Quote:{{Beybox
| image =
| full item name = Sparkling Attacker
| item number = #33
| beyblade system = [[4-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Attack]]
| starter or booster = Starter
}}

Note: While an early plastic release, this Beyblade was released by Hasbro during the G Revolution series.
__TOC__
== Attack Ring (AR): Spark Attack Ring ==
This AR is made up of two sections: there is an inner circular part with ridged edges as well as an outer ring which encases the first section. This exterior piece is also circular in shape but with four big block sections and four little blocks distributed symetrically around the Beyblade's perimeter. The AR has two gimmicks. The first is that the outer ring is free spinning due to the small size of the inner ring. The second gimmick is that the AR can spark, as is suggested by the Beyblade’s name. This is achieved by a strip of sandpaper in the inner section of the outer ring and apiece of flint which goes into a hole on the outside of the inner ring.

===Mold alterations===
Hasbro removed the sparkling gimmick by not including the sandpaper and filled in the hole for the flint. This was likely due to the fire hazard caused by the sparks.

== WD: Six Heavy ==
See [[Heavy Weight Disks | Six Heavy]]

== Blade Base (SG): Flat Base ==
See [[Flat Base]]

== Other Versions ==
-Hasbro version – Sparkling gimmick removed from the Attack Ring
-Sparkling Attacker promotional version (Blue plated metallic)

== Overall ==
This is a Beyblade with an interesting gimmick. The Attack Ring is an interesting predecessor to S-ARs on Beyblades released later in the plastic series. Hasbro’s late release and the rarity of both the Takara and Hasbro versions unfortunately result in it being rather unknown to most Bladers. The Blade Base has no use due to being heavily outclassed. Sparkling Attacker should only be purchased for collection purposes.

This is the first of my stub series for plastics. These will be articles for plastic beyblades with anything to minimal descriptions of parts to articles that aren't totally complete but are nearly there. This is in an attempt to provide info on beyblades where they have no mention at all on beywiki. If they are tested after going up, then they can be updated and their stub allocation will be removed.
Are you 100% sure on the name of the ar?
Why do you ask? Kind of an odd question.
(Apr. 29, 2013  9:40 PM)Time Wrote: Are you 100% sure on the name of the ar?

Check the beyblade parts list on Beywiki.
It is but I had the directions for this bey come in a lot (not the actual bey) and I remember it being something more along the lines of starry attack
Beywiki Parts List Wrote:Sparkling Attacker
AR: Spark Attack Ring
WD: Heavy
BB: Flat Base

Could you take a picture of the instructions if you still have them? Hasbro may have renamed it.
A few things:

1) I really doubt the name starry attack. That doesn't even relate to the beyblade and sounds rubbish.
2) Unless the manual was takara it's unlikely that's true. Hasbro never really listed part names and I think only changed ones with controversial names and Takara did and that list was made by a person from Japan so a lot more trustworthy than you vague memories of what is a very bad name.
3) Any reason you're trying to throw a wrench into this? Seriously probably the first person in recent memory to question the name of a part on that list. And your reasoning isn't very good and most likely wrong.
It was a mere question, if you don't have any doubts, I am 100% ok with it ad nk the instructions are long gone
I have the Takara Instructions, if that helps to end this conversation ..

EDIT: Maybe you should include that Hasbro removed the gimmick due to potential fire and safety hazards.
I've added it but i'm trying to get one so if I do I want to see if it actually can set anything on fire (in a safe environment of course). However because it's hasbro there was probably not that much chance haha.
(Apr. 30, 2013  6:19 AM)Cannon Wrote: I have the Takara Instructions, if that helps to end this conversation ..

Sure, since we only use original names, it might be better to see the instruction booklet if you do not mind.
Whoever buys this from Oki eventually should test this officially. It is only 400 yen, but I guess shipping will be around three times that.

It probably is bad though. Can't go left, so zombies are out the window, and it has those two big points sticking out of it, and they don't even face right.
th!nk said he wasn't impressed when he tried it but didn't give any more details. However you can't really put that in the article. Also unless I missed it Oki doesn't have one for sale.
(Apr. 29, 2013  11:28 PM)Time Wrote: It is but I had the directions for this bey come in a lot (not the actual bey) and I remember it being something more along the lines of starry attack

Yo just because I'm inactive doesn't mean you can roll into threads and start talking complete and utter lies. I checked the name myself in the spin up guidebook when I went through the parts list. Also, sparkling attacker was from a period where the AR's were named basically Gimmick-Type-Ring, so what you've said is particularly flawed.
Basically: cut it out. It was bad enough when I just had to deal with you whenever I checked MFB topics you'd posted incorrect stuff in... As much as I desperately want the plastics community to grow, I even more don't want said community influenced by the incorrect thoughts of fools with bigger ego's than ability to check their errors.

