Seemingly weak combos that are actually good

Hey bladers!
As you know, Beybladeis a game... or sport to some........ that revolves around customization; Ex: Out of stock combo combos. Here are just some of my extraordinarily powerfull combos that just might shock you:

(Hasbro) Lightning Istrios stock combo; Getting the crazyest out of the way first, here's a link to a video that proves how crazy this bey was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DccrP0krV8U

(TT) Forneus, Heavy, Atomic; forget Emporer Drift, the atomic driver's free spinning makes the bey not only deadly, but elegant in the Slingshock, Railway, Blue and Battle Tower stadiums.

(TT AND without a god chip) Galaxy Zeutron, 4, Edge; To all that want to know why I think Edge is a good, yet also ok driver, this is the reason why... In this combo, he is able to use the offbalance to evive his balance. This guy was so powerfull that he one hit burst a hasbro Balkesh and BROKE a TT Buster Xcaliber (#Let_It_R.I.P)

(Hasbro) Surge Xcalius, 6, Sword; Just imagine the sheer brutality and agility that he witholds. Oh, and he has the offchance to act like Jormuntor from time to time... and yes, the actual Jormuntor/Jormagundo, not the anime Jormuntor/Jormagundo

(The rest is TT)

(Hand Spun) Salamander (Attack), 6, Blow; Making yet another appearence, the blow driver MAY beterrible, but with a keft spin bey, it cannot only change its stamina steal, but also the balance it has

Achelies, 10, Survive-S (Attack); Let's face it... Extend is a terrible driver in a non-slingshock stadium... Survive-S is a great substitute for it because of its speed control, stamina, zero-gravity stadium resistance and attack (Ok, I may have simulated the zero-gravity, but it was something that could perfectly simulate it, a BB-8 toy shell)

Last one and possibly the most outragus asidefrom Istrious (Remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DccrP0krV8U ) : Satomb, 2, Atomic; Forget about Cyclone Loop... He makes it Paradox Loop because of the brutal swiftness and sound of the attack. The Atomic driver makes an improvment on defence and attack as the 2 driver does not interfear with the free spinning wheels of Satomb

Thanks for reading and may the bey keep spinning... (Note: You may reply, but be carefull about the tonality and words.. one of my posts got closed because of it)
(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hasbro) Lightning Istrios stock combo; Getting the crazyest out of the way first, here's a link to a video that proves how crazy this bey was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DccrP0krV8U
Geist Fafnir isn't competitive. It's pretty weak actually, not offensive enough for KOs and far less effective at stealing spin that dF. I don't have Istrios but this still seems like a generally good matchup, not necessarily high power.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (TT) Forneus, Heavy, Atomic; forget Emporer Drift, the atomic driver's free spinning makes the bey not only deadly, but elegant in the Slingshock, Railway, Blue and Battle Tower stadiums.
I actually do wish Forneus was better, and although not competitively viable anymore it's not terrible either. I actually do support this one as an alright bey, although something heavier than Heavy would help.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (TT AND without a god chip) Galaxy Zeutron, 4, Edge; To all that want to know why I think Edge is a good, yet also ok driver, this is the reason why... In this combo, he is able to use the offbalance to evive his balance. This guy was so powerfull that he one hit burst a hasbro Balkesh and BROKE a TT Buster Xcaliber (#Let_It_R.I.P)
God beys must have a God Chip. It's required by tournament rules, and not using one is slightly weaker anyways.

Neither the Balkesh claim nor the Buster Xcaliber claim are really believable. One burst can easily be a fluke (I mean, I had Crash Ragnaruk.7C.Ds' one-shot burst Revive Phoenix.10.O, and then never got close in 19 more battles. Flukes happen, especially with bursts), and the Xcaliber line has several massive points of wear that can eventually lead to breakage. Breaks mostly seem to come from one part wearing out far more than another hitting it too hard anyways (although there are exceptions).

Edge is still one of the worst parts released. Just because one combination can overcome its weakness better than most doesn't mean you shouldn't prefer a part that doesn't have that weakness at all.

I do like Zeus/Zeutron more than many though, and 4 works well with it. This really just needs a better and possibly slightly aggressive Driver to really be good, since both Z2 and gZ have a mild amount of Attack power. With the movement of Orbit or Atomic, this could be frightening.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hasbro) Surge Xcalius, 6, Sword; Just imagine the sheer brutality and agility that he witholds. Oh, and he has the offchance to act like Jormuntor from time to time... and yes, the actual Jormuntor/Jormagundo, not the anime Jormuntor/Jormagundo
Sword has poor grip and is too tall for its own stability, and 6 is pretty heavily outclassed in terms of core disks. sX is pulling this combo into at least some level of decency through its brutal power level.

