, 2020  4:36 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2020  3:43 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Same with Nihilus. The man can literally eat planets!

Darth Nihilus was definitely very powerful wasn’t THAT powerful tbh. He just drained the force energy of planets in order to increase his own life span, the plants weren’t necessarily destroyed. His force abilities were relatively the same and not overpowered themselves and it was only his lifespan that was effected by the drain. In terms of offensive power he was a glass cannon.

DeltaZakuro btw I believe he’s one of the Sith Lords that brought back into canon in ep 9 because Sidious had a statue of him on exegol. Doesn’t necessarily mean his origin is the same but it’s still cool.

Yeah, if I remember correctly Revan is canon too due to a Sith Trooper squad named after him. Idk if there was a Revan Statue in the Exegol temple though.
i have a giant starwars book map and i dont like starwars anymore so anyone want it?