As for performance yes it sucks: it still has a lot of recoil, and there's still plenty of friction between the SAR and the rest of the bey. It's also kinda fragile, but it's a pain to explain and I don't have time to get pictures etc, but the bottom part is thin so where there are these gaps in it, the thinnest part breaks real easy (as it did on mine during testing).
If you can write that yourself properly to beywiki wording so it can be put into the article that would be good.
Since this is an article it needs to be formal...... Blockish doesn' really make it out try finding a more formal word to fill it in Smile

Maybe include more imformation about the overall how well it battles up against other beys are there positives? are there negatives? what is really speacial about the bey and would you reccomend buying this bey?

if you add in the stuff above it'll be a fantastic article Smile
Quote:{{Beybox
| image =
| full item name = Sparkling Attacker
| item number = #33
| beyblade system = [[4-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Attack]]
| starter or booster = Starter
}}

Note: While an early plastic release, this Beyblade was released by Hasbro during the G Revolution series.
__TOC__
== Attack Ring (AR): Spark Attack Ring ==
This AR is made up of two sections: there is an inner circular part with ridged edges as well as an outer ring which encases the first section. This exterior piece is also circular in shape but with four big block sections and four little blocks distributed symetrically around the Beyblade's perimeter. The AR has two gimmicks. The first is that the outer ring is free spinning due to the small size of the inner ring. The second gimmick is that the AR can spark, as is suggested by the Beyblade’s name. This is achieved by a strip of sandpaper in the inner section of the outer ring and a piece of flint which goes into a hole on the outside of the inner ring.

===Mold alterations===
Hasbro removed the sparkling gimmick by not including the sandpaper and filled in the hole for the flint. This was likely due to the fire hazard caused by the sparks.

== WD: Six Heavy ==
See [[Heavy Weight Disks | Six Heavy]]

== Blade Base (SG): Flat Base ==
See [[Flat Base]]

== Other Versions ==
-Hasbro version – Sparkling gimmick removed from the Attack Ring
-Sparkling Attacker promotional version (Blue plated metallic)

== Overall ==
This is a Beyblade with an interesting gimmick. The Attack Ring is an interesting predecessor to S-ARs on Beyblades released later in the plastic series. Hasbro’s late release and the rarity of both the Takara and Hasbro versions unfortunately result in it being rather unknown to most Bladers. This beyblade has a near complete lack of testing but the blocky shape of the AR suggests it wouldn't have much use. (Either there is testing or we do not write any recommandations on Beywiki.) The Blade Base has no use due to being heavily outclassed. Sparkling Attacker should only be purchased for collection purposes.
Hm? I hadn't noticed that being in there... Ultra knew I had already done enough with this AR before mine broke to know it wasn't worth using - it's recoily despite the free spin feature because there's still a lot of friction (also, if hasbro removed the gimmick without something else to replace its spacing function then their version would be even worse because the outer part could easily be pushed off-centre, and I suspect this was probably the case, but if anyone has a hasbro one, I'd appreciate underside pictures of the AR just to confirm). The design still has a lot of friction with the beyblade (with or without flint/spark paper) and between this, the fact that the free spinning part has a fair bit of weight and therefore a lot of energy loss from its collisions is felt by the combo it is used on, and the recoily design means it's ineffectual for every type. Furthermore, the same had been said about it by others who had used it in the past, at least I recall that being the case, anyway, certainly never saw anything positive written about it from a reliable source (or any source for that matter). tl;dr it's kinda like roller defense ring if roller defense ring was utterly terrible in every conceivable manner instead of a useful part.

I'd made this clear a bunch of times in the past - I even recall directly stressing to Ultra that it needed to be made clear in any draft for it because the design often leads to people thinking it might have potential (and if not I did definitely state it multiple times elsewhere), so I really do not know why Ultra wrote that we didn't know about it... I mean, I guess it's because he wrote it as a stub but saying there's no information is flat out incorrect...

Thanks for the fix-up, by the way. When I am done with the main things I'm working on at the moment I'll look at getting the actual information in this up to scratch and getting it up - shouldn't be too hard seeing as it's just one unique part and that part is pretty much useless, though I would prefer to have underside pictures of the hasbro AR before it goes up.
I have changed the OP the edit Kai-V made. Obviously as this is "stub" and few people own it and able to test it I suggest that this be put up as after being checked over once more.
I own a Sparkling Attacker, both Hasbro and Takara.
I actually think that the Hasbro Version is worse. Since the flint and sandpaper aren't on Hasbro, this makes Hasbro's better for Endurance. Since the AR stops free spinning when it sparks, this makes it smash other Beyblades reliably and without any recoil basically.
(Aug. 08, 2014  10:48 PM)Neo Wrote: I own a Sparkling Attacker, both Hasbro and Takara.
I actually think that the Hasbro Version is worse. Since the flint and sandpaper aren't on Hasbro, this makes Hasbro's better for Endurance. Since the AR stops free spinning when it sparks, this makes it smash other Beyblades reliably and without any recoil basically.

How does that make it worse ? Their just better at different things .
Also, Hasbro has a darker shade of orange.

(Aug. 08, 2014  11:14 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2014  10:48 PM)Neo Wrote: I own a Sparkling Attacker, both Hasbro and Takara.

How does that make it worse ? Their just better at different things .

Well, I believe that shape is preferred in Attack Combos. However it is viable.
Can you do some proper testing then comparing the two brands Neo?
(Aug. 09, 2014  10:30 AM)Ultra Wrote: Can you do some proper testing then comparing the two brands Neo?

I'll try to do it t'night.