Dunno what you mean by the "act like Jormuntor" lines, unless your saying it spins in place somehow. If so you're entering an unstable stall, which isn't good for an all-out Attack driver like Sword. You're just burning stamina if that's what its doing, and that's not a good thing.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hand Spun) Salamander (Attack), 6, Blow; Making yet another appearence, the blow driver MAY beterrible, but with a keft spin bey, it cannot only change its stamina steal, but also the balance it has
I don't get how "shifting balance" helps, or even really what it means here. Either way, hS isn't really good at spin stealing and Blow kinda hinders that anyways, so... why? TT's hS is already meta-defining in strength. It doesn't need to settle for Blow's low stability. You already get hS on Blow' from Random Booster 13 (since its stock is hS.13.B'), and that was easily trounced by Wolborg, a Plastic Gen remake bey that should not stand a chance against Super-Z layers.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: Achelies, 10, Survive-S (Attack); Let's face it... Extend is a terrible driver in a non-slingshock stadium... Survive-S is a great substitute for it because of its speed control, stamina, zero-gravity stadium resistance and attack (Ok, I may have simulated the zero-gravity, but it was something that could perfectly simulate it, a BB-8 toy shell)
TT's Z Achilles isn't allowed to use Survive-S because of the intended lack of cross-compatibility. Its a neat idea, but way too loose to work. Might work better on Zephyr' for this sort of strategy.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: Satomb, 2, Atomic; Forget about Cyclone Loop... He makes it Paradox Loop because of the brutal swiftness and sound of the attack. The Atomic driver makes an improvment on defence and attack as the 2 driver does not interfear with the free spinning wheels of Satomb
Loop sucks so Atomic is a definite improvement over stock. 2 is alright, but Satan is just weaksauce for Defense overall and dropped out for Defense as soon as Blaze Ragnaruk came out. The rollers don't really do much and are hard to hit in general because they're blocked too badly by its own design. Really, Satan works better with a bit more aggression like a KO attacker, possibly striking some sort of balance between Attack and Defense. This just doesn't do that.[/quote]
(Feb. 18, 2019  5:47 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hasbro) Lightning Istrios stock combo; Getting the crazyest out of the way first, here's a link to a video that proves how crazy this bey was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DccrP0krV8U
Geist Fafnir isn't competitive. It's pretty weak actually, not offensive enough for KOs and far less effective at stealing spin that dF. I don't have Istrios but this still seems like a generally good matchup, not necessarily high power.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (TT) Forneus, Heavy, Atomic; forget Emporer Drift, the atomic driver's free spinning makes the bey not only deadly, but elegant in the Slingshock, Railway, Blue and Battle Tower stadiums.
I actually do wish Forneus was better, and although not competitively viable anymore it's not terrible either. I actually do support this one as an alright bey, although something heavier than Heavy would help.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (TT AND without a god chip) Galaxy Zeutron, 4, Edge; To all that want to know why I think Edge is a good, yet also ok driver, this is the reason why... In this combo, he is able to use the offbalance to evive his balance. This guy was so powerfull that he one hit burst a hasbro Balkesh and BROKE a TT Buster Xcaliber (#Let_It_R.I.P)
God beys must have a God Chip. It's required by tournament rules, and not using one is slightly weaker anyways.

Neither the Balkesh claim nor the Buster Xcaliber claim are really believable. One burst can easily be a fluke (I mean, I had Crash Ragnaruk.7C.Ds' one-shot burst Revive Phoenix.10.O, and then never got close in 19 more battles. Flukes happen, especially with bursts), and the Xcaliber line has several massive points of wear that can eventually lead to breakage. Breaks mostly seem to come from one part wearing out far more than another hitting it too hard anyways (although there are exceptions).

Edge is still one of the worst parts released. Just because one combination can overcome its weakness better than most doesn't mean you shouldn't prefer a part that doesn't have that weakness at all.

I do like Zeus/Zeutron more than many though, and 4 works well with it. This really just needs a better and possibly slightly aggressive Driver to really be good, since both Z2 and gZ have a mild amount of Attack power. With the movement of Orbit or Atomic, this could be frightening.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hasbro) Surge Xcalius, 6, Sword; Just imagine the sheer brutality and agility that he witholds. Oh, and he has the offchance to act like Jormuntor from time to time... and yes, the actual Jormuntor/Jormagundo, not the anime Jormuntor/Jormagundo
Sword has poor grip and is too tall for its own stability, and 6 is pretty heavily outclassed in terms of core disks. sX is pulling this combo into at least some level of decency through its brutal power level.

Dunno what you mean by the "act like Jormuntor" lines, unless your saying it spins in place somehow. If so you're entering an unstable stall, which isn't good for an all-out Attack driver like Sword. You're just burning stamina if that's what its doing, and that's not a good thing.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: (Hand Spun) Salamander (Attack), 6, Blow; Making yet another appearence, the blow driver MAY beterrible, but with a keft spin bey, it cannot only change its stamina steal, but also the balance it has
I don't get how "shifting balance" helps, or even really what it means here. Either way, hS isn't really good at spin stealing and Blow kinda hinders that anyways, so... why? TT's hS is already meta-defining in strength. It doesn't need to settle for Blow's low stability. You already get hS on Blow' from Random Booster 13 (since its stock is hS.13.B'), and that was easily trounced by Wolborg, a Plastic Gen remake bey that should not stand a chance against Super-Z layers.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: Achelies, 10, Survive-S (Attack); Let's face it... Extend is a terrible driver in a non-slingshock stadium... Survive-S is a great substitute for it because of its speed control, stamina, zero-gravity stadium resistance and attack (Ok, I may have simulated the zero-gravity, but it was something that could perfectly simulate it, a BB-8 toy shell)
TT's Z Achilles isn't allowed to use Survive-S because of the intended lack of cross-compatibility. Its a neat idea, but way too loose to work. Might work better on Zephyr' for this sort of strategy.

