Should the legal stadiums change as the size of Beyblades change?

Poll: Should the legal stadium size change to better adjust to the size of new Beys being released?

No, it's fine the way it is.
18.37%
Yes, it should be bigger.
30.61%
Yes, it should allow a larger variety of stadiums. (Official matches will have to be sorted by stadium unless a set of certain stadiums are declared)
51.02%
Total: 100% 49 vote(s)
In my experience with blading, I have gotten much better at controlling where I launch in the stadium, but even being able to launch more precisely, (and by more precisely, I mean not launching straight into the pockets,) there still doesn't seem like there is as much room for Beys from the Sparking and DB systems to battle it out fully. Personally, this hasn't been much of a problem, but I have noticed layers from Sparking like Awakened Tempest and Limit Break Burn take up around double the amount of space as the Single and Dual Layers did, and yet we still use the same stadiums. What are your thoughts on this, everyone?
I think they should because beys just keep getting bigger for example the sparking gen it was pretty easy to knock out since the stadiums haven't changed since the first-ever burst beys. (Well since sparking)
Wow, it seems like most of the people I've asked are in support of it, anyone have any objections to the idea?
What larger and generally available beystadiums are there? The Dash Stadium, sold with the Sparking Limit Break DX set, looks bigger at first glance, but the area inside the central ring is actually Much Smaller and there's no Tornado Ridge at all. Add to that, the pockets are entirely different, and they aren't evenly spaced. You probably couldn't have fair tournament matches in that.

Yes, the beys are getting bigger, but for the most part it seems like the beystadiums aren't. What official TT or Hasbro beystadiums are you referring to? If you mean the unofficial Hexagone stadium, well, that's probably not going to fly.
(May. 18, 2021  12:45 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: What larger and generally available beystadiums are there? The Dash Stadium, sold with the Sparking Limit Break DX set, looks bigger at first glance, but the area inside the central ring is actually Much Smaller and there's no Tornado Ridge at all. Add to that, the pockets are entirely different, and they aren't evenly spaced. You probably couldn't have fair tournament matches in that.

Yes, the beys are getting bigger, but for the most part it seems like the beystadiums aren't. What official TT or Hasbro beystadiums are you referring to? If you mean the unofficial Hexagone stadium, well, that's probably not going to fly.

Crab, did you forget about the DB Standard Stadium? I believe that’s what the people here are going for.

I personally would be interested in current stadiums first stage, then DB stadiums could be used for final stage, although optional to use them.
I don't read minds, I deal in facts. If the intent is to move WBO tournaments the DB stadium, for however long that's available, there will need to be actual testing on it. The middle ring is about the same size, if a bit deeper angled, and the space between the first and second ridges is no longer angled inward apparently. It has more room for larger beys to avoid wall hits, but one fewer pocket. There's enough significant design changes here that it would change a lot of how beys perform in it. Until enough people (including staff) have the DB stadium and have done enough testing in it, you shouldn't expect to be able to use it.

Where's the DB stadium testing and comparison thread?
(May. 18, 2021  1:50 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Where's the DB stadium testing and comparison thread?

Can you give some examples of what tests would be most helpful to show the comparison yall are looking for? What exactly do yall need to see from the DB stadium to determine whether to legalize it or not?
(May. 18, 2021  1:50 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I don't read minds, I deal in facts. If the intent is to move WBO tournaments the DB stadium, for however long that's available, there will need to be actual testing on it. The middle ring is about the same size, if a bit deeper angled, and the space between the first and second ridges is no longer angled inward apparently. It has more room for larger beys to avoid wall hits, but one fewer pocket. There's enough significant design changes here that it would change a lot of how beys perform in it. Until enough people (including staff) have the DB stadium and have done enough testing in it, you shouldn't expect to be able to use it.

Yeah, I definitely agree that the performance would differ, but I was thinking the Hasbro Pro Series stadium would be slightly larger (I may be wrong, please correct me if I'm mistaken) and more accessible to North American and global blading communities outside of Asia. I understand that usually only the Takara Tomy Beystadiums would be permitted competitively, but it seems like Hasbro tried to recreate the Beystadium Standard for North American audiences as shown through the round ring, pocket size, and absence of the central bump. The cost of the stadium in America would be cheaper than purchasing the Beystadium Standard and paying for international shipping, and it comes with Destroy', a pretty competitive tip, so the value of the whole set overall may be more convenient for people to obtain.
You take an average matchup you're liable to see in a tournament. You do 20 launches in a standard beystadium. You do 20 launches in a DB beystadium. The purpose is to see just how things change, if at all, for better or for worse.

And collectively, as a community, about 40 of those likely matchups need to be documented publicly.

So if you want this to happen, get yourself a standard beystadium and a DB beystadium, and start testing. Otherwise, be content with the standard beystadium in tournaments.

