Star Wars General Discussion

(Jan. 01, 2021  7:04 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I kinda understand why Mark Hamill hates The Last Jedi. They made Luke look like an absolute joke, and the fact he's happy that
makes me so happy.

Yeah totally. Mark Hamill may be an actor at the end of the day, but he understands Star Wars a lot better than The sequel writers do tbh. Luke is supposed to be wise and masterful, a symbol of hope. He doesn’t give up so easily nor would he fail that easily. It’s just not him.

Uk what I’ve noticed? The sequel trilogy is some of the only bad Star Wars material that has ever been made by Disney. Rebels, The Mandalorian, new clone wars season (technically not super reliant on Disney but still), Rogue one and a lot of the new canon comic stories are all really good but it’s particularly the sequel trilogy aka the only completely new storyline that sucks. It leads me to believe that whoever is writing the sequels is the real issue.
(Jan. 02, 2021  4:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2021  7:04 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I kinda understand why Mark Hamill hates The Last Jedi. They made Luke look like an absolute joke, and the fact he's happy that
makes me so happy.

Yeah totally. Mark Hamill may be an actor at the end of the day, but he understands Star Wars a lot better than The sequel writers do tbh. Luke is supposed to be wise and masterful, a symbol of hope. He doesn’t give up so easily nor would he fail that easily. It’s just not him.

Uk what I’ve noticed? The sequel trilogy is some of the only bad Star Wars material that has ever been made by Disney. Rebels, The Mandalorian, new clone wars season (technically not super reliant on Disney but still), Rogue one and a lot of the new canon comic stories are all really good but it’s particularly the sequel trilogy aka the only completely new storyline that sucks. It leads me to believe that whoever is writing the sequels is the real issue.

Yeah. Rogue One was pretty good. Rebels and Clone Wars were spectacular and The Mandalorian was just downright the best star wars ive watched since the prequels. 

And I have to agree, i believe Rian Johnson said in a very old interview that he "wanted a movie that some people would love and some people would absolutely hate", im no movie expert but i don't think that's what you want to go for when writing a movie people are expecting to be good.
(Jan. 02, 2021  11:18 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2021  4:45 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah totally. Mark Hamill may be an actor at the end of the day, but he understands Star Wars a lot better than The sequel writers do tbh. Luke is supposed to be wise and masterful, a symbol of hope. He doesn’t give up so easily nor would he fail that easily. It’s just not him.

Yeah. Rogue One was pretty good. Rebels and Clone Wars were spectacular and The Mandalorian was just downright the best star wars ive watched since the prequels. 

And I have to agree, i believe Rian Johnson said in a very old interview that he "wanted a movie that some people would love and some people would absolutely hate", im no movie expert but i don't think that's what you want to go for when writing a movie people are expecting to be good.
Sounds like Rian just wanted to cause drama and stuff, purposely wanting a controversial movie.
(Jan. 03, 2021  12:14 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2021  11:18 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Yeah. Rogue One was pretty good. Rebels and Clone Wars were spectacular and The Mandalorian was just downright the best star wars ive watched since the prequels. 

Sounds like Rian just wanted to cause drama and stuff, purposely wanting a controversial movie.

Thats pretty much the Sequels in a nutshell. TFA was an alright start but The Last Jedi was awful (i despise Holdo for a lot of reasons) and The Rise Of Skywalker was meh imo but Palpatines return pretty much contradicted Anakins sacrifice.

I heard Disney was going to de-canonize (if that makes sense heh) the sequels but idk when that will be or if they have already done it.
(Jan. 03, 2021  12:24 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  12:14 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Sounds like Rian just wanted to cause drama and stuff, purposely wanting a controversial movie.

Thats pretty much the Sequels in a nutshell. TFA was an alright start but The Last Jedi was awful (i despise Holdo for a lot of reasons) and The Rise Of Skywalker was meh imo but Palpatines return pretty much contradicted Anakins sacrifice.

I heard Disney was going to de-canonize (if that makes sense heh) the sequels but idk when that will be or if they have already done it.

The things that really ruined tfa were ep 8 and 9 because they contradicted a lot of the genuinely good story points and details that were introduced in ep 7. It’s still a decent movie but it was a good one before ep 8.
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:44 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  12:24 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Thats pretty much the Sequels in a nutshell. TFA was an alright start but The Last Jedi was awful (i despise Holdo for a lot of reasons) and The Rise Of Skywalker was meh imo but Palpatines return pretty much contradicted Anakins sacrifice.

The things that really ruined tfa were ep 8 and 9 because they contradicted a lot of the genuinely good story points and details that were introduced in ep 7. It’s still a decent movie but it was a good one before ep 7.

YES. SOMEONE GETS IT THANKYOU.
I would like to point out that red force lightning is honestly so much cooler than the regular blue/purple variants (in canon).
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:49 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I would like to point out that red force lightning is honestly so much cooler than the regular blue/purple variants (in canon).

Wait, there's RED force lightning? Oh my god, I've wanted that since I was seven!
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:51 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:49 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I would like to point out that red force lightning is honestly so much cooler than the regular blue/purple variants (in canon).

Wait, there's RED force lightning? Oh my god, I've wanted that since I was seven!

