SP230 Discussion

Sorry for the double post: Comparison tests between 230 & Sp230

Equipment used:

Phantom Sagitario II 230 SD vs Phantom Sagitario II SP230 SD
Nice comparisons. They'll help. So do you think SP230 seems like replacements for other parts? You tried it on spin steal and other parts spin steal parts did better and the same happened to these results.
(Feb. 18, 2013  2:02 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Nice comparisons. They'll help. So do you think SP230 seems like replacements for other parts? You tried it on spin steal and other parts spin steal parts did better and the same happened to these results.

SP230 is not meant for stamina. I haven't tested it against lower track variants like W145. Ill get to that soon. I think Ingulit has some testing on his blog. I feel that SP230 will be more of a defense part. Zero G is where this part will be more useful I believe.
Wow! SP230 seems to be really good. I got one and i tried it with defense combos and with CS it had really low recoil. It also had pretty good stamina when I used it with WD, and different synchrom wheels, but better for defense I think. Thanks for testing guys! Smile
Dont anyone think that Sp230 is can get unbalanced easy
Duo Vs Phantom SP230: Will all depend on the individual wheels, testing that is pointless.
Also, most of this thread is terrible, people drawing conclusions from single tests, people stating things without ANY proof, people drawing conclusions from results without considering the performance of other parts resulting in clearly incorrect statements, pointless/useless tests (in particular, many lacking benchmarks or comparisons so they can be interpreted as anything more than variations in the individual MW's themselves), tests against combinations no one uses, people requesting such tests when really basic tests haven't been done (or at least, not to a worthwhile extent). No offense to those people who did provide useful tests, but it was really disappointing to try to find information about a part and run into this mess...

Most of all, I'm pretty disappointed that no one has actually tested SP230 compared to E230 (boost mode) for defense - seeing as that is the traditional usage of "Giant Plastic Disk" Tracks, spikes or not. I'm most interested in how MF-H Flash Escolpio GB145R2F does against each seeing as that's the most effective thing I've tried vs E230, but yeah...
I guess I'll have to get some comparison tests up. The first time I tested SP230 against Flash, my stone face broke....
If you think it'll happen again, don't break your parts on my account (I break enough of my own as it is, would rather not start on other peoples). It's my main interest in the track, though, don't really like the idea of attacking with a track shaped like that too much, so really how well it can take hits is all I'm interested in (and that's primarily because I've been playing around with E230 all day.)
Yeah I was thinking about using Duo with it. It is just the wider gap in between the Synchrom and the disk that Flash on 145 digs into and put a ton of pressure on the stone face. This effect is increased by the fact that SP230's disk is not movable like E230's. So if you are testing Flash 145 vs Synchrom SP230 make sure you watch out for your stone face.

Finished some more in-depth testing.

I tried MF-H Duo Aquario SP230/E230RS for the defense testing. I don't know the weights of these parts off the top of my head so I'm trying to compile some weight comparisons of SP230 vs E230.

MF-H Duo Aquario SP230RS vs Flash Lynx GB145R2F
SP230: 6/20 (All OS)
Flash: 14/20 (All KO)

SP230 Win Rate: 30%

MF-H Duo Aquario E230RS(Boost Mode) vs Flash Lynx GB145R2F
E230: 12/20 (All OS)
Flash: 8/20 (All KO)

E230 Win Rate: 60%

1 Tie Redone.

Despite these customs looking very similar, they preformed much differently. The first think I noticed was that SP230 is still and E230 is wiggly. (Wow shocker! lol) But basically that means that, because E230 is loose, it can sort of move to absorb Flash's hits. SP230 on the other hand, just sits there and takes the blow....(It does not take it very well btw) It is sorta like punching a pillow vs a wall. The wall has no "give" and so it will hurt more than the pillow whose surface moves to absorb the shock.

Another thing I noticed is that SP230 has spikes whereas E230 doesn't. (I'm very observant!) Again this is a detriment to SP230's defense. Whenever Flash gets the least bit under SP230, the spikes produce a considerable amount of recoil as opposed to E230 that just moves up a bit and takes the blow.

I also did some stamina tests. I exchanged the Metal Wheels and Tips after round 10.

Flame Aquario SP230WB vs Flame Aquario E230WB(Boost Mode)
SP230: 9/20 (All OS)
E230: 11/20 (All OS)

SP230 Win Rate: 45%

1 Tie Redone

They seems very even however they're stamina was different. SP230 would generally stay upright longer than E230, but after it fell over, the spikes pretty much drained it's stamina. E230 on the other hand fell over quicker, but had more LAD (Using this term very loosely since this is not a spin equalizing battle) and would often outspin solely because it managed knocked over SP230.
Exactly what I was after, and it confirms my doubts about the track vs e230.

Also really appreciate the stamina tests - I actually noticed something similar today with e230 vs a regular 230 - e230 toppled first but the fact it had any LAD at all combined with severely destabilising the opponent.often granted it the win. Getting a bit off track now though.

Sincere thanks. Smile