Stadium Fence - Do you use it?

I got an e-mail from a Japanese Blader saying that I was promoting an unsafe practice for children with my Sliding Shoot video by not using the stadium fence. He claimed that with the recent introduction of MFB it's dangerous to not use it.

My response was that the major danger is being hit in the face, which the fence does not protect against. In addition, while the instructions claim you should use it it's fundamentally optional; if it was that huge of a concern for Takara-Tomy, they would build their stadiums similar to Hasbro. In the end, the stadium guard mostly exists to relieve Takara-Tomy of responsibility in the case of an injury.

In the end, it's up to the parents to ensure their children are playing safely. Currently, the WBO rules do not require the stadium fence to be used and I personally never use it because it makes shooting techniques virtually impossible to perform with any accuracy.

Do you think it's unsafe to promote playing without the stadium fence? Do you ever use it?
I think I've used the Fence that came with my TBTS a grand total of one time. (I don't even know where it is anymore)

I could see some people WANTING to use them, as a high speed blade flying out one of the sides could potentially hit someone. Especially when it's small children playing.
I personally just find them to get in the way.
I never use mine, it just gets in the way. I've never really gotten hurt from any of my beyblades anyways. As you said, it doesn't protect from any serious injury anyways
I've assembled one out of the three that I have, and I didn't really find it useful since I found that it got in my way most of the time. I don't really use it anyways since I don't find it personally hazardous to get hit by a KOed Beyblade. I can see how it's a concern for MFB though.

It's probably bad to say this, but I don't think little kids will really participate with any WBO related activities. It shouldn't be too big of a concern considering our age mean.
I never use the stadium fence when I am blading at home. It is such a hassle setting it up and I see it as pointless. The only time I use it is at tournaments in the park so the blades dont fly off the table.
Is it illegal to use in WBO play?
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:36 AM)Maz Wrote: Is it illegal to use in WBO play?

No, it's up to your discretion. I'm not going to tell people they can't use it, but I'm not going to force anyone to use it either. Any child young enough to be hurt by a KOed Beyblade should be supervised by parents anyway.
i just looked at mine..and well..i find it useless..it was previously stated, it makes shooting techniques almost impossible..the mfb one looks cool but i dont see myself putting it together for major use..besides, this is only one blader that said this so he/she could just be overreacting or just wanting somethin to complain about
I dont have one but if I did I wouldnt use it. Im not too bothered about being hit if it means I can use shooting techniques. Uncertain
I can't even remember the last time I was hit by a Beyblade, let alone the last time it actually made any meaningfull impact.
Actually I get hit all the time. It doesnt really hurt though. Uncertain
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can't even remember the last time I was hit by a Beyblade, let alone the last time it actually made any meaningfull impact.

BND........(didnt u get hit under the belt?) But I've only gotten hit twice as far as I can remember. Once by MFB and it didn't do anything and once with a plastic smash attack combo that made my finger bleed. Nothing serious =/
(Jan. 12, 2009  2:01 AM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  1:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can't even remember the last time I was hit by a Beyblade, let alone the last time it actually made any meaningfull impact.

BND........(didnt u get hit under the belt?) But I've only gotten hit twice as far as I can remember. Once by MFB and it didn't do anything and once with a plastic smash attack combo that made my finger bleed. Nothing serious =/

i was standing with my waist level to the stadium

i was asking for that lmao
I only use it sometimes so I don't lose Beys that fly out into the abyss that is my house. Never for safety.
(Jan. 12, 2009  2:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  2:01 AM)Pichuscute Wrote:

i was standing with my waist level to the stadium

i was asking for that lmao

I was just saying, u should remember that since it wasn't too long ago =P But that wasn't while you were beyblading anyways.
(Jan. 12, 2009  2:10 AM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: I only use it sometimes so I don't lose Beys that fly out into the abyss that is my house. Never for safety.

haha, now that you mentioned it, it would be useful to save base clips for plastics!
Never really used it for safety, but I mean the guy has a point, if little kids are playing with it they should be using it because it might prevent them from getting hit. Aren't the average Japanese blader much younger than we are?
(Jan. 12, 2009  3:58 AM)FFX Wrote: Never really used it for safety, but I mean the guy has a point, if little kids are playing with it they should be using it because it might prevent them from getting hit. Aren't the average Japanese blader much younger than we are?

Is the average japanese blader watching Brad's videos?
Almost all the Japanese bladers I have seen playing on pictures or in videos did not use the fence.

In tournaments, TAKARA-TOMY imposes them, so of course bladers have to accomodate.

Yes, Japanese beybladers might be younger on average.
I make the players use them in our NY/NJ tournaments because otherwise the Beyblades will fly away from the stadium and be damaged or destroyed by the surrounding environment. Or clogged with dirt. And that just isn't cool.
(Jan. 12, 2009  3:58 AM)FFX Wrote: Never really used it for safety, but I mean the guy has a point, if little kids are playing with it they should be using it because it might prevent them from getting hit.

Am I saying people should or shouldn't use it?
Well, I use it due to the fact that I am using the stadium on my dorm-room table due to the lack of spacing in the floor and its easier when you shoot standing straight where my main concern is that I don't like any of my Beyblade to fall off of 2,5 feet, however, normally at home I had never assembled a fence XD

To add in, in the HMS era any Beyblade which had sharp edges would probably hurt(L-spin DGMS cuts anyone? ) which sometimes forced me to use a fence, however, we don't have the similar issue with MFB due to the (intentionally) lowered spin-rate and less sharp edges, so if anyone's not that much concerned with their safety in an obsessed way may not use it. However, if the area you are Beyblading would cause problems such as losing parts or Beyblade getting damaged, you should use it...
every time i put mine up when a beyblade got knocked out it busted through the fence anyways -.- its reallly annoying
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:39 AM)ZenX Wrote: To add in, in the HMS era any Beyblade which had sharp edges would probably hurt(L-spin DGMS cuts anyone? )

There isn't a single HMS Beyblade I can think of sharp enough to cut anyone.
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:48 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2009  6:39 AM)ZenX Wrote: To add in, in the HMS era any Beyblade which had sharp edges would probably hurt(L-spin DGMS cuts anyone? )

There isn't a single HMS Beyblade I can think of sharp enough to cut anyone.
i didnt mean cut dude it like busts it apart i guess i dont know how to assemble it right .-.