Totally. In legends there are a large number of users but in canon, it’s a lot more interesting and unique. In canon, only extremely strong dark side users could use red force lightning and it was essentially the strongest form of it seen. I believe that only two people have so far been capable of using red force lightning in canon. One of them was the son of Mortis (who I’m sure you’ve heard of) who was essentially a dark side force god so long as the father was alive. The second was actually Anakin! It was revealed that Anakin would have also been capable of using red force lightning like the son had he never received his suit. He used it when he entered a realm where he didn’t require his suit and it was so powerful that it annihilated the Palpatine of that realm. Anakin being able to use red lightning does make sense since he’s pretty much born from the force.
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:51 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: Wait, there's RED force lightning? Oh my god, I've wanted that since I was seven!

Totally. In legends there are a large number of users but in canon, it’s a lot more interesting and unique. In canon, only extremely strong dark side users could use red force lightning and it was essentially the strongest form of it seen. I believe that only two people have so far been capable of using red force lightning in canon. One of them was the son of Mortis (who I’m sure you’ve heard of) who was essentially a dark side force god so long as the father was alive. The second was actually Anakin! It was revealed that Anakin would have also been capable of using red force lightning like the son had he never received his suit. He used it when he entered a realm where he didn’t require his suit and it was so powerful that it annihilated the Palpatine of that realm. Anakin being able to use red lightning does make sense since he’s pretty much born from the force.

...Star Wars lore is reaching FNaF levels of complexity...
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:59 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:56 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Totally. In legends there are a large number of users but in canon, it’s a lot more interesting and unique. In canon, only extremely strong dark side users could use red force lightning and it was essentially the strongest form of it seen. I believe that only two people have so far been capable of using red force lightning in canon. One of them was the son of Mortis (who I’m sure you’ve heard of) who was essentially a dark side force god so long as the father was alive. The second was actually Anakin! It was revealed that Anakin would have also been capable of using red force lightning like the son had he never received his suit. He used it when he entered a realm where he didn’t require his suit and it was so powerful that it annihilated the Palpatine of that realm. Anakin being able to use red lightning does make sense since he’s pretty much born from the force.

...Star Wars lore is reaching FNaF levels of complexity...

LMAO yes it really is. At least it’s not a mystery though.
Bonus: the pic of Anakin absolutely tearing Palpatine apart with force lightning.

[Image: 72-EF0-F9-A-385-A-4622-BFAF-5-D75-D00-DCC4-B.png]
(Jan. 03, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:59 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: ...Star Wars lore is reaching FNaF levels of complexity...

Bonus: the pic of Anakin absolutely tearing Palpatine apart with force lightning.

*Wipes tear from my eye*

It's beautiful...
Yeah definitely. Also satisfying seeing Anakin fry Sidious.
(Jan. 03, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  2:59 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote: ...Star Wars lore is reaching FNaF levels of complexity...

Can you imagine if Vader actually killed Palpatine like that.
(Jan. 03, 2021  4:57 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: LMAO yes it really is. At least it’s not a mystery though.

Instead Vader just YEETS him.
(Jan. 03, 2021  4:57 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2021  3:02 AM)Zeutron Wrote: LMAO yes it really is. At least it’s not a mystery though.

My mind would honestly just implode. In canon, Vader is already the second most powerful sith to exist second only to this dude but to see him on this level, I would honestly dream of it.
Prediction for Ahsoka series.

Ahsoka (maybe Sabine too?) goes on a journey to search for Ezra and Thrawn.

Also Boba Fett is getting a spinoff called The Book Of Boba Fett.
(Jan. 04, 2021  5:24 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Prediction for Ahsoka series.

Give us old republic Disney.
(Jan. 04, 2021  6:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2021  5:24 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Prediction for Ahsoka series.

Give us old republic Disney.

For real! I honestly want to see a Revan spinoff.
(Jan. 04, 2021  6:36 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2021  6:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Give us old republic Disney.

For real! I honestly want to see a Revan spinoff.

It probably wouldn’t be as exciting since canon makes all charatcers 10x weaker but it would still be awesome. Revans story is actually very similar to Anakin’s except it doesn’t end on a tragic note and all.
Anyone wanna talk about something Star Wars related? Bored af rn.
(Jan. 05, 2021  6:57 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Anyone wanna talk about something Star Wars related? Bored af rn.

Yeah. What were thoughts on Star Wars: Resistance? It was an animated series that aired after Rebels concluded.
(Jan. 05, 2021  7:10 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2021  6:57 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Anyone wanna talk about something Star Wars related? Bored af rn.

Yeah. What were thoughts on Star Wars: Resistance? It was an animated series that aired after Rebels concluded.

Never watched but I heard it wasn’t great.
(Jan. 05, 2021  7:15 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2021  7:10 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Yeah. What were thoughts on Star Wars: Resistance? It was an animated series that aired after Rebels concluded.

Never watched but I heard it wasn’t great.

You weren't missing much tbh. There were some good episodes but it just wasn't as good as Rebels or Clone Wars (which I still need to finish)
(Jan. 05, 2021  7:17 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2021  7:15 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Never watched but I heard it wasn’t great.

You weren't missing much tbh. There were some good episodes but it just wasn't as good as Rebels or Clone Wars (which I still need to finish)

Ahh ok. It uses different animation as well right?