Scavenger Hunt 2016: HUGE MFB lot, golden Burst Beys, and more!

2016 isn't complete without a new Scavenger Hunt to celebrate the World Beyblade Organization's 8th anniversary!

What's a WBO Scavenger Hunt? You'll find below a list of challenges to do and random questions to answer. Depending on how many of those tasks you did properly or answered correctly, you rank your score among all other participants and the Members with the highest scores win prizes! However, even if you don't have enough for a physical prize, it's almost guaranteed that you will win Face Boosters!

To add points to your score, send a private message to Kai-V with the proof of your achieved tasks. Please follow these rules though:
- Try to limit the number of messages you send. Wait until you are able to submit a few things at once rather than sending multiple small private messages.
- Make sure to search thoroughly before submitting your answers.
- Play fair, don't share your answers with other players!

For now, there are no limits to the number of attempts you can make, and you will receive a reply validating or invalidating your answers. Depending on how many entries are submitted, this could change.

A scoreboard will be posted at least once midway into the Scavenger Hunt period, to let you gauge how many more points you should try to gain to reach a good position for prizes compared to other participants. You have until January 14th 2016 11:59:59 PM EST to send the proof of your achievements and your answers. Anything sent after that deadline will not count even if the task was technically done beforehand. 

Here are the goods this year!

Prizes

Here are the prizes you can win if you reach the top of the scoreboard!

• 1st Place: Tri's MFB Collection + B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1 Full Set + free Bit Booster

• 2nd Place: Gold God Bey Zillion Zeus.M.V + B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + free Bit Booster

• 3rd-4th Places: Booster Dragoon S.W.X Gold Aniki Ver. + B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + free Bit Booster

• 5th Place: B-66 Starter Lost Longinus.N.Sp + B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + free Bit Booster

• 6th-7th Places: Booster Dranzer S.S.T + B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + free Bit Booster

• 8th Place: B-61 Random Booster Vol. 4 + free Bit Booster

That's the list... for now!

As you can see, the exclusive Bit Booster VIVID [Image: faceboostervivid.png] is back on this special occasion, and you can get one if you can gather at least 8 points in this Scavenger Hunt!

Additionally, once you've gathered 3 points at least, you will automatically receive one of the marvelous Anniversary Bits 2016!

[Image: Anniversary-Bit-2016-Taka-Ver.png] [Image: Anniversary-Bit-2016-Fumi-Ver.png]

That's right, you will randomly receive either of these Taka and Fumi versions and you can trade with another person's version later on if you want!

Even if you can't reach the top 10, don't worry, you can also exchange your points for Bit Boosters! Here's what's needed:

These Bit Boosters will cost 5 points each.  
And you can get the following for 7 points each:  
Everyone can obtain Bit Boosters as long as you have enough points, even if you are in the top 10 and that you are already gettting a free Bit Booster with your prize!

Goals & Questions

Below is the pool of tasks you must try to do and questions you have to search answers for:

