Scythe Kronos T125RS

(Jan. 13, 2012  4:47 PM)Uwik Wrote: It is entirely posssible.

If you have the parts, would you mind doing this test? MF-H LDragoDestroy BD145 RF/MF?

(Standard procedure)
Scythe Kronos T125RS VS MF-H L-Drago Destroy BD145R2F
(RS slightly aggressive)

@ absorb mode:
Scythe wins 14/20 (70%, 2 KOs)
L-Drago wins 6/20 (30%, all KO)

@ attack mode:
Scythe wins 19/20 (95%, 3 KOs)
L-Drago wins 1/20 (5%, 1 KO)

Scythe Kronos T125RS VS MF-H L-Drago Destroy BD145MF
(RS slightly aggressive)

@absorb mode:
Scythe wins 18/20 (90%, 3 KOs)
L-Drago wins 2/20 (10%, 1 KO)
2 draws

(Attack mode seemed hopeless, so I'm not testing it.)

When Scythe was taking the first few strong hits, L-Drago was circling around Scythe, this is how those KOs were done.

As I said when I started the thread, the "wings" of Scythe is very defensive.
(Jan. 13, 2012  3:59 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Some time ago I had made the point that I consider RS to be the only true Defense tip and that it would be my only choice if I knew ahead of time that I would be facing an attacker using an RF variant.

The results above are pretty much in line with testing that I have done, and are exactly why I feel so strongly about RS - it works great for defense!

RDF is pretty close now though, and has slightly better stamina!

Anyway, on topic, this combo is pretty decent, however, scythe is so nicely balanced that it can effectively use RS on BD145 and maintain good stamina. As in, MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS is OS'd by MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF, and MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145RS isn't, so BD145 might be a better choice. Scythe in general is pretty underrated defensively, it just needs to use more defensive tips than CS to do the job, and considering CS is the least defensive tip we use for defense, I don't think that's so bad.
(Jan. 14, 2012  4:23 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2012  3:59 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Some time ago I had made the point that I consider RS to be the only true Defense tip and that it would be my only choice if I knew ahead of time that I would be facing an attacker using an RF variant.

The results above are pretty much in line with testing that I have done, and are exactly why I feel so strongly about RS - it works great for defense!

RDF is pretty close now though, and has slightly better stamina!

Anyway, on topic, this combo is pretty decent, however, scythe is so nicely balanced that it can effectively use RS on BD145 and maintain good stamina. As in, MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS is OS'd by MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF, and MF-H Scythe Kronos BD145RS isn't, so BD145 might be a better choice. Scythe in general is pretty underrated defensively, it just needs to use more defensive tips than CS to do the job, and considering CS is the least defensive tip we use for defense, I don't think that's so bad.

I agree with you that Scythe is generally underrated on defense, but won't BD145 combos being self-KO'd facing tall track opponents?
Would you mind posting your test results? Smile
I did some testing my self . The standard procedure.
VariAres85R2F (left spin) vs Scythe KronosT125RS (stamina mode)

Scythe Kronos win 5/20 (15%)
VariAres win 15/20 (75%)

Vari actually some times would go nearly to outspin scythe anyway I think any low attacker can ko it beacause it does not go to hit the free spinning pc frame
The results keep on changing every now and then.
Now what's this with DragoonMF's tests?!
Such low win rates all of a sudden? Yes, I did expect LTACs to defeat this, but never saw them as something that would suppress this...
As for the other tests against L Drago Destroy, that again, is contrary to what Uwik told me... Uwik said that L Drago Destroy would do better against this combo; but it seems to do worse in comparison to attackers used previously. Confused
Where's you, Uwik? I need to know more of this now...
I'm sure that my tests seem strange but I must tell I cannot make Ldrago destroy BD145RF to make any ko . I was impressed myself of my own tests but I think the pc frame makes the difference for an high attacker. Like VariAres R145RF.
No, your tests aren't strange; the changing results are strange. Sometimes the combo does well, other times it doesn't. A VariAres was unable to defeat this before, but being put upon a low track, it suddenly killed this combo...
So, if this combo is actually so weak against LTACs (the most common form of Attack), then probably it is not the best choice in a tourney situation. A whiff of inconsistency enshrouds this combo, IMO(?)
As for L Drago Destroy, Uwik said that a heavy attacker that makes use of the 'push method' may defeat this.
And that's the reason why I want a few more questions to be answered. I would have loved to see Uwik test this combo himself(so that all I could understand what he is/was trying to tell me), but unfortunately, he is quite ill... Unhappy
I get the point of what your saying . Some testing of ldrago destroy would not upset me Uncertain
OK, I used a combo similar to this back in October 2011 in a WBO tournament. MF-H Scythe Cancer 85 RS, which I was completely mauled by MF-H LDrago Destroy BD145 RF (0-3) in two separate occasions.

http://www.facebook.com/BeybladeFightClu...1010412392

*like the page to see the video. Titled Octoberfest. The first battle was mine.

To be honest, I don't think using T125 is going to improve the combo. If anything, it probably makes it worse. 125 is an awkward height for a defensive bey. 145 attackers might get some smash / force smash. 85 attackers will get some Upper Smash or smash. It's probably the worst height for both worlds.

DragoonMF: Scythe's PC frame does absorb some impact, I broke 1 testing this against VariAres R145. Which is why it's great against 145 smash attackers.

