Stadium Fence - Do you use it?

(Jan. 12, 2009  6:50 AM)taru678 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:39 AM)ZenX Wrote: To add in, in the HMS era any Beyblade which had sharp edges would probably hurt(L-spin DGMS cuts anyone? )

There isn't a single HMS Beyblade I can think of sharp enough to cut anyone.
i didnt mean cut dude it like busts it apart i guess i dont know how to assemble it right .-.

I wasn't talking to you.
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:39 AM)ZenX Wrote: To add in, in the HMS era any Beyblade which had sharp edges would probably hurt(L-spin DGMS cuts anyone? )

There isn't a single HMS Beyblade I can think of sharp enough to cut anyone.

Try to hold DGMS(left) or DGMS UV(left) when spinning(right after first shot) Eee and you'll understand, however, don't blame me if you get hurt Pinching_eyes
I don't think they'll like cut you, but with metal framed ARs (or Wheels even) may just hit harder.
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  3:58 AM)FFX Wrote: Never really used it for safety, but I mean the guy has a point, if little kids are playing with it they should be using it because it might prevent them from getting hit.

Am I saying people should or shouldn't use it?

It's ambiguous, by not using it it gives people an excuse (others aren't using it why should I), but you haven't come out on either side of the fence, although you seem against it.
I've only used it a couple of times, never again.
it's anoying to assemble and always come undone, and then when i actualy try to use it my blades fly out and go straight through it. WTF!?
not very useful :\
I only ever used the fence as a background to my videos.

I don't use the fence because I know I'm not gonna hit hard enough for it to really hurt me and because it gets in the way most of the time.
TBH if I was playing on a table then yeh it would make more sense to use it because it will stop the beyblade from getting damaged, but as I usually play on the floor I don't use it.
(Jan. 12, 2009  3:10 PM)FFX Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:33 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  3:58 AM)FFX Wrote: Never really used it for safety, but I mean the guy has a point, if little kids are playing with it they should be using it because it might prevent them from getting hit.

Am I saying people should or shouldn't use it?

It's ambiguous, by not using it it gives people an excuse (others aren't using it why should I), but you haven't come out on either side of the fence, although you seem against it.

It's not my problem, people don't need an excuse. If you feel unsafe without it, use it. If you feel fine not using it, don't use it. Most people don't use it, it's not like I'm starting a trend here.
To be honest, with the WBO videos at least you can just say 'The fence was removed for educational purposes' or something like that.
true bad bois battle with out the fence B)
I find the fence quite useful, knocked out blades don't roll all over your room.
But I don't see a real danger in Beyblade anyway as long as you don't hold your face right next to the stadium.

To avoid complaints like that, just make little notes like "follow the safety advises on your packages, kids!" into your videos or next to them. I think the instruction sheets always mentioned you shouldn't hold your head over an arena with spinning blades in it and stuff.
I have used my Stadium fence a Grand total of...oh carp 0 times.
When I was little we used to bloody play on top of tables and we never had any major harm come to us (Sure a bruise from a flying hms, but thats easily acquired from walking to stuff anyway.)
I really can't see the fence protecting you from beyblades. I've played with the fence around the F-series era, around the time I started, and my Driger F always flew right over the fence.

So should people use them? Well, if your mom is super psycho overprotective freak and thinks that children's spining tops could kill you...
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can't even remember the last time I was hit by a Beyblade, let alone the last time it actually made any meaningfull impact.
I recall a certain incident. It involved a lesson on why stadiums shouldn't be used on an elevated surface.
(Jan. 12, 2009  11:01 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: I have used my Stadium fence a Grand total of...oh carp 0 times.
When I was little we used to bloody play on top of tables and we never had any major harm come to us (Sure a bruise from a flying hms, but thats easily acquired from walking to stuff anyway.)

My intention of putting the fence when playing on high floors such as a table is to protect the Beyblade from getting itself damaged, not myself or my friends as we have really good reflexes...
The old plastic ones seemed to come apart easily as well. But those Steel Cages they use at the MFB Tournaments are awesome!
(Jan. 12, 2009  11:56 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can't even remember the last time I was hit by a Beyblade, let alone the last time it actually made any meaningfull impact.
I recall a certain incident. It involved a lesson on why stadiums shouldn't be used on an elevated surface.

Are you on about a certain Tournament, a Wolborg MS and somewhere a guy really wouldn't want said blade to hit?

When I read about that I lawled (Sorry Brad, but it is quite amusing)

ZenX: Back when I was 10 We didn't care much for how bad they got damaged.
I should consider posting up a picture of my first beyblade XD
(Jan. 12, 2009  10:37 PM)Sasch Wrote: But I don't see a real danger in Beyblade anyway as long as you don't hold your face right next to the stadium.
This I agree with; I personally don't see how you're in any danger unless you put your eye right over the stadium or something (or if you don't want your blade to get damaged). If the blade is coming at you with enough force, then I'm pretty sure it'll break through the stadium fence anyway.

You're right Brad: people just love to complain! There are much more dangerous situations just by walking outside than to be seriously hurt by a spinning metal and plastic top. Anyone who actually enjoys sports knows this for a fact (especially something like paintball).

But this may be a young Japanese kid and he's probably been swept up by Takara-TOMY's safety practices. The thing is, WBO's videos appeal to the more advanced and older crowds, but the younger crowds will probably find immaterial 'problems' like a stadium fence, not to say that some of the younger people won't find them useful.
I know for a fact it's a Japanese adult worried about the welfare of children, not a child contacting me. Wink
Hmmm.....overbearing is an understatement in my opinion.
Still, maybe he's just swept over by Takara-TOMY's rules as well and, probably, don't understand the advance concepts of blading (or that getting hit by a blade really doesn't hurt).
The only time I have ever used the stadium fences was for my videos on the Youtube account. Unless you are a really young child, a Beyblade flying out of the stadium will probably not hurt at all.

The only time I got 'hurt' by a Beyblade was by a DGMSUV. It was zooming around the stadium, got knocked out at full speed and hit me right in the arm. Even that only stung for a few seconds though.

So basically, for children it is good to use, but for people such as us (and even a bit younger), it is not necessary for protection.
Never bothered with them, worse damage i've managed to get would be a cracked toenail from a renegade samurai changer combo (used phantom foxes CWD upside down to stop it switching modes) flying out of the stadium.

I can see why a parent would get into contact about it (only looking out for the welfare of his child after all) but I will agree that the fences arent exactly necessary.
Even though I don't have one the stadiums with the fences, it looks like it would get really annoying and get in the way and i'm sure it would prolly limit you in terms of launching/shooting the blade. so I wouldn't use mine if I had one.

But you have to remember how reckless some kids are, they can do some pretty crazy stuff. lol
All you need to do is sit behind one of the three walls on the stadium and you'll be fine. I don't understand why they'd think it's a problem now when it was never a problem before.
I think a half-height fence would probably give more freedom for launching technique, while keeping safety-conscious japanese adults happy.