• Host or participate in at least one approved tournament (4 Points)
  • Submit a photo of four or more people playing Beyblade with a sign reading “Happy Anniversary WBO!” (3 Points)
  • Write a usable draft for a part not already published on Beyblade Wiki (2 Points – unlimited)
  • Write a detailed tournament report for Beyblade Wiki — click here for an example. (4 Points – unlimited)
  • Share a Beyblade Wiki article in a relevant context (requires proof such as a screenshot) (1 Point)
  • Share a BeyChannel video in a relevant context (requires proof such as screenshot) (1 Point)
  • Receive an additional, new Bit (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Which Face Contest received the lowest number of entries? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Which Face Contest received the most entries? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Name at least 4 entities we collaborated with in the past 8 years. (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Name all sprites we used as forum icons.  (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: What is many Bladers' favorite song for Beyblade AMVs? (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on the WBO's Instagram account: Which of our Instagram posts has the most likes? (1 Point)
    Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Whose writing was the color of Yggdrasil? (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: What had Anubis gifted Bey Brad? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Who built a real-life Cyber Dranzer? (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on Beyblade Wiki: Which three articles were the most visited in November 2016? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on Beyblade Wiki: What is Kai and Dranzer's unlucky number in the anime? (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Who created Beyblade? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: This composer for Bakuten Shoot Beyblade also worked on an infamous Japanese RPG. (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Which WBO Committee member has been on the team the longest? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on Beyblade Wiki: As of November 2016, what single letters are yet to be used for Forge Discs? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on Takafumi Adachi's websites: When did Metal Fight Beyblade author Takafumi Adachi switch to illustrating digitally? (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on Takafumi Adachi's websites: When asked the question “Is Ryuuga alive or dead?” by fans, how did Metal Fight Beyblade author Takafumi Adachi respond? (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on Takafumi Adachi's websites: Which Metal Fight Beyblade characters did author Takafumi Adachi say were his favorite to draw? (1 Point)
  • Write a poem about Beyblade. (1 Point) For more points, sing/rap/recite with some passion this poem in a video and share it on social media! (2 Points)
  • Draw your favorite Beyblade character and share your drawing on social media. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video of you trying to explain Beyblade customization to a kid younger than 5 years old. (2 Points) If you can and if you're game, add a segment right after where you try to do the same thing but to an adult. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video to YouTube of you doing a trick with a Beyblade. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video to YouTube of how  your Beyblade collection is stored. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video to Youtube showing your experience at an Official WBO Organized Play Event and post it on the WBO and share it on social media (requires proof such as a screenshot, minimum length: 2 minutes). (3 Points)
  • Upload a video to Youtube showcasing a complete BeyBattle from an Official WBO Organized Play Event with commentary from you/players regarding the match-up/outcome on the video or in the post. Post it on the WBO and share it on social media (requires proof such as a screenshot). (3 Points)
  • Share your best memory of Beyblade on social media and tag the @worldbeyblade.org page in your post. (1 Point)
  • Share your best memory of the World Beyblade Organization on Facebook and tag the World Beyblade Organization page in your post. (1 Point)
  • Tweet @worldbeyblade about your favorite feature on our brand new website! (1 Point)
  • Upload a video to YouTube where you talk about one of your best memories of the World Beyblade Organization and share it on social media. (2 Points)
  • Post a tournament report in the appropriate event thread or in the WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts topic. (2 Points)
  • Submit a BeyChannel-ready tournament video to the WBO. Details on how to do so can be found here (Limit: one video per tournament. If you collaborate with another member in editing/shooting footage, you can split the points). (4 Points)
  • Draw fanart of Taka and Fumi and post it in the Taka & Fumi topic. (2 Points)
  • Write a new bio for your profile of at least 50 words, excluding links. (1 Point)
  • Post a holiday-themed Beyblade photo and post it in the Photo Gallery thread (1 Point) on Instagram tagged #worldbeyblade. 1 Point) Not celebrating a holiday? Every day is Beyblade day.

For prizes and questions alike, we will probably add more before the end of the deadline, so stay tuned for easy ways to win even more prizes!

We wish you the best of lucks in your road to the treasures awaiting you!

Happy Anniversary!
Whoa whoa whoa ! Glad to have the WBO back

I'll surely participate. The new design of this forum is interesting
Now let's read everything that I missed Grin
Im excited that there are so many ways to het points this year! Site looks great, cant wait to see where this leads to.
Ah rip, you guys got rid of the find the face bolt...
That was my favorite part. Unhappy
(Dec. 14, 2016  8:42 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Ah rip, you guys got rid of the find the face bolt...

It was too risky to do this when we were building the new website at the same time. haha
Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2016  8:42 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: Ah rip, you guys got rid of the find the face bolt...

It was too risky to do this when we were building the new website at the same time. haha

We should have a new flash challenge though, so keep your eyes open for those after the site's uptime is more regular hah.
That is a giant pile of Beyblades... Thanks Tri!
Awesome! Will definitely participate. Smile Thanks to everyone to made this possible.
i honestly want 5th place more than anything lol can't wait to participate
(Dec. 14, 2016  10:02 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: i honestly want 5th place more than anything lol can't wait to participate

Actually there were some issues when editing the announcement post: it showed the incorrect list of prizes hah. The post now reflects the order that was meant. I hope to see you aim for no less than top place now hahah.
I'm not giving up my unopened RBV1 set for anyone less than the best, after all.
yeah now im gonna do everything on that list lol. hope this tourney in Philly works out
Don't have any good MFB stuff so I'm aiming for #1!!!!!!1!
Looks so much fun! Totally going to participate in this!

But I have few questions.

