[Roanoke, VA, 10/31/15] Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Virginia

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: AopDJMp.png]
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31
Wasena Park, 1000 12th St SW, Roanoke, VA 24015
BURST FORMAT

Tournament Registration: 11AM-11:50AM
Tournament Start: Noon || Finish: 3PM

From seemingly out of nowhere, the third generation of Beyblade has burst onto the scene! Bladers of Virginia, this is your chance to test your mettle in the exciting, explosive new series that is Beyblade Burst, build the best Beyblade you can, and even receive one for yourself!

What's Beyblade Burst?
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It launched in July 2015 in Japan. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at our Beyblade Channel In-Depth Review Video covering it, the Bey News Thread, or the Beyblade General Forum.

7 Lucky Participants will get a new Beyblade to take home!
And listen, we're not asking for these products back, no way! They're really gifts to the community! Unlike at previous Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, everyone who attends this event will have the opportunity to borrow, build, and win a free Beyblade Burst item! The Bladers who place 1st-3rd will receive the following:
  • First Place: First pick at the 7 stock Beyblades provided to the host + B-02 BeyLogger + Light Launcher
  • Second Place: Second pick at the stock Beyblades + Light Launcher
  • Third Place: Third pick at the stock Beyblades + Light Launcher
The remaining 4 stock Beyblades will be raffled off among everyone else at the end of the tournament. That means everyone, regardless of wherever they may be travelling from, will have an equal chance at getting a new Beyblade at this event!!

To best keep track of the provided Beyblade Burst items throughout this event, all borrowed parts must be returned to a judge immediately following the completion of every BeyBattle. This way, anyone who may be about to play an official match will always have access to any and all of the parts in the pool, and we will always be able to guarantee nobody accidentally walks away with any of them!

Mandatory $5 Entry Fee = More Beyblade Burst Events + Extra Credits!
To help subsidize the high cost of importing some of the new Beyblade Burst items from Japan, a mandatory $5 entry fee will be imposed on all Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events, regardless of whether or not a participant has a Blader Passport (if you wish to purchase a Blader Passport, the total cost would be $15 at a Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene event). We hope that everyone will understand this! The more funds we have, the more we can afford to do for the community in the future! We're actually going to be losing money despite this entry fee, and for those that receive a Beyblade, it will be much cheaper to get one in this way than it would be to import one yourself (although we certainly hope you all do this after playing with them!).

To show our appreciation for your cooperation and support, all participants in Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene tournaments will receive the following:
  • +1 Extra Credit to be used for prizes from the WBO's awesome Blader Rewards, on top of whatever they would have normally earned.
  • New Passport Holders will earn +2 Extra Credits, rather than just +1.

"But what about my BeyPoints? I've never played Beyblade Burst!"
No problem! The first Beyblade Event in every region will not count towards the BeyPoint System. Think of it as an opportunity to experiment and just focus on having fun with the new series.

Of course, as always, there will be Faces and Credits to play for. Wink

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word!
#BEYBLADEBURST #WBO

Quote:
Burst or Treat - The Bump King Challenge!

[Image: Dmqsoat.png]

To celebrate Halloween Beyblade-style, this special side event will be held after the official tournament! Those who participate in this challenge will be allowed five attempts maximum to battle me and my Bump King using just one Beyblade Burst combo of their choice.

For every BeyBattle a challenger wins against Bump King, he or she will be awarded one piece of candy (Sweet!). If a challenger succeeds in defeating me and my Bump King in all five rounds, then that challenger will receive five more pieces of candy in addition to the five he or she will have already won!

However, if a challenger loses even once, he or she will be out of the running and will have to walk away with whatever he or she has earned! I'll also switch to using a longer ripcord after every other battle, which will mean the later rounds will become increasingly difficult (mwahahaha...!).

So who will be brave enough to take on Bump King's challenge? Will you?!

Think you can make it? Post here!
If you think you'll be able to make it out to Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Virginia, please post here and I will start building an attendance list!

Also, if you haven't done so yet, please be sure to sign up on the BeyMap! You can use it to find Bladers around Roanoke, and you'll receive updates on upcoming Roanoke tournaments via PM.

Attendees:
  1. Angry Face [√]
  2. mario07 [√+BP]
  3. IOnlyUseQuake
  4. Morkad
  5. Copper Spark
  6. blakedude1
  7. BeyCrafter
  8. Blaze Wheeler
  9. TitanTactic7
  10. Stars

Possible Attendees:
  1. ZachBob

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Good luck with this, Angry Face! All of the Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene events seem to have been received very positively so far, and with the change in how the Beyblades are distributed for this event, I think even more people will be happy to participate. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Smile
Attention to all of those who plan to attend this event! Please take notice of the changes made to how the free Beyblade Burst items will be distributed, as outlined through the fourth and fifth paragraphs of the first post. It will not be done the same way as at previous Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene events!
You guys better make it out to this!
I really hope that I can make it to this, I want to actually play in a Burst event lol.
YAY! This time I'm gonna make it to this one for sure!
I just got fired, so that means I can possibly go to this tourney, unless I get another job that won't let me have Saturdays or select Saturdays off
(Sep. 04, 2015  6:45 PM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: I really hope that I can make it to this, I want to actually play in a Burst event lol.

I hope things will work out for you this time!

(Sep. 04, 2015  8:32 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: YAY! This time I'm gonna make it to this one for sure!

