Sports Random Thoughts/Discussion

(Jul. 30, 2019  3:32 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:27 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote: I play cricket which is a pretty popular sport in my country. And no insect jokes XD
Do you play for fun, or competitively?

Fun. Although its pretty tiring with the amount of running. I was gonna try out at school but the tryouts got canceled and we'll get notified later of when they are.
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:38 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:32 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Do you play for fun, or competitively?

Fun. Although its pretty tiring with the amount of running. I was gonna try out at school but the tryouts got canceled and we'll get notified later of when they are.

Hope you can try out!
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:39 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2019  3:38 PM)Spriggan 2.0 Wrote: Fun. Although its pretty tiring with the amount of running. I was gonna try out at school but the tryouts got canceled and we'll get notified later of when they are.

Hope you can try out!

Thanks, Cheeto!
Hey, if anyones in high school/college/etc, whats your school’s best sport(s)? My high school does really well at basketball, volleyball, cross country, and track
From my hoop to my garage/main shooting point, it’s the exact length of an NBA 3 point shot line.
Where I live is pretty whack. For some reason, if you know how to play volleyball, youre officially a “cool kid”
(Aug. 04, 2019  5:36 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Where I live is pretty whack. For some reason, if you know how to play volleyball, youre officially a “cool kid”

That’s really weird. Where I live, you just have to do something that everyone likes, or have something strange about you. Being the disabled kid in the class/neighborhood is fun.
(I hope this doesnt count as necroposting. I like this thread)

So I got my sophomore year schedule and Im really happy to see track on it. Its just listed as Cross Country because the coach does both (and cross is fall season, whereas track is spring)
(Aug. 21, 2019  7:03 PM)GreenK9148 Wrote: Does anyone watch NASCAR or Formula 1?

My brother watches NASCAR
(Aug. 21, 2019  6:22 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: (I hope this doesnt count as necroposting. I like this thread)

So I got my sophomore year schedule and Im really happy to see track on it. Its just listed as Cross Country because the coach does both (and cross is fall season, whereas track is spring)

It doesn’t Wink.

I’m glad you got track! Is the coach nice?
(Aug. 21, 2019  10:01 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  6:22 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: (I hope this doesnt count as necroposting. I like this thread)

It doesn’t Wink.

Yeah!! Funny thing is that I thought he was scary at first, and I literally admitted that to him
(Aug. 21, 2019  11:33 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  10:01 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: It doesn’t Wink.

Yeah!! Funny thing is that I thought he was scary at first, and I literally admitted that to him

Haha, what was his reaction?
(Aug. 21, 2019  11:55 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  11:33 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Yeah!! Funny thing is that I thought he was scary at first, and I literally admitted that to him

Haha, what was his reaction?

“Scary?? How am I scary? Thats ridiculous! Your track friends must be trolling against me”
(Aug. 22, 2019  12:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2019  11:55 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Haha, what was his reaction?

“Scary?? How am I scary? Thats ridiculous! Your track friends must be trolling against me”

Wow. Do they think he’s “scary”?
(Aug. 22, 2019  12:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2019  12:42 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: “Scary?? How am I scary? Thats ridiculous! Your track friends must be trolling against me”

Wow. Do they think he’s “scary”?

No. They feed me stuff like “he forces you to do an event you dont want” and “LOOK HOW SCARY I MADE HIM WITH THIS SNAPCHAT FILTER!!”
I like to play tennis. I sorta suck, but it’s fun. I pretty much never get my serves in.
I used to have a boxing coach that while not being ''scary'', was a very serious and demanding coach. Competitively-inclined, too. Recreational boxers were very clearly not his preference. I could see why kids could find him ''scary'', lol. I know some folks my age who used to be trained by him that left his gym because they did not like him. Boxing is serious business to him and it can be overwhelming to some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(Aug. 22, 2019  1:09 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2019  12:45 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Wow. Do they think he’s “scary”?

No. They feed me stuff like “he forces you to do an event you dont want” and “LOOK HOW SCARY I MADE HIM WITH THIS SNAPCHAT FILTER!!”

Oof. I doubt that’s true.
But seriously, the changing-events thing is true. The Girls’ Track team has too many sprinters, and its no surprise he need people to do other things like shot put and long jump. And given that my schools’ female athletes are drama queens, they act like its that bad

I wonder if any other school is like this
(Aug. 22, 2019  1:27 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: But seriously, the changing-events thing is true. The Girls’ Track team has too many sprinters, and its no surprise he need people to do other things like shot put and long jump. And given that my schools’ female athletes are drama queens, they act like its that bad

I wonder if any other school is like this
Oof. My school is like that.
So today was my first day in track. The coach forgot to tell people who didnt go to the summer practice program that we had to bring our clothes on the first day. So most of us sat out if practice while the dressed athletes ran a mile. I pretty much sat with my friends and listened to them gossip

So far, so boring
(Aug. 29, 2019  4:10 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: So today was my first day in track. The coach forgot to tell people who didnt go to the summer practice program that we had to bring our clothes on the first day. So most of us sat out if practice while the dressed athletes ran a mile. I pretty much sat with my friends and listened to them gossip

So far, so boring
Oof. Today I had gym and the teacher literally called up only athletic kids up for demonstrations. They were being really prejudiced.
(Aug. 29, 2019  8:29 PM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  4:10 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: So today was my first day in track. The coach forgot to tell people who didnt go to the summer practice program that we had to bring our clothes on the first day. So most of us sat out if practice while the dressed athletes ran a mile. I pretty much sat with my friends and listened to them gossip

So far, so boring
Oof. Today I had gym and the teacher literally called up only athletic kids up for demonstrations. They were being really prejudiced.

You really sure? They probably know how to do things like dribbling a ball between their legs or set a volleyball correctly. Some teachers use them to make demonstrations quicker. I know I will slow the class down since I cant do any of those, lol. But if they really did that and was aware of their prejudice, then thats just plain rude
(Aug. 30, 2019  12:49 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2019  8:29 PM)Dash Driver Wrote: Oof. Today I had gym and the teacher literally called up only athletic kids up for demonstrations. They were being really prejudiced.

You really sure? They probably know how to do things like dribbling a ball between their legs or set a volleyball correctly. Some teachers use them to make demonstrations quicker. I know I will slow the class down since I cant do any of those, lol. But if they really did that and was aware of their prejudice, then thats just plain rude
I could do a lot of the things in the demonstrations, but I don’t look like a sporty kid who can do things. They mostly chose kids who looked athletic.