Can you do one task only one time, or multiple times?
Like example that drawing task, where you need to draw your favourite Beyblade character, so can you draw only one or multiple characters?
(and if you can draw multiple characters, do you still get just that 2 points?) Just thinking because I have way too many fav characters from Beyblade. :'D

"Draw fanart of Taka and Fumi and post it in the Taka & Fumi topic."
Do you need to draw both of them, or can you just draw  one of them?

Also how you can tell that the drawing/picture/poem/whatever, is really made by that person?
Is it needed to put  WBO username in the picture/drawing or what?
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:31 AM)SharinganBlader Wrote: Looks so much fun! Totally going to participate in this!

But I have few questions.

Can you do one task only one time, or multiple times?
Like example that drawing task, where you need to draw your favourite Beyblade character, so can you draw only one or multiple characters?
(and if you can draw multiple characters, do you still get just that 2 points?) Just thinking because I have way too many fav characters from Beyblade. :'D

"Draw fanart of Taka and Fumi and post it in the Taka & Fumi topic."
Do you need to draw both of them, or can you just draw  one of them?

Also how you can tell that the drawing/picture/poem/whatever, is really made by that person?
Is it needed to put  WBO username in the picture/drawing or what?

Ah well it only counts for points once. We do expect you to have only one truly favourite character, for instance hah. If someone was to, however, write awesome articles for multiple tournaments for Beyblade Wiki, then we might consider giving them more points. Officially though, the rule is that you can only get the points for a task once.

Yes, there should indeed be a mark somewhere relating to your username. We are usually very good at finding cheaters anyway.
I'd like to shout out Tri for donating his MFB collection. MFB beyblades are harder to come by these days, especially if your looking for some of the more competitive pieces. It's insane he is giving away his collection for first place. Hopefully I'll get the chance to participate in this scavenger hunt a bit, I could use some things to expand my burst collection a bit.
(Dec. 15, 2016  12:43 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I'd like to shout out Tri for donating his MFB collection. MFB beyblades are harder to come by these days, especially if your looking for some of the more competitive pieces. It's insane he is giving away his collection for first place. Hopefully I'll get the chance to participate in this scavenger hunt a bit, I could use some things to expand my burst collection a bit.

Indeed, big thank you @[Tri] — it was extremely generous. He reached out to me a few months ago asking if we could use his collection in a giveaway, and we couldn't think of a better time than this!
(Dec. 14, 2016  11:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Don't have any good MFB stuff so I'm aiming for #1!!!!!!1!

try me. YOU WONT BEAT ME!!!!!! nah jk good luck to all. I already got started
What if I already had done some of these goals? Does it count?
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:29 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: What if I already had done some of these goals? Does it count?

Which ones in particular? I wouldn't count them towards these though, since the ones you achieved weren't in direct response to the Scavenger Hunt.
(Dec. 15, 2016  4:55 AM)Cannon Wrote: Which ones in particular? I wouldn't count them towards these though, since the ones you achieved weren't in direct response to the Scavenger Hunt.
For instance, hosting a tournament and submitting a video for the BeyChannel?
(Dec. 15, 2016  5:03 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: For instance, hosting a tournament and submitting a video for the BeyChannel?

The goal of the Scavenger Hunt is to achieve the goals within the timeframe of the WBO Anniversary, so we can't do that unfortunately. 

Also, if we were to distribute points based on past achievements we would have to do that for everyone, which would be unfair to those who actually hosted a tournament or submitted a video to gain the points specifically.
Just a question,can I send my scavenger hunt answers via chat to the FB page of the WBO?my phone seems pretty laggy in WBo right now.
I am about to advertise our Mumbai events, but I had some doubts.. it was mentioned that the tournaments will be free in December
Is that still valid ? I wanted confirmation before advertising the event
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:07 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: Just a question,can I send my scavenger hunt answers via chat to the FB page of the WBO?my phone seems pretty laggy in WBo right now.

Unfortunately no, it would be way too chaotic to keep track of answers there. Our server should return to normal soon hopefully, so things should be faster. The site is rather quick right now on my phone anyway. If worse comes to worst, email might be an option.

(Dec. 15, 2016  8:33 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: I am about to advertise our Mumbai events, but I had some doubts.. it was mentioned that the tournaments will be free in December
Is that still valid ? I wanted confirmation before advertising the event

That is indeed what we announced, which I had admittedly forgotten myself when creating my tournament threads hah.