Should Hosts Compete in their own Tournament?

yes it is hard to pm every host

beyblade is beyblade so no one should feel guilty if they win or loose just have to get better next time

Beyblade is Beyblade its all about the fun of the game. I made it to round 4 or 5 in the NYC tournament I was actually proud to make it that far for my first tournament, the other kids who got into round 4 should be proud too. But again the kids could say its un-fair, but who knows some of them who say that could have beyblade way better then there opponents (Like say a 26 year old (host/older kid) was using a MF-H Earth Cancer DF145WD and they didn't have good beys and the kid had a Variares With him but DIDN'T use it and instead they used Storm Pegasus 100RF, Its there fault for using what they used only if they had something that would've done better.)
Well again I am against the host not playing and I am not. Because I think it was TwistedTempo1999 went up against Cye with a Basalt TH170CS (195 Height) and TT1999 was using a MF Basalt Cancer 105WD. Also from that battle when he got home his mom got a tiny bit mad but then TT1977 PM'd me and said his mom was mad because of that but he didn't care if he lost he said it gained him some more experience. So in this case, Parent mad,Kid not mad. So its a 50/50 Case.
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:13 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I feel guilty sometimes.

Dei, there's nothing to be guilty about. You can't be scolded for doing a regular thing, which is playing in a tournament. Plus, the parents are making you responsible for their children's loss?

Anyways,, nothing to worry about, if you want to compete, compete.
I think Beyblade is Beyblade isn't the best way to look at it. If that's the case, then I'd be Blader DJ and Blader DJ doesn't *actually* battle.
yes exactly! It depends on the blader they have to have bey knowledge I'm heading to the world championship so I can face anyone who is stronger than me so I can use that to my other opponent beyblade is beyblade nothing else
Yes I see, but still its up to you if you wanna have fun or not then go play in tournaments or not.
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:47 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote: So in this case, Parent mad,Kid not mad. So its a 50/50 Case.
I hate to break it to you, but the parents are the ones who decide on whether or not their child gets to go to the tournament. They are also paying for tournaments.
well blader dj does battle in one episode
Well yes that is the case but still...
Yes, I referenced that. He's not good. I am. He also was battling for fun... or pride... I'm not sure.
yea true but parents only show that because somehow thy fell bad that their children lost but expressed it in a negative way
blader dj actually suck but he did it for fun
I think i saw it on youtube but you vs. ikmv Gravity AD145 Vs. Gravity 230 I believe and You guys were pretty even , well thats Host vs. Host terms and what beys you were using at the tournament. But who knows if the parents get mad or not, its still your opinion on if you think host shouldn't battle or should battle.
yes it is your opinion to battle jut feel you think what is right
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:57 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote: I think i saw it on youtube but you vs. ikmv Gravity AD145 Vs. Gravity 230 I believe and You guys were pretty even , well thats Host vs. Host terms and what beys you were using at the tournament. But who knows if the parents get mad or not, its still your opinion on if you think host shouldn't battle or should battle.
That was me vs. Bluezee. We're not going to get into that match...
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:56 AM)Striker X Wrote: yea true but parents only show that because somehow thy fell bad that their children lost but expressed it in a negative way
No, they feel it is rigged. They will tell me that to my face.
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:59 AM)Striker X Wrote: yes it is your opinion to battle jut feel you think what is right
Guys, please, you don't have to make this point multiple times for the sake of posting. Please make constructive posts.
wow they actually do that right in your face.
If they act like that then do not come to a tournament ever again they should know that their kid is really not the best in the world I really bet if they battle with another kid that kid is going to loose and their going to scream on that kid and then the other kid mother will get into a fight
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:50 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think Beyblade is Beyblade isn't the best way to look at it. If that's the case, then I'd be Blader DJ and Blader DJ doesn't *actually* battle.

in the V force beyblade game (for the game cube), blader DJ fights as your last opponent in (one) of the tournaments Tongue_out

(Sep. 30, 2011  12:38 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If you look at other games like Blackjack, the dealer competes, but they are bound by a set of rules.

this got me thinking. what if the host doesn't get a prize when he/she wins first, second, or third? IMO it feels... noble?

i think that could lesson the guilt

i am considering doing this myself if i win one of my own tournament (like that will happen any time soon)

meh, maybe my idea is lame

(Sep. 30, 2011  1:11 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:50 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think Beyblade is Beyblade isn't the best way to look at it. If that's the case, then I'd be Blader DJ and Blader DJ doesn't *actually* battle.

in the V force beyblade game (for the game cube), blader DJ fights as your last opponent in (one) of the tournaments Tongue_out

(Sep. 30, 2011  12:38 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If you look at other games like Blackjack, the dealer competes, but they are bound by a set of rules.

this got me thinking. what if the host doesn't get a prize when he/she wins first, second, or third? IMO it feels... noble?

i think that could lesson the guilt

i am considering doing this myself if i win one of my own tournament (like that will happen any time soon)

meh, maybe my idea is lame
Hell no, if I win, I get the prize. That doesn't feel right, either. In some cases, I'll try to win the prize just so it costs less money to host the tournament. Some tournaments I don't even offer prizes. It's the gold face most people are after. It's the pride. In New York, we don't even care about the prizes.
yea i agree the person who win derserve the prize but the real prize is the pride and being proud that you now have a rank and win or loose in the tournaments
i am right, it was a lame idea

the only thing that i can really think of is the double format idea. if you want a tournament where everyone has a more even chance (only being divided by skill level), then host one with no pre-4d(/possibly maximum) beyblades. that way kids with only hasbro parts wont get creamed. and other times with all MFB beyblades (i do not think i need to explain why)

but that is (IMO unfortunately) not incorporated (and according to some posts i have seen, will never be)
true but now I belive the top tiers are out such as flame byxsis and twisted tempo so they still gonna get creamed so whats the point
(Sep. 30, 2011  1:25 AM)Striker X Wrote: true but now I belive the top tiers are out such as flame byxsis and twisted tempo so they still gonna get creamed so whats the point

since flame byxsis and basalt are already released by hasbro, it means that they do have a chance (but not against 4D beyblades like blitz, which is why i said pre 4D Tired ) because they have access to these parts

so they wont really get creamed, unless against an experienced opponent
(Sep. 30, 2011  1:23 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: i am right, it was a lame idea

the only thing that i can really think of is the double format idea. if you want a tournament where everyone has a more even chance (only being divided by skill level), then host one with no pre-4d(/possibly maximum) beyblades. that way kids with only hasbro parts wont get creamed. and other times with all MFB beyblades (i do not think i need to explain why)

but that is (IMO unfortunately) not incorporated (and according to some posts i have seen, will never be)
It would be cool if I don't compete, but people can challenge me to battle, I have to accept, we play, and it gets counted. I think as long as I don't do the challenging and I can't refuse, it seems fair.
Ok so if challenging wise, Dei I challenge you >: D Next tournament. But the fact of you not competing it would mean you will not have as much fun at tournaments unless you went to a tournament and werent judge.
(Sep. 30, 2011  1:33 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It would be cool if I don't compete, but people can challenge me to battle, I have to accept, we play, and it gets counted. I think as long as I don't do the challenging and I can't refuse, it seems fair.

i think that is a great idea.
(Sep. 30, 2011  1:37 AM)MetalZoroark21 Wrote: Ok so if challenging wise, Dei I challenge you >: D Next tournament. But the fact of you not competing it would mean you will not have as much fun at tournaments unless you went to a tournament and werent judge.
I have more fun watching you guys play than when I actually play. It's a different kind of experience for me.