Should WBO's layout be modified mith the current bey system

Poll: do u think we should have a new wbo layout

yes i would like the new layout
57.47%
no it should remain like this
42.53%
Total: 100% 87 vote(s)
welcome to the thread

i created this thread because im seeing the wbo layout for a long time now and think that it should be change to a new one

the main perpose of this thread is to collect the votes of the people who want the new format if the no. of people is more i will request the moderators to change the layout

and further might open a thread in which graphics maker can create the new layout of the wbo
In my opinion, certainly not. This website must of taken much too long to design. We can thank Kei for this.

To tell the truth, Kei and Kai-V are the only good Sig makers/graphics around here. No one can compete with them.

I've seen Kai-V address this issue before. I recall that she said it wasn't a good idea. She and Kei do make the best graphics around here....

I thank them.
(May. 12, 2011  3:55 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: In my opinion, certainly not. This website must of taken much too long to design. We can thank Kei for this.

To tell the truth, Kei and Kai-V are the only good Sig makers/graphics around here. No one can compete with them.

I've seen Kai-V address this issue before. I recall that she said it wasn't a good idea. She and Kei do make the best graphics around here....

I thank them.

according to ur point of view ur correct but i want to know how many people want new layout and if they agree i would like to ask kai-v or key to design the new lay uot
(May. 12, 2011  4:02 AM)bladeruler Wrote: according to ur point of view ur correct but i want to know how many people want new layout and if they agree i would like to ask kai-v or key to design the new lay uot
This whole thread is opinion. By everyone's own pov. That's why there's a poll. Also, by changing it, we get addicted to changing it more and more. Plus the banner is very attractive and probably really helps traffic.

Just the design of this website is unique in its own way. If we keep on changing it, we need to change all of the blue headers to the new banner color and such.

Even if, anyone were to create it, Kei or Kai-V will.

They're the only good makers. Best.

Look at the beydays banner, doesn't it look great?
Brad did all of this, by the way.
The logo and the colours don't need changing, but I'd love to see BBP up on the banner along with a different pattern.
(May. 12, 2011  3:55 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: To tell the truth, Kei and Kai-V are the only good Sig makers/graphics around here. No one can compete with them.

(May. 12, 2011  4:06 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Even if, anyone were to create it, Kei or Kai-V will.

They're the only good makers. Best.

Aha, I'm not sure where this is coming from. At least for me, I mean. I don't make signatures often anymore, and I haven't posted any of my graphic design work here in a while (aside from stuff for the WBO like the BeyDays 2010/2011 banners)!

(May. 12, 2011  4:14 AM)Deikailo Wrote: The logo and the colours don't need changing, but I'd love to see BBP up on the banner along with a different pattern.

I might not be opposed to this. You could have made the argument last year that Storm Pegasis had just been released around the rest of the world, so it wouldn't have made as much sense to update it to something like Galaxy, but now it might not be as alienating to update it.
Could the committee consider incorporating flash navigation into the header? If it's too much trouble for you and Kai-V, I could do it as long as I have the final PSD file.
Deikailo- Nah, Big Bang Pegasus up there on the banner?! I disagree. I think we must give a tribute to parts that dominated the meta game. Thus, I would like Basalt Horogium Or Lighning L Drago
We've always used Pegasis. Pegasis is symbolic to the game because it's always the first to be released of every generation and it's the main character's Beyblade.
(May. 12, 2011  12:27 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Could the committee consider incorporating flash navigation into the header? If it's too much trouble for you and Kai-V, I could do it as long as I have the final PSD file.

Why flash navigation? What do you even mean?

(May. 12, 2011  1:31 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We've always used Pegasis. Pegasis is symbolic to the game because it's always the first to be released of every generation and it's the main character's Beyblade.

Exactly.
IMO I don't think it needs a new layout. True I am still VERY new to the site compared to others, but what I like about this site is that it is very easy to navigate, and everything isn't a blast of colors, and misplacements. Other forums I visit have this problem, and I don't use them. It's old yes, but very good.

(May. 12, 2011  4:14 AM)Deikailo Wrote: The logo and the colours don't need changing, but I'd love to see BBP up on the banner along with a different pattern.

I was thinking of HWS Pegasis, Storm Pegasis, Galaxy Pegasus, and BBP all in order, left to right, with the WBO logo still on there. It would be large, and I'm not sure how it woud turn out, but I'd like it I bet. Same color theme and everything, but a different pattern on the background of the logo would be awesome.
(May. 12, 2011  1:31 PM)Deikailo Wrote: We've always used Pegasis. Pegasis is symbolic to the game because it's always the first to be released of every generation and it's the main character's Beyblade.

agree with u and as much as i know wbo always had the main beyblade of the anine in it's logo and i also think there should be bigbang pegasus and it's wheel in the wbo logo
(May. 12, 2011  6:18 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 12, 2011  12:27 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Could the committee consider incorporating flash navigation into the header? If it's too much trouble for you and Kai-V, I could do it as long as I have the final PSD file.

Exactly.
I think it would be cool to have a dropdown list of upcoming events or the current standing of the beyrank animated into the banner. It's just eyecatching and modern. Not a necessity, but rather it looks cool.
(May. 12, 2011  6:18 PM)Kei Wrote:

Exactly.

