Snoc's bladers analysis

WARNING: I AM NOT THE KING OF WRITING STORIES. DON'T EXPECT ALL MY POINTS TO BE SPOT ON
I will return over long periods of time to post these, cause I like doing them
(I'm temporarily returning to post this because this is a large majority of the beyblade fandom so other places would be less seen)
(this is based off the anime)
Aiga, or Aiger Akabane has too be one of the most loved characters: for all the wrong reasons. However how bad was his character development really? lets go over some well known facts first.
1.Aiga uses dark resonance as plot armor to win a VERY wide majority of his battles
2.He starts off with a shaky relationship with Achilles, but soon they improve, a little bit.
3.Chouzetsu has some of the worst power scaling in general based on Aiga alone, other series have been almost perfect. (with a few exceptions for each one)

First I'd like to examine the second point: He does not gain a true bond with Achilles after turbo. In GT when Aiga was beaten ONCE he got angry and activated his full power/resonance. This is bad for 2 reasons: If he really had good development 1 loss shouldn't effect him much, and if Achilles wasn't as strong attack with the amount of power Aiga used could've resulted in cracks, or Achilles Breaking. The other reason ties into my first one: even if Achilles was strong it would've still had some resistance to follow Aiga. But that wouldn't be convenient to the plot would it? We can't waste our time on a Aiga subplot that would've really helped his character in general right?

Another point I want to examine is his likeability. When Turbo started Aiga alone brought in a ton of fans. (and turbo specifically) But why? Why do people like such a flawed character that is unlikeable, due to constant use of plot armor? First would be his hair. When Aiga and Achilles "bond" to go all out (Aiga just pushes Achilles for the most part) his hair stands up and glows red. While that is just a small reason, it looks a dragonball. Lots of kids that like dragonball have a dragon ball character, which is usually goku with his super saiyan hair. I believe this is because the audience likes Large explosions of power, that is used to crush its opponent. And hey, Aiga does that with his plot armor! So Aiga never fails to bring a stupid flashy move before wrecking his opponent with the help of plot armor, And lots of people like that and don't focus on his obviously
flawed character. But if you know he's gonna win 99% of the time where's the fun in that? Another point I'd like to bring up is Aiga clothing and aesthetics. Aiga has a similar look to Valt, with his hair in a bun. However his main color is red, which would usually pop out more that blue (depending on the type of red of course, however red is usually just more eye catching general). A final point would be Achilles, Its a cool guy with a cool sword
that can cause big cracks in the ground, and that's cool.

A final smaller point would be other characters. Let's say Aiga was fighting Phi. Phi has broken previous beys, making him out to be a bad character. And with Aiga's other "charms" that I've listed (if you can call them that) along with just wanting the hero to triumph over the villain, lots of people would root for Aiga. And then lets say we face someone like Fubuki. Fubuki doesn't pop out all that much, and defense is boring cause he doesn't move around, So I root for Aiga. And with a returning character like Valt or Free, it would be like well These guys are cool and powerful, however based on Aiga's previous exploitings of plot armor, he will crush them making him more cool
by default. Therefore I will root for Aiga. Stuff like that would just quickly go through an Aiga fans mind, leading them to root for him alot. (besides the exploiting of plot armor part).

In conclusion, Aiga is cool and does cool things, and is really strong so he's likeable. And with a lot of kids being brought into Turbo, they wouldn't examine the "finer" parts of his character (look at his flawed character) and Say "hey, Aiga is cool and all but has a pretty bad character" which would lead them to question hey: is Aiga really that good?

ALSO: If you like Aiga that's fine. If you don't like Aiga: that's also ok. this is what I believe, which is that Aiga is a very flawed character. and sorry for bad formating of sentences, notepad doesn't translate too well into a post. and I say a lot of things which would be in the perspective of a Aiga fan without quotations, sorry :P
nice, cant wait to see more
Great analysis!
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:00 PM)snoc Wrote: WARNING: I AM NOT THE KING OF WRITING STORIES. DON'T EXPECT ALL MY POINTS TO BE SPOT ON
I will return over long periods of time to post these, cause I like doing them
(I'm temporarily returning to post this because this is a large majority of the beyblade fandom so other places would be less seen)
(this is based off the anime)
Aiga, or Aiger Akabane has too be one of the most loved characters: for all the wrong reasons. However how bad was his character development really? lets go over some well known facts first.
1.Aiga uses dark resonance as plot armor to win a VERY wide majority of his battles
2.He starts off with a shaky relationship with Achilles, but soon they improve, a little bit.
3.Chouzetsu has some of the worst power scaling in general based on Aiga alone, other series have been almost perfect. (with a few exceptions for each one)

