[SSS] [New York, New York, 8/21/11] Reality Altering Hades Upheaval

  ,


on
Hosted by
Format

Admission
cash  or with Passport*

entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!


The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization. Learn More
Share
We're baaaaaaaack.


On April 17th 2011 we brought you the Heaven Shattering Playround Conference. Since then we've received many private messages asking when we'd go back to Central Park for another one. This Summer's end we shall answer your call and shake up reality once again! In conjunction with Toywiz and the WBO! Prepare for the.....

Reality Altering Hades Upheaval
*Cue theme*
Date: August 21st 2011 (Sunday)
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Directions:
Directions to Heckscher Playground
To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle





Times:
* Registration at David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center located at:
61 West 62 Street, New York, NY 10023
Directions and Info
Registration is between : 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
(To make thinks easier Pre-register and have your user name ready)
* Head to Heckscher Playground to set up along with practice AFTER you Register
There will be NO registration in the park as we had WiFi issues there so BE PREPARED AND COME ON TIME FOR REGISTRATION
* Official tournament starts at 2:00PM In Heckscher Park
Warning!
* If you are not registered to the WBO website with a VALID username you will not be allowed to participate in the tourney once it starts.

TO REITERATE FOR CLARITY, YOU MUST BE ON TIME FOR REGISTRATION OR YOU CANNOT ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.



As for prizes:
First place will get: 75$ to shop on Toywiz
Second place: 50$ to shop on Toywiz
Third place: 25$ to shop on Toywiz


ikmv, Armored00taku, and I are going to be your judges for this tournament as well as others who will be named at a later, likely during the startof the event. Please respect their rulings.

Format will most likely be double elimination but may change depending on the amount of attendees.
We will be using Takara Tomy Attack Stadiums We will most likely have enough but if you do bring yours MARK IT.

Let's make this a good one. We're expecting a HUGE turnout.


What? Apparently there's a showdown at the Gates of Hades? Get in on the action before the rest to play for your advantage! Check this out:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-SSS-Nanu...tes--37920
KillerSpinner
(Aug. 12, 2011  7:35 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Hah. This is only up to three pages. I hope that the majority of people that show up already have WBO usernames.

Just don't aim the screen at the sun! LOL WinkWink
TentacleZooka
Hey Guys what are the numbers for this tourny so far
Nexus™
count me in
finally
Deikailo
(Aug. 17, 2011  10:10 PM)Bazooka Wrote: Hey Guys what are the numbers for this tourny so far
We don't know because some people who say they come, never actually show. There are others who never announce that they are coming, but show up anyway.
littlekev0
I'm going.
I hope there will be good competitors at this tournament. No one will stand in may way.
Ga'
YES. I finally have full confidence that I am going, and I preregistered on the Toywiz website. Can't wait to meet the NY community I've heard so much about. Joyful_3
ArmorD00taku
(Aug. 18, 2011  12:47 AM)zero hiwatari Wrote: I hope there will be good competitors at this tournament. No one will stand in may way.

There's going to be numerous people, good or not. Just make sure you, yourself, is prepared.
Cye Kinomiya
The tourney is only a few days away. I want to remind everyone how imperative it is to show up on time for registration. Ikmv might not be able to make it so I can't be lenient with anyone who shows up late as this will be a lot to organize.
can't go sorry im busy on sunday (getting school supplies lol) so i can't go i hope theres another central park tournament so i can go also can i give a suggestion plz do a tournament in the bronx so i can go
Cye Kinomiya
Apparently there will be a thunderstorm on the day of the tournament. I'll see if the weather changes in the next two days before making any decisions.
Sky Prince
so what will be going down IN THE EVENT that it does rain? cause sadly, i MIGHT not be able to make it for the reason that school is starting soon and i'll have a job and i'll be uber busy... but i'm just letting you guys know...
Sniper
But i only heard that its a 30% chance of rain
Deikailo
From the looks of the weather report, the rain over the next few days is just one big storm. If it doesn't hit by tomorrow, I don't think it will go to Sunday.

Either way, you should think about deciding on rescheduling or relocating by Friday because there are many people who are traveling long distances. Personally, I know that if you reschedule on Saturday, I will already be wasting my train ticket when I come in on Friday and will have difficulty attending the rescheduled date.
Bluezee
Already Pre-registered..or at least I think so. Bringing the whole team this time with the exception of maybe two. See you all there.
Kai-V
(Aug. 18, 2011  5:20 PM)Deikailo Wrote: From the looks of the weather report, the rain over the next few days is just one big storm. If it doesn't hit by tomorrow, I don't think it will go to Sunday.

Either way, you should think about deciding on rescheduling or relocating by Friday because there are many people who are traveling long distances. Personally, I know that if you reschedule on Saturday, I will already be wasting my train ticket when I come in on Friday and will have difficulty attending the rescheduled date.

Rescheduling, when a lot of people know about this tournament through Toywiz, is a very bad idea though.
Deikailo
I offered to relocate it. If I start working now, I could get an indoor venue in time that's not Kings Games, but Cye would prefer to reschedule for rain.
Sky Prince
yeah, if the venue is close i would be up for it. and knowing it's A LOT of kids who were making plans to manhattan, it's gotta be in manhattan.... otherwise the attendance list can potentially drop dramatically depending on how many people were going for distance convenience.... rescheduling might be bad.... a lot of people are starting school soon and the date given is probably the only date free for a lot of people. but i'm just throwing a supportive suggestion with a followed explanation.... not really saying you have to....
Deikailo
I might be able to find a spot in Chelsea or Murray Hill. The one spot in Chelsea would be at the Greek Church. My papou was one of the founders of the church so I might be able to pull some family strings to get the basement available. However, we'll have to start later, because they socialize down there until about 2pm. The upside is they have a parking lot for the church.

Outside of that, my uncle's apartment complex may be able to accommodate something in the lobby, but that's a long shot.

All this requires A LOT of phone calls, most of which I'd have to start making immediately.
TentacleZooka
For whats it's worth. Keep it scheduled in Central Park. Is there a covered area that you caould hold it in the park? Pulling it out of the park is a major downer. My dad is driving me up from Virginia for this. Hate to see it cancelled but can't control the weather. Did everyone realize that 30% chance of rain means 70% of NO RAIN!
Just a thought. Where is Chealsea anyhow?
Deikailo
Chelsea is about 30 city blocks south of this.

Cye, have you tried contacting the city about this? Maybe they can tarp it over for us or something. The cop did say they would help out if you let them know, right?
[Pyro]
just to be completely clear is there a registration fee or not?
UltraStriker
there is no registration fee
[Pyro]
(Aug. 18, 2011  9:46 PM)Ultra Blader#1 Wrote: there is no registration fee

oh ok so maybe i will wind up going all i gotta do is register on toywiz and im waiting on an ok for that
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • ... 13