Oh, yes. I didn't realize that! In that case, BBP will really look cool. How about the Gold recolor? I know we must use the original color, but Gold Wing Recolor is so beautiful........ About the layout, I hope there will be no changes in the Blue and Orange based layout of all pages, coz its really good, and produces a calming effect...
hey i got a solution to a prob that many of ui mentioned that if we create new layout we have to change whole sites colour scheme the solution is we can make the new layout using blue and orange colour so that we don't have to change all of the wbo parts
here r some new icons i created for

forum contains new post - [Image: forumcontainsnewposts.png]

forum contains no new post - [Image: forumcontainsnonewpost.png]

forum is locked - [Image: forumislocked.png]
I don't think the actual layout should change, butBBP would be a nice update.
We should find another beyblade site, rename ourselves to a name one word difference, and badly alter their logo to make ours. Grin

But seriously, the Committee have FAR better things to do. The theme is very nice, new themes mean extra work, and a whole new layout would introduce broken things on a site that works basically perfectly (every so often, threads don't update with new pages straight away). Function over Form and Frills, PLEASE.

TBH, it's pretty rude to expect them to update a theme that isn't very dated. Uncertain

I suppose a new banner wouldn't be too unreasonable, but yeah. I like this site, it's nice as it is.

From a current web-design stand point, it's basically in line with popular site designs, IMO.

So, in summary: No.
(May. 14, 2011  4:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: We should find another beyblade site, rename ourselves to a name one word difference, and badly alter their logo to make ours. Grin

But seriously, the Committee have FAR better things to do. The theme is very nice, new themes mean extra work, and a whole new layout would introduce broken things on a site that works basically perfectly (every so often, threads don't update with new pages straight away). Function over Form and Frills, PLEASE.

TBH, it's pretty rude to expect them to update a theme that isn't very dated. Uncertain

I suppose a new banner wouldn't be too unreasonable, but yeah. I like this site, it's nice as it is.

From a current web-design stand point, it's basically in line with popular site designs, IMO.

"The theme is very nice, new themes mean extra work, and a whole new layout would introduce broken things on a site that works basically perfectly"

dude we r here to do the work of modification so u don;t have to do anything anyways it's ur decissision
Change the silhoutte of Pre- HWS Pegusus to show Pre-HWS Pegasus in colour[Like Storm Pegasus]
No it is fine. I think getting rid of it wouldbe like banishing some of Brad's legacy to the World Beyblade Organization.
@scipio- Now, that's what I didn't realize! But, its really true...
So, I take back my words. This site's layout is just awesome. Never do change it (I said this before).
Yes, the banner should be changed, but there's nothing BAD in keeping it as it is.
So, I change my opinion and say- No, no new layout.

Still, if others, especially senior members like mods and admins think that it should be changed, then I think its no big issue then...
(May. 15, 2011  2:42 AM)bladeruler Wrote:
(May. 14, 2011  4:24 PM)th!nk Wrote: We should find another beyblade site, rename ourselves to a name one word difference, and badly alter their logo to make ours. Grin

"The theme is very nice, new themes mean extra work, and a whole new layout would introduce broken things on a site that works basically perfectly"

dude we r here to do the work of modification so u don;t have to do anything anyways it's ur decissision

Have you actually seen a site go through a redesign. It's always a pain, a lot of work, and stuff is always broken. And people are always annoyed at the changes. Harmony Central is a big example, though I think unless you're a muso you wouldn't understand what I mean. Basically, they changed to a new theme and site software and it pretty much resulted in huge numbers of people leaving.
Stuff always gets broken, and slips past testing. If it doesn't, the testing period has to be so long that the site would look dated by the time it was released.

People will still have to implement the new design, modify the layout/style sheets or whatever (I've only very basic understanding of the coding aspect). And those people will be the people who are busy enough trying to handle the community to take on a currently completely unnecessary task of re-designing a website. I'm not sure who generally does that, but IIRC, it's Brad, and I'm quite sure he doesn't have the time.

Making the images is all well and good, implementing them all nicely is another thing.
(May. 15, 2011  10:31 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 15, 2011  2:42 AM)bladeruler Wrote:

Have you actually seen a site go through a redesign. It's always a pain, a lot of work, and stuff is always broken. And people are always annoyed at the changes. Harmony Central is a big example, though I think unless you're a muso you wouldn't understand what I mean. Basically, they changed to a new theme and site software and it pretty much resulted in huge numbers of people leaving.
Stuff always gets broken, and slips past testing. If it doesn't, the testing period has to be so long that the site would look dated by the time it was released.

People will still have to implement the new design, modify the layout/style sheets or whatever (I've only very basic understanding of the coding aspect). And those people will be the people who are busy enough trying to handle the community to take on a currently completely unnecessary task of re-designing a website. I'm not sure who generally does that, but IIRC, it's Brad, and I'm quite sure he doesn't have the time.

Making the images is all well and good, implementing them all nicely is another thing.

but if any problem occurs we can undo it
any ways by reading my thread i got that banner should have bb pegasus so i recreated the header i know that i have no right to do so but because most people wanted this so i created one with everything same but bbp is changed with storm pegasus

here is the new header :-

Have you ever been on a website that was going through a re-design before? There WILL be errors, if you give up at the first, then it doesn't get done. If you don't give up, there are errors. Things NEVER run smoothly, and as I've said, there isn't any reason to re-design anything past a banner change.

Mentioning that, not a bad job, but a clearer image (prefferably a face-on render from the Anime or wherever we get those from) is needed to make it look professional.