Removing Penalty pockets.

Anyone ever done this? I was thinking of it because I can't stand them and my cyber draciel stadium is annoying enough for my blades. It would also make it A LOT more like a Takara stadium. Lowering the walls would make it a little better looking too. I really just can't stand the look of Hasbro stadiums. They are to fancy. Takara stadiums such as the tower stadium and the ultimate stadium can still be awesome but not have the seizure inducing graphics. (Vortex anyone?) The vortex stadium from Hasbro must be the one of the best, if not the only best, stadium from Hasbro.
The Vortex was AWFUL, it was too huge and almost completely flat.
You don't actually have to remove the penalty pockets completely, just cut a hole in the pocket walls facing the inside of the stadium. This will prevent the bey from popping back into the stadium after they've been knocked out and you won't have to cut the carp out of your beystadium.
Meh, I kinda already did that Tongue_out. I'm thinking about buying some sheet metal and making a bowl.
Sticky Wrote:Meh, I kinda already did that Tongue_out. I'm thinking about buying some sheet metal and making a bowl.

You could probably just get a Japanese stadium.
I would, but ever since I had my god father order something with his card without looking for a keylogger first, he was hacked. Then he hasd his card set so it could not be used on the internet.
The vortex stadium was one of my most disappointing beyblade purchases Unhappy It's huge and looks pretty cool, but as Brad stated- it's almost completely flat. The majority of battles I had in it ended up being based on endurance, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just not very interesting :\

The only hasbro stadium I recall enjoying was one of the first ones they released. I can't find a picture of it, but it's very small and clear. It had a really deep dish. As the blades got bigger it got less and less useful though...

My favourite stadium is definitely my takara HMS one.
Yeah, the Vortex was my first real stadium and was disappointing. I was better off buying the bootleg chinese stadiums (some of them were honestly really cool, I'd still like one of those deep giant ones).

The Vortex battles weren't even based on endurance, more like solo spin time, they almost never made contact. Auto Change Base was great for it. ;D
you know, looking at the picture of the vortex stadium on the hasbro website tripped me out until i saw it in store. being that the picture was top down, the green paint made it look like the center of the dish was below the surface, forming a crazy funnel type shape (haha vortex). puzzled me for ages lol

anyway I modded the stadium using a hair dryer or boiling water toe stretch it. never came out uniform though.

Sticky, try using toilet paper rolls in the pockets, works pretty well, or you can use cardboard and tape to block them off entirely.
I already cut of the excess and it turned out quite nice. I can take a pick of it if you want.
That looks a LOT better, good job!

Also Blue, the pic of the Vortex freaked me out too.
Thanks for the compliment, Brad! It works well to. Since is just sits on it's center (It doesn't wobble like crazy, though), I might make a wooden frame for it.
Wow, yeah you did a good job cutting that Grin I'd have probably ruined my stadium XD Does the fact that it rests on the ground make the bowl flatten out, or is the plastic thick enough to hold its shape?
It is definitely thick enough. A wooden stand of some sort would make it a little nicer though. Right now it's really nice. No loud noises and excessive scratching on the blades now. The way I cut it was use scissors but it was choppy so I just used some smaller scissors on my multi-tool to get rid of the rest that was not needed.
Sticky Wrote:It is definitely thick enough. A wooden stand of some sort would make it a little nicer though. Right now it's really nice. No loud noises and excessive scratching on the blades now. The way I cut it was use scissors but it was choppy so I just used some smaller scissors on my multi-tool to get rid of the rest that was not needed.

File edges.