Sharp Turns Ahead: Hell KerbecsBD145WD's kryptonite

I picked Saggitario because it's awesome.

Oh, you know, my S had normal wear and tear from playing on cement and just one gash in its side.
No need to be aggressive towards me, get over it. But seriously, I need to know the matter.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:11 AM)® Wrote: No need to be aggressive towards me, get over it. But seriously, I need to know the matter.
Do you seriously think I'm stupid enough to use a non-mint bottom after I am so adamant about parts checks at tournaments? Uncertain Seriously? Really? Get over yourself. Use your head.
Then how come the majority of people on here said thier mint S doesnt work? Hmm show vids and facts. Just a couple more and i'll beleive Bluezee =/. And, my bad alright?
Deikailo, that was a narrow look at what was offered. Bluezee used and posted Earth and Libra all hailing same results. So perhaps testing them too would be good. The thread was really meant to disprove Hell Kerbecs BD145WD's invincibility, not to come out with some random-carp combination which exclusively beats Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. I don't really see the title as a nickname for anything at all..? :V Just supposed to be punny.

Edit;Rotation stop being so negative and insinuate the worst everywhere (most notably towards Bluezee) it is idiotic, not required, called for or necessary. Get of your high horse, I have no clue why you even got on it.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:19 AM)® Wrote: Then how come the majority of people on here said thier mint S doesnt work? Hmm show vids and facts. Just a couple more and i'll beleive Bluezee =/. And, my bad alright?

Yeah, I'm calling you out for repeatedly stupid posts now.
Some results with Scythe.

MF-H Scythe Kronos DF145S (Stamina Mode) VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD (Boost Mode)
Standard Procedures
Scythe Kronos Win Rate – 80% (14OS, 2KO)
Hell Kerbecs Win Rate – 20% (3OS, 1KO)

This works pretty well.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:37 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Some results with Scythe.

MF-H Scythe Kronos DF145S (Stamina Mode) VS Hell Kerbecs BD145WD (Boost Mode)
Standard Procedures
Scythe Kronos Win Rate – 80% (14OS, 2KO)
Hell Kerbecs Win Rate – 20% (3OS, 1KO)

This works pretty well.

Scythe is quite new ... What happens if you use the same combination but with a currently top-tier Stamina Bottom ?
Wow, thanks for the tests, Mr. N. Man, Scythe has been doing amazing.
Scythe destroys hell BD145 when used with almost any stamina bottom , so i am not surprised i shall test as well Grin
I totally agree. I can get amazing win rates against Hell BD145WD with Scythe Kronos uncustomized. I shall tests this against CS soon.

Kai-V I'll test Scythe Kronos DF145WD and post the results in the Scythe Discussion.
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)Dan Wrote: Deikailo, that was a narrow look at what was offered. Bluezee used and posted Earth and Libra all hailing same results. So perhaps testing them too would be good. The thread was really meant to disprove Hell Kerbecs BD145WD's invincibility, not to come out with some random-carp combination which exclusively beats Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. I don't really see the title as a nickname for anything at all..? :V Just supposed to be punny.

Edit;Rotation stop being so negative and insinuate the worst everywhere (most notably towards Bluezee) it is idiotic, not required, called for or necessary. Get of your high horse, I have no clue why you even got on it.
Just use an attack combo to beat a stamina combo? Beat Lynx 85RF beats Hell Kerbecs BD145WD like crazy.
(Jul. 04, 2011  3:20 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  2:22 AM)Dan Wrote: Deikailo, that was a narrow look at what was offered. Bluezee used and posted Earth and Libra all hailing same results. So perhaps testing them too would be good. The thread was really meant to disprove Hell Kerbecs BD145WD's invincibility, not to come out with some random-carp combination which exclusively beats Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. I don't really see the title as a nickname for anything at all..? :V Just supposed to be punny.

Just use an attack combo to beat a stamina combo? Beat Lynx 85RF beats Hell Kerbecs BD145WD like crazy.
This thread is about a stamina type that is better than Hell KerbecsBD145WD, I was just at a tourney in Perth and I remember seeing Hell Kerbecs being spammed by many people (or my memory is just faulty), in both attack and stamina combo's. Hell KerbecsBD145WD is an easy combo to make, which could be why a lot of new bladers and even some older ones use it, all you need is a basic Hell Kerbecs and a WD, which is one of the most widely available tips. Also, Kerbecs has a good name from being so good in other combo's, new bladers could easily be lured into thinking that any combo using Hell KerbecsBD145 is great. Obviously an attack type can beat a stamina type, everyone knows that, but we are debating how too many people (both newbies and experienced people) are spamming the use of Hell KerbecsBD145WD as a stamina bey and ignoring other, more powerful, stamina type beys (Scythe is showing promising results in the stamina department). Please don't state the obvious when saying that Beat Lynx85RF can beat Hell KerbecsBD145, how many stamina type beys do you know that could stand up to something like Lightning LDragoBD145RF (another combo that is currently being spammed). The best stamina type I have is Earth BullDF145WD, and that got me 3rd place in the tourney I was just in, and I did battle a Hell KerbecsBD145WD at one point. So please, everyone, this thread is just to show how Hell KerbecsBD145WD is not invincible (hence the use of the word kryptonite).