Feel free to start the testing with the Hasbro Pro beystadium instead, but you're still going to need that community testing.
(May. 18, 2021  4:03 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You take an average matchup you're liable to see in a tournament. You do 20 launches in a standard beystadium. You do 20 launches in a DB beystadium. The purpose is to see just how things change, if at all, for better or for worse.

And collectively, as a community, about 40 of those likely matchups need to be documented publicly.

So if you want this to happen, get yourself a standard beystadium and a DB beystadium, and start testing. Otherwise, be content with the standard beystadium in tournaments.

Feel free to start the testing with the Hasbro Pro beystadium instead, but you're still going to need that community testing.

Alright, thanks for clearing things up. If anyone is willing to do this testing, I'd definitely look into the results, but for now, I guess the Beystadium Standard works. The size difference doesn't seem like too much of a problem for now, but I would like to see how much things would change if they were to allow larger stadiums.
DeceasedCrab, a few friends of mine want to know if there are such things as unbranded stadiums. If there are, I would assume they're not legal, right?
Beystadiums that aren't TT and Hasbro exist. Don't bother testing them, they're very unlikely to be allowed for WBO tournaments.
(May. 18, 2021  4:24 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: DeceasedCrab, a few friends of mine want to know if there are such things as unbranded stadiums. If there are, I would assume they're not legal, right?

yes. i'm pretty sure that is says that everything must be official.
(May. 18, 2021  4:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Beystadiums that aren't TT and Hasbro exist. Don't bother testing them, they're very unlikely to be allowed for WBO tournaments.
Ok, thank you. I wasn't planning on testing any, I just need to be able to tell if a stadium is unbranded before buying.
(May. 18, 2021  4:03 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You take an average matchup you're liable to see in a tournament. You do 20 launches in a standard beystadium. You do 20 launches in a DB beystadium. The purpose is to see just how things change, if at all, for better or for worse.

This is still kind of vague. Things are definitely going to change and perform differently, so I still dont understand what yall are looking for. What do yall consider better? And worse?

My point is, it's going to be a different meta for the most part, so EVERYTHING is going to need to be tested to find the meta in any new stadium. Testing everything before legalization will take forever. Are yall wanting to figure out the meta of a stadium before yall legalize it? Or are yall wanting the current meta to stay the same, and will only legalize a new stadium if the current meta seamlessly transitions to the new stadium?
The point is to determine if there are any major side effects or problems with the new stadium before doing tournaments with them. The performance can change, that's fine, but if everything changes to an unreasonable degree (90% KOs for example) then you'd have problems.

If you aren't willing to do that testing, don't expect anyone else to do it for you.
If I recall Japan is actually moving towards using the DB stadiums as their primary stadium of choice over the normal standard type which is exciting as I likely see that as an opportunity to have it come into the WBO as one of the primary stadiums. However, the second ridge and only having two pockets might effect the possible exclusion out of the competitive scene in ten WBO. My dream stadium is just a B-09 that’s just an inch wider than the original variant, no ridge changes, no two pockets, just a bigger version of the one we already have
I haven't read all of the thread but from the posted topic I wouldn't say a larger stadium in general should take over, but I do think the DB stadium will be great to replace the standard stadium in competitive play. The older stadium is getting small I will admit. Beys are getting larger and there is much less room for error.

My main reasoning for the DB stadium is because of some testing I have done. I usually only test in the standard B-09/33 stadium for competitive focus but my sons and I had some creative test battles recently and I was really surprised at the results, (let me say this also, I did test out the sparking stadium and that stadium is trash haha and too aggressive with knockouts even though it is larger than current stadiums in my honest opinion lol).

Back to the topic the DB stadiums size and dual ridges change the META of what I have seen in the tournaments I've been to. Launch styles and placements will have to be changed. A Beyblade, if launched correctly, can literally stay on the outside ridge of the stadium the entire time and out spin his or her opponent. The bey doesnt have to ride the ridge the entire time, the 2nd ridge is flat enough that if the Bey stops on the ridge and doesnt drop to the stadium center then it will spin freely and still as if it was in the stadiums center. This takes some skill or luck of course.

In terms of Attack there are many more opportunites there as well. There are only 2 pockets as opposed to the current 3 for standard play but with the proper skill and launch you can definitely KO an opponent. You also have to learn correct placement so you don't KO yourself.

Learning new skills and launch styles isn't a bad thing to me. It's an innovation to the game. The DB stadium gets us out of complacency or consistency in what we once knew with the standard stadium and introduces a whole new aspect of Beyblade battles. One of the biggest impacts of the new stadium for me was going against Drift. Drift is OP and thats fine, I love the challenge, but the new stadium forces you to either have that skillful launch with Drift to be able to spin steal or have that skillful launch to avoid that Drift combo and ride the ridge. The surface area is fun and the possibilities seems endless as of right now. This also opens the door for more creativity with combos. It's true that Xtend+, Drift and Zone'+Z are kings of LAD but will that matter as much in the DB stadium or will they be the kings that they are against drivers that were once outclassed in the current standard stadium? IDK, I've seen Universe do some wild things Smile shout out to Sniper!

