[STD/LTD] LW160: An alternative for W145? Fit for the tier-list?

[Image: LW160_stamina_fit_for_the_tier_list.png]

LW160: An alternative for W145? Fit for the tier-list?

So for a while now, in fact, I brought it up a little while ago how similar W145 and LW160 are; there's realistically not much of difference between the two. With that, I decided to conduct some mirror matches between LW160, W145 and the already outclassed AD145. Let's begin.

LW160/W145 Comparison Photos (Click to View)

Equipment Used (Click to View)

Standard Format Testing (Click to View)

Limited Format Testing (Click to View)

So, with that, my conclusion are this: the results were good, actually better than W145 against AD145 from those tests conducted. LW160 seemed to really have no issues against the two. It's quite possibly tier-list worthy, though more tests outside of stamina mirror match would be necessary. There's realistically, again, not much of a difference between the two except a slight change of height and wing direction.

Thank you all for reading! I will gladly get more tests up soon! If anyone, however, would test against left-spin stamina, I'd much appreciate it. I only have on string launcher at the moment and would prefer not to use a ripcord one. The slight change of height between W145 and LW160 may, however, mean some issues against them.
Personally I feel as you shouldn't just test LW160 against W/AD145. The height makes a difference so that's one thing in those matches plus the fact that you didn't test against other combinations. Sure it may be able to out spin those, but does it do better than W145 against other combinations. That may be something you want to look into.
(Mar. 22, 2015  11:39 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Personally I feel as you shouldn't just test LW160 against W/AD145. The height makes a difference so that's one thing in those matches plus the fact that you didn't test against other combinations. Sure it may be able to out spin those, but does it do better than W145 against other combinations. That may be something you want to look into.

No, I'll obviously do more tests; was just really anxious to get this thread up.

I'll work on some more tonight, if not, tomorrow.
Could you possibly do LW160 vs 160 PD?
I was waiting for it. The wing direction of the two tracks is essential. On a right spinning beyblade, LW160 will decrease it defense/balance, same thing with W145 on left. It's a fact. For theses results, I might admit that LW160 shown quite impressive results. I have a theory for it. LW160 (by pushing the air down) created something like an "air vortex", causing spinning disturbance to it opponent equipped with W145.

After re-reading this post, my english looks like an 8 year old kid's, typing stuffs about his Bit Beast talking to him, but anyway.
Like Thunder Dome, I would suggest comparative tests with lower and higher tracks before jumping to any conclusions; I'd be happy to help out with a few when I get the chance.

I use LW160 as often as I use W145 for stamina, if not more, so this isn't surprising to me. Thanks for formally looking into it!
The results of the mirror matches between W145 and LW160 are about what's expected, as prior testing would indicate (albeit's Duo vs Phantom). All this thread's done so far is compare the performance of two different height Tracks in battles against each other.

I'd personally be more interested in seeing how the Left-facing wings effect Stamina of Right-Spin Beys, and the most logical part to make this comparison with is 160. Comparing it to any other is just a test of the overall part's effect on Stamina in that particular height matchup, not solely the effect of its gimmick.
(Mar. 23, 2015  1:38 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: The results of the mirror matches between W145 and LW160 are about what's expected, as prior testing would indicate (albeit's Duo vs Phantom). All this thread's done so far is compare the performance of two different height Tracks in battles against each other.

I'd personally be more interested in seeing how the Left-facing wings effect Stamina of Right-Spin Beys, and the most logical part to make this comparison with is 160. Comparing it to any other is just a test of the overall part's effect on Stamina in that particular height matchup, not solely the effect of its gimmick.

Agreeing with Angry Face on 160 testing. My first thought when seeing those results against W145 was to test 160 due to the simple height difference between 145 and 160.
Pretty interesting to see; my only doubts revolve around the height differences of the two parts (W145 and LW160).

As Angry Face said well, though- it would definitely bring more to the table seeing LW's effects on the right-spin Beyblade, itself.
I'm also not sure if this topic really deserves its own thread... An analysis of LW160 can just as easily be continued in the original LW160 discussion thread, which never got the full attention it truly deserved. :\

Here's the link: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LW160-discussion
Wait don't SD and D do better on tall tracks like those whereas WD works better on low tracks? Or are those tracks not tall enough for it to mater?
(Mar. 24, 2015  2:57 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I'm also not sure if this topic really deserves its own thread... An analysis of LW160 can just as easily be continued in the original LW160 discussion thread, which never got the full attention it truly deserved. :\

Here's the link: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LW160-discussion

Your right, I guess this can be closed then.

(Mar. 24, 2015  2:57 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I'd personally be more interested in seeing how the Left-facing wings effect Stamina of Right-Spin Beys, and the most logical part to make this comparison with is 160. Comparing it to any other is just a test of the overall part's effect on Stamina in that particular height matchup, not solely the effect of its gimmick.

In my opinion, either or was the option to compare to. There was the gimmick of W145 and LW160 and the height of 160. I also figured that there wasn't much of a difference of a difference in terms of height, so it would be interesting to mirror-match.

Ultimate Libra Wrote:Wait don't SD and D do better on tall tracks like those whereas WD works better on low tracks? Or are those tracks not tall enough for it to mater?

While I admit, this track is on the taller side, it really didn't seem to have any wobbling issues. In my opinion, it's really when you place a WD on a 195 height it starts to have them. There are also really no such tracks that it's tall enough to matter.