Awesome!

(Sep. 05, 2015  3:09 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote: I just got fired, so that means I can possibly go to this tourney, unless I get another job that won't let me have Saturdays or select Saturdays off

Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear that. Best of luck in your job search, though, and I hope you'll be able to make it to this event or the next!
NO! why must i be tortured! i cant go there because of school! i wouldn't have time to take a trip from Minnesota to Virginia!
(Sep. 07, 2015  7:24 PM)sarcasticninja4 Wrote: NO! why must i be tortured! i cant go there because of school! i wouldn't have time to take a trip from Minnesota to Virginia!

Sorry, pal. Unhappy

(Sep. 07, 2015  7:26 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Call me maybe baby.

i missed u so bad
Attention attendees! The latest announcement from the News forum says:

(Sep. 06, 2015  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey World Bladers,

We're raising the price of the Blader Passport to $15 USD.

BUT...

(Sep. 06, 2015  9:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Finally, we’ll continue to sell Blader Passports for $10 at our Beyblade Bursts Onto the Scene events, because these events carry a higher entry fee and we really want to keep the barrier to entry for new community members reasonably low.

So while purchasing a Blader Passport and paying the extra $5 fee at this event will amount to the same cost as only purchasing a Passport at any regular event, at this event, you will get an extra +2 credits if you do! Even if you don't place, you're still getting 3 credits for just participating in the event - to put it in perspective, that's typically the number of credits third place gets! Gasp

If you don't already have a Blader Passport and you're planning to attend this event, definitely consider buying one now, especially if you weren't before!
(Sep. 07, 2015  10:11 PM)Angry Face Wrote: So while purchasing a Blader Passport at this event will cost the same as buying one at any future non-BBOTS event, at this event, you get an extra +2 credits just for doing so!

Passports will never be this cheap again, and you have to pay the tournament entry fee whether you have one or not. So I wouldn't say this is necessarily true Smile
Edited. Wink

Moral of the story: Buy a passport!
POTENTIAL DATE CHANGE: Attendees, we need your opinion!
@[mario07] @[IOnlyUseQuake] @[Morkad] @[Copper Spark] @[BeyCrafter] @[blakedude1] @[bb17008] @[Beyblade Strong] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Blaze Wheeler] @[Dark_Mousy] @[KM4ADB]

It's supposed to pour down pretty hard this weekend, so I see two choices: we either brave the storm and go through with Beyblade Bursts Onto The Scene: Virginia under Wasena Park's shelter as originally planned; or we postpone this event till the next weekend I'm available, which will most likely only be Halloween.

So if you'd all rather the event be postponed, then post here soon! I'll welcome any other suggestions, but everyone needs to let me know how they stand by Friday at the latest so the decision can be made!

EDIT: Tagged members, I'm sorry I've edited this post three times. Just wanted to mention that X-Monster and Tanker won't be attending anymore due to weather.
It would be safe to postpone the event.
EVENT DATE CHANGE: Saturday, October 31st, 2015
@[mario07] @[IOnlyUseQuake] @[Morkad] @[Copper Spark] @[BeyCrafter] @[blakedude1] @[bb17008] @[Beyblade Strong] @[Stormscorpio1] @[Blaze Wheeler] @[Dark_Mousy] @[KM4ADB]

I'm making the call to postpone this event to Saturday, October 31st, 2015 due to severe flood warnings. The location and time will stay the same.

Everyone who confirmed previously, or was listed as a maybe, please post back here to let me know if this new date will work for you.

(Sep. 30, 2015  11:41 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: It would be safe to postpone the event.

Absolutely. I only found out today, but apparently the park we were supposed to play this at was under water yesterday. Nobody should be going anywhere in weather like this.
Hey wait, I can still make it on Halloween.
(Oct. 01, 2015  10:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Hey wait, I can still make it on Halloween.

Great, thanks for reconfirming!
Sweet! I'll ask off for that day. I'm a maybe for now.
I possibly will attend then head to SCG after
(Oct. 07, 2015  3:02 AM)ZachBob Wrote: Sweet! I'll ask off for that day. I'm a maybe for now.

(Oct. 07, 2015  3:17 AM)Blaze Wheeler Wrote: I possibly will attend then head to SCG after

Hope you guys can make it out!

Even though this event has taken the place of the Halloween themed Limited format tournament I had originally scheduled for this date, we'll still go ahead with the little side event I had planned to go alongside it:

Quote:
Burst or Treat - The Bump King Challenge!

[Image: Dmqsoat.png]

To celebrate Halloween Beyblade-style, this special side event will be held after the official tournament! Those who participate in this challenge will be allowed five attempts maximum to battle me and my Bump King using just one Beyblade Burst combo of their choice.

For every BeyBattle a challenger wins against Bump King, he or she will be awarded one piece of candy (Sweet!). If a challenger succeeds in defeating me and my Bump King in all five rounds, then that challenger will receive five more pieces of candy in addition to the five he or she will have already won!

However, if a challenger loses even once, he or she will be out of the running and will have to walk away with whatever he or she has earned! I'll also switch to using a longer ripcord after every other battle, which will mean the later rounds will become increasingly difficult (mwahahaha...!).

So who will be brave enough to take on Bump King's challenge? Will you?!
OMG, that's so great.
This side event will be cool. And I'll see a real plastic gen bey in real life!