Should we consider the LUCK factor in bey matches?

Poll: Do you believe in luck?

Yes
71.25%
No
28.75%
Total: 100% 80 vote(s)
There is no such thing as 'Luck', If you're depending on Luck, you'll probably lose. It's you who creates luck, Skill, Perseverance, Strength, Mindset, and a lot more factors together create "Luck." If you have shot with precise aim and an immaculate shot. If all is done carefully, and it's time you just sit back and watch who wins, and things seem tight, then and only then will you depend on luck.

Luck is this: When a Beyblade has really low RPM and is about to die out, then the other beyblade [With a good chance of winning] hits the one with low RPM, and the good beyblade goes flying out.

Anyway, my point is never depend on luck.
Luck does matter a lot in the battles...thats how my friend who was totally new to beyblading got 3rd rank in my demo tourney...he was using my BBP cuz he liked it and he defeated LLD with it very easily. I was unable to do the same even with sliding shot or Tornado stalling but he won it ...also I must say luck will play an important role because depending on u luck ur defensive bey can hit a wall even if hit hard by an attack type..isnt it?
luck happens alot for me like for ping pong my friend did a smash and i held out my bat and it went on the table and i got a point
(May. 05, 2011  7:31 AM)Electric Wrote: There is no such thing as 'Luck', If you're depending on Luck, you'll probably lose. It's you who creates luck, Skill, Perseverance, Strength, Mindset, and a lot more factors together create "Luck." If you have shot with precise aim and an immaculate shot. If all is done carefully, and it's time you just sit back and watch who wins, and things seem tight, then and only then will you depend on luck.

Luck is this: When a Beyblade has really low RPM and is about to die out, then the other beyblade [With a good chance of winning] hits the one with low RPM, and the good beyblade goes flying out.

Hah, you think people actually depend on luck? People can only depend either on skill, or tier. Luck is nothing to depend upon. It just happens. I know what I am gonna say is wrong, but I believe that if you are using a top tier attack against a top tier defense, and if your opponent's(who is really skillful) launch is not correct(he aimed towards the center, but it went towards the ridge and self KOed), I would call that luck too. Why? Coz I know the battle would've been a tough one. So, your expert opponent getting defeated within seconds by a rookie, because the expert didn't get it right at the wrong time, I'll call it luck.
BigBangDestroy that has nothing to do with beyblade but i do not think luck effects beyblade most of the time it is just how you launch but rarely something lucky happens eg when a defence type hits the stadium walls and reflects back and ko's the other bey

sorry janstarblast i edited my post
No offense, Rusty, but how is my point not related to Beyblade?
(May. 04, 2011  5:07 AM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 04, 2011  3:00 AM)RowDog Wrote: A lot of skill could actually be luck
Please elaborate...that seems like a completely contradictory sentence.
What someone says is skill because they ripped their bey into another persons bey & sent his opponents bey flying out & claims that "it was a skilled shot" could have not been planned at all & just a lucky rip.
In tournaments, I've seen luck in many forms outiside of the actual battle: players forgetting the rules and choosing their beyblade publicly by mistake, the selection of Beyblade (massive factor), the selection of spin direction.
(May. 05, 2011  9:36 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  7:31 AM)Electric Wrote: There is no such thing as 'Luck', If you're depending on Luck, you'll probably lose. It's you who creates luck, Skill, Perseverance, Strength, Mindset, and a lot more factors together create "Luck." If you have shot with precise aim and an immaculate shot. If all is done carefully, and it's time you just sit back and watch who wins, and things seem tight, then and only then will you depend on luck.

Hah, you think people actually depend on luck? People can only depend either on skill, or tier. Luck is nothing to depend upon. It just happens. I know what I am gonna say is wrong, but I believe that if you are using a top tier attack against a top tier defense, and if your opponent's(who is really skillful) launch is not correct(he aimed towards the center, but it went towards the ridge and self KOed), I would call that luck too. Why? Coz I know the battle would've been a tough one. So, your expert opponent getting defeated within seconds by a rookie, because the expert didn't get it right at the wrong time, I'll call it luck.
yes it is mostly skill but luck is in that skill like once i wasusing flame virgo 135es and my friend used galaxy pegasis and it got underneath and mine jumped on top of glalxy and it got knocked out of hasbro arena and we always have luck in battles.
So what we understand from this is that LUCK does play a part...although not a huge one..we can say almost 10%..but the rest is determined by skill and tiers...I dont say that we should be dependent on luck..luck is a thing which may help u win in a battle of equals
Um, I have never been to a tourney, so people are not allowed to choose a bey publicly? Hmmm... Well, I won't have problems as I have just one bey in total, LLD. No new beys for me unless I win some kinda prize....<<off topic.
OK, now I must even say that luck is involved before the match, during the match, and after the match. Referring to Bluezee here, so unlucky! Towards the end his bey broke, and he would've to rebattle.
(May. 05, 2011  9:44 AM)RowDog Wrote:
What someone says is skill because they ripped their bey into another persons bey & sent his opponents bey flying out & claims that "it was a skilled shot" could have not been planned at all & just a lucky rip.
Saying that makes it seem like you don't believe skill plays any part in beybattles. Which, makes no sense.
(May. 05, 2011  10:43 AM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  9:44 AM)RowDog Wrote:
Saying that makes it seem like you don't believe skill plays any part in beybattles. Which, makes no sense.