First I'd like to examine the second point: He does not gain a true bond with Achilles after turbo. In GT when Aiga was beaten ONCE he got angry and activated his full power/resonance. This is bad for 2 reasons: If he really had good development 1 loss shouldn't effect him much, and if Achilles wasn't as strong attack with the amount of power Aiga used could've resulted in cracks, or Achilles Breaking. The other reason ties into my first one: even if Achilles was strong it would've still had some resistance to follow Aiga. But that wouldn't be convenient to the plot would it? We can't waste our time on a Aiga subplot that would've really helped his character in general right?
Is that really a bad thing though? If a blader gets beaten, then they know they’ve got to be serious. And if you go by that logic, then isn’t Valt bad as well? Valt was just launching in Episode one of GT and activated GT.
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:00 PM)snoc Wrote: Another point I want to examine is his likeability. When Turbo started Aiga alone brought in a ton of fans. (and turbo specifically) But why? Why do people like such a flawed character that is unlikeable, due to constant use of plot armor? First would be his hair. When Aiga and Achilles "bond" to go all out (Aiga just pushes Achilles for the most part) his hair stands up and glows red. While that is just a small reason, it looks a dragonball. Lots of kids that like dragonball have a dragon ball character, which is usually goku with his super saiyan hair. I believe this is because the audience likes Large explosions of power, that is used to crush its opponent. And hey, Aiga does that with his plot armor! So Aiga never fails to bring a stupid flashy move before wrecking his opponent with the help of plot armor, And lots of people like that and don't focus on his obviously flawed character. But if you know he's gonna win 99% of the time where's the fun in that?
Aiga was hated for a bit so I don’t know where you’re getting that he was loved since his debut. Also, Lui has the hair thing but they dropped him early on.
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:00 PM)snoc Wrote: Another point I'd like to bring up is Aiga clothing and aesthetics. Aiga has a similar look to Valt, with his hair in a bun. However his main color is red, which would usually pop out more that blue (depending on the type of red of course, however red is usually just more eye catching general). A final point would be Achilles, Its a cool guy with a cool sword
that can cause big cracks in the ground, and that's cool.
If they use any Bit Beast for the main Bey, then of course they’re gonna show off the cool stuff. Who wouldn’t? And who wouldn’t want to see it?
(Apr. 27, 2020  9:00 PM)snoc Wrote:
A final smaller point would be other characters. Let's say Aiga was fighting Phi. Phi has broken previous beys, making him out to be a bad character. And with Aiga's other "charms" that I've listed (if you can call them that) along with just wanting the hero to triumph over the villain, lots of people would root for Aiga. And then lets say we face someone like Fubuki. Fubuki doesn't pop out all that much, and defense is boring cause he doesn't move around, So I root for Aiga. And with a returning character like Valt or Free, it would be like well These guys are cool and powerful, however based on Aiga's previous exploitings of plot armor, he will crush them making him more cool
by default. Therefore I will root for Aiga. Stuff like that would just quickly go through an Aiga fans mind, leading them to root for him alot. (besides the exploiting of plot armor part).
Aiga took a while to beat Shu when he first got Cho-Z Achilles, and only won once, so most people would still say that Shu is better.
In conclusion, Aiga is cool and does cool things, and is really strong so he's likeable. And with a lot of kids being brought into Turbo, they wouldn't examine the "finer" parts of his character (look at his flawed character) and Say "hey, Aiga is cool and all but has a pretty bad character" which would lead them to question hey: is Aiga really that good?
Are you saying that just because they’re kids, they can’t view a character in depth? That’s called age discrimination. Sure, some can’t, but a lot can.
ALSO: If you like Aiga that's fine. If you don't like Aiga: that's also ok. this is what I believe, which is that Aiga is a very flawed character. and sorry for bad formating of sentences, notepad doesn't translate too well into a post. and I say a lot of things which would be in the perspective of a Aiga fan without quotations, sorry Tongue_out
CheetoBlader this isn't specifically for you, but I think you ought to see this
(look up at the full analysis for more details)
Aiga isn't good. However all of his "epicness" leads a lot of people to like him, and just not notice his flaws. so here's how I would make Aiga a better character.
First I would show more signs of dark resonance putting a strain on Achilles besides breaking, and also Aiga. Stuff like mentally being drained, or being weak afterwards to signify the large use of power. This would go well with Aiga's crazy state when using it, though I would like to see that state more. Second I would have it so Achilles gradually gets weaker and weaker, to show that he's growing away from Aiga and not wanting to put forwards his full power. Third I would make each win of Aiga's when he uses dark resonance not as fulfilling. Like lets say Aiga uses dark power and just rockets Achilles around the stadium, destroying it and overpowering his opponent momentarily, then they would come back and Aiga would barely win. And most of the time Aiga shouldn't win. After these I would have Achilles breaking being done by Valt like in the manga, rather than Phi. Phi is a bad guy so people would be like "hey he broke Achilles we have to evolve it to get back at him". But Valt breaking Achilles would hold more value, "Wait, Valt broke a bey! Oh, he did it cause Achilles and Aiga were bad! (more in depth than just being bad but I don't feel like typing it out). Now I understand, Aiga will have to get his carp together and change if he wants to be strong!!!" Also I would have Achilles breaking be sooner, so we would have a lot of time for Aiga to get stronger and be able to go against Valt without plot armor. And finally, Make Aiga vs Valt's ending like the manga, where Aiga barely wins with a spin finish. This will represent that Aiga didn't just jump all the way from being weak to strong immediately, and that he's just barely reached that point.

