Ruling Change: Should a tie limit be imposed?

Poll: Should a consecutive tie limit be added? If so, how many consecutive ties should be legal?

Yes, 2
7.69%
Yes, 3
53.85%
Yes, 4
15.38%
Yes, 5
7.69%
No
15.38%
Total: 100% 13 vote(s)
Over the past year, it feels like LAD has become a more and more dominant subject. It has reached a point beyond ridiculousness. While I have had little experience of this, that is purely because I have had little experience overall. After reading the tournament report for "The School BELL is Ringing!" I feel like this has gone on long enough. It is evident that many bladers are becoming unmotivated to play, and find matches boring. My solution is to create a consecutive tie limit. I think that if a match ties 3 times in a row, than the match should just be restarted with new combos. I can't find any flaws with this solution. If someone thinks that they can win a point after tying 3 times in a row than they just need to except that nobody wants to play that way. I personally don't want to go banning the problem drivers because one LAD driver will always have more than another one. You take out one, and a new one starts dominating. Personally, I like having drift in the meta because it rewards people who are more skillful and practice with it the most. I'm not there myself, but it's something to practice that comes with a reward. Overall, I feel like this is the best solution to our current situation, but I'd love to hear your ideas.
(Sep. 06, 2021  3:14 PM)USN Wrote: Over the past year, it feels like LAD has become a more and more dominant subject. It has reached a point beyond ridiculousness. While I have had little experience of this, that is purely because I have had little experience overall. After reading the tournament report for "The School BELL is Ringing!" I feel like this has gone on long enough. It is evident that many bladers are becoming unmotivated to play, and find matches boring. My solution is to create a consecutive tie limit. I think that if a match ties 3 times in a row, than the match should just be restarted with new combos. I can't find any flaws with this solution. If someone thinks that they can win a point after tying 3 times in a row than they just need to except that nobody wants to play that way. I personally don't want to go banning the problem drivers because one LAD driver will always have more than another one. You take out one, and a new one starts dominating. Personally, I like having drift in the meta because it rewards people who are more skillful and practice with it the most. I'm not there myself, but it's something to practice that comes with a reward. Overall, I feel like this is the best solution to our current situation, but I'd love to hear your ideas.
I definitely agree with this especially since this happened to me in a tournament I went to. Changing combos may give both bladers an idea of what the opponent will use, but that’s to both of the players advantage. Sometimes when there’s so many ties, the winner of the battle is just luck. And I don’t think luck should have a huge impact, especially LAD concerned.
(Sep. 06, 2021  4:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2021  3:14 PM)USN Wrote: Over the past year, it feels like LAD has become a more and more dominant subject. It has reached a point beyond ridiculousness. While I have had little experience of this, that is purely because I have had little experience overall. After reading the tournament report for "The School BELL is Ringing!" I feel like this has gone on long enough. It is evident that many bladers are becoming unmotivated to play, and find matches boring. My solution is to create a consecutive tie limit. I think that if a match ties 3 times in a row, than the match should just be restarted with new combos. I can't find any flaws with this solution. If someone thinks that they can win a point after tying 3 times in a row than they just need to except that nobody wants to play that way. I personally don't want to go banning the problem drivers because one LAD driver will always have more than another one. You take out one, and a new one starts dominating. Personally, I like having drift in the meta because it rewards people who are more skillful and practice with it the most. I'm not there myself, but it's something to practice that comes with a reward. Overall, I feel like this is the best solution to our current situation, but I'd love to hear your ideas.
I definitely agree with this especially since this happened to me in a tournament I went to. Changing combos may give both bladers an idea of what the opponent will use, but that’s to both of the players advantage. Sometimes when there’s so many ties, the winner of the battle is just luck. And I don’t think luck should have a huge impact, especially LAD concerned.

Yeah, I think that's how a lot of people feel. LAD battles can often come down to luck, or questionable calls.

I'm going to my first tournament soon and I don't think I'd like to be waiting 20 Minutes because of countless amounts of draws, same with other competitors so yeah I totally agree with this, I'd save time and be fair for everyone, overall I'd really like this, also, just imagine how annoying it is for the judges to rewatch the whole battle in Slo-Mo so they could actually make a call, and just to find out that it's a draw, so overall, I think honestly that this should be a real tournament rule, I'd save time and give the judges a way easier time.
I get the feeling that this is supposed to be a serious proposal, so as a Staff Member I just wanted to let you and the rest of the community know that the increasingly widespread issue of LAD and consecutive draws isn't being ignored, and has been pretty front and center in our discussions recently. We've actively been trialing and fine-tuning some solutions to hopefully solve it as permanently as we can - this one, for example, is pretty similar to what you've proposed here - but we understand that it needs more immediate attention, so we should have some kind of fix for it sooner rather than later. Smile