Richmond, Virginia - summer 2018

Hello Bladers and Family members of young Bladers,

As one of the organizers in the Richmond area, I want to thank you all for the growing support we have had in the region over the past few months... In the three months from February to April of 2018 we have gone from 15 participants in Feb.  42 in March and 60 in April... This is AMAZING!!  As most of you who have come to our most recent events held at the Deep Run Rec Center building, we have run out of space for the facility.  So moving forward we have been looking for a new venue to host events in the Richmond area that is:  Indoors, Clean, has Rest Room Facilities and FREE (this is the hardest part)  

So I would like to say that I have a new venue in mind for our next event (Date to be determined)  We will be using the banquet hall at a restaurant located near interstate I-295 and Staples Mill Road exit.  It's easy to get too and they have agreed to let us try using their space for FREE... Part of this is that I would hope family members would place orders, a burger and fries with a cold drink may be a nice refreshing break from the Beyblade action?!?  Regardless it does offer an option if anyone does get hungry and needs a refreshment.  

Once we secure our next date - I will post the name and address of this location.   As of right now the month of May is looking fairly difficult to lock down a date that would provide enough Judges and Support needed for the growing number of Bladers we keep getting!! (this is a wonderful problem to have)  Please be patient with us as we look for a solution.  If we don't play in May do not be discouraged, we will play again, as soon as possible.  

If you have questions or concerns, or perhaps you attended our events and have a comment?  Please leave them here and I will check back to answer them. 

AmishRaven
RVA Creatures
For anyone interested... The Richmond Virginia crew will not be hosting in May of 2018. It seems that the schedules are all messed up for us to come together and plan an event. And since our numbers have been growing like crazy (60 at our last event) we wanted to be sure we remain properly staffed to host the next big event around here!!
Thanks again to Deep Run Park in Richmond for allowing us to host the last three events, but we have outgrown that space and will be moving to a new venue for June of 2018. The new venue is just off of an exit of I-295 and very easy to get to and park (free) plus there is a restaurant above the venue and folks will be able to go upstairs and grab a bite to eat or drink and relax. (happy parents)
Thank you all for coming out for the last few events - we promise to keep this trend going and growing the Richmond Beyblade community!!
To add, tentative dates for tournaments I'll be hosting this summer are June 16th, July 7th or 8th, and August 4th or 5th. As Yami will be unable to attend Saturday events over the summer, we will likely go with July 8th and August 5th to accommodate him if possible. There is also a strong possibility that we will be participating in Plastics & HMS day (I'd imagine that being July 21st or 22nd) and may run a standard MFB tournament later that afternoon if we have time.
(May. 02, 2018  7:20 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: To add, tentative dates for tournaments I'll be hosting this summer are June 16th, July 7th or 8th, and August 4th or 5th. As Yami will be unable to attend Saturday events over the summer, we will likely go with July 8th and August 5th to accommodate him if possible. There is also a strong possibility that we will be participating in Plastics & HMS day (I'd imagine that being July 21st or 22nd) and may run a standard MFB tournament later that afternoon if we have time.
My son is really into beyblades but I want to make sure this is friendly for an 8 year old before I tell him we may have a tournament he can go to.  Richmond is about 2 hours away from us.
(May. 05, 2018  5:54 PM)alikat0469 Wrote:
(May. 02, 2018  7:20 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: To add, tentative dates for tournaments I'll be hosting this summer are June 16th, July 7th or 8th, and August 4th or 5th. As Yami will be unable to attend Saturday events over the summer, we will likely go with July 8th and August 5th to accommodate him if possible. There is also a strong possibility that we will be participating in Plastics & HMS day (I'd imagine that being July 21st or 22nd) and may run a standard MFB tournament later that afternoon if we have time.
My son is really into beyblades but I want to make sure this is friendly for an 8 year old before I tell him we may have a tournament he can go to.  Richmond is about 2 hours away from us.

Of course! The majority of our players are young - typically 8-13 - with a few older players like myself mixed in. We're a very welcoming group and many of the kids, teens, and adults who attend our tournaments have become regulars.
Looks like we are planning for another Richmond event in June!! Check the Tourney boards in the WBO for more details!!
Thanks to everyone who came out for our tournament today! Based off the number of bladers we've been pulling in and the interest people have shown in creating teams, I'm excited to share that our next tournament will be Team Format on July 14th. Start rounding up your teams of three for a fun day (and possibly a side tournament thrown in)
Due to limited venue and player availability, team format, which we were planning for the 22nd, will likely be postponed. We'll be running a normal ranked tournament on the 22nd so keep an eye out for a thread later this weekend Smile