NOTE: and if Aiga gets CHo-z Achilles more early on I would like there to be more loses, and Aiga to accept them rather than just striving to be stronger.
snoc, so you want Valt to be the hero of Cho-Z?
CheetoBlader
1.no , Valt being more present would be cool, however Aiga in that moment having a little subplot would've helped his character, Valt would just have more added on to his.
2.Turbo brought in a lot of new bladers, which were drawn to Aiga due too his "cool factor"
3.I'm not saying having a cool avatar is bad, that's just another reason why people would like Aiga
4.My bad, however just beating SHu in general would be a huge feat. They just treat it like, oh yeah I beat him so I'm strong now!
5.No, why would I I'm also a kid lol. but lots wouldn't really look into it, I do because I noticed early on
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:22 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: snoc, so you want Valt to be the hero of Cho-Z?

No, I was pointing out Aiga's flaws.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:22 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: snoc, so you want Valt to be the hero of Cho-Z?

No, I was pointing out Aiga's flaws.
I’m talking about the post that you tagged me in. Also, can you post in one thread?
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)snoc Wrote: CheetoBlader
1.no , Valt being more present would be cool, however Aiga in that moment having a little subplot would've helped his character, Valt would just have more added on to his.
2.Turbo brought in a lot of new bladers, which were drawn to Aiga due too his "cool factor"
3.I'm not saying having a cool avatar is bad, that's just another reason why people would like Aiga
4.My bad, however just beating SHu in general would be a huge feat. They just treat it like, oh yeah I beat him so I'm strong now!
5.No, why would I I'm also a kid lol. but lots wouldn't really look into it, I do because I noticed early on
But it’s Shu. People are obsessed with him, and I can’t blame them. He had amazing character development in God.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:27 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)snoc Wrote: No, I was pointing out Aiga's flaws.
I’m talking about the post that you tagged me in. Also, can you post in one thread?

I just said Valt and Valkyrie breaking Achilles would hold more overall value. And no, i cannot. That would break law 1321442e23423et2354235: All epic gamers must space out there messages as much as possible
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:30 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:26 PM)snoc Wrote: CheetoBlader
But it’s Shu. People are obsessed with him, and I can’t blame them. He had amazing character development in God.

yeah, I know its shu. What I'm saying is beating Shu should have held more value imo.

Ok let me put this is simple terms:
Aiga had development. It was just done really badly and barely improved his character. And his character before was and still is not well written.

(and putting it in simple terms isn't saying you're dumb so you won't understand it not being simple, I just wanted to simplify it)
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:30 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:27 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m talking about the post that you tagged me in. Also, can you post in one thread?

I just said Valt and Valkyrie breaking Achilles would hold more overall value. And no, i cannot. That would break law 1321442e23423et2354235: All epic gamers must space out there messages as much as possible

No, it wouldn’t. If they went the more valuable way doing that, which would be Valt being sad that he broke a Bey and so on, which would make him more important than Aiga, the main character.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:32 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:30 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: But it’s Shu. People are obsessed with him, and I can’t blame them. He had amazing character development in God.

yeah, I know its shu. What I'm saying is beating Shu should have held more value imo.

Aiga had development. It was just done really badly and barely improved his character. And his character before was and still is not well written.

(and putting it in simple terms isn't saying you're dumb so you won't understand it not being simple, I just wanted to simplify it)

No, it really wouldn’t have. If anything, it would Generate (pun intended) more hate on Aiga.

Aiga had great development, and improved his character. Now if you replaced Aiga with Valt in your statement, it would be true. Also, I know I’m not stupid.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:30 PM)snoc Wrote: I just said Valt and Valkyrie breaking Achilles would hold more overall value. And no, i cannot. That would break law 1321442e23423et2354235: All epic gamers must space out there messages as much as possible

No, it wouldn’t. If they went the more valuable way doing that, which would be Valt being sad that he broke a Bey and so on, which would make him more important than Aiga, the main character.

