Semi Final 2 GFX Battle: Fyuuor Vs othellog

Entry 1. It's clean, nice, and has good text placement. Also, good render choice Wink
I personally like entry 2. The colors fit nicely and the background looks very cool.
Entry one. Everything blends, and the background is AMAZING
Entry 1. It has better quality, has a nice 3D effect, the colors blend well together. I don't like the coloring of Entry 2.
My vote goes to Entry 1.
Score check!

Entry 1: 20
Entry 2: 3
(Aug. 16, 2011  11:27 PM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  2:34 PM)Flaming Aries Wrote: I would vote 2 but there still keeping me two one and I don't really like the colors but it gets my vote

Are you voting for Entry 1 or 2? It isn't quite clear.

I am voting one sorry for the confusion Smile
No worries Joyful_3
I am voting for entrie 1 because the colors blend nice, the #D effect looks good, and nice choice of colors Tongue_out_wink
While each element in the first entry is smooth, there are way too many things in it. I really hope Ubuntu is not so damn complex and is not a mess to use.

For this reason, I vote for the second entry. Furthermore, Ubuntu's current site icons are closer to what is shown in the second entry.
(Aug. 17, 2011  2:31 AM)Kai-V Wrote: While each element in the first entry is smooth, there are way too many things in it. I really hope Ubuntu is not so damn complex and is not a mess to use.

For this reason, I vote for the second entry. Furthermore, Ubuntu's current site icons are closer to what is shown in the second entry.
Well, I'm on Linux Mint which is a distribution of ubuntu. It is not complicated at all. I really do prefer it over windows. Tongue_out
And for all the programs that aren't for Linux you can use a program called wine that lets you run programs from Windows and Mac. If you want to give it a try Kai-V I can give you a .exe that will dual-boot Linux on your computer. So that you can install Linux, but still have windows on you computer. Bottom line Linux is very easy to use, but using the terminal(basically command prompt) may take a while to learn,(but its really not that important to a new user.).
Lol, I just want more people to use Linux, or at least give it a try. Tongue_out
.exe link if you want it. Either one will work. Tongue_out
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer
http://wubi.sourceforge.net/
I agree with Kai-V here. I like Entry two better. It is simple, yet still very smooth and pleasing. Of course, Entry 1 is still cool, but it just has a bit too much for someone with terrible eyes like me. It kinda hurts to look at it.
Score check!

Entry 1: 21
Entry 2: 5

sorry for the constant checks its just that i have not checked them for a while XD
btw is ubuntu like windows? or is it a browser?
wow truely awesome entries both have used ubuntu os and both r awesome but i will vote for 1st entry cause of the text and c4ds which gave it 3d look if i has to choose a 2d than i might have choose 2nd . i note for entry 1
i vote entry 1. the back round is awesome and it fades great. i also like the 3d effect
(Aug. 17, 2011  1:54 PM)Xyo Wrote: sorry for the constant checks its just that i have not checked them for a while XD
btw is ubuntu like windows? or is it a browser?

Don't worry about the constant score check, I feel as though you've done them at appropriate times Joyful_3

Yep correct, Ubuntu is an OS just like Windows.
Ah thank you and i really like your entry its really nice
2. It looks so simple...
entry 2 dont know why but its good
Entry 2 is my vote. It's the colours I really like. It's so simple. Entry 1 has too much things popping out and it makes it messy.
no doubt entry 1. entry 1 is amazing, some of the best work i've ever seen from anybody. the amount of color and everything that's going on is unreal
I vote for entry 2.

Entry 1 - while a bit more graphically sophisticated - fails to adequately identify and promote the most important identifier: the word "Ubuntu".

Entry 2 clearly makes the name Ubuntu pop, and so it gets my vote.
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:41 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: I vote for entry 2.

Entry 1 - while a bit more graphically sophisticated - fails to adequately identify and promote the most important identifier: the word "Ubuntu".

Entry 2 clearly makes the name Ubuntu pop, and so it gets my vote.

Are you high or what? Seriously, you need to get your eyes checked. Entry One does that in spades, the text in Entry Two is horrendous. Plus, only "a bit more graphically sophisticated" is an enormous understatement and completely undersells the work which has gone into Entry One. You must be looking at the wrong sig, since the Entry One that I'm viewing is in another league compared to Entry Two.

My vote goes towards Entry One.

How is this even a competition? Entry Two is extremely lucky to have received as many votes as it has, and I think the artist of Entry Two knows this as well.
*facepalm* No matter in what form of art it is, there will always be varying opinions. Others may see things you can't in a piece of art. So please don't bash his. It's rather insulting to call him "high" or tell him he needs to get his eyes checked.
As much as there are varying opinions, there will also be informed opinions. I can tell you, that wasn't an informed opinion.

If you guys are this naïve towards GFX, I'm not sure I belong on this forum.