Scythe Discussion

I think it does best on BD145 Wink but IMO kronos is the best CW for this .
I agree with Rusty, and I think it also does best with EDS. I have not thoroughly tested with WD, but when I did Scythe Kronos BD145WD vs. Hell Kerbecs BD145WD, it didn't do as well as it did with EDS.
Well, unless scythe works in boost mode, I'd think eds's height would be advantageous, no?
Scythe does no work in Boost Mode, but the interesting this is BD145 is very close the Scythe, and there is almost no space between Scythe and the Disk, making it act similar to Boost Mode with the Fly Wheel effect. If you get Scythe and put BD145 on, you will understand what I mean.
Yes that is completely true as scythe overhangs the Track so BD145 and Scythe are like 1mm apart which is great and EDS height makes it even better , i would have to say that Scythe Kronos(stamina)BD145EDS is my favorite stamina combo at the moment Grin
I guess bd145's weight and distribution help, but surely the scraping should be an issue? Could I ask for testing of it against mfh basalt kerbecs 230cs (kerbecs oriented so there's a gap between two chains over the staircase), and basalt kerbecs/aquario bd145cs, if possible?

I really appeciate your work testing, I know it's hard, I wouldn't usually ask so much but it's a promising wheel I don't have yet. Smile Feel free to tell me to gtfo though Smile
(Jun. 23, 2011  9:29 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Ok here are the results
Scythe Bull T125D vs Basalt Bull T125D
Scythe wins 3 (1 OS , 2 KO)
Basalt wins 17 (All KO)

I don't no whether these results were good or bad i mean if you forget about the win rate and focus only on the OS scythe does well but basalt continuously KO'ed it which is sad because the 1 time there was no Ko's scythe won.

same thing try mf-h
On which and why? Please, try to be clearer.
Ok here are the results but after this gtfo ! jks i am fine with testing
before i post the results i would just like to say my CS has worn down alot now and isn't as agressive it doesn't even touch the tornado ridge which is great Grin
Scythe Kronos (stamina) BD145EDS VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Scythe wins : 4
Basalt wins 11 [1ko]
Basalt kept knocking scythe off balance but most of the time i did not scrape just lost spin velocity thus being outspun , i do not have time for the BD145 tests right now so i will post them later Grin
Argh, stamina still aint looking viable. If it can't beat basalt 230 reliably, it's kinda pointless. Still, if it can beat bd145, it would still be useful. Thanks so much for the testing, I really appreciate it :"
awesome tests seems a simple stamina wheel can finally beat hell+BD145WD haha also if anyone has availability to TH170 then please test
scythe kronos/bull(stamina)TH195EDS VS Hell kerbecs BD145WD
and
scythe kronos/bull(stamina)TH195EDS VS MF-H basalt bull 230CS
thanks.
(Jun. 25, 2011  3:29 AM)RustyXD Wrote: I think it does best on BD145 Wink but IMO kronos is the best CW for this .

everything "does best" on BD145

(Jun. 25, 2011  6:56 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Scythe Kronos (stamina) BD145EDS VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS
Scythe wins : 4
Basalt wins 11 [1ko]

Maybe try this again with Scythe Kronos using CS instead?
Ok then kei try flame or Killer on BD145 Wink

I do not have 2 CS's , but EDS does really well in the combo Scythe Kronos BD145EDS , just not against that particular combo.
(Jun. 25, 2011  8:35 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Ok then kei try flame or Killer on BD145 Wink

I do not have 2 CS's , but EDS does really well in that combo , just not against that particular combo.

they'll still suck, but they'll be better, trust me

Could you try Scythe Kronos BD145WD vs. Hell Kerbecs BD145WD? This would be a better gauge of it's Stamina abilities than using BD145EDS vs. BD145WD like you did earlier.
The problem with that is the scraping issue caused by BD145WD, which is why we don't use it for other stamina combo's usually, there aren't good enough tall tips, though EDS presents that. I wish W2D had turned out like it looked in the leadup to it's release: Really Tall. But no.

Hence, I don't think it's that fair, to be honest, Scythe BD145's main weakness is scraping, on WD it will just do that. Obviously, Scythe Kronos BD145EDS vs Hell Kerbecs BD145EDS would be ideal, but given no one has two Scythe Kronos' yet, we can't really do that Uncertain
(Jun. 25, 2011  8:54 AM)th!nk Wrote: The problem with that is the scraping issue caused by BD145WD, which is why we don't use it for other stamina combo's usually, there aren't good enough tall tips, though EDS presents that.

Ah yeah, I totally forgot about that. My bad.
hahah ok then try flame ad145wd vs flame bd145wd Wink

Scythe Kronos BD145D vs Hell Kerbecs BD145D
Scythe wins : 6 [1 ko]
hell wins: 9

I used D because it scrapes less then WD. Scythe would slightly scrape sometimes but nothing unusual . the OS were by a few seconds .

EDIT: Wow i missed alot forgot to refresh the page Grin
Hmm, surprisingly decent. Really wondering about Hell Kerbecs BD145EDS vs Scythe Kronos BD145EDS. I mean, as your EDS testing, Hell EDS vs Hell WD went 50/50, it might be the same, but yeah, I'm curious, just to see which is actually "better".

It IS looking like I should buy this. On the upside, I'll have Money next week, seeing as the doc thinks I'm well enough to work again (albeit starting lightly).
(Jun. 25, 2011  9:28 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hmm, surprisingly decent. Really wondering about Hell Kerbecs BD145EDS vs Scythe Kronos BD145EDS. I mean, as your EDS testing, Hell EDS vs Hell WD went 50/50, it might be the same, but yeah, I'm curious, just to see which is actually "better".

It IS looking like I should buy this. On the upside, I'll have Money next week, seeing as the doc thinks I'm well enough to work again (albeit starting lightly).

Perhaps we could discuss Hell Kerbecs BD145EDS in the EDS topic right now we are kind of focusing on EDS.
Not really, I'm just saying that as a comparison of Scythe Kronos to Hell Kerbecs.
Hmmm... Decent results! Um, I was just thinking, why don't we use AD145 track with Scythe? Even AD145 is top tier, right? BD145 isn't all that great for Stamina IMO, unless its in Boost mode...
Rusty's done most of the testing and he lacks it. BD145 seems to work well as EDS prevents it scraping. It's got an excellent weight and distribution for stamina, it's great for rotational inertia and all that (as is most weight not focused on the axis of rotation (Metal faces). It's only issue is scraping, which EDS helps.
(Jun. 25, 2011  12:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Rusty's done most of the testing and he lacks it. BD145 seems to work well as EDS prevents it scraping. It's got an excellent weight and distribution for stamina, it's great for rotational inertia and all that (as is most weight not focused on the axis of rotation (Metal faces). It's only issue is scraping, which EDS helps.

Ah, OK. Well, so its only scraping, then... Still, whoever might own it, I think AD145 is worth to test... We might at least get a rough idea about its Stamina capabilities, because so far, Scythe hasn't done well in that attribute... Eee
Hasn't done well it beat burn , and hell bd145wd although scythe had EDS on it.
Yeah, it's done well. Not well enough to be properly viable with basalt around so far (though, if it can beat basalt bd145, then yeah, it's done it's job of bringing back stamina).