^Sorry if I went on a rant in the above post, I do that sometimes. I am sorry if I offended anybody in the above post, I am sorry if I seemed ignorant in the above post. For anything else the above post may do to someone, sorry.^
Wow. You guys rationalize and flip sides a bunch. If in the OP he talks about how S is a good tip, how can you say that this thread is not about how S is a good tip? I mean it's not like arguing against that is off topic.

If this thread is about disproving the combo's invinciblity, and not about the S tip, then what is wrong with her posting an attack type combo?
(Jul. 04, 2011  1:00 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I could have sworn after MLMPPCRTTH we decided that there would be no more nicknames, just the combo in the title. Oh well.
I figure as he's not posting a combo, it's not a combo nickname.

(Jul. 04, 2011  2:05 AM)® Wrote: Why saggitario CW? I thought it was un-useful? Is there a particular CW you dont have that is similar to Saggitario? And what condition was your S in? Im sure we want an FOTB one or mint one. But nice reasults.
Dude, have you read the CW thing I wrote? They are by far the least important part of a beyblade. Though, a 3-symmetrical one would be better for hell, it's still a tiny difference.

FWIW, Earth is still not outclassed by Hell for stamina anyway. SDamonCronous used Earth T125WD (I think it was T125) in a tourney loaded with Hell BD145WD's and stuff, and came third, after beating pretty much all of them. Confused Launch Power/Technique makes more of a difference for stamina, if you're using decent combo's.

Anyway, Hell's recoil is a huge problem for it, so wobbling stuff messes it up, especially if Hell doesn't KO it. Hence, Basalt will cause issues for it at times.
[09:40] mike aka bluezee: Thats what the thread was for
[09:40] mike aka bluezee: To stop it from being constantly used when something as simple as S can outdo it
[09:40] deikailo: But that combo can just be taken out by an attack combo
[09:40] mike aka bluezee: There are better options than S
[09:40] mike aka bluezee: Yeah i know
[09:41] deikailo: Then why don't you state in the OP that even S can take it out\
[09:41] mike aka bluezee: But the purpose was to show that something for pure stamina such as S can work
[09:41] deikailo: Because we all think you're glorifying S
[09:41] mike aka bluezee: Not just WD and SD..
[09:41] deikailo: S is outclasseds
[09:42] mike aka bluezee: S is the most simple tip ever..its been outclassed long ago
[09:42] mike aka bluezee: But i made the thread to show it works very well against hell kerbecs even in its outclassed state
[09:42] deikailo: So then why did you say real stamina blades use S?
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: Because thats pure stamina
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: Nothing more
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: SD and WD happened to work
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: But you can tell they werent original stamina parts
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: Thats why they have names like Wide Defense
[09:43] mike aka bluezee: And Semi Defense
[09:44] deikailo: But they last longer than S...?
[09:44] mike aka bluezee: Yeah thats why i said they happened to work
[09:44] mike aka bluezee: They dont all last longer than S though
[09:44] mike aka bluezee: S has a higher spin time than SD easily
[09:45] mike aka bluezee: I could show that with no problem
[09:45] deikailo: Solo spin time is irrelevant in battle
[09:46] deikailo: Then you should make that point clearer instead of making us think this was about S...
[09:46] mike aka bluezee: So that needed to be exploited so it wouldnt go running rampant as the best stamina combo ever when old parts can ruin it
[09:46] mike aka bluezee: It is about S plus the parts that go with it
[09:46] mike aka bluezee: Thats why i stated it only works with zero to low recoil wheels

Okay, so the point of this thread was that this combo sucks, not that S is some Godly new part.
Just because an S combo beats it doesn't mean that the combo sucks. It does better against a much wider range of combos.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:10 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Just because an S combo beats it doesn't mean that the combo sucks. It does better against a much wider range of combos.
You and I both know that. This would be a combo best selected during stalling clause.

It's not my first choice in selection, but it wins so it's good.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:10 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Just because an S combo beats it doesn't mean that the combo sucks. It does better against a much wider range of combos.

Ding ding (and this is assuming that S does actually beat it, which is debatable given the huge disparity in results that have been posted).

Like I said:

(Jun. 30, 2011  12:06 AM)Kei Wrote: One-dimensional combos like these have no place in competitive play because they aren't a safe choice during Stalling Clause. And this is assuming they actually performed as well for everyone as they have been for Bluezee.

