School Schedules

(Aug. 26, 2008  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: I wanted to get into Yearbook SO BADLY. But 44 people applied, and I was not one of the ones who was randomly chosen.

I know how you feel bro Unhappy
A Day:

Geometry
P.F.D.
English 2 Pre-AP
Debate

B Day:

Chemistry
World History
Health
Drawing 2
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:50 AM)Artie Wrote: why do you all only have 4 classes WTF

Block scheduling, 4 classes a day.
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:50 AM)Artie Wrote: why do you all only have 4 classes WTF

I had this in High School as well man.

Its not our fault you go to some crazy carp conservative religious school. lol
how long are your days?

i have carp six classes
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:53 AM)Artie Wrote: how long are your days?

i have carp six classes

My days are from 8:05am to 2:30pm

i have carp six classes

Around 7 hours

i have carp six classes

I had 7 in highschool. It wasn't that bad honestly. College is nicer with only 4 or 5 depending on what you want to take.
mine are from 8-2:48 (though i get there early, sigh)

how long are your guy's periods? that may be the reason. my times vary each day...but the longest they can be is 47 minutes and the shortest like 30
As seen before, 8:43 AM-2:50 PM. My classes usually run at an hour and a half.
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:57 AM)Artie Wrote: mine are from 8-2:48 (though i get there early, sigh)

how long are your guy's periods? that may be the reason. my times vary each day...but the longest they can be is 47 minutes and the shortest like 30

In block scheduling the courses are usually an hour and a half long each. At least, that's how it was when I was in High School.

We had 4 classes at an hour and a half each, then one final class that was like 45 mins. The last class was mostly just like a study hall though.
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:58 AM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:57 AM)Artie Wrote: mine are from 8-2:48 (though i get there early, sigh)

In block scheduling the courses are usually an hour and a half long each. At least, that's how it was when I was in High School.

We had 4 classes at an hour and a half each, then one final class that was like 45 mins. The last class was mostly just like a study hall though.

WOW eff that

i cant carp stand staying in a class for 47 minutes, let alone 90
My classes are 90min save for Spanish which alternates 90min and 50min days.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have a 3 hour class. haha
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:59 AM)Artie Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  3:58 AM)Roan Wrote:

WOW eff that

i cant carp stand staying in a class for 47 minutes, let alone 90

My classes are over an hour long each
(Aug. 26, 2008  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: I wanted to get into Yearbook SO BADLY. But 44 people applied, and I was not one of the ones who was randomly chosen. It was a two credit course as well (one period each semester).

Hmm what's Yearbook?

i have carp six classes

I have to take public bus between my high school and my university because I'm having classes at both. Also, I tend to end at 6+. Generally speaking, students locally wake around 6 or so to get to school, which usually starts around 7+. The average dismissal time would be around 4+, but that's where additional supplementary classes usually start.

I think, comparing Asian schools to American schools, the idea of "long school days" is very different.

(Aug. 26, 2008  3:57 AM)Artie Wrote: how long are your guy's periods? that may be the reason. my times vary each day...but the longest they can be is 47 minutes and the shortest like 30

Most schools keep it neatly in either 45 minute slots or 1 hour slots. I've never heard of 47 minute slots O_O isn't that REALLY untidy?
In Ontario my periods were 70 minutes, 4 classes a day. Speechless
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:12 AM)Nic Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  2:30 AM)Kei Wrote: I wanted to get into Yearbook SO BADLY. But 44 people applied, and I was not one of the ones who was randomly chosen. It was a two credit course as well (one period each semester).

Hmm what's Yearbook?

It's exactly what you'd think it to be. You and the rest of your class produce the Yearbook for that school year. If you are enrolled in the class, you have one period of it every semester (because it's the YEARbook, obviously). The other name for it is "Visual Arts, Information/Consumer Design". And considering I want to be some sort of graphic designer in the future, not being chosen for this course is a huge disappointment (stupid computers!).

(Aug. 26, 2008  10:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: In Ontario my periods were 70 minutes, 4 classes a day. Speechless

Same here, for the most part.
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: In Ontario my periods were 70 minutes, 4 classes a day. Speechless

what
so school was only 4 hours and 40 minutes?
seems pretty short
(Aug. 26, 2008  8:00 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:

what
so school was only 4 hours and 40 minutes?
seems pretty short

We have lunch and stuff :o

What kind of school did you go to? I go to a private school and we're at 90 minutes or abouts per class, and I live in Toronto...
I live in Connecticut and I got 4 classes a day 82 min each.
with lunch and class changes.

I got
Spainish 3
Civics (2'd semester)
Anatomy and Physiology
Pre-cal
Gym (1st semester)
Piano (2'd semester after gym)
English
Chemestry
Psychology 2

I'm a Junior in High school if ya didn't know <.<
I'll be taking a Japanese course, Biology 2, Bio Lab, Intro to Philosophy, and an English course this semester. Looking forward to it and not at the same time.
(Aug. 26, 2008  7:03 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:12 AM)Nic Wrote:

Hmm what's Yearbook?

It's exactly what you'd think it to be. You and the rest of your class produce the Yearbook for that school year. If you are enrolled in the class, you have one period of it every semester (because it's the YEARbook, obviously). The other name for it is "Visual Arts, Information/Consumer Design". And considering I want to be some sort of graphic designer in the future, not being chosen for this course is a huge disappointment (stupid computers!).
No appeal?