(Feb. 18, 2019  2:01 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: Satomb, 2, Atomic; Forget about Cyclone Loop... He makes it Paradox Loop because of the brutal swiftness and sound of the attack. The Atomic driver makes an improvment on defence and attack as the 2 driver does not interfear with the free spinning wheels of Satomb
Loop sucks so Atomic is a definite improvement over stock. 2 is alright, but Satan is just weaksauce for Defense overall and dropped out for Defense as soon as Blaze Ragnaruk came out. The rollers don't really do much and are hard to hit in general because they're blocked too badly by its own design. Really, Satan works better with a bit more aggression like a KO attacker, possibly striking some sort of balance between Attack and Defense. This just doesn't do that.
[/quote]

1. I'll admit, he isn't too competitive, but still....
2. Thanks for the suggustion, but I can't think about any metal that is in the design other than Heavy... exept 5, but 5 is lighter than Heavy
3. I'll edit this reply when it gets done, but i'll show how insane Galaxy was
4. What I mean is that it can stick to the center and act like a defence tipe, but has the off-chance of tiping over a little too far as a downfall
5. Is there a deffrence between (part) and (part)'? I don't really know, but i DO know there's a diffrence between 1 and 1' soooooo I meant the Blow driver found in single layers, 3rd class layers (A.k.a common such as Anubion, Behemoth, Minoboros, etc.), and most "out of stock replacments" from shipping
6. The video will include this combo
7. Meh, I think of it as this: Satomb's free spinning wheels are used as offence, the layer is light so it can use a stamina tactic (a.k.a no contact until stamina lowers), 2 has the least metal, so it cannot interfear with the contacts and Atomic is the MVP of all parts
(Feb. 19, 2019  10:39 PM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2019  5:47 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Geist Fafnir isn't competitive. It's pretty weak actually, not offensive enough for KOs and far less effective at stealing spin that dF. I don't have Istrios but this still seems like a generally good matchup, not necessarily high power.

Loop sucks so Atomic is a definite improvement over stock. 2 is alright, but Satan is just weaksauce for Defense overall and dropped out for Defense as soon as Blaze Ragnaruk came out. The rollers don't really do much and are hard to hit in general because they're blocked too badly by its own design. Really, Satan works better with a bit more aggression like a KO attacker, possibly striking some sort of balance between Attack and Defense. This just doesn't do that.

1. I'll admit, he isn't too competitive, but still....
2. Thanks for the suggustion, but I can't think about any metal that is in the design other than Heavy... exept 5, but 5 is lighter than Heavy
4. What I mean is that it can stick to the center and act like a defence tipe, but has the off-chance of tiping over a little too far as a downfall
5. Is there a deffrence between (part) and (part)'? I don't really know, but i DO know there's a diffrence between 1 and 1' soooooo I meant the Blow driver found in single layers, 3rd class layers (A.k.a common such as Anubion, Behemoth, Minoboros, etc.), and most "out of stock replacments" from shipping
7. Meh, I think of it as this: Satomb's free spinning wheels are used as offence, the layer is light so it can use a stamina tactic (a.k.a no contact until stamina lowers), 2 has the least metal, so it cannot interfear with the contacts and Atomic is the MVP of all parts
[/quote]

2. 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 8’ are all heavier than Heavy and all decent or better discs.

3. Just because it’s insane doesn’t make it good. Also, going without a God Chip is against the rules.

4. Defense types are specifically designed to not tip over when being attacked, so if yours does, it shouldn’t be considered a defense type.

5. A part with an apostrophe after is known as a dash part. Dash drivers have golden springs that have high burst resistances, so Blow is weaker than Blow’.

6. What video?

7. Discs are not large enough to ever touch an opponent unless the opponent has a short driver and you have a tall one, but even then disc to layer collision is rare.
(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 2. 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 8’ are all heavier than Heavy and all decent or better discs.
I know 5 is lighter than Heavy, but by about 0.2 grams. Stick any frame on it and it'll be heavier guaranteed, and have more Stamina besides.

00, 0, 7, and 10 in particular are the 4 heaviest disks out there and are usable in nearly any combo. Outside of that 4 and 5 are both excellent for Stamina and Defense, and 2 is decent as an all-around part with no real upsides or downsides for any combination.

I do not recommend 8 because it has been known to increase your burst risk, and although 8' is comparable and has a lower risk it's still not all that impressive. 3 weighs as much as Heavy without a frame, but has a high central weight distribution like Yell does, which kills Stamina and hinders Defense by dragging its spin speed down like that. Really, 3 is just unusable competitively.

