Return/Comeback of the metal saga?

So with the incoming of Lost Longinus, featuring metal "dragon heads" on the top layer, could this possibly be paving the way to a continuation/re-issue/completely new series of the metal saga beys down the road of the Beyblade line?
The return of the metal saga would be great. Takara needs to get takafumi back on that
Definitely not. They added metal because it's cool and it's effective.
Do you think they could add metal back little by little?
Well, for aesthetics like in Longinus, perhaps. But any more than that? I'd highly doubt it.

Keep in mind that including metal in the primary attacking layer of a Burst System Beyblade could be a bit dangerous when it...well...Bursts, haha.
(Dec. 17, 2016  1:05 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Well, for aesthetics like in Longinus, perhaps. But any more than that? I'd highly doubt it.

Keep in mind that including metal in the primary attacking layer of a Burst System Beyblade could be a bit dangerous when it...well...Bursts, haha.

Well assuming they would use die-cast again, it shouldn't really be a problem. And having the main layer metal would certainly eliminate the chipping of the burst layers that has been occuring lately.
(Dec. 17, 2016  1:05 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Well, for aesthetics like in Longinus, perhaps. But any more than that? I'd highly doubt it.

Plus metal on plastic Burst contact, if anyone were to actually try and battle the hypothetical metal burst bey against a plastic burst, they would be damaging to the plastic layers.
(Dec. 17, 2016  2:14 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Plus metal on plastic Burst contact, if anyone were to actually try and battle the hypothetical metal burst bey against a plastic burst, they would be damaging to the plastic layers.

The plastic and metal series aren't really battle compatible ("combattable!") to begin with..
(Dec. 17, 2016  2:31 AM)Atlas Wrote: The plastic and metal series aren't really battle compatible ("combattable!") to begin with..

If you read what I said, I was talking about Plastic (Current) Burst vs (Hypothetical) Metal Burst...
Metal burst would be way too dangerous anyway. Flying metal pieces would not be too fun...
(Dec. 17, 2016  2:39 AM)Jinbee Wrote: If you read what I said, I was talking about Plastic (Current) Burst vs (Hypothetical) Metal Burst...

You're right, my bad. Though, with what I've seen, the metal wheels aren't sharp enough to do major damage to the plastic burst layers.
(Dec. 17, 2016  2:46 AM)boltoms Wrote: Metal burst would be way too dangerous anyway. Flying metal pieces would not be too fun...

I beg to differ. It would certainly be fun, as any match of Beyblade would be. And as far as safety, all metal used in the Beyblade franchise has been die-cast, round and soft. No wheel or disc is ever sharp enough to severely injure someone. And they can't go very far, as the weight will pull them down.
You've stated another killer point there; the weight will mitigate the scale of the Burst. When Burst was released, I mentioned this from the press release;

(Apr. 16, 2015  3:10 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Another is how the Burst mechanic has been introduced to entice a player to win by literally destroying their opponent. As the press release states, apparently boys would feel satisfied from destroying their opponent, and utterly mortified if their own Bey was destroyed. (Basically, let's bait some male emotional attachment to these toys)

Having a more explosive Burst just adds more excitement to those feelings. If a Burst just ends up being a disassembly of a Bey because of the metal's weight, it does take the excitement away from managing one.

From a marketing perspective, it's a bad idea in the long term. And as has already been mentioned as well, backwards compatibility making plastic vs metal a thing is probably not a good idea either. Some releases already break easily Tongue_out
(Dec. 17, 2016  3:07 AM)Atlas Wrote: I beg to differ. It would certainly be fun, as any match of Beyblade would be. And as far as safety, all metal used in the Beyblade franchise has been die-cast, round and soft. No wheel or disc is ever sharp enough to severely injure someone. And they can't go very far, as the weight will pull them down.

While it is possible for TT to make safer designs around for metal layers, the weight of it might not prevent it from moving too chaotically. Metal has a higher spin velocity than plastic so if it Bursts with enough spin, it may fly out and hit someone and may hurt them with its sheer weight and solidness. The disks at least are under the layer to possibly reduce it, and are generally smaller and rounder.
I don't really care for them to come back(unless they decide to release Byakko and Garudas). However, I wouldn't mind seeing MFB beys reimagined as Burst beys(I'll take a Leone, please).
I mean ... considering that we've had Bakuten Shoot Burst Beyblades and a continuation of the original manga, I just don't get any hints that Metal Fusion is going to factor into things at all. Furthermore, as I've written before, a metal projectile is a huge safety hazard. Even if Takara-Tomy would be OK with it (and I doubt they would), Hasbro would lose it.
(Dec. 17, 2016  4:44 PM)Jinbee Wrote: While it is possible for TT to make safer designs around for metal layers, the weight of it might not prevent it from moving too chaotically. Metal has a higher spin velocity than plastic so if it Bursts with enough spin, it may fly out and hit someone and may hurt them with its sheer weight and solidness. The disks at least are under the layer to possibly reduce it, and are generally smaller and rounder.

Until we see actual numbers about weight and speed correlating with this, it could go either way. Perhaps experimenting with loose MFB combos would give us an idea..
(Dec. 18, 2016  2:14 AM)Atlas Wrote: Until we see actual numbers about weight and speed correlating with this, it could go either way. Perhaps experimenting with loose MFB combos would give us an idea..

