Sharp Turns Ahead: Hell KerbecsBD145WD's kryptonite

(Jun. 30, 2011  10:53 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Honestly, I think it's that the results that support your combo are skewed.

Uh what? How?
(Jun. 30, 2011  8:38 PM)Azlanslayer Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2011  8:26 PM)Dan Wrote: No one posting Basalt results? lol I'm sure everyone can get those results.

Haha. I guess they thought using Basalt on Sharp bottom is totally fail. It would be totally off balance and dies off easily. Even I thought of that. XD
Yes, because you know everything right? Stop making assumptions and test for yourself.
Your attitude has been totally idiotic lately..

@Cye; How so...?
Well since blitz mentioned that he used a mint S and i used a near mint S i thought maybe it has to do with how worn the S tip is so here is a comparison

Near mint S
Basalt Bull DF145S VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
HK wins : 13 (40S)
BB wins : 7(1OS)

heavily Worn S
Basalt Bull DF145S VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
HK wins: 1
BB wins 19

So that should explain it? bluezee you must have a really worn down S.
I have a near mint S and get near 100% results with Basalt..
Well there goes that theory. I am still confused on how you get these results then because when S starts to get low on rotation it has bad balance then hell gets under it and makes it scrape.
I don't know how you launch but the recoil between Hell and Basalt is Hell BD145WD's fatal weakness. Get quite a few hard smashes and its virtually over. I thought we all knew that recoil kills that combo?
Yeah i no it does but almost all my battles end in KO's and the S tip gets destabilzed quite easily alowing it to be Outspun , although with a worn down S it owns Hell BD145WD it outspins it by quite a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JvqrTstT24&sns=tw

There. I made a UNEDITED vid to proof that this combo works.

Yeah Dan, you woke me up. I'm really using parts based on physics now, not what i used be. Uncertain. I know i sound idiotic. Just dont know why...

Test:

MF-H Basalt Bull AD145S Vs Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
MF-H Basalt Bull: 9 wins (1 OS, 8 KO)
Hell Kerbecs: 1 win (0 OS, 1 KO)
Win Percentage: 90%

Awesome Bluezee. You never stop to surprise me Smile. S used to suck.. Now its back!
Don't worry man, but it seemed like lately your posts were very negative.
Why is everyone getting so many KO's? lol
(Jul. 01, 2011  11:48 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: S used to suck.. Now its back!

S still sucks. You would never use these S-based customs in a tournament, regardless of whether or not they can actually win against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD.
(Jul. 01, 2011  11:48 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Awesome Bluezee. You never stop to surprise me Smile. S used to suck.. Now its back!

I might be hosting a WBO tournament in Singapore in the near future. I dare you to use S tips against my Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD then. Any MW, CW, track you like, just use the S tip. Call it a wake up call.
Bluezee, can this be used with the other s family? (S,BS,FS,DS,CS,ES,EDS,)
(Jul. 01, 2011  4:58 PM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2011  11:48 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: Awesome Bluezee. You never stop to surprise me Smile. S used to suck.. Now its back!

I might be hosting a WBO tournament in Singapore in the near future. I dare you to use S tips against my Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD then. Any MW, CW, track you like, just use the S tip. Call it a wake up call.

If he uses Basalt, your more than likely smashed.
(Jul. 01, 2011  5:08 PM)Shika blade Wrote: Bluezee, can this be used with the other s family? (S,BS,FS,DS,CS,ES,EDS,)

I have tried ES it failed.
(Jul. 01, 2011  5:12 PM)Dan Wrote:

Still, not really, care to make a friendly wager? I'll Youtube the battle when the time comes.
Basalt AD145 S vs Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD
Basalt : 2 wins (2 KO)
Hell : 18 wins (6 KO, 12 OS)

In all seriousness, S series bottoms are great for pure stamina, almost unrivaled in solo spins. but we all know that solo spins don't matter at all in battles.

Now, during battles, the static motion of S tips pretty much diminishes any notion of smash power from the metal wheels used, which translates to just relying on stamina, which brings us back to the balance issues, which honestly, is bad. A few hits here and there are enough to cause it to wobble and lose a considerable amount of stamina.