[quote="Dt20000" pid='1498309' dateline='1550616113']3. Just because it’s insane doesn’t make it good. Also, going without a God Chip is against the rules.
This kid just has a thing for Edge for some reason, despite the fact that hundreds of tests have proven it useless beyond nearly every other driver in the game. If it's "insane" on Edge, think of how much better it could be on an actually good driver?

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 4. Defense types are specifically designed to not tip over when being attacked, so if yours does, it shouldn’t be considered a defense type.
This is mostly fact. Gigant Gaia was meant to be a Balance type with a ton of Attack and Defense potential that wobbled, but it also totally failed in its stock combo because, well, Quarter and Fusion mainly killing off its Stamina too quickly and generally just lacking any real Attack power. Wobbling in general is not a good strategy, as you're wasting exorbitant amounts of Stamina doing lopsided spins. Sieg Xcaliber was the only situation I know where a wobbler ever worked, and that was a risky means of Stationary Attack in and of itself in a combination like sX.1S.O.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 5. A part with an apostrophe after is known as a dash part. Dash drivers have golden springs that have high burst resistances, so Blow is weaker than Blow’.
Some people also call them "Prime" parts because it uses the same symbol for mathematical primes, but technically "dash" is the official term. As you said it's only a boost to the spring used to increase burst resistance, and therefore has only been released on Attack or offense-based Balance drivers (since doing so for Defense and Stamina drivers counters attack types too hard). The only 2 parts that have changed in these ' rereleases were Xtreme' and Hunter', both which feature softer, more powerful rubber compared to the norm.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 6. What video?
He said he was making a video showing us how "insane" Galaxy Zeus is. Just like Istros though, I don't think I'm really gonna find much here. Hasbro drivers are not meant to go on TT layers and are just way too loose, so it will have stupidly low burst resistance as a result on an aggressive layer that needs something better to stay together.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 7. Discs are not large enough to ever touch an opponent unless the opponent has a short driver and you have a tall one, but even then disc to layer collision is rare.
Sometimes you get disk frames colliding with things, but none of the disks themselves are actually a risk of hitting opponents directly until they burst. Even the infamously damaging 12 disk only damages things when it bursts off. Still doesn't do much to make Satomb good, as the rollers are basically never hit by anything as the design is both too rough for Defense but not angular enough for pure Attack.
(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 1. I'll admit, he isn't too competitive, but still....

2. 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 8’ are all heavier than Heavy and all decent or better discs.

3. Just because it’s insane doesn’t make it good. Also, going without a God Chip is against the rules.

4. Defense types are specifically designed to not tip over when being attacked, so if yours does, it shouldn’t be considered a defense type.

5. A part with an apostrophe after is known as a dash part. Dash drivers have golden springs that have high burst resistances, so Blow is weaker than Blow’.

6. What video?

7. Discs are not large enough to ever touch an opponent unless the opponent has a short driver and you have a tall one, but even then disc to layer collision is rare.
[/quote]

1. There's no 1 soooooooooooo
2. You sure? I own 2,3,4,5 and 10... they are equally weighted if not lighter...
3. Aye, the rules.... I made this combo and the god chip fell out, the god chip made it worse so I decided not to use it at all............ of corse, I won't bring THIS guy to a tornement, but still...... he's good on outside-official-battles.
4. They fall over when they run out of stamin- Jk. Salamander is the perfect example for this; Suppose that you're battling an attack type with salamander in defence-defence of offence-defence (Form of those was: Layer, tip). Your combo is so heavy or so great at attacking that it's an one hit spin finnish... and before anyone says "It's not that easy" Operate-S is basically Orbit with an attack mode... it's easy to K.O Orbit in one shot, why not Oprate? (Oh, and I did go agenst my friend who has operate and yes, it was easy to one-hit K.O it)
5. Ok, thanks
6. The video I stated earlyer "3. I'll edit this reply when it gets done, but i'll show how insane Galaxy was" sorry for confusing ya  Pinching_eyes_2
7. The new ones like 10,11,12,13 and 14 (If there's a 15, 15) are large enough to collide with the bey in slingshock mode (If, of corse the other bey is both shorter AND is not in a slingshock mode) I tested this once in a visit with my friend and, well, it was a result. Also, when Surge Xcalius and Buster Xcaliber are closer to a burst, the tip slowly extends as if it could burst at any second; With this in mind, the layer and Metal are over it, so the metal and layer are "higher", thus making both the metal and layer attack at once.

(Feb. 20, 2019  2:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 2. 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 8’ are all heavier than Heavy and all decent or better discs.
I know 5 is lighter than Heavy, but by about 0.2 grams. Stick any frame on it and it'll be heavier guaranteed, and have more Stamina besides.

00, 0, 7, and 10 in particular are the 4 heaviest disks out there and are usable in nearly any combo. Outside of that 4 and 5 are both excellent for Stamina and Defense, and 2 is decent as an all-around part with no real upsides or downsides for any combination.

