[Report] (LTD & STD) Niles Illinois 12/21/13

The Limited Format was Hosted By Ultramarine, and I hosted the Standard.
Google Maps had our drive estimated at 2:46 minutes and with the anticipated storms we left 4 hours early, or so we thought. We got there with time to spare so we found a Target to kill some time at, then went back to the park. The Limited was supposed to start at 12:00 it was about 12:10 and I posted if people dont get here soon we're leaving. Then Ultra posted, I wasn't planning on being there an hour early. I thought ohhhh duh and I realized I totally forgot about the fact we were in CST zone instead of EST zone. So I had everything set up well before anybody else was there the park was ok, had a covered concrete spot, no walls but it wasn't windy so we just had to deal with some slushy snow and the cold. I had my 4 stadiums set up on my tables above rugs for us to kneels on. There were no outlets to plug a laptop into although Ultramarine said his tablet could give off a hotspot. He used that but his internet wouldn't stay connect so he quickly created a spreadsheet and just filled in the winners, losers and scores which I thought was very smart instead of dealing with bad internet feed.

Limited: Put your Synchromes away
The Limited went well. We only had 8 bladers even though one of the attendees confirmed he'd have 3 friends there as well. We only used 2 of the stadiums allowing for 2 bladers to judge and there were 2 new bladers. Each judge called "3,2,1 go shoot" for their battles that helped keep things moving instead of waiting for both battles at the same time. There were a lot of stamina/defense balance combos like earth ____ 85-100 cs/wd, burn___230 cs/D, limited use of gravity as I'm not sure it won a single match while being used at least 4 times. Shining used a wide range of zero-g combos but not against me so I did not get to see how they faired. I went 6-1 in Round Robin with my only loss being with Gravity (stamina) AD145GCF. Shining God MS used his Duo Cygnus 230D in our last battle and it had loads more stamina than my burn. That really impressed me, and unfortunately because I lost to him in the finals I finished 3rd and wasn't able to pick that from the prize selection which one was included in. I think the cold weather made getting quality launches hard for attack users which played into the staminas dominating this event. 1st place: Scout25 2nd: Shining God MS 3rd: Coach.

Standard: Blizzard Bey Battle
With having the Limited right before the standard I had everything loaded on Challonge in my phone before it started. We took a small break before we got started so people could use the outhouse and warm up in their cars and such. It went rather smoothly, unfortunately soon after we got started the two new bladers decided they'd rather go shopping forfeiting the majority of their matches. I don't like tournaments like this. Cold weather is not good for tournaments attendance and this happened last year at my tournament in Lansing as well. Besides, or because of this it went rather quickly. The Challonge site on my phone worked excellent I was really happy as I was worried at first. Unlike the first tournament where nobody was using attack, Wyatt V2 used only attacks. The Illinois meta was very stamina heavy. I wish I would have realized that as the tournament went on instead of afterwards. Scout25 and Shining God MS were 1st and 2nd after the Round robin Scout used some odd balance combos including MF-H Basalt Kerbecs S130mb for a win and I believe the rest of the time was a revizer killerken. Shining God MS used many wyvang and dragoon combos with changing something between every battle.
There was a 4 way tie for 3rd between the rest of the bladers left. We ended up doing a round robin amonst us to decide who moves on to the Finals. Ultra after using only staminas mainly Revizer Killerken BGrin switched to a balro GCF combo while I used a balanced Killerken Genbull SA165 (attack)TB. he got a couple KOs I got a couple OS on him and the final round was crazy because of the SA165 caught the Tornado ridge as it got hit once and must have taken more stamina out than I thought and he was able to stall around me then outspin me for the win after all of us thought it was a done deal that I was going to win the battle. Ultra was up with a record or 2-0 while I beat Wyatt V2 and we were both at 1-1. I had to face Oddity at 0-2 while Wyatt had Ultra. Oddity was the real underdog as we were lending him parts because he had many of his beys at school for a science project, I thought I was safe once again. Wyatt who was the attack master of the tournament he didn't care if you knew what he was using, he put his Wyvang^2 d125rf on his launcher and showed Ultra. Then he beat him. Oddity used Diablo Bull BD145rdf against me and beat me 3-2 with 3 KO's... again I went with my Genbull combo and could have kicked myself.
Wyatt and Ultra agreed to do another battle seeing they were tied at 2-1 even though Wyatt beat him head to head, he was confident and cocky. Not out thinking each other they both ended up using the same beys from the previous battle with the same outcome.
Finals included Scout25, Shining God MS, and Wyatt V2. Scout25 beat Wyatt V2 with Revizer Killerken E230CS, Then Wyatt V2 KO'd Shining God MS for the win. Shining was then unable to beat Scout giving Scout the Tournament title. 1st Place AGAIN Scout25, 2nd: Wyatt V2, 3rd: Shining God MS ending his 4 tournament streak of 2nd places.
It was a fun time met some great bladers for the first time in Ultramarine and Scout25. Hope to do it again, just really hope we can get more bladers for the next time.
The Illinois meta isn't stamina heavy, it is stamina, haha. We never use defense, and attack is rare.
I can backup everything in this thread, great job Coach!

I had lots of fun, and too hope we can do it again soon.