[Simsbury, CT] [01/25/2014] Year of the Bey

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Year of the Bey
Venue: Valley Lodge 36, 991 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, Connecticut
Date: Saturday, January 25th, 2014
Time: 1pm - 5pm - Registration will be open from 1pm - 1:30pm
Format 1: Zero-G Format, Block Round Robin
Format 2: Limited Format, Round Robin
Fees: $5 entry for each format you wish to participate in. Free for Passport holders.

[Image: ValleyLodge.png]

If you are under 16, it is mandatory for a parent to stay with you at this event! I cannot stress this enough. You will not be allowed to play otherwise. You must also have a ride available to you at all times in case they event ends early.

Let's make this the Year of the Bey! The holidays will be over, so will break for those in school. Time to unwind...or wind up and LET IT RIP! Year of the Bey will kick off a whole new direction for CT Beyblade, hopefully with monthly events.

I'll also be running a 2nd, Limited format tournament at this event. Time to put this new format through it's paces. This event will run AFTER the Zero-G if there's time left over at the hall.

There will be no snacks for sale this time around. Please bring your own.

Also, don't forget to add yourself to the BeyMap! CT needs representation! Please don't put your full address. Just city/state.

Additional Event Guidelines
  • No one under the age of 16 may judge a tournament battle. This is for liability reasons.
  • Tournament details may be changed/removed without notice.
  • By attending a CT Beyblade event, you grant us the right to take photos/video and use them for promotional materials. Special consideration will be given if brought to my attention ahead of time.
  • A Judge's calls are final. Please do not argue or carry on about a call you disagree with.
  • We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
  • Do not touch the laptop used for scoring. You will find out your ranking at the end of the tournament.
  • There is a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy for bullying. Any participant caught bullying another will be disqualified, and will be forced to forfeit the rest of their matches.
  • Tournaments begin promptly after registration. If you arrive after the first battle of the tournament takes place, you cannot be added into the brackets and compete.

Prizes Zero-G:
Gold/Silver/Bronze WBBA G2 Champion Beyblades

Prizes Limited:
None (except glory)

Confirmed Zero-G:
Naijalak
akalajian
Bubblegum Bey
Leone19
rockdragon
emporerblaser
blazergirl
XtraCorruption
bladerblock
nohzone
ElementChris
beyripperCT
hotrodalex
joyce
adama
CharlieBey

Unconfirmed Zero-G:
Bullchamp+
Haspro
Bahamdia Master

Confirmed Limited:
Naijalak
akalajian
Leone19
emporerblaser
blazergirl
hotrodalex
joyce
adama

Unconfirmed Limited:
Bullchamp+
Haspro

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Confirm me, for both formats.

Bullchamp, his brother and friends, as well as Haspro are all possible. (Both Formats) Grin
I am possible for both formats
Im in both tournaments I will win with my bahamut dragooon sa gf
I'll confirm you for the tournaments.

Also, probably not a good, or safe, idea to solicit battles outside of a tournament unless you know people personally.
Im in both by the way I am emporerblaser sister
Excellent! See you there!
Can the next tournament be tag team
(Dec. 22, 2013  10:02 PM)emporerblaser Wrote: Can the next tournament be tag team

It is unfortunately not a format we support at the moment, however stay on the World Beyblade Organization in the next year and it might be implanted sooner or later, as it was definitely part of our plans.
Prizes have been updated!
Oh my god, those prizes must be amazing! Which ones are they?
Booyakasha!

Can't beat dimsum2u's prices on this kinda thing.
Blazergirl can't make it she lost her thief pheonic Unhappy

Blazergirl lost thief phoenic
It looks as though I won't be getting a 2nd Zero-G stadium in time for the tournament. Can someone bring one along so we can have to battles going at once?
(Jan. 06, 2014  9:20 PM)Naijalak Wrote: It looks as though I won't be getting a 2nd Zero-G stadium in time for the tournament. Can someone bring one along so we can have to battles going at once?

I'd see if I could bring mine. I can't make any promises, as its currently buried under my sister's college stuff (boxes, bins, sheets, pretty much anything imaginable, haha), which can't/won't be moved until she goes back, which I think is either the Sunday before or after the event.

If we did only have one stadium, would be do Swiss or something? Tongue_out
Yeah, in that case I'll go back to Swiss, and switch to Block Round once I can get another stadium.
(Dec. 25, 2013  4:40 PM)Naijalak Wrote: Booyakasha!

Can't beat dimsum2u's prices on this kinda thing.
Whaaaaaaaaaaat. Those are amazing prizes! I wish I would be able to make it Smile
Excellent.

Also, I will not have snacks available for sale this time. Unfortunately it was taken advantage of at the last tournament with a few people not paying for what they took.
What does limited format mean? Im definatly in for zero-g

Nvm I read the link, me and bladerblock will participate in just zero-g srry, no limited for us. Not because we dont like the limited idea, its just thats we have been buying more than enough new parts that we want to test.
No prob! I'll get you in for Zero-G.
I am six years old and want to come to the event with my parents. I don't know if I should compete-- do you think there will be other kids my age? Can I just come and watch? I love beyblades!!!
(Jan. 11, 2014  9:53 PM)beyripperCT Wrote: I am six years old and want to come to the event with my parents. I don't know if I should compete-- do you think there will be other kids my age? Can I just come and watch? I love beyblades!!!

Yeah, there will be a good amount of young kids there, judging by previous CT turnouts.

Either way, its a very friendly and welcoming environment- even if you play older kids, no one is mean, haha.

No point in not playing, really. Tongue_out
We have a great age range that attend. My 6-year-old daughter plays, so that's something!

Generally ages range from 6-17, and then there's me. I usually compete Smile

Come on down and give it a shot! I'm sure you'll have a great time.