I do not recommend 8 because it has been known to increase your burst risk, and although 8' is comparable and has a lower risk it's still not all that impressive. 3 weighs as much as Heavy without a frame, but has a high central weight distribution like Yell does, which kills Stamina and hinders Defense by dragging its spin speed down like that. Really, 3 is just unusable competitively.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 3. Just because it’s insane doesn’t make it good. Also, going without a God Chip is against the rules.
This kid just has a thing for Edge for some reason, despite the fact that hundreds of tests have proven it useless beyond nearly every other driver in the game. If it's "insane" on Edge, think of how much better it could be on an actually good driver?

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 4. Defense types are specifically designed to not tip over when being attacked, so if yours does, it shouldn’t be considered a defense type.
This is mostly fact. Gigant Gaia was meant to be a Balance type with a ton of Attack and Defense potential that wobbled, but it also totally failed in its stock combo because, well, Quarter and Fusion mainly killing off its Stamina too quickly and generally just lacking any real Attack power. Wobbling in general is not a good strategy, as you're wasting exorbitant amounts of Stamina doing lopsided spins. Sieg Xcaliber was the only situation I know where a wobbler ever worked, and that was a risky means of Stationary Attack in and of itself in a combination like sX.1S.O.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 5. A part with an apostrophe after is known as a dash part. Dash drivers have golden springs that have high burst resistances, so Blow is weaker than Blow’.
Some people also call them "Prime" parts because it uses the same symbol for mathematical primes, but technically "dash" is the official term. As you said it's only a boost to the spring used to increase burst resistance, and therefore has only been released on Attack or offense-based Balance drivers (since doing so for Defense and Stamina drivers counters attack types too hard). The only 2 parts that have changed in these ' rereleases were Xtreme' and Hunter', both which feature softer, more powerful rubber compared to the norm.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 6. What video?
He said he was making a video showing us how "insane" Galaxy Zeus is. Just like Istros though, I don't think I'm really gonna find much here. Hasbro drivers are not meant to go on TT layers and are just way too loose, so it will have stupidly low burst resistance as a result on an aggressive layer that needs something better to stay together.

(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 7. Discs are not large enough to ever touch an opponent unless the opponent has a short driver and you have a tall one, but even then disc to layer collision is rare.
Sometimes you get disk frames colliding with things, but none of the disks themselves are actually a risk of hitting opponents directly until they burst. Even the infamously damaging 12 disk only damages things when it bursts off. Still doesn't do much to make Satomb good, as the rollers are basically never hit by anything as the design is both too rough for Defense but not angular enough for pure Attack.
1. Wait... no 1 again?
2. No comment...
3. Well, I DO have a little consideration for Edge, but again, the weight from the metal balls will make it gain it's balance ba- oh, i forgot that Slingshock Zeus has no metal balls... Oops
4. No comment... again....
5. No comment... for the third time
6. Yep, but my camera's dead soooooo......
7. Right... my thoughts exatcly (No seriously, my thoughs exactly) Aaaaaaaaaand I guess my satomb is new so the wheels are WAY too good at free spinning soooooooo...
uhh horusood armed press (Hasbro)

this combo actually did pretty good surprisingly against some of my switchstrike beys
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2019  11:41 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: 1. I'll admit, he isn't too competitive, but still....

6. What video?

1. There's no 1 soooooooooooo
2. You sure? I own 2,3,4,5 and 10... they are equally weighted if not lighter...
3. Aye, the rules.... I made this combo and the god chip fell out, the god chip made it worse so I decided not to use it at all............ of corse, I won't bring THIS guy to a tornement, but still...... he's good on outside-official-battles.
4. They fall over when they run out of stamin- Jk. Salamander is the perfect example for this; Suppose that you're battling an attack type with salamander in defence-defence of offence-defence (Form of those was: Layer, tip). Your combo is so heavy or so great at attacking that it's an one hit spin finnish... and before anyone says "It's not that easy" Operate-S is basically Orbit with an attack mode... it's easy to K.O Orbit in one shot, why not Oprate? (Oh, and I did go agenst my friend who has operate and yes, it was easy to one-hit K.O it)
5. Ok, thanks
6. The video I stated earlyer "3. I'll edit this reply when it gets done, but i'll show how insane Galaxy was" sorry for confusing ya  Pinching_eyes_2
7. The new ones like 10,11,12,13 and 14 (If there's a 15, 15) are large enough to collide with the bey in slingshock mode (If, of corse the other bey is both shorter AND is not in a slingshock mode) I tested this once in a visit with my friend and, well, it was a result. Also, when Surge Xcalius and Buster Xcaliber are closer to a burst, the tip slowly extends as if it could burst at any second; With this in mind, the layer and Metal are over it, so the metal and layer are "higher", thus making both the metal and layer attack at once.

