Silver Spring, MD [3/19/2016] Bursting Back Outside

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: Slide1_zpsxshytofp.jpg]
Hey Maryland Bladers, spring is in the air, so are you ready to return to playing outside? I know I’ve missed the fresh air at our last couple of tournaments!
Note: There is an off-chance I will not be able to attend this tournament, in which case it will still happen just with Stars running everything!
When:
3/19/2016

MLK Park (The closest address to put in your GPS is 1098 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904, but be sure to look at the map for the actual location of the tournament
which will be beside the pavilion (just above the basketball courts))

11:30-noon
Tournaments:
Limited noon-2:30
Battle Royale 2:30-3:00
Burst 3:00-4:30

Fees:

$5 to participate per official WBO tournament or
$15 for a blader passport that covers the cost of all your tournaments for the year
Blader Passport Holder Exclusive: $2 fee for Battle Royale (not WBO official)

DO NOT COME WITHOUT MONEY! While we all love the WBO none of us have the free cash to cover the cost for everyone to play! Also, I will have a substantial amount of Bakuten Shoot, Burst and MFB blades and gear available for purchase! So if you want to get competitive in Burst or refresh your arsenal in either of the previous two generations (including rare plastics/HMS, Takara Orange F230, Zero-G Attack Stadiums and mint Wyvangs) bring some money (I am able to take credit cards!)

Formats
Limited: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...Q-A-Thread

Burst: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-Pr...hts-Thread

Battle Royale: Inspired by the classic Beyblade G-revolution episode, all bladers launch at once and compete against everyone! First blader to win 3 rounds win! Switch your beys as often or as little as you want! I'll be bringing a special extra large stadium just for this! Included as a part of the additional $2 participation fee!

Prizes

Limited
Order of placing selection: L Drago Guardian S130 MB, Wing Pegasus 90 WF, Poison Escolpio 135MS

Burst
1st Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + gold face
2nd Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + silver face
3rd Random Booster 1 Opened Beyblade + blader rewards credits + bronze face

Rumble Royale
1st Beyblade from Plastics Grab Bag

Participants
Time
*Ginga*
Stars
geetster99
OnTheDL
lawesomeness
Beycrafter
Sniper

Maybe
Tech

Would love to see you guys!
@[Tech] @[Stars] @[Sniper] @[BillyBlast] @[Hov] @[*Ginga*] @[LikeABoss921] @[Fist] @[lawesomeness] @[OnTheDL] @[Coolblader#1] @[Super%Sayian] @[Greninja Master] @[Itachi] @[geetster99] @[Shirayuki] @[Yamislayer] @[beymaster15963] @[Wizard] @[Bazewklez] @[DrPepsidew] @[Pruebame] @[Kaboom!!!] @[Angry Face] @[Havoc] @[Cool Blader] @[dylanslegos] @[kilgore] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Dark_Mousy] @[[)ragon] @[Thunder Dome] @[Wombat] @[Axel Phantom] @[FLASH SGTO] @[razorrider7] @[BladerLight] @[G-SHOCK] @[Eipman] @[Fisto227] @[FangLeone130WB] @[BladerXYZ] @[TrollingBlader] @[MattF0rce] @[TheGrimRipper13] @[Arupaeo] @[ZachBob] @[RagerBlade]
@[~Thunder~] @[~Eclipse~] @[Magic] @[RioluOmega] @[Team Meteor] @[Spin-Sonic] @[Joshil]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I say, count me in!
Maybe.
Sure why not haha
I would love to show up as I am in the area, but this is the weekend where I'm playing in a basketball tournament. Count me as a maybe, because if I lose early one, I'll probably be able to come.
Count me in
Hey, thanks for texting me about this one and keeping me updated. Unfortunately I'm on a very tight budget right now until the end of June when I'll be moving to Tokyo. So at least at this point in time, attending a Maryland event doesn't seem like a possibility for me (I'm on the other side of the state and also trying not to use too much gas). I guess you don't need to keep me updated on these anymore.
Tops!!
I'm also a maybe. Quick question, is there still going to be a tournament on the 26th? I might have a better chance to make it to that one.
You can put me as a maybe for this one, it all depends on if I'm able to convince my mom to take me 4 hours to Silver Spring...
I doubt it
maybe
Turns out that my dad had a busy week and might not be willing to take me to this event. So, might not make it...
There's a 90% chance of rain and it's supposed to be really cold is this still on?
Well, I got news on why my dad doesn't want to drive me to this event. Apparently, my mom is having a baby. Soon, there will be four of us children.
Tournament is most certainly still on! In case of rain, we'll be playing under the pavilion! @[BeyCrafter] While that's big, awesome news for your family unless you're mom is due this weekend I'm kind of missing why that would prevent you from coming to the tournament!
My dad had a crazy week, what with work and this, he doesn't feel like driving.
Despite some crazy weather Maryland bladers along with New York, Delaware, and North Carolina did burst their way back outside! Great to see Sniper, TheGrimRipper13, and TheBeyNinja again and to meet ZachBob and stormscorpio1 as well! Considering the weather, 12 bladers was quite a good turnout! I definitely felt rusty considering I had my first non-placing day in burst and didn't place in limited for the first time in almost two years, but on to the results!

Burst
1st lawesomeness
2nd *Ginga*
3rd ZachBob

Limited
1st Sniper
2nd *Ginga*
3rd ZachBob

Major props to @[TheGrimRipper13] and @[TheBeyNinja] for sticking it out with some of the most competitive players in the world! Looking forward to seeing you at more tournaments in the future!

Fees are accounted for, winning combinations have been posted, and spreadsheets are linked below:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
This event was fantastic! @[Time], You were an awesome host, thanks a ton! It was really great to meet the MD crew, I Love you guys! I'll be back again, soon as I feel like driving for 16 hrs (seriously it was worth it though).

Also, I just realized that this event was on the day of my 1 yr WBO Anniversary <3 and marks my 13th tournament :p
it was chilly..
Everything has been processed from these two tournaments, except the Burst event Beypoints of course. I did have to re-process some results since there was a spelling mistake apparently, so hopefully everything is fine.