Phi breaking Achilles is worse (in my opinion of course) cause he's a bad guy, of course he'll bad things. However Valt breaking Achilles and telling Aiga to get his sh*t together tells the viewer that using Dark Resonance is bad, and Aiga needs to change. Valt has no reason to be sad in that moment, Aiga deserved it. He was pushing his bey way too far and getting away with it, Valt stopped him.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:39 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:34 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: No, it wouldn’t. If they went the more valuable way doing that, which would be Valt being sad that he broke a Bey and so on, which would make him more important than Aiga, the main character.

Phi breaking Achilles is worse (in my opinion of course) cause he's a bad guy, of course he'll bad things. However Valt breaking Achilles and telling Aiga to get his sh*t together tells the viewer that using Dark Resonance is bad, and Aiga needs to change. Valt has no reason to be sad in that moment, Aiga deserved it. He was pushing his bey way too far and getting away with it, Valt stopped him.

Phi doing it established a great reason for Aiga to get back at him and beat him. Valt doing it and not feeling slightly bad would be totally out of character, and be out of no where.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:32 PM)snoc Wrote: yeah, I know its shu. What I'm saying is beating Shu should have held more value imo.

No, it really wouldn’t have. If anything, it would Generate (pun intended) more hate on Aiga.

Aiga had great development, and improved his character. Now if you replaced Aiga with Valt in your statement, it would be true. Also, I know I’m not stupid.

1. Yes Aiga's character improved, but when you look at GT Aiga and Cho-Z Aiga not much has changed. When GT Aiga loses he gets mad and his hair goes up, activating his resonance with Achilles. Luckily Achilles can take it now. If not Aiga would just be using dark resonance again, however he wouldn't either way cause of plot.
2. I just said why I put it into simpler terms
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:43 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:37 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: No, it really wouldn’t have. If anything, it would Generate (pun intended) more hate on Aiga.

1. Yes Aiga's character improved, but when you look at GT Aiga and Cho-Z Aiga not much has changed. When GT Aiga loses he gets mad and his hair goes up, activating his resonance with Achilles. Luckily Achilles can take it now. If not Aiga would just be using dark resonance again, however he wouldn't either way cause of plot.

Aiga is more humble now.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:39 PM)snoc Wrote: Phi breaking Achilles is worse (in my opinion of course) cause he's a bad guy, of course he'll bad things. However Valt breaking Achilles and telling Aiga to get his sh*t together tells the viewer that using Dark Resonance is bad, and Aiga needs to change. Valt has no reason to be sad in that moment, Aiga deserved it. He was pushing his bey way too far and getting away with it, Valt stopped him.

Phi doing it established a great reason for Aiga to get back at him and beat him. Valt doing it and not feeling slightly bad would be totally out of character, and be out of no where.

Valt did it for a reason, and the reason was justified. Valt didn't have to feel bad,  That would make Aiga realize what he was doing was wrong and help Aiga in the long run. Phi doing it is more "grrr I have to be stronger to get back at him" and Aiga also realizes that he was being bad.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:43 PM)snoc Wrote: 1. Yes Aiga's character improved, but when you look at GT Aiga and Cho-Z Aiga not much has changed. When GT Aiga loses he gets mad and his hair goes up, activating his resonance with Achilles. Luckily Achilles can take it now. If not Aiga would just be using dark resonance again, however he wouldn't either way cause of plot.

Aiga is more humble now.

does not change what he did.
Why are there two posts remove one
(Apr. 27, 2020  11:13 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Why are there two posts remove one

oh, didn't notice. WBO must have  glitched. thx
I think I’m the anime they should’ve kept it like the manga and had valt do it. 1. Seems pretty bada** to have valt come back and wreck aigas blade after Aiga did that to him. I would’ve done that too. 2. It would show the viewer an aspect of karma in Beyblade. 3. Having valt do it would show a different side of his character, and not to mess with him. 4. Phi doing it doesn’t feel different than how he has done it with other blades as phi always does it
snoc Just a heads up, I'm real tired of cleaning up duplicate threads. Posting the same thread three times and having different conversations in two of them? I merged them together, but gods, that's just a mess.

If you can't figure out the art of posting a thread one time instead of three, I'm going to ask you to stop posting threads period. It's a lot of cleanup for me and it's very annoying to deal with. And Spammy. Even if you didn't intend it. Please be careful next time!
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:46 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:46 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Aiga is more humble now.

does not change what he did.
What Aiga did wasn’t bad, I already explained that.