Skill does play a part, just half of what we think was skill was actually luck and the blader had no intention of ripping his bey into his opponents straight away. There are bladers who do have skill and try to do that but half the bladers got lucky with their launch.
Okay, and where do you get this 50/50 stat from? Do you know how to measure luck now?
(May. 05, 2011  10:53 AM)BeyFan Wrote: Okay, and where do you get this 50/50 stat from? Do you know how to measure luck now?
I have no idea what the actual fraction is, I am just saying the majority probably don't actually aim for their opponents bey & therefore lucky if they managed to hit the opponents bey out. I didn't mean to go for the 50/50 stat.
So, now instead of 50/50, you're saying the majority of it is luck?
yeah luck is not a main factor it's a bladers blading skills
Personally yes, I think the average blader Joe doesn't aim for their opponents bey especially light stamina bladers so if one were to hit their opponents bey and knock it out but not intending on doing that it is considered a lucky shot as far as I am concerned. I may be wrong perhaps more people do aim to hit the opponent straight off the launch I honestly don't care what percentage do aim. There are however those lucky shots which do pop up however. If you do aim for the opponent off the launch and succeed that is when skill comes into the mix, if not it was luck.
It is true that there are lucky launches. But, saying that is the majority, IMO, is plain wrong. But, I would say that a lot of the time, when it comes to unskillful bladers, it is more down to the combo then luck as to who would win.
(May. 05, 2011  12:34 PM)BeyFan Wrote: It is true that there are lucky launches. But, saying that is the majority, IMO, is plain wrong. But, I would say that a lot of the time, when it comes to unskillful bladers, it is more down to the combo then luck as to who would win.
But you need the lucky shot aswell. But perhaps a lot more do aim but I am the only blader I know in my area that actually does aim so that is just Perth. Plus the majority of bladers are all extremely young who don't know anything about the WBO, tier and anything else and just rip carelessly and therefore making up the majority, in my eyes. But you are entitled to your opinion.
(May. 05, 2011  12:38 PM)RowDog Wrote: Plus the majority of bladers are all extremely young who don't know anything about the WBO, tier and anything else and just rip carelessly and therefore making up the majority, in my eyes.
Yeah, but just because they are inexperienced, you can't simply paint them all with the same brush and say that they KO beys without the intent to do so. I would say that most young bladers would be aiming to KO a bey, simply because the cartoon can influence them.

But, saying that most of the wins inexperienced bladers get through KOs due to luck is wrong. But, you too are entitled to think that.
(May. 05, 2011  1:00 PM)BeyFan Wrote:
(May. 05, 2011  12:38 PM)RowDog Wrote: Plus the majority of bladers are all extremely young who don't know anything about the WBO, tier and anything else and just rip carelessly and therefore making up the majority, in my eyes.
Yeah, but just because they are inexperienced, you can't simply paint them all with the same brush and say that they KO beys without the intent to do so. I would say that most young bladers would be aiming to KO a bey, simply because the cartoon can influence them.

But, saying that most of the wins inexperienced bladers get through KOs due to luck is wrong. But, you too are entitled to think that.

Oh, how much do I agree with you! Well, the younger audience, IMO try to get an instant KO because:
Anime lovers are influenced by the anime, as you said.
Everyone just loves to boast about instant KOs. Isn't it?
Some intelligent guy would try to end the battle ASAP.
The latter, is very rare. Though, if WBO keeps on educating them like this, its not a surprise.
a beybattle has nothing to do with luck, what matter is the combo, the state of the bey and how fast you launch
(May. 05, 2011  6:38 PM)faissaloo Wrote: a beybattle has nothing to do with luck, what matter is the combo, the state of the bey and how fast you launch

Are you crazy?
Of course it has an effect on the battle. It is like wind- it canont be seen, but it affects the bey battle (even in the slightest movement of air could change a factor towards somehthing in mid battle)
Personally I have to agree with RowDog. I'll say this though, it is possible to find out how the battle will inevitably turn out. You could use a opwer launcher to measuring power, where you are launching, the air current, what the bey is, and a large multitude of other factors. Doing this is basically impossible, but it is achievable.
Luck actually has quite a crucial role, but it can be determined.

For example, sometimes I find with Hell/CS combos, it can be spinning in the centre of the stadium and another blade will just bounce off it and fly out of the stadium. It's to do with parts locking in mid-battle and then repelling, causing KOs.

However, with something smoother such as Basalt, there are few contacts for locking and a far greater weight, so less KOs by non-attack types.