(Jul. 01, 2011  4:28 PM)Kei Wrote: S still sucks. You would never use these S-based customs in a tournament, regardless of whether or not they can actually win against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD.

Hell Kerbecs BD145WD/CS obviously doesn't suck if tons of people (both highly skilled, and new Bladers) are using it. It's used so widely because of how versatile it is; I don't think anyone ever tried to imply that it was "invincible".
As I've been saying and people are finally managing to understand, the point is Hell Kerbecs BD145WD isn't a reliable choice, not that S is amazing. The internet isn't good for communicating sarcasm, and I suspect there was quite a bit of it when Bluezee was talking about "the amazing S" and "pure stamina".

After my tournament, I have seen this numerous times, it does lose to random things, and SDamonCronous managed to beat the significant number of people that tried to beat his Earth ___ T125WD with it, too. It IS overrated, and that's the point. Again, it does poorly against basalt defence combo's, which are supposedly quite common. I guess it's the ease of obtaining it, as it's literally a single bey plus the most common bottom, and voila! Top tier stamina!

I've long said CS is a far better option. I'm not going as far as to say the WD version doesn't belong on the tier list, it does for the same reason RS is on there. However, the CS version needs to be added, and it should be widely understood that it's usually a better choice. That said, I want to see how it goes against these combo's.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: As I've been saying and people are finally managing to understand, the point is Hell Kerbecs BD145WD isn't a reliable choice, not that S is amazing. The internet isn't good for communicating sarcasm, and I suspect there was quite a bit of it when Bluezee was talking about "the amazing S" and "pure stamina".

After my tournament, I have seen this numerous times, it does lose to random things, and SDamonCronous managed to beat the significant number of people that tried to beat his Earth ___ T125WD with it, too. It IS overrated, and that's the point. Again, it does poorly against basalt defence combo's, which are supposedly quite common. I guess it's the ease of obtaining it, as it's literally a single bey plus the most common bottom, and voila! Top tier stamina!

I've long said CS is a far better option. I'm not going as far as to say the WD version doesn't belong on the tier list, it does for the same reason RS is on there. However, the CS version needs to be added, and it should be widely understood that it's usually a better choice. That said, I want to see how it goes against these combo's.

I swear I think you and Dan are the only people that understand the stuff I post. Thanks for the help. I didn't feel like being bothered with responding to each individual post.
Meh, It's easy if you don't read "OMG BLUEZEE IS TEH ARROGANCE" into everything. :\

Kei: Honestly, Hell Kerbecs BD145WD isn't really what I'd call versatile. CS, yes, WD, no. It loses to most other really-top-tier beys (Basalt BD145/230CS, most Basalt Combo's in general, Anything with a rubber attack bottom or better grip and movement, Earth Stamina if your opponent has a better launch, and a bunch of weird stuff, in this case, S). Not something I'd rely on, and while it's simple to launch, you can mess up by not launching steadily, so even that's arguable.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:17 PM)Kei Wrote: this is assuming that S does actually beat it, which is debatable given the huge disparity in results that have been posted).

i want to point out (for the third time), most of the people who got bad results (heart and chups for example did not have a MF-H on the combo with S, most of those who got good results had a MF-H on the S

like i said before, the MF-H gives more balance by focusing weight to the center

Bluezee, again: i can not find my WD, is it fine if i use FS instead (FS has fairly good balance, much better then S/BS but a bit less then SD)
Everything loses to "random things". That is the game, where unlike card games or video games, you will not always have the same results every single time. The good thing about Hell Kerbecs BD145WD is it can win against a majority of combos.

If you turn around in stalling clause and have no idea what your opponent will select, you are going to pick a combo that has a high general win rate. This is a combo that would do that just fine, same with Basalt 230CS and Basalt BD145CS/WD.

Hell Kerbecs BD145WD is also an amazing combo for new bladers because you essentially only have to buy one blade and then just trade for the bottom.

However, I would never attach Hell Kerbecs BD145WD to your beylauncher outside of stalling clause because it has more than one kryptonite, just like every other combination in this game.

By the way, its kryptonite would an attack type because everyone knows stamina types are weak against attack types.
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:51 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:17 PM)Kei Wrote: this is assuming that S does actually beat it, which is debatable given the huge disparity in results that have been posted).

i want to point out (for the third time), most of the people who got bad results (heart and chups for example did not have a MF-H on the combo with S, most of those who got good results had a MF-H on the S

like i said before, the MF-H gives more balance by focusing weight to the center

Bluezee, again: i can not find my WD, is it fine if i use FS instead (FS has fairly good balance, much better then S/BS but a bit less then SD)
I had MF-H on both combos and I still proved S sucked. SD improved the combo
(Jul. 04, 2011  7:51 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I had MF-H on both combos and I still proved S sucked. SD improved the combo

IIRC it with S still got 60% win, which is still good IMO.

like you said, it just shows that basalt is better then hell in almost any combo