Blueeze had a nice idea for combining minimal recoil metal wheels with the S bottom. Intrigued by the idea, I gave it a try. After a couple of hours, Libra (mold1), Earth (mold 1+2) paired with the S bottom still had balance issues, enough to cause them to lose every battle by a considerable outspin margin.

Against a different opposing bey (other than Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD), the proposed combinations might work, just not against this 'top tier stamina'.
I did some testing myself quickly with similar combos (Just different clear wheels and no MF's)

Basalt Leone DF145S vs Hell Aquario BD145WD

Standard Procedures

Basalt wins - 10 (All K.O's)
Hell wins - 10 (All K.O's)

I don't quite see how you get even a single out spin. I keep getting K.O's!
(Jul. 01, 2011  5:57 PM)Uwik Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2011  5:12 PM)Dan Wrote:

Still, not really, care to make a friendly wager? I'll Youtube the battle when the time comes.
Basalt AD145 S vs Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD
Basalt : 2 wins (2 KO)
Hell : 18 wins (6 KO, 12 OS)
OP results were mine..
I'll post a video if necessary, and tbh your posts make you come across as extremely arrogant.
Dan: The video is not necessary, and I apologize if my post offended you. I felt that it was more of a friendly banter than arrogance, oh well.

Anyway, I still stand by my claim. S bottom does not work against it, with any metal wheels to date (not counting scythe). It's a bit strange tbh, since I get somewhat similar tests to your meteo ch120 XF. Where I live, stamina/ def has been our metagame for the longest time. We've somewhat excelled at it, to the point of scrutinizing the amount of wear on WD / PD / SD / D to achieve desired results, best weight for stam combination, various launching techniques depending on the opposing bey etc.

I feel that I need to drop a few combinations that I've been using for some time now to contribute:

Basalt Bull R145 WD (only if you're certain that you can launch harder than the hell user)
MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 CS (MF is the key here, without it, the recoil would be too much)

The basalt combo for me yields 90% win rate, while the CS combo yields 70% win rate

If S works for you then great. But if you happen to battle a good stamina blader, then you might want to reconsider your choice.
okay.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MFBDan
I have no clue why it quickens the pace so much, to a point it is only 21 seconds but the point is made.
Probably the carpy computer I am on right now.
Just a General Statement but MF Hell Kerbecs BD145 WD is not on the top tier list Hell Kerbecs/Bull BD145 (Boost Mode) WD is on the tier list sorry for a misunderstanding if this is not a countr to it but I was just wondering why everyone is using a MF Personally I have never seen this combo Before sorry for a misunderstanding but iss it in Boost mode cause the combo kinda sucks without Boost
MF reduces recoil and improves spin time. If you used normal mode it would scrape and would loose..
Normal mode is generally better for defense. (even for Hell)
Oh gawd I lol'd. Yeah, it explains a lot. Too much recoil. This is why I've been pushing for the CS version instead, it doesn't have the huge recoil issues and can outspin pretty much any stamina combo, even with MF-H on it for extra stability.

I'll see how S does vs that, though, later tonight Tongue_out
most of you guys (the ones who seem to be getting opposite results to be exact) are forgetting a very important part of the combo with S. the MF-H

the MF-H does to things, it adds weight lowering recoil. and (the slightly more important use it has here) it focuses more weight into the center of the beyblade, increasing its balance.

i still cant find my WD so i still cant test. i can use FS on hell instead (FS may not have WD's balance, but it has much more then S)
I could have sworn after MLMPPCRTTH we decided that there would be no more nicknames, just the combo in the title. Oh well.

So I did a few of my own tests, nothing special. I refuse to invest more than 10 battles per test because you can see where it's going after ten. A combo will not magically jump to 10 more wins. I alternating shooting first for each:

MF-H Basalt Aquario DF145S vs. Hell Saggitario BD145WD (boost mode)
Nice job, but what part is actually outclassing Hell? Well, let's try this:

MF-H Basalt Aquario DF145SD vs. Hell Saggitario BD145WD (boost mode)
Congrats, Bluezee. You just showed us that Basalt can beat Hell.

Can you please stop making drama? Pretty please? For me?
Why saggitario CW? I thought it was un-useful? Is there a particular CW you dont have that is similar to Saggitario? And what condition was your S in? Im sure we want an FOTB one or mint one. But nice reasults.