(Feb. 20, 2019  2:38 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

1. Wait... no 1 again?
2. No comment...
3. Well, I DO have a little consideration for Edge, but again, the weight from the metal balls will make it gain it's balance ba- oh, i forgot that Slingshock Zeus has no metal balls... Oops
4. No comment... again....
5. No comment... for the third time
6. Yep, but my camera's dead soooooo......
7. Right... my thoughts exatcly (No seriously, my thoughs exactly) Aaaaaaaaaand I guess my satomb is new so the wheels are WAY too good at free spinning soooooooo...
[/quote]

1/2. They are all heavier, and 1 is weak and doesn’t do as well as the others.
4. What?
7. There are no 14 or 15s, and discs very rarely contact other layers. Also, 12 can destroy stadiums.
Dang, I wish I knew enough to fully understand and appreciate those customizations because honestly, they sound super wicked
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 1. There's no 1 soooooooooooo
I had nothing to say. My point had already been made, and even you seemed to realize that.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 2. You sure? I own 2,3,4,5 and 10... they are equally weighted if not lighter...
A few are slightly lighter than Heavy, like 5 for example, but it's by incredibly minute amounts (in 5's case, around 0.2 grams of weight according to the wiki). Any disk frame (something which all of these combos are missing for some reason? I get Heavy not having one since its not compatible, but everything else too?) will bump it over the weight of Heavy with ease, and generally provide better Stamina while maintaining the same level of Defense.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 3. Aye, the rules.... I made this combo and the god chip fell out, the god chip made it worse so I decided not to use it at all............ of corse, I won't bring THIS guy to a tornement, but still...... he's good on outside-official-battles.
Still would be better on something more stable than Edge. As I said earlier, better to not have a weakness at all than fight hard to fill the hole that weakness provides.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 4. They fall over when they run out of stamin- Jk. Salamander is the perfect example for this; Suppose that you're battling an attack type with salamander in defence-defence of offence-defence (Form of those was: Layer, tip). Your combo is so heavy or so great at attacking that it's an one hit spin finnish... and before anyone says "It's not that easy" Operate-S is basically Orbit with an attack mode... it's easy to K.O Orbit in one shot, why not Oprate? (Oh, and I did go agenst my friend who has operate and yes, it was easy to one-hit K.O it)
I'm having troubles even understanding this, because boy does this not make much sense. If I'm not misreading it though, you're basically saying Operate is just like Orbit? Totally false, but I can sorta see where you're getting that from? Maybe? If I squint really hard?

Anyways, drivers like Orbit and Atomic have a lot of movement when launched hard. This makes them defensively weak right at the start, and Attack types can often knock 'em into pockets with minimal effort in this state, Often times high-level players will launch these kinds of drivers a bit lighter to try and minimize or negate this high spin movement to improve defensive utility. Even then Defense is not impenetrable, so you may occasionally lose even with the advantage.

Operate, on the other hand, doesn't lock into Defense mode, and that can let the base move and make the thing wobble and lose stability and fall over far sooner as a result. Wobbling just doesn't work however. Operate in Attack mode occasionally gets a fluke win, but it's through sheer luck, not power.

What DT said isn't entirely accurate though: Defense types may tip, but they don't wobble. Wobbling is strictly Anti-Defense and Anti-Stamina, even though TT tries with Gigant Gaia anyways.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 5. Ok, thanks
You're welcome.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 6. The video I stated earlyer "3. I'll edit this reply when it gets done, but i'll show how insane Galaxy was" sorry for confusing ya  Pinching_eyes_2
Eeyup, that's what I said.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 7. The new ones like 10,11,12,13 and 14 (If there's a 15, 15) are large enough to collide with the bey in slingshock mode (If, of corse the other bey is both shorter AND is not in a slingshock mode) I tested this once in a visit with my friend and, well, it was a result. Also, when Surge Xcalius and Buster Xcaliber are closer to a burst, the tip slowly extends as if it could burst at any second; With this in mind, the layer and Metal are over it, so the metal and layer are "higher", thus making both the metal and layer attack at once.
Slingshock is an iffy thing to bring up. It exists, but by golly the height on those things is always a negative due to the ease which they get knocked off-kilter at those heights, so making them that tall to make this work isn't good for your combos anyways.

Neither Sieg/Surge Xcaliber nor Buster Xcaliber can expand their sword for a final blow. Sieg has no moving parts whatsoever to expand with (and can't break the laws of physics to summon extra material to expand its blade with), and Buster Xcaliber's sword will be out as far as possible if its sword is unlocked at all times (a little thing called "centrifugal force" at work, constantly pulling it to the outside). Sounds like an Anime thing to me, not real life.

The weight distribution of the disk below does matter a bit so credit there, but it's not as big of a thing as the anime makes it out to be. There's no "4 blades lined up together" attack IRL, although it may be a little more optimized in attacking with its points of mass lined up. The difference doesn't really matter much because Buster Xcaliber is just too weak overall, although Sieg was excellent.

(Feb. 21, 2019  2:06 AM)brandbrick Wrote: uhh horusood armed press (Hasbro)

this combo actually did pretty good surprisingly against some of my switchstrike beys

I do have a thing for Horusood actually. I've been known to spend time disassembling everything and making random combinations to see how well they work, and I've had Horusood surprise me twice so far with (Hasbro) Horusood Gravity Guard and with (TT) Horusood 0Meteor Planet. Both of them made it through a lot further than I expected, with a solid amount of Defense to them.

