Should we consider the LUCK factor in bey matches?

Poll: Do you believe in luck?

Yes
71.25%
No
28.75%
Total: 100% 80 vote(s)
Yes i do think luck plays a very imp role in beyblades....There are many top tier beyblades...but it need not win everymatch...now that is determined by luck....hence there is a probability of both beys winning...but the probability would be a little high for top tier beys...so there is still a small probability left for the other bey 2 win...
Just think about this : when we conduct tests, we need at least ten battles to make a good percentage. However, if a combination got seventy percent against another customization, what will happen in a "best-out-of-five" like we usually do in tournaments ? The three battles that the first combination lost in tests could be the ones that actually happen at a tournament.
Yamislayer: I mean that ''if your a jinx then skill might be more important because you have no luck so its better to use your skill for you and if your a lucky person then luck would be useful for you, why? Luck does beat skill a few times or most times and a bey battle depends on the user whether he is more skilled focused or luck depended so luck is involved in bey battles too'' thats what I mean't.
Well then, Kai V's post actually makes it clear, that how much luck can do
(May. 03, 2011  3:27 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: also, with double elimination systems we managed to eliminate this fact.
I assume you mean that with the double elimination system, you've managed to lessen the luck factor. Unless you've done the impossible and completely wiped the luck factor out of beybattles XD
Just think if the world was dumb enough to decide a tie breaker by a coin toss. That's when the luck factor will really count!
Well, Luck is surely a factor beyblade but not a major one.....Imagine two Basalt 230's, both are in the same conditions, both are knocked off balance, this is where luck will come in....If you have good luck, you will outspin the opponent by some seconds and if not, it's the other way around..
Has anyone ever argued that luck wasn't a factor?
I think the reason why no one has is that whether we like it or not, luck always comes into play. I can relate to my battles with this one Pokémon my friend uses. Luck is always present, like how it just happened to whack your bey in such a way to make your bey go flying out, even though it shouldn't have. There's nothing we can do to prevent luck from being a factor.
I wouldn't call it luck. I would call it the Unknown Variable. Slight tlt of your wrist. The position where the bey lands. The small power difference in each launch. Current tilt of the earth's axis. The speed of the wind. Little specks of dust on the stadium. All of these little things account for "Luck".

It's not so much luck as a bunch of little variables. But yes, it does play a Major part actually. This is how I beat Top tier beys with completely carp beys.
I think luck is a factor to consider. You could have a lucky launch or perhaps a lucky recoil hit. A lot of skill could actually be luck (but not my skill, my skill is the real thing). But once your beyblade is in the stadium, a while after the launch, it depends all on luck and tier.
I think that luck counts because even if you launch an attack type bey with a successful sliding shot, it doesn't mean that our bey will necessarily hit the other bey. Same thing for stamina vs attack. Stamina can win but the winning percentage is lower. you can still win because the attack missed. also i guess that if you were challenged by a a bey pro, the winning percentage won't be the same. We can sort of choose as a luck or bad luck.
(May. 04, 2011  3:00 AM)RowDog Wrote: A lot of skill could actually be luck
Please elaborate...that seems like a completely contradictory sentence.
Having luck battles is good but luck may not always be with you. It is not really a reliable factor in winning bey battles. People cant always depend on luck. Having a good foundation in battle like well thought of customization, awesome shooting skills, and a burning spirit can give a bigger chance of winning but who knows? Luck may be at your side during a competition.
There's no such thing as luck. Everything is decided by the laws of physics; the strength of the launch, the angle, the contact points, the condition of parts, the surface of the stadium, and even to some extent the air temperature. Luck does not exist, the laws of physics explains it all.
(May. 04, 2011  5:40 AM)Hero Wrote: There's no such thing as luck. Everything is decided by the laws of physics; the strength of the launch, the angle, the contact points, the condition of parts, the surface of the stadium, and even to some extent the air temperature. Luck does not exist, physics explains it all.

... There is luck involved in physics too ... It is not because you consider the factor that is luck that you neglect the fact that there are physics laws as well. I am sure Einstein and other great minds in physics agree with this.
(May. 04, 2011  5:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  5:40 AM)Hero Wrote: There's no such thing as luck. Everything is decided by the laws of physics; the strength of the launch, the angle, the contact points, the condition of parts, the surface of the stadium, and even to some extent the air temperature. Luck does not exist, physics explains it all.

... There is luck involved in physics too ... It is not because you consider the factor that is luck that you neglect the fact that there are physics laws as well. I am sure Einstein and other great minds in physics agree with this.

yup i totally agree with her....if an apple hadn't fallen on Einstein's head there would have been no laws of gravity anymore....
(May. 04, 2011  5:46 AM)dragoonrocks Wrote: yup i totally agree with her....if an apple hadn't fallen on Einstein's head there would have been no laws of gravity anymore....

What you say only proves my point even more. Why did that apple fall in the first place? Oh that's right, gravity. Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion. I believe we should stray away from this talk of physics, it is getting a bit off topic.
The story is that it fell on Newton's head, by the way ...
(May. 04, 2011  5:57 AM)Hero Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  5:46 AM)dragoonrocks Wrote: yup i totally agree with her....if an apple hadn't fallen on Einstein's head there would have been no laws of gravity anymore....

What you say only proves my point even more. Why did that apple fall in the first place? Oh that's right, gravity. Anyways, you are entitled to your opinion. I believe we should stray away from this talk of physics, it is getting a bit off topic.

i would have 2 slightly disagree with that....An apple does not tend 2 fall on sum1's head daily just bcoz of gravity...but it happened to Einstein somehow...now that is luck....>>>off topic...

Ya and i do stand with my opinion firmly...luck counts but not 2 an extreme extend...

EDIT :- Beaten
(May. 04, 2011  5:40 AM)Hero Wrote: There's no such thing as luck. Everything is decided by the laws of physics; the strength of the launch, the angle, the contact points, the condition of parts, the surface of the stadium, and even to some extent the air temperature. Luck does not exist, the laws of physics explains it all.
Human factor "creates" luck. Good would be an unintentional way that the bey is launched, yet you won. Obviously, the bad leads to a loss, lol.
(May. 04, 2011  6:01 AM)dragoonrocks Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  5:57 AM)Hero Wrote:

i would have 2 slightly disagree with that....An apple does not tend 2 fall on sum1's head daily just bcoz of gravity...but it happened to Einstein somehow...now that is luck....>>>off topic...

Ya and i do stand with my opinion firmly...luck counts but not 2 an extreme extend...

EDIT :- Beaten

Dude, it was Newton.
Well, what Hero said is correct, but there have been some things, that science can't explain. Luck is one factor in that list. Think of a sudden, lucky recoil attack by one of those combos you'll find in the Worst combos thread against Basalt tank.
As we know, when some incident happens that we doesn't know about that as wining lotteries or prizes when the the circumstances is completely against us then we think luck factor works here. But, if we see here with some attention we can detect this as a reason of luck factor that the timing and accuracy we choose about something that we don't know becomes the holly incident that we can't believe this is happened. The unknown events stood as a turning points of the moment when we think luck happens. Eventually, it is proved that there is nothing about luck factor works in real life but that is about correct timing and accuracy.
Just the best explanation. Do you work for wikipedia, or you copy pasted this?
No, Neither I work for wikipedia nor I copy pasted this.