Recent Eats (ELABORATE!)

i ate some french fries. they tasted like they were fried in lard and some salt o top.
I just had a bag of chips from the Fish and Chip shop up the road. (: They were pretty nice, although I can't eat large portions of them so I feel a bit sick now. >_> Still good, though.
Had some clam chowder, some clamcakes, and a turkey burger. (all at the same place.) The clam chowder was thick and creamy, and the best EVER!!! The clamcakes were awesome, but it only had one tiny little piece of clam in it... sigh.... The turkey burger tasted like a regular beef burger, and it was all juicy and delicious!
The last thing I ate was Schezwan style chicken and rice at a restaurant called Maid in China downtown. The meat was alright, but the schezwan sauce was disgusting. It had a weird consistancy and not so great taste. I ended up puking it up later in the day, because it never sat right in my stomach... and I was running suicides.

Never eating at Maid in China again. That was disgusting food, and the service was horrible. They were messing up orders like no tomorrow, and the food came super slow.
This isn't too new but it's pretty recent. I ate sine cookies my sister made. It was a short bake cookie with icing. I was playing around with her icing gun and I made a mega iced cookie. I felt sick after eating it, but I the cookies themselves were good. They weren't soft when I ate them they had a nice slight crisp texture to it. It wasn't sweet just at the right consistency, it was well baked. My sister never bakes for me so it was quite the treat.
I ate a grilled burger (I did that myself) with lettuce, bacon, tomatos, ketchup, mayo, and an egg at abot 2:30. It was unhealthy but it was delicious... My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Then I ate a few carrots and went out to my friends house.

Right now dad is grilling a ham.Joyful_3......
I just had some sardines dipped in vinegar. Ridiculously tasty, but bad for my health...

I only eat it once a week, though.
I had some Thai food, which consisted of kebabs, some wierd soup, some prawns and some crab ball thing. It was okay, but i dont intend on going to that part of town AGAIN
I had just eaten Chicken served on rice. The recipe came from a cookbook/coupon book from campbell's soup. The rice was cooked in chicken broth and the chicken was baked quite well. The rice was in what I think was cream of muchroom soup, which I love to use with chicken sometimes. All in all, the meal was simple, but the simplicity is what made it so wonderful!
Sounds good.

I've been making this omelette a lot:

1. 2-3 eggs, whisk with a little cream/milk (whichever you prefer really, only small amounts though otherwise the consistency will be too soft, and it will tear)

2. grab a liberal bunch of sage, and throw that in.

3. While frying (preferably in butter) throw in some fetta in a line (somewhat wide) down the middle, hand crumble it to get that rustic feel.

4. fold over each side of the omelette (on each side of the line of fetta) then flip and fry on the other side.

5. Serve with toast.

It tastes good IMO, I love sage and the random bursts of flavour from the fetta is great.

Adding tomato is optional, but I'd suggest to deseed it.

My favourite breakfast recipe I know so far.

Especially since I somewhat made it up on the spot a few days ago hah.
Had some carp horrible sushimi pepared by my Japenese teacher in lesson I stayed away from the Fugu could have been worse ^__^ almost puked because of the sesame salmon.
Hm, for my breakfast, I'm having quite the rarity, especially in Vancouver. I had white rice, with natto (fermented soy beans) to go with, as well as some grilled wild salmon and miso soup. I also have some pickled daikon and spinach gomae for veggies, and I also have a plate of gyoza.

White rice is white rice, so there's nothing too much to say about that, but natto with rice is so good. It has quite the strong odour, similar to alcohol in a sense as it is fermented. It's really "stringy" when you pull it up with your chopsticks, and the taste is indescribable; it actually is, you guys have to try it.

The grilled salmon was good; crispy and sweet skin, while tender on the inside. I love the sauce my mum used. The miso soup was akamiso, which has more flavour, and my mum also added enoki mushrooms, konbu seaweed and soft tofu cubes. T'was really good.

The daikon was just the yellow kind you get in an Asian supermarket (T&T, Fujiya, etc. if you're familiar with the names), so it was nothing to special. Spinach Gomae was also decent. All she did was steam the spinach, and bunch to together really tightly, then sprinkle sesame seeds on it. And the gyoza was awesome - chicken and celery is pretty good, but I have another favourite kind of gyoza.

Edit: Here are videos of Natto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KSZMQ66FLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_u63CwsdMA
Had some dimsum and sushi, haven't had some in awhile. It was great to have a taste of them again.
Got it from T&T Supermarket Smile!
(Oct. 05, 2010  5:18 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Hm, for my breakfast, I'm having quite the rarity, especially in Vancouver. I had white rice, with natto (fermented soy beans) to go with, as well as some grilled wild salmon and miso soup. I also have some pickled daikon and spinach gomae for veggies, and I also have a plate of gyoza.