Now, I've done my fair share of tests for MF-H Scythe Cancer 85 RS, and truthfully, I stand by my claims. It's a niche anti meta combo which does well only against smash attackers, yet loses to pretty much everything else. This is beyblade, nothing is set in stone. If it works for cangjieuser with T125, then good for him.
Well, thanks for the explanation, Uwik! Smile
So the spin track isn't the best choice for this combo after all...
th!nk did make mention of the use of BD145, but yeah.
BD145 would put off LTACs for the most, while high track combos won't be as problematic.
Hey wait, I just noticed...
This combo doesn't even have an MF?!
Then just how could it stay around against such powerful attackers?! Chocked_2
Scythe Kronos T125RS (Stamina Mode) VS. VariAres R145RF (Left Spin)

Scythe Kronos T125RS Win Rate: 85% 17/20
VariAres R145RF Win Rate: 15% 3/20
Yo, if you're going to do tests do you mind doing my benchmark test? (Perhaps a different combo would be best? Meh)
On Uwik's recommendation, I'll like to request these tests-
Scythe Kronos T125RS VS. Phantom Cancer AD145WD
Should you not own Phantom-
Scythe Kronos T125RS VS. Basalt Aquario AD145WD
Uwik Thanks for the vid I saw the battle and now I'm going to go test this
Lol, I just looked at the video again. That was the one on RSF. I had the one on RS last, but wasn't recorded. Same result pretty much though.
Ok I did not think this would be so boring
The standard procedure
Phantom Cancer AD145WD(stamina mode) VS Scythe Kronos T125RS (stamina mode)
Phantom wins 20/0 (100%)
Scythe wins 0/20 (0%)
I'm not surprised phantom outspins this easily and the difference is a lot
Well, thanks for the tests, DragoonMF. Smile
But if you don't mind, I wish to see the tests from cangjieuser only.
I DID mention many times that Scythe should always be in attack mode:\
And, it's defense type anyway, why testing it against stamina types?

Standard procedure
Scythe Kronos T125RS VS Phantom Cancer AD145WD
(RS slightly aggressive, WD brand new)

VS Phantom in stamina mode
Scythe wins 7/20 (35%, all KO)
Phantom wins 13/20 (65%, all OS)

VS Phantom in attack mode
Scythe wins 8/20 (40%, all KO)
Phantom wins 12/20 (60%, all OS)

What's happening here, is Phantom was destabilized and falling onto Scythe, then KO'd by the PC frame.

(Jan. 14, 2012  1:35 PM)DragoonMF Wrote: I did some testing my self . The standard procedure.
VariAres85R2F (left spin) vs Scythe KronosT125RS (stamina mode)

Scythe Kronos win 5/20 (15%)
VariAres win 15/20 (75%)

Vari actually some times would go nearly to outspin scythe anyway I think any low attacker can ko it beacause it does not go to hit the free spinning pc frame

Standard procedure
Scythe Kronos T125RS VS MF-H VariAres 85R2F
(RS slightly aggressive)
@left spin
Scythe wins 10/20 (50%, 8 KOs)
VariAres wins 10/20 (50%, all KO)
10 draws Chocked_2
Tbh, I really don't find the PC Frame so highly important...
It may absorb hits, but KO a bey?! What are you talking about?! Chocked_2
As for your results, they seem decent; but quite different from what was observed before. Yes, the slightly aggressive RS would have caused the KOs, but otherwise, even that win rate of 35-40% is too much for a Scythe against a Phantom. Then again, as I said, the controlling factor here has to be the slightly aggressive RS.
As for your VariAres testing, on the previous page, DragoonMF's tests showed a period of complete "VariAres Domination".
I wonder what's with this thread, as both you and DragoonMF seem to get completely opposite results. :\
But yeah, I am 100% sure that its with your RS's condition; and if not that, then probably your Scythe is heavier than normal...
(Jan. 16, 2012  9:38 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Tbh, I really don't find the PC Frame so highly important...
It may absorb hits, but KO a bey?! What are you talking about?! Chocked_2
As for your results, they seem decent; but quite different from what was observed before. Yes, the slightly aggressive RS would have caused the KOs, but otherwise, even that win rate of 35-40% is too much for a Scythe against a Phantom. Then again, as I said, the controlling factor here has to be the slightly aggressive RS.
As for your VariAres testing, on the previous page, DragoonMF's tests showed a period of complete "VariAres Domination".
I wonder what's with this thread, as both you and DragoonMF seem to get completely opposite results. :\
But yeah, I am 100% sure that its with your RS's condition; and if not that, then probably your Scythe is heavier than normal...

Phantom suffers from recoil when against lower opponents, which is why it was KO'd by Scythe.

The thing I don't know is if my Scythe is heavier, as I don't have any thing to weigh it, but its not quite possible, as I bought that here in Hong Kong.
My RS is no aggressive and it has probably less grip and for the scythe I weighted mine and its 37.1 . My WD is slightly worn so probably it has more grip than the brand new one
this is a great combo i put it up against some left spin combos pretty darn good
I have 2 rs: one from hasbro grand cetus and one from rbv7. The hasbro rs is made of extremely soft rubber. I obtained it before getting the rs from the rbv7 and I still notice a very large difference in results. The hasbro was fairly agressive right out of the box and its much harder to ko than the rbv7 one. I'll do some comparative tests between the 2 to see if rs condition is really the case.
Meow!
Thanks I really would like to see your testing