Science thread

(Dec. 17, 2020  6:58 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  6:41 PM)Piplup Person Wrote: Any questions regarding science?

What is consciousness

It’s being in a state of awareness, but if you’re talking about from a sense neurology I’m going to be honest I don’t know
Okay, here it goes:
In mitotic cell division, why does the duplication of the amount of genetic material in chromosomes NOT mean doubling the number of chromosomes?
Been trying to figure it out for two weeks now, any ideas?
(Dec. 17, 2020  6:28 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: your a nerd? I am not a nerd but I have a's and b's only so I am smart
I mean, you don’t have to brag about it. Some of us might not.
I do science but I don't believe in science
Has evolution been proven yet? My teacher at my new school teaches it like it’s a definite fact and marks us wrong if we say otherwise.
I am not bragging
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:04 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Okay, here it goes:
In mitotic cell division, why does the duplication of the amount of genetic material in chromosomes NOT mean doubling the number of chromosomes?

Well, the DNA is the genetic material which is doubled then compressed down into chromatin and then chromosomes so yes, the chromosomes are being doubled.
I think Evolution is a fact, and a theory
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:07 PM)PeppzieCola Wrote: I think Evolution is a fact, and a theory

You really believe that?
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:06 PM)Piplup Person Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:04 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Okay, here it goes:

Well, the DNA is the genetic material which is doubled then compressed down into chromatin and then chromosomes so yes, the chromosomes are being doubled.

Okay I'm confused. Our science book says in Interphase, it doubles the amount but not the number.
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:08 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:06 PM)Piplup Person Wrote: Well, the DNA is the genetic material which is doubled then compressed down into chromatin and then chromosomes so yes, the chromosomes are being doubled.

Okay I'm confused. Our science book says in Interphase, it doubles the amount but not the number.

The amount would be the number so therefore the number of chromosomes in the mother cell is doubled. I would recommend asking your teacher if you’re still confused.
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:13 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Just one thing: Its the BigBang Theory

So?
My brain is very confused about the BigBang Theory
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:20 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: My brain is very confused about the BigBang Theory

what do u not understand abotu THE BIG BANG
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:27 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Everything actually

what do u want me to explain? What part of it?
(Dec. 17, 2020  7:28 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: That whole Supernova thing

Basically a hell lot of forces occurred at one spot and caused a Big Bang which caused a supernova
How the big bang begun? If energy isn't created, just transformated how it begun? And the matery, how it was created?
Just one word: Cells

That is what Im learning Smile
Science = Kaboom?
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:06 PM)UnionDragon007 Wrote: Science = Kaboom?

Hmm maybe?
(Dec. 17, 2020  8:08 PM)Free... Hoya Wrote: Don't believe in the big bang

Huh? Why not?