Should MF(the tip) be banned?

Poll: Should Metal Flat be banned?

No, it shouldn't.
96.30%
Yes, it should.
3.70%
Total: 100% 27 vote(s)
I think the MF tip is op because of it's stamina. The limited format is meant to give outclassed parts a chance to shine. So why isn't MF banned? Other tips like R2F and RF and RSF are other examples of op tips that are op compared to other tips.
That's rediculous. It isn't even good compared to RF or R2F.
It has its place, but it's certainly not top tier.
MF shouldn't really be banned because while it's stamina is better than RF, it's attack isn't so it's a fair bottom that's not overpowered, it has a trade off.
MF has little friction so, while certainly very fast, it has more recoil than any other attack type tip (besides Q atleast). With great power comes great recoil so many attack combos will not be able to safely utilize this MF, keeping it from outclassing things like XF, though the higher friction of rubber parts will always make that a niche tip.
Yeah, MF shoud not be banned. We haven't seen it in any OP combinations, albeit good combinations, nothing that can't be fairly easily countered.
I win my last standard tournament with 2 beys with MF on it but its not obviously be top tier at all.
While I personally don't think it should be banned, we shouldn't be too hasty about the decision and discuss it first.

I think it was sometime last year when a few users though MF stallers were broken and it was enough to attract th!nk's attention (pretty sure he and Ingulit were the co-creators of Limited). I think it was after Dual swept some Michigan or Illinois tournament using Burn Dragonis 100MF, Aquario __MF, and Vulcan _____ __MF, even beating Kei while Kei was using an Attack type. Snoop also did pretty well with a hybrid Omega MF Attacker if it remember correctly. Then geetster99 went undefeated to win the NC qualifier and the B Block in MFB BeyBattle Revolution earlier this year using primarily MF-F Burn Cancer 90MF. More recently Angry Face was able to win an (unofficial) Limited tournament with a MF combo, and I know for sure geetster used Attack against him (Sniper probably did as well seeing how much he likes Attack).

Meanwhile personally I haven't had outstanding success with MF in Limited, losing several matchups that I theoretically should have won with it. but maybe I just can't use it well. As for playing against it, I've been able to beat it with Attack three times and only lost to it once, going 2-3 while using Defense.

MF can OS Defense and KO/OS some Stamina combos, and while I've never personally had a problem with it I thought I should still list several instances where it has beaten Attack (its primary counter) consistently for discussion's sake.
I just think it is a fair trade-off. It has more stamina than rubber attack tips but it doesn't hit as hard
Chief - Sigh ... just no. If you look at tournament winning combinations for limited format NO ONE uses MF (at least in Toronto), MF has close to no friction to the stadium meaning it will not lose much spin which gives it the stamina it has, but due to this lack of friction is is incredibly easy to knock out making it not over powered. Banning RSF would make the most sense out of all your proposals (MF, R2F, and RF), but once you ban RSF defense will be brought down and now attack has an advantage over defense which would make the limited meta game unbalanced.
So far, there really is no tips that really need a discussion on a banning yet. I mean RS and RSF have been proven to do well, so has MF, but it doesn't mean it's ban worthy. They're just good, it doesn't mean it needs a ban cause they're good. Plenty of things can beat MF.
Ok. Well, this is a public poll. I'm just trying to see what other people want. I did some more testing and, yes, Mf has a lot less friction. But it still is pretty good when paired with screw. can somebody do some tests on mf vs defense types? Because I don't have much access to my beyblades right now.
Well, yes, MF will beat pretty much all Defense types and some stamina setups, however it gets completely demolished by other attack setups. As well as stamina set ups that can OS it.
RF and R2F are not overpowered and neither is this. They will never be banned because it's just not necessary.
This thread would make more sense if you had supported it with testings. Otherwise, it makes more sense to talk about it here ...

But since we're here, I'll just say that if anything, MF is probably underrated. But like others have said, just because it is actually good, doesn't mean it should be banned. It is a versatile part, but it's use is not widespread, and it has enough weaknesses to make defeating it not an insurmountable, or unfair challenge.
Yeah, but I think that comes from a fundamental misunderstanding of the Limited format: it's not to "give underused parts a chance to shine." It's to prevent a handful of incredibly powerful parts from wringing the fun and variety out of competitive play.
(Jul. 30, 2015  8:29 PM)Kei Wrote: I'll just say that if anything, MF is probably underrated.

