SlingShock Format Idea

Awhile ago, Dash Driver asked if I could test this format for them at one of my tournaments. (Btw has anyone seen 'em?) I dug up the thread and from what I read, the rules seem to be:

» Best of three rounds.
» One out of the three rounds must be played in SlingShock mode.
» Only SlingShock Layers.
» Only SlingShock drivers.
» Turbo Spryzen and Turbo Achilles are banned. (As well as possibly Archer Hercules.)
» Only the SlingShock red and gray stadium can be used.

Any thoughts or critique? I don't own a lot of Hasbro beyblades so any help with testing would be appreciated!
You are aware of the fact that it would be painfully boring and the slingshock round could be exploited.

Salamander S4.Outer.Et-S
Eternal-S doesn't stay in slingshock mode so it would have an advantage because it could be launched in slingshock mode and switch to battle ring mode when it hits the stadium floor.

There are quite a few things that could be exploited and if you dealt with that via bans you would just be making an already small part pool even smaller.

Plus couldn't you use any layer from the slingshock line?
You could use the Garuda G4 recolor or Morgana M4
You were very vauge with what you could do.

With these vauge rules you could use Garuda G4.00B.Et-S and completely take advantage of the format
MWF

Just to clarify, I did not create these rules.

I don't think it would necessarily be boring, if someone could come up with some interesting combos it could be fun, especially since you can take advantage of the rails.
I was not aware of the Et-S situation, but honestly, this is one of the rules I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I don't really believe we'd need to ban too much, considering this is just a free-play format as of right now. 
As for this last part, I didn't really see anything in the old thread to clarify. But I would assume it means only layers that have debuted in the SlingShock line. I wouldn't be opposed to allowing dual layers however.
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:38 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Just to clarify, I did not create these rules.

I don't think it would necessarily be boring, if someone could come up with some interesting combos it could be fun, especially since you can take advantage of the rails.
I was not aware of the Et-S situation, but honestly, this is one of the rules I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I don't really believe we'd need to ban too much, considering this is just a free-play format as of right now. 
As for this last part, I didn't really see anything in the old thread to clarify. But I would assume it means only layers that have debuted in the SlingShock line. I wouldn't be opposed to allowing dual layers however.

Dash Driver hasn't logged on in 2 months, and you're the one posting a thread about the format. You're the one who's posted a thread about this idea, so it's effectively yours now. Be prepared to answer questions and criticism about them, or don't bother posting a thread at all.
(Jan. 29, 2020  6:54 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2020  5:38 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: Just to clarify, I did not create these rules.

Dash Driver hasn't logged on in 2 months, and you're the one posting a thread about the format. You're the one who's posted a thread about this idea, so it's effectively yours now. Be prepared to answer questions and criticism about them, or don't bother posting a thread at all.

Well of course I understand that this is essentially my format now. I was simply attempting to explain that the current ruleset wasn't created by me nor do I 100% agree with it.
I find the idea of a Slingshock format interesting. Some time ago I did excessive Slingshock testing which took me some days but did not get any notice Wink

Eternal-S must be banned in this format. I can confirm that it only stays in SS mode when the bey is launched 1 inch above the ground. If it stays in SS mode, it loses 9 out of 10 battles cause of terrible stamina.

The rules of Dash Driver are okay in my opinion. Hercules ban is ok. Phoenix P4 is very good in both modes but in SS mode Kraken is slightly better.
@Me-has-Bro

If we do keep the "SlingShock Mode must be used once" then Et-S is definitely not looking good. Otherwise, I don't know exactly how good it is. I guess it really comes down to the "SlingShock Mode must be used once" rule and if we should keep it.
I dont think turbo achilles should be banned personally. Spryzen I get but hasbro achilles I feel is no where near as strong. Hercules maybe but I feel like it's got a counter at this point