Though lost MFB aren't gonna to fly that high as they don't have spring in Performance Tips like Burst

Trust me I see MFB getting Burst very very offent XD
(Dec. 18, 2016  2:43 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Though lost MFB aren't gonna to fly that high as they don't have spring in Performance Tips like Burst

Tust me I see MFB getting Burst very very offent XD

Good point!
(Dec. 17, 2016  3:40 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: You've stated another killer point there; the weight will mitigate the scale of the Burst. When Burst was released, I mentioned this from the press release;

Having a more explosive Burst just adds more excitement to those feelings. If a Burst just ends up being a disassembly of a Bey because of the metal's weight, it does take the excitement away from managing one.

From a marketing perspective, it's a bad idea in the long term. And as has already been mentioned as well, backwards compatibility making plastic vs metal a thing is probably not a good idea either. Some releases already break easily Tongue_out

Interesting point. Few months back, I prophecised that we'd be playing with metal burst in the next two years (or something like that timeframe) because I suspected the coloured plastic in the single-layer layers was originally designed to be metal (mostly from the way they're cast and the obvious historical throwback to Battle Top) and just months later, here we are with two different designs exploring metal features. It made sense (to me) to entrap the metal within the clear plastic (using the weight without the hitting power) because that would less likely mess up the necessary weight-contrast required to burst the bey neatly.

If the layer were fully metal, then the explosion would indeed be much more like a slowly-dismantling MFB blade - at least, from what I can gather with the weights and rotational speeds. Say 75gm at 50mm diameter with 16,000rpm and you've basically got a knockout from MFB but with no particular direction for the force to travel in; even with the spring taken into account (because that kind of weight largely nullifies the upward force due to gravity, so far as I can see).

I remain divided whether this would increase or decrease sales. I mean, Zero-G sold fewer units than the rest of MFB even though it was the heaviest and so-called "most exciting" version. But perhaps metal beys would attract more peeps on impulse rather than game-balance? I simply cannot imagine, either way. Let us just wait and see how well LLonginus does.

(Dec. 18, 2016  2:09 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I mean ... considering that we've had Bakuten Shoot Burst Beyblades and a continuation of the original manga, I just don't get any hints that Metal Fusion is going to factor into things at all. Furthermore, as I've written before, a metal projectile is a huge safety hazard. Even if Takara-Tomy would be OK with it (and I doubt they would), Hasbro would lose it.

I don't think MFB will return in burst form either. Your point about the Bakuten Shoot revival should be enough to prove that. But the "Beyblades are dangerous" argument has been debunked so many times now, the flogged horse is surely just a blood-strewn smear across the floor. Pics or it didn't happen!
I hope not...Increasing the weight is the most stupid and boring method to improve the power of a bey...I mean, everyone can do it, right?
I don't think Beyblade is dangerous ... but I think metal Burst Layers legitimately could be.
If they did add metal to all the new gen layers the danger level will depend on how it's implemented. As Mana said the added weight would actually make a lot of burst finishes less exciting and the parts wouldn't fly around the stadium as much. I think metal under plastic could work but I don't think all layers actually need metal and taking into account TT's durability issues with the existing beys it could just lead to further breakages. Even if you look at some of the bursts right now they don't always fly off and rattle around the stadium (wild wyvern is a good example) sometimes the driver just drops out from under the disk leaving the layer and disk together
Well, they already added metal to Lost Longinus. I expect we'll see metal continue to be incorporated into Layers in this way.
(Dec. 19, 2016  1:57 AM)Beylon Wrote: Interesting point. Few months back, I prophecised that we'd be playing with metal burst in the next two years (or something like that timeframe) because I suspected the coloured plastic in the single-layer layers was originally designed to be metal (mostly from the way they're cast and the obvious historical throwback to Battle Top) and just months later, here we are with two different designs exploring metal features. It made sense (to me) to entrap the metal within the clear plastic (using the weight without the hitting power) because that would less likely mess up the necessary weight-contrast required to burst the bey neatly.

If the layer were fully metal, then the explosion would indeed be much more like a slowly-dismantling MFB blade - at least, from what I can gather with the weights and rotational speeds. Say 75gm at 50mm diameter with 16,000rpm and you've basically got a knockout from MFB but with no particular direction for the force to travel in; even with the spring taken into account (because that kind of weight largely nullifies the upward force due to gravity, so far as I can see).

I remain divided whether this would increase or decrease sales. I mean, Zero-G sold fewer units than the rest of MFB even though it was the heaviest and so-called "most exciting" version. But perhaps metal beys would attract more peeps on impulse rather than game-balance? I simply cannot imagine, either way. Let us just wait and see how well LLonginus does.

I don't think MFB will return in burst form either. Your point about the Bakuten Shoot revival should be enough to prove that. But the "Beyblades are dangerous" argument has been debunked so many times now, the flogged horse is surely just a blood-strewn smear across the floor. Pics or it didn't happen!

Aesthetically, that would be fantasic! (In regards to the metal under plastic layer idea.)