White rice is white rice, so there's nothing too much to say about that, but natto with rice is so good. It has quite the strong odour, similar to alcohol in a sense as it is fermented. It's really "stringy" when you pull it up with your chopsticks, and the taste is indescribable; it actually is, you guys have to try it.

The grilled salmon was good; crispy and sweet skin, while tender on the inside. I love the sauce my mum used. The miso soup was akamiso, which has more flavour, and my mum also added enoki mushrooms, konbu seaweed and soft tofu cubes. T'was really good.

The daikon was just the yellow kind you get in an Asian supermarket (T&T, Fujiya, etc. if you're familiar with the names), so it was nothing to special. Spinach Gomae was also decent. All she did was steam the spinach, and bunch to together really tightly, then sprinkle sesame seeds on it. And the gyoza was awesome - chicken and celery is pretty good, but I have another favourite kind of gyoza.
wow, your so descriptive, you made me hungry Joyful_3. I had some rice with spicy chicken. I got it from my nearest Chinese express. The White sticky rice was cooked perfectly. The chicken 'curry of some sort' went great with the rice. It was spicy at times, and the actual chicken was chewy but tender inside. Along with it, i had some tea and spring rolls.
I had just came out of the hospital today and I went to this restaraunt with my dad. I had an Omelete which was a golden and greatly cooked. It had ham right off the bone, sausage, hickory smoked bacon, and chedder cheese inside.

The side were country patatoes with grilled oninons, tomatoes, and what I believe to be very small peices of sausage. I also had pancakes with syrup. They were so fluffy I could sleep on them. And for a drink, apple juice. I couldn't eat my whole thing so we packed it up and went home.

Got home at about 10:25. I had to go to school now even though it started at 8:30 Tired. When I got there, it was luch time and I was of course already stuffed. For lunch was Pizza sticks with chese and a side of sauce to dip them in. I already knew it was disgusting so I traded my lunch for a Juice a honey bun and Cool Ranch Doritos. I traded the honey bun for 2 pieces of chicken and then 1 piece of chicken for 2 peices of pizza. (Im a great trader) I din't eat it though because I was full so I packed it up and went home at 3:00. Now I have a good lunch.
I just had a Kebab. The seasoning was awesome!
Sorry for sorta necro-ing this thread. I just made the most heavenly hash-brown potatoes. Here's the recipe if anyone would like to try it:

6 Red Potatoes - Grated(You can use 3 Russets; my reds were very small is why I used 6)
Half an Onion - Sliced into small pieces
Half a teaspoon of Salt - You can use a bit more; depends on your taste
5 Shakes from a shaker of Black Pepper - Again, you can use more; depends on your taste

Method:
After you wash, peel, and rid the potatoes of the roots, grate them up. Next, take a whole onion, and slice if halfway and use it. Peel off the dry parts of the onion, and start chopping it into fine pieces. In a big bowl, put the potatoes and the onions together, and mix them well. Next add your salt and pepper, and mix until it's been finely mixed together. Now you're ready to fry them!

Set your element on your stoves to medium high heat. To test whether the skillet is hot enough, run your hand under some water, and then flick the water on the skillet. If the water "dances" on the surface, then your ready to make some legendary hash-browns (that was for Heart). In a large skillet, use a decent amount a veggie oil; you can use however much you wish.

With a wooden spoon, form palm-sized patties on the oil in the skillet. It should make the generic sizzling noise. Cook each side for about five minutes, or until it's golden brown. When you flip the patties to the side that hasn't been cooked yet, you'll need a bit more oil, so find some space in the skillet, dab some oil, and flip the patty over to the spot where there's oil.

Since I used a large skillet, I was able to cook about four-five patties at a time. Keep repeating the cooking method until you've used all of your potato mixture and everything has been cooked. If you plan to do two loads, it's recommended to pre-heat your ovens to the lowest temperature. This is so you can have your first round of hash-browns warm when you serve everything together, rather than to just leave it out on your counters.

My thoughts: The seasoning was just right this time. I've been trying this recipe out for a while now, but I've never gotten them to be this crispy. Salt and pepper amounts was just right; I was able to feel the "essence" of each. Using half an onion was the correct way to go; the last time I tried it, I didn't use enough. All in all, the patties were golden brown, and tasted delicious.

This is a fun and simple recipe that will not only please you, but it'll please your family/guests, and whomever you serve it to.