H.G.Gr stood up against a TT D2, which was banned until God because it was too strong, and it was on a combo I thought would shut down Horusood with ease (although I sadly don't recall the combo). I had just gotten the Hasbro Horusood at this time, and I was surprised at that unexpected power from a "weak, unusable layer".

H.0M.Pl ended up facing off against a variety of decently strong Stamina tand Attack types and managed on both outspinning them and not bursting under the weighty bulk of 0Meteor and Planet combined (although it did get the better of my 2 Planet drivers, which helped). It won through sheer mass as a nearly impenetrably wall before eventually getting taken down in the quarterfinals to G2.0F.Q, which managed on knocking it out of the stadium for the win 3 times straight. G2.0F.Q eventually took 2nd overall, losing only to U.S.Y (which somehow outperformed its mate U.4.Y, same except for the improved disk).
(Feb. 21, 2019  3:40 AM)Forrest07 Wrote: Dang, I wish I knew enough to fully understand and appreciate those customizations because honestly, they sound super wicked

Well, I guess a few of them are bad... but they are good; I tested them agenst all the left spin beys I own (Balkesh, Brutal AND Nightmare Longinus, Salamander and Giest Fafnir) and most of them won

Hmm... never thought about that.. I have to give it a try

(Feb. 21, 2019  3:52 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 1. There's no 1 soooooooooooo
I had nothing to say. My point had already been made, and even you seemed to realize that.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 2. You sure? I own 2,3,4,5 and 10... they are equally weighted if not lighter...
A few are slightly lighter than Heavy, like 5 for example, but it's by incredibly minute amounts (in 5's case, around 0.2 grams of weight according to the wiki). Any disk frame (something which all of these combos are missing for some reason? I get Heavy not having one since its not compatible, but everything else too?) will bump it over the weight of Heavy with ease, and generally provide better Stamina while maintaining the same level of Defense.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 3. Aye, the rules.... I made this combo and the god chip fell out, the god chip made it worse so I decided not to use it at all............ of corse, I won't bring THIS guy to a tornement, but still...... he's good on outside-official-battles.
Still would be better on something more stable than Edge. As I said earlier, better to not have a weakness at all than fight hard to fill the hole that weakness provides.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 4. They fall over when they run out of stamin- Jk. Salamander is the perfect example for this; Suppose that you're battling an attack type with salamander in defence-defence of offence-defence (Form of those was: Layer, tip). Your combo is so heavy or so great at attacking that it's an one hit spin finnish... and before anyone says "It's not that easy" Operate-S is basically Orbit with an attack mode... it's easy to K.O Orbit in one shot, why not Oprate? (Oh, and I did go agenst my friend who has operate and yes, it was easy to one-hit K.O it)
I'm having troubles even understanding this, because boy does this not make much sense. If I'm not misreading it though, you're basically saying Operate is just like Orbit? Totally false, but I can sorta see where you're getting that from? Maybe? If I squint really hard?

Anyways, drivers like Orbit and Atomic have a lot of movement when launched hard. This makes them defensively weak right at the start, and Attack types can often knock 'em into pockets with minimal effort in this state, Often times high-level players will launch these kinds of drivers a bit lighter to try and minimize or negate this high spin movement to improve defensive utility. Even then Defense is not impenetrable, so you may occasionally lose even with the advantage.

Operate, on the other hand, doesn't lock into Defense mode, and that can let the base move and make the thing wobble and lose stability and fall over far sooner as a result. Wobbling just doesn't work however. Operate in Attack mode occasionally gets a fluke win, but it's through sheer luck, not power.

What DT said isn't entirely accurate though: Defense types may tip, but they don't wobble. Wobbling is strictly Anti-Defense and Anti-Stamina, even though TT tries with Gigant Gaia anyways.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 5. Ok, thanks
You're welcome.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 6. The video I stated earlyer "3. I'll edit this reply when it gets done, but i'll show how insane Galaxy was" sorry for confusing ya  Pinching_eyes_2
Eeyup, that's what I said.
(Feb. 21, 2019  1:21 AM)Grimlock_Ollie Wrote: 7. The new ones like 10,11,12,13 and 14 (If there's a 15, 15) are large enough to collide with the bey in slingshock mode (If, of corse the other bey is both shorter AND is not in a slingshock mode) I tested this once in a visit with my friend and, well, it was a result. Also, when Surge Xcalius and Buster Xcaliber are closer to a burst, the tip slowly extends as if it could burst at any second; With this in mind, the layer and Metal are over it, so the metal and layer are "higher", thus making both the metal and layer attack at once.
Slingshock is an iffy thing to bring up. It exists, but by golly the height on those things is always a negative due to the ease which they get knocked off-kilter at those heights, so making them that tall to make this work isn't good for your combos anyways.

