Screw Discussion

GaleForce & Ultimate
Wow, you guys are really cynical. If you don't test an idea, you can't say "Oh yeah, It sucks," or "Oh yeah, it rocks!"

Dark does seem like it might upper attack with the little teeth around the edge a little. Plus, I don't think upper is intended to yield explosive KOs, more just weaken the spin of the opposing bey (which might make it really good in hasbro stadiums).

lord Wolfblade Shutting up now.
(Mar. 20, 2011  3:09 AM)Themailman Wrote: Wow, you guys are really cynical. If you don't test an idea, you can't say "Oh yeah, It sucks," or "Oh yeah, it rocks!"

though i do agree with you, screw's slopes are not really the right kind of slopes for upper attack

edit: Themailman: posted before your edit
I don't see why they aren't. Look very similar to Ultimate Dragon except not as long.
Explain to me how any upper can be used with a track like R145 deflecting it?
(Mar. 20, 2011  3:12 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2011  3:09 AM)Themailman Wrote: Wow, you guys are really cynical. If you don't test an idea, you can't say "Oh yeah, It sucks," or "Oh yeah, it rocks!"

though i do agree with you, screw's slopes are not really the right kind of slopes for upper attack
How so? Any slope that is steep enough/tall enough should be able to get upper attack. Besides, I don't claim "It's the greatest upper attacker ever!!" I just think that MF Screw _____ 85WF might be a POTENTIALLY good upper attack combo, that is all. I mean, if we are trying to find a viable use for Screw, why not give it a whirl?
Hey, are you blaming me? I didn't say anything that mentioned your combo was bad. I was just saying Midnight is better for upper attack than screw. If you want me to post test results, I am willing to do that. I never said that your combo was bad!
I am not blaming you, I am merely condemning close mindedness. Unless you have conclusive proof that my combo (or any combo) is not as good/bad, you should not say so, which I am 90% sure you did not, so no I am not blaming you for anything.....Unless you did something EVIL!!!!
(Mar. 20, 2011  3:22 AM)Themailman Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2011  3:12 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:

How so? Any slope that is steep enough/tall enough should be able to get upper attack. Besides, I don't claim "It's the greatest upper attacker ever!!" I just think that MF Screw _____ 85WF might be a POTENTIALLY good upper attack combo, that is all. I mean, if we are trying to find a viable use for Screw, why not give it a whirl?
i know that you never said that it will be the best upper ever, but look at the slope

http://www.beyblade-colosseum.com/img/c2_24.jpg

as you can see the first slope is short and kinda rounded, the second slope is super short and would be hard to get under the opponent as the first slope is in the way
What the %*&^ Why did you write "welcome" up here in Screw Discussion.

The slope isn't that suited for upper attack as you can see on Wolfblade's post. See midnight's slope? http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=h...29,r:9,s:0 <------- Now that's what I call a good slope.
They both look about the same to me...... Anyway! Nice results Oki! Quality thread, hope we get a good combo out of it. Thank you! GOODNIGHT!!!!!
I do believe screw has uppper attack pottential as well as flame ( I know people are going to hate on me for that) Vulcan ,gravity, lightning and to some extent pegasis all have good upper attack
Flame? Explain further on that. The ones you listed all have upper attack potential.
this discussion reminded me of this thread
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Uppe...ight=upper
(maybe you can continue there)
i believe all the wheels listed in that thread have upper, but gravity's slopes are way to small for upper, and flame has no slopes at all <- offtopic
Has any one notice that Srew looks like a backwards version of Storm? It could be the reason to why it's not good.
(Apr. 01, 2011  7:11 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Has any one notice that Srew looks like a backwards version of Storm? It could be the reason to why it's not good.

I've kind of noticed that it's similar to Storm in that way.
Also, is MF kind of loose or free spinning like ES or is it solid like RF?
(Apr. 01, 2011  7:16 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2011  7:11 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Has any one notice that Srew looks like a backwards version of Storm? It could be the reason to why it's not good.

I've kind of noticed that it's similar to Storm in that way.
Also, is MF kind of loose or free spinning like ES or is it solid like RF?

its deinatly not free spinning, its a metal version of F
It's solid like RF.
RF isn't solid, they come loose. But MF seems to stay in place (though I think some people have broken them with excessive downwards force when launching).
Also, the metal seems to wear ever so slightly at the edges (it's worth noting the metal TT use for tips isn't THAT strong, my MS wore down severely using it on concrete (not much of a waste, though, tbh)), and also, does tend to collect tiny bits of gunk on it's surface after multiple uses.

That said, your question belongs in Metal Flat Discussion.

This annoys me, firstly, I can see where you're coming from with the looking like storm backwards, but it's not really that much like it. Also, Storm isn't particularly bad used in reverse, more recoil, more smash, IIRC.

MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH: Screw isn't bad. It's one of the better right spin attack wheels, probably third or fourth best, not counting gravity (hell and vulcan are better, Rock might be better in some cases, I think)

PLEASE go back and look at the results, I got excellent results in my testing (which was against RS-tipped beys), and other members tests have been pretty positive too.
As much as I doubt it'll be much use now with hell and basalt around, neither is vulcan. I'd say that screw is probably better than Pre-HWS Pegasis (haven't used my pegasis in a while). What happened was that there were so many new releases, particularly hell and basalt, that screw just got forgotten about/ignored. You could say that it got SCREW-ed over Cool (*YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!*)

Also, going back to some ancient posts, in my tests, I still recall Screw showing rather noticeable upper attack. It threw a beyblade further than I've ever seen a beyblade fly. Maybe it's upper smash, but man, it lift stuff and throws it. I should really use the combo more (I still have it together). It didn't always do this, but it's more upper than I've seen on anything else.

Also, I don't know if we weighed screw yet, but it's actually pretty damn heavy. Not Basalt or Hell heavy, but it's no lightweight. Those are serious chunks of metal on its sides.
(Apr. 01, 2011  7:44 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: RF isn't solid, they come loose. But MF seems to stay in place (though I think some people have broken them with excessive downwards force when launching).
Also, the metal seems to wear ever so slightly at the edges (it's worth noting the metal TT use for tips isn't THAT strong, my MS wore down severely using it on concrete (not much of a waste, though, tbh)), and also, does tend to collect tiny bits of gunk on it's surface after multiple uses.

This annoys me, firstly, I can see where you're coming from with the looking like storm backwards, but it's not really that much like it. Also, Storm isn't particularly bad used in reverse, more recoil, more smash, IIRC.

MORE IMPORTANTLY THOUGH: Screw isn't bad. It's one of the better right spin attack wheels, probably third or fourth best, not counting gravity (hell and vulcan are better, Rock might be better in some cases, I think)

PLEASE go back and look at the results, I got excellent results in my testing (which was against RS-tipped beys), and other members tests have been pretty positive too.
As much as I doubt it'll be much use now with hell and basalt around, neither is vulcan. I'd say that screw is probably better than Pre-HWS Pegasis (haven't used my pegasis in a while). What happened was that there were so many new releases, particularly hell and basalt, that screw just got forgotten about/ignored. You could say that it got SCREW-ed over Cool (*YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!*)

Also, going back to some ancient posts, in my tests, I still recall Screw showing rather noticeable upper attack. It threw a beyblade further than I've ever seen a beyblade fly. Maybe it's upper smash, but man, it lift stuff and throws it. I should really use the combo more (I still have it together). It didn't always do this, but it's more upper than I've seen on anything else.

Also, I don't know if we weighed screw yet, but it's actually pretty damn heavy. Not Basalt or Hell heavy, but it's no lightweight. Those are serious chunks of metal on its sides.

Didn't know that there was a metal flat discussion. Read this wrong and thought it was the whole bey in its entirety. My apologies. Thanks for the answer though!
(Apr. 01, 2011  7:44 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: RF isn't solid, they come loose. But MF seems to stay in place (though I think some people have broken them with excessive downwards force when launching).

I didn't mean to say it was bad, just going by what somebody told me.. I actually think that all metal wheels are good, but I don't want to use my Screw wheel until I get another copy.
Screw really needs a CW that properly exposes it's slopes, the best I've found is pisces, it's only upward protrusions are well away from the slopes.

There ARE bad MW's (Hi thar, Poison, and most of the legend series) but Screw isn't one of them. It's better than Ray, without a doubt.
In my opinion ketos is a viable option as well.
No, definitely not ketos.
Match the shape and number of prongs/protrusions.

---------------
@MeteorKing-
I've noticed some wheels can get pretty darn close, but it kind of gets deceiving with recoil.
Some wheels can lift the other beyblade, but smash KO in the same battle. That's pretty deceiving also.
So, I don't think it's really possible to claim that a wheel has upper attack in MFB. And that's because the thickness of the wheels make it inconsistent.
BUT, like what I wrote at the beginning of my post to you, and MF l drago 90 WF, I think that's the closest upper attack can get in MFB.
Especially with the weight of some of the new metal wheels, they're even harder to lift.
Exactly, it's always going to be upper smash, but this is strooong upper smash. Matching the shape doesn't matter (though if a 3 sided wheel woth clearance like pisces was released, I'd use that instead), clearance is ethe important thing. For example, gemios, while it looks like it gives clerance on vulcan, in fact has it's plastic "heads", in the way of vulcans huge smash parts. Horuses gives good clearance, and from what I can tell, byxis should too. The whole "cw choice means nothing for atk" may be relevant to storm and ray, but when it can block impact areas, you want to be careful with what you choose.
(Apr. 01, 2011  11:35 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Screw really needs a CW that properly exposes it's slopes, the best I've found is pisces, it's only upward protrusions are well away from the slopes.

There ARE bad MW's (Hi thar, Poison, and most of the legend series) but Screw isn't one of them. It's better than Ray, without a doubt.

um maybe could Horoguim expose the upper force as due to the the CW is going on a down slope???