[Rule Proposal] Allowing GT chips to be used by themselves

After getting RD5, I found out that the Dragon GT chip can be used without a Layer Base. This may apply for TT GT chips too, I am proposing that GT chips should be used all by themselves (no layer wieghts) in burst classic for the following reasons,

-They are as light as burst classic Layers
-They would make the parts with it determine it's purpose since they are the same
-They fit on launchers perfectly

If the rules is accepted, I would like these restrictions,

-No layer Wieghts 
-No use of bullet
-No slingshock mode drivers (battle ring mode is ok if the driver is a slingshock driver)

So, please take this into account, test, and decide.
That could actually work but what about ones like lord spriggan or master diabolos or imperial dragon etc
This is akin to proposing that a Roller Derby allow participants to wear roller skates that have no wheels on them, often referred to as "shoes".

I take it you mean just the Hasbro GT chips, since those are the only GT Chips that come with their own slopes.

"-They would make the parts with it determine it's purpose since they are the same"
Not sure what that means.

Why would Slingshock mode on tips be forbidden?

How about You test it?

Why would we ever allow an incomplete layer part to be used instead of an actual complete layer?
(Jan. 27, 2020  8:45 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: After getting RD5, I found out that the Dragon GT chip can be used without a Layer Base. This may apply for TT GT chips too, I am proposing that GT chips should be used all by themselves (no layer wieghts) in burst classic for the following reasons,

-They are as light as burst classic Layers
-They would make the parts with it determine it's purpose since they are the same
-They fit on launchers perfectly

If the rules is accepted, I would like these restrictions,

-No layer Wieghts 
-No use of bullet
-No slingshock mode drivers (battle ring mode is ok if the driver is a slingshock driver)

So, please take this into account, test, and decide.

That’s because the layer weights are infused into the layer base on Hasbro GT beys. Plus, they still weigh as much as God layers, so they would still not be allowed even if you removed the layer weights. There’s no argument to be discussed here.
Well... if we allow any new layer releases like GT in classic,
Then that’ll kinda defeat the purpose of even having a classic format to begin with...

The classic format was made to give old burst layers and forge disks , such as the single & dual layers that are incompatible with today’s meta
A chance to shine, and to be competitive again,
And adding these GT layers into the mix destroys the purpose of even having a classic format at all, and besides, you also nullify one of the integral part of the GT series, and that’s the layer weight.

I see yer reasoning, but it’s prolly not the best idea...
The other factor is the radius of the GT layers, they are way wider so they are way more powerful.

Bullet in classic is fine?
Slingshot mode is terrible most of the time, so what's the point of banning them?

As you said, test it yourself to see.
Imma clarify, I mean using GT chips alone as a layer, no wieghts or bases.
(Jan. 27, 2020  9:19 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Imma clarify, I mean using GT chips alone as a layer, no wieghts or bases.

that would be illegal though? That's not a full layer just a layer part why would it be allowed.
(Jan. 27, 2020  9:13 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This is akin to proposing that a Roller Derby allow participants to wear roller skates that have no wheels on them, often referred to as "shoes".

I take it you mean just the Hasbro GT chips, since those are the only GT Chips that come with their own slopes.

"-They would make the parts with it determine it's purpose since they are the same"
Not sure what that means.

Why would Slingshock mode on tips be forbidden?

How about You test it?

Why would we ever allow an incomplete layer part to be used instead of an actual complete layer?

By your quote I mean that the disc and driver that comes with the GT Chip combo would effect preformance the most.
(Jan. 27, 2020  9:19 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Imma clarify, I mean using GT chips alone as a layer, no wieghts or bases.

Hasbro GT chips or TT GT chips? I'm assuming you mean Hasbro.
(Jan. 27, 2020  9:21 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:

that would be illegal though? That's not a full layer just a layer part why would it be allowed.

You got a point. I am gonna stop, close this thread.

(Jan. 27, 2020  9:21 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

Hasbro GT chips or TT GT chips? I'm assuming you mean Hasbro.

I was talking about both brands.
This thread can't quit; it's fired.