Neither Sieg/Surge Xcaliber nor Buster Xcaliber can expand their sword for a final blow. Sieg has no moving parts whatsoever to expand with (and can't break the laws of physics to summon extra material to expand its blade with), and Buster Xcaliber's sword will be out as far as possible if its sword is unlocked at all times (a little thing called "centrifugal force" at work, constantly pulling it to the outside). Sounds like an Anime thing to me, not real life.

The weight distribution of the disk below does matter a bit so credit there, but it's not as big of a thing as the anime makes it out to be. There's no "4 blades lined up together" attack IRL, although it may be a little more optimized in attacking with its points of mass lined up. The difference doesn't really matter much because Buster Xcaliber is just too weak overall, although Sieg was excellent.

I do have a thing for Horusood actually. I've been known to spend time disassembling everything and making random combinations to see how well they work, and I've had Horusood surprise me twice so far with (Hasbro) Horusood Gravity Guard and with (TT) Horusood 0Meteor Planet. Both of them made it through a lot further than I expected, with a solid amount of Defense to them.

H.G.Gr stood up against a TT D2, which was banned until God because it was too strong, and it was on a combo I thought would shut down Horusood with ease (although I sadly don't recall the combo). I had just gotten the Hasbro Horusood at this time, and I was surprised at that unexpected power from a "weak, unusable layer".

H.0M.Pl ended up facing off against a variety of decently strong Stamina tand Attack types and managed on both outspinning them and not bursting under the weighty bulk of 0Meteor and Planet combined (although it did get the better of my 2 Planet drivers, which helped). It won through sheer mass as a nearly impenetrably wall before eventually getting taken down in the quarterfinals to G2.0F.Q, which managed on knocking it out of the stadium for the win 3 times straight. G2.0F.Q eventually took 2nd overall, losing only to U.S.Y (which somehow outperformed its mate U.4.Y, same except for the improved disk).

1. ok
2. Meh, I did something where I got the same bey top and tip but used diffrent middles... 5 won, but it was WAY more agile and lighter than Heavy... as for 13,10 and 11, they were heavyer and took the center more often... but they lost SOMETIMES
3. Well, dang... I forgot to mention that this combo is better with absorb......... in the video, I try to make an impression that it was a mistake, but i just forgot to include it
4. I have to say that it was difficult to understand and that Operate differs from Orbit a little *ahem, inhale* What I ment to say was that both are free spinning ball points with the extent of a cylender. Operate can and cannot be free spinning due to the fact that attack mode exists... but still. and with the "defence-defence offence-defence" quote I said, I meant to say that the layer is offence but the tip is defence or both the layer and tip are defence... it cannot work for defence top, offence tip because the offencive movment will cause not only off balance and a shortage in stamina, but it mainly means that it could be considered as an attack type... sorry for the missunderstanding
5. Ok
6. The video isn't posting... my phone's doing this weird thing where all videos are "invalad to post to youtube"
7. Slingshock may decrease stamina and defence, but it DOES increase speed, agility, stamina attack, burst attack, ring-out attack, and balance sooooooooooooo.... and yes, it is a downgrade in a non-slingshock stadium such as blue or starstorm, but try these three things: 1. Use each slingshock tip you own on any god middle and top of your choosing (Without a frame), battle up to 3 points using any non-modded stadium of your choice; 2. use two beys to have a contact comparisson (Put them side by side, stanging up AND parallel to see what kind of collision would be caused) and 3. In both of these, take note of how you think the beys' performance will be.
Brandbrick's reply: (Jeez, I have to search up the numbers and letters only combos) *ahem, inhale* Horusood is an exelent bey what not his blade count (how many blades there are on a top), His arrow-dynamic (Barely gets affected by wind) form, and his light-weight top
However, Horusood is one of if not thee least agile and offencive bey to use (in the dual-layer system) and his defence depends entirely on stamina and weight (If you are a defence or stamina tactic user, i 100% respect that, but I do make attack types that are so great at attack that I call them "Peirce types"; I'll make a thread about it)
Dt20000 MagikHorse

He never said he was going to take this to a tournament? It’s just for fun...

Not too mention the current meta would definitely beat these, so it wouldn’t even be worth trying.
(Feb. 25, 2019  11:13 PM)Armor Wrote: Dt20000 MagikHorse

He never said he was going to take this to a tournament? It’s just for fun...

Not too mention the current meta would definitely beat these, so it wouldn’t even be worth trying.

ok...
L2.12.Ds.
NL. B. Jolt (hasbro)
(Mar. 14, 2019  8:19 AM)Dragon born Wrote: L2.12.Ds.
NL. B. Jolt (hasbro)

L3.B.Jl-S is a reasonable combo. xtreme has more control but the size of jolt makes it more aggressive. The width of L3 makes it hard to get the steep angles for flower patterns but it has the grip and speed to be powerful.
Use mG 10 bering It is Good
Just a fun looking combo is
BJ. 8U.Orbit
(Apr. 28, 2019  11:06 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Cheeto? (Horusood spread edge)
What do you mean!? It shouldn’t be a question! Cheeto is the best BEYBLADE!
Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite'.