^This. I was honestly shocked reading through the replies to this thread; two people so far have said MF isn't top-tier (which it is and has been for a long time), and I believe I remember one person saying that it was outclassed by XF, which definitely isn't true.

Metal Flat is one of the most competitive Bottoms in MFB. This thread has quite a bit of testing and commentary on its versatility.

However, I still don't think it should be banned. There's a big difference between being versatile and being broken. As far as I've seen, MF can be solidly beaten by most competitive Attack customs (especially Lightning; throw MF-H Lightning L-Drago 85RF into the stadium and any MF Staller will go down), and TBH they really don't have all that much Stamina. I get that stuff like Vulcan or Omega MF could KO most Stamina customs (Burn has like zero smash), but I've never seen an MF combination OS Earth B : D. I'm willing to bet that several TH170/SR200 CS Balance customs could take most of them down as well (don't quote me on that; I haven't done the testing for it, but I've got a hunch). Definitely doesn't warrant a ban if you ask me.
(Jul. 31, 2015  6:05 PM)[)ragon Wrote: I was honestly shocked reading through the replies to this thread; two people so far have said MF isn't top-tier (which it is and has been for a long time), and I believe I remember one person saying that it was outclassed by XF, which definitely isn't true.

As the only other person to mention XF, I wish to point out that that is not what I said. What I was trying to say was that MF does not outclass XF or RF as an attack tip and that they all fill their own role, with MF being faster and better for stamina but RF having much less recoil and XF being somewhat middling.

Maybe MF is strong as a tornado staller and maybe its potential to KO stamina types gives it versatility but it certainly isn't strong enough to prevent the use of other parts so, if that is the argument the OP is making, MF should stay.
Being as much a user of tornado stallers and I am of pure stamina, I'd say that MF is pretty clearly competitive in that regard. That being said, it has a major weakness—its defensive capabilities which, from my experience, are at least as bad as those of regular stamina. MF, unlike other parts that have been considered "overpowered," doesn't dominate or excel in every category; no matter how you set it up, it will always have a major weakness. So no, I don't think there's any reason to consider banning it at this point.
I don't really think it should be banned because like others have said it is a trade off, more stamina for less attack power.
Well, this is just to try to make the limited format system better for others. Soo, what are some parts that should be banned?
(Aug. 02, 2015  1:33 AM)Ackar2834 Wrote: Well, this is just to try to make the limited format system better for others. Soo, what are some parts that should be banned?

I still think we should ban Forbidden just for the name.
Just FYI guys, this discussion should honestly probably be happening here (I realize that's kind of hypocritical since I posted on the last page, but we should probably take this where it belongs).
(Jul. 31, 2015  6:05 PM)[)ragon Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2015  8:29 PM)Kei Wrote: I'll just say that if anything, MF is probably underrated.

^This. I was honestly shocked reading through the replies to this thread; two people so far have said MF isn't top-tier (which it is and has been for a long time), and I believe I remember one person saying that it was outclassed by XF, which definitely isn't true.

Metal Flat is one of the most competitive Bottoms in MFB. This thread has quite a bit of testing and commentary on its versatility.

However, I still don't think it should be banned. There's a big difference between being versatile and being broken. As far as I've seen, MF can be solidly beaten by most competitive Attack customs (especially Lightning; throw MF-H Lightning L-Drago 85RF into the stadium and any MF Staller will go down), and TBH they really don't have all that much Stamina. I get that stuff like Vulcan or Omega MF could KO most Stamina customs (Burn has like zero smash),
but I've never seen an MF combination OS Earth B : D. I'm willing to bet that several TH170/SR200 CS Balance customs could take most of them down as well (don't quote me on that; I haven't done the testing for it, but I've got a hunch). Definitely doesn't warrant a ban if you ask me.

I dont agree with you on that point. my first tournament in wbo was in toronto qualification like 2 years ago and still win each time easily against that combo and i was using a MF Burn Cancer 90 MF.