[Silver Spring, MD] 7/22/12 - The Triple Threat

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Triple Threat

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for our July tournament being held in the Mid-Atlantic's favorite Beyblade venue, Martin Luther King Jr. Park - on Sunday, July 22 in Silver Spring, MD.

You might have been to a Monthly MFB tournament, you may have even attended the Dual Duel, but you've never been to anything like The Triple Threat! As you've probably guessed by now, The Triple Threat will consist of 3 Beyblade tournaments: MFB, HMS, and Plastics!

In addition to having Zero-G products for sale I will also have a limited selection of brand new HMS and Plastics for sale for those who are interested in playing in the 2 older formats. Prices for the older beys are a bit more due to rarity, but will run between $25-40. PM me for more details.

Location: Map of MLK Park The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the satellite view of the map above for the actual location of the tournament which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts)

HMS and Plastics Remembrance Day Tournaments
Registration: 10:00am - 10:30am Seriously, show up on time please!
Start time: 10:30am
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
HMS and Plastics Stadium: Tornado Attack
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
HMS Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png], Place Faces and Credits
Plastics Prizes: Face Booster MAROON [Image: FaceBoosterMAROON.png], Face Booster FLAXEN [Image: FaceBoosterFLAXEN.png], or Face Booster CELESTE [Image: FaceBoosterCELESTE.png], Place Faces and Credits

Remember! All participants in the HMS tournament and the Plastics tournament will receive 2 extra Credits as well as a Face Booster ADVANCE [Image: FaceBoosterIconADVANCEv3.png] for each tournament! Enter both tournaments and you get a minimum of 6 Credits and 2 Face Booster ADVANCEs!

MFB Tournament
Registration: 11:30am - Noon-thirty Seriously, show up on time please!
Start time: 1:00pm
Format: TBD depending on number of bladers
MFB Stadium: BB-10 Attack
Surface: Grass!
Fees: Standard WBO fees ($5 entry fee or free with a Blader Passport)
MFB Prizes: Zero-G beys and gear (TBD)

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it - and for which tournament or tournaments you are confirmed!

MFB:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Tech
  4. Ginga Blader#1
  5. Clue
  6. TheGreatFico
  7. beymaster15963
  8. aj_the_elite
  9. Sovereign
  10. tysonist
  11. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  12. geetster99
  13. Fusion Blader
  14. Rip Blader 3
  15. Katsuya
  16. blader 1 kison
  17. J o nâ„¢
  18. theUNDERBLADER
  19. Beymysterio
  20. night wing 247
  21. BeyDestroyer21
  22. Like A Boss
  23. flamevirgo4141
  24. Signa Prodigy
  25. Bigbang4ever
  26. Rockleone500
  27. unicorno999
  28. Jackcol9
  29. legendblader01

HMS:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Sovereign
  4. tysonist
  5. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  6. geetster99
  7. Tech
  8. Ginga Blader#1
  9. TheGreatFico
  10. Signa Prodigy
  11. Clue

Plastics:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. beymaster15963
  4. aj_the_elite
  5. Sovereign
  6. tysonist
  7. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  8. geetster99
  9. Ginga Blader#1
  10. TheGreatFico
  11. Tech
  12. Signa Prodigy
  13. Jackcol9
  14. Clue

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Free, from where? I have not been informed of this.

Off topic...
flamevirgo plz dont quote large post

@Aru when will the hms and plastics tournaments start
Can u please register me online i think ill be late i live in nj
pleeeeeaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeee i want to participate sooo bad but ill probably be late!
i only have mfb beyblades
(Jul. 20, 2012  3:02 AM)geetster99 Wrote: @Aru when will the hms and plastics tournaments start

Arupaeo Wrote:The regular tournament will start at the regular time, and if you want to participate in the Plastics and HMS tournament we will be starting around 10:30-11:00am. (There are extra Credits and Face Booster contests for people who participate, by the way...)
i can come but im coming with the underblader so plz if its posible can u register us we r definetly coming but we might be late
do u have to have a wbo account to participate my cousin is visiting and he wants to participate but he dosent have a wbo account
(Jul. 20, 2012  4:03 PM)theUNDERBLADER Wrote: do u have to have a wbo account to participate my cousin is visiting and he wants to participate but he dosent have a wbo account

Yes you have to have an account to participate in WBO Tournaments

yes but arupeao can make him one there at the tournament
It's more convenient for him to make one now, if possible. It saves time and trouble for the hosts. Please make one now for him, if you can.
cant wait for the tournament i got some new beys:\
Tournament Update

Alright! 2 days to go before HMS & Plastic Remembrance Day and The Triple Threat! The weather for Sunday looks fine for now (small chance of rain) so plan on bringing your sun screen!

I have updated the OP to reflect the start time for the HMS and Plastics tournaments (10:30am is the desired start time) as well as the adds and subtracts from everyone's posts. The HMS list is looking a little tight, so I may be calling on some of you Plastics Bladers to step up with a borrowed bey if we don't make the minimum of 8. You get the extra Credits and Face booster, so it's totally worth it anyway! Smile

I also wanted to give a shout out to 2 of our favorite visiting Bladers who are confirmed to come:
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) has been ripping it up down in central Virginia and North Carolina, and he's back to test his mettle against the Maryland crowd! Angry (as he is known to his friends) is only 5 points behind me in the BeyRank, so watch out for this one!

• As if having one top-tier Blader visit isn't enough, Like A Boss is making his return to Silver Spring after having finished 2nd in the Hasbro US National Championships! Can you believe it? We're excited to see him back in town, and can't wait to get the battles rolling!

See you Sunday!
This Tournament will be quite tough Joyful_2 For fianlly I have to fight you again Angry and Like a boss not to mention all of the heart attack MD Bladers how will I prevail and not faint out of nervousness. And I hate to say it but my plastics are partially used in a sense orf slight worness not sure if their leagl after looking at them once more so I will be a maybe to see if my beys are legal or not, however if someone would lend me a plastic I could compete and if my beys are legal I would be happy to lend one of them. And I think someone mentioned spare HMS? If they are some spares I could borrow one and compete in that tournament as well. I'm glad I was preparing combos in the beggining of July I am gonna need to really power to get though this tournament.
i am coming to the mfb one but i want to try the plastics problem is i don't have any plastics or hms -_____-
There will be parts to borrow! Just come in time to register!
well im not goin but if someone could record and post it to my channel the "thegaps619" that would be great or tag me in it.
I will be at the mfb tournament
Put me and Rockleone500 on the confirmed list for mfb.
Is there a tournament in August? If so when and wheres the location?
August 11/12, (I forget which, I know it's that weekend) same place.
Ok, thanks! Im from Chesapeake, VA but my aunt lives in Woodbridge, VA which is a little closer. So im gonna see if I can stay with her and go to the tournament. I noticed you guys pretty much always have 20+ people to im pretty hyped!Tongue_out
angry comin? ughhh im gonna lose -.-
Don't say that! Anybody can still win or lose, regardless of how high or low their Beyrank. Tongue_out
Just enjoy yourself!
I cant go have to prep for Otakon 2012
[Huge quote removed.]

I will be attandening the plastic.
*MFB