All in all a new stadium or the introduction of the DB stadium to competitive play will definitely help reinvent the game. Which I feel is a win win for old and new generation players.
I'm personally all for the new DB stadium so long as it's only for Sparking/DB systems, I personally feel the stadium is best for those layer systems, using it on older stuff(Manga-GT layers) like I have said before really won't work the beys are too small for the big stadium.

Similar to what stay cool has said I agree with the same idea that it's a new change but all for it, what I would say and what others have already said is we need to wait for tournament testings and other people to get their hands on the stadium before a final yes or no is given.

I'm on the side of yes but I am very curious about other people's thoughts on it.
Sounds like a Tornado staller's dream. Zephyr and similar tips would do very well on there, riding the flat ring.
Think another thing to point out is that the db stadium will nerf rage combos a bit because it will be harder to knock out. It might also resolve the issue with Drift. Because drift has a risk of self ko l ing if knocked from the center. So you have to launch slowly which becomes a disaster for same spin.
(May. 19, 2021  4:12 AM)DreamBlade Wrote: Think another thing to point out is that the db stadium will nerf rage combos a bit because it will be harder to knock out. It might also resolve the issue with Drift. Because drift has a risk of self ko l ing if knocked from the center. So you have to launch slowly which becomes a disaster for same spin.

But at the same time, the dimensions of the stadium have changed. It's no longer 50% pocket 50% wall, while I don't own the stadium myself I personally think it'd be harder to self-KO, especially with the second ridge and new design.
(May. 19, 2021  2:27 AM)StayCool Wrote: I haven't read all of the thread but from the posted topic I wouldn't say a larger stadium in general should take over, but I do think the DB stadium will be great to replace the standard stadium in competitive play. The older stadium is getting small I will admit. Beys are getting larger and there is much less room for error.

My main reasoning for the DB stadium is because of some testing I have done. I usually only test in the standard B-09/33 stadium for competitive focus but my sons and I had some creative test battles recently and I was really surprised at the results, (let me say this also, I did test out the sparking stadium and that stadium is trash haha and too aggressive with knockouts even though it is larger than current stadiums in my honest opinion lol).

Back to the topic the DB stadiums size and dual ridges change the META of what I have seen in the tournaments I've been to. Launch styles and placements will have to be changed. A Beyblade, if launched correctly, can literally stay on the outside ridge of the stadium the entire time and out spin his or her opponent. The bey doesnt have to ride the ridge the entire time, the 2nd ridge is flat enough that if the Bey stops on the ridge and doesnt drop to the stadium center then it will spin freely and still as if it was in the stadiums center. This takes some skill or luck of course.

In terms of Attack there are many more opportunites there as well. There are only 2 pockets as opposed to the current 3 for standard play but with the proper skill and launch you can definitely KO an opponent. You also have to learn correct placement so you don't KO yourself.

Learning new skills and launch styles isn't a bad thing to me. It's an innovation to the game. The DB stadium gets us out of complacency or consistency in what we once knew with the standard stadium and introduces a whole new aspect of Beyblade battles. One of the biggest impacts of the new stadium for me was going against Drift. Drift is OP and thats fine, I love the challenge, but the new stadium forces you to either have that skillful launch with Drift to be able to spin steal or have that skillful launch to avoid that Drift combo and ride the ridge. The surface area is fun and the possibilities seems endless as of right now. This also opens the door for more creativity with combos. It's true that Xtend+, Drift and Zone'+Z are kings of LAD but will that matter as much in the DB stadium or will they be the kings that they are against drivers that were once outclassed in the current standard stadium? IDK, I've seen Universe do some wild things Smile shout out to Sniper!

All in all a new stadium or the introduction of the DB stadium to competitive play will definitely help reinvent the game. Which I feel is a win win for old and new generation players.

Great points. I honestly would love to see an experimental tournament where we only use the DB stadium, so we can get a grasp on how it really makes a difference. I haven’t gotten it yet but I’d love an opportunity to not self KO half the time lol
A lot of the arguments against making the new official stadium is that it will change the meta. You can't consider that an argument though because, sometimes the meta changes and this is just one of those times. It makes Beyblade new and exciting for some people who are tired of it. While testing should be done, this would only be to make sure that things such as the easy ring-outs in the Dash stadium don't happen.
(May. 18, 2021  8:28 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If you aren't willing to do that testing, don't expect anyone else to do it for you.

I dont know if you meant it this way or not but this is kind of rude. I was literally trying to ask exactly what needs to be tested so that I and others CAN test. Never once did I suggest I wasn't willing to do the testing.  I just have limited time to devote to this amazing hobby, and I want that time to be focused and meaningful.

With that said, as others have mention, real tournament results are needed. They are going to tell more than personal testing ever could.

StayCool and originalzankye I absolutely agree with the points yall have made, and they go along with what I was trying to convey about the meta changing. I'm personally all for it.