Real Life Anime Stadiums legal for WBO Tournaments?

(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: perhaps we should start a bey juggling official event at WBO tournaments?
i supposed that’s at least able to be standardized...

This could still be standardized, so long as a decision is made about what exactly to be used.

Yes, the "just get a satellite dish" bit isn't going to cut it. So I'd say about becoming legal, it's got a ways to go before being considered.

Too early to be considered, but it's not impossible by a long shot. It's just a matter of agreeing to something.
(Mar. 04, 2018  4:56 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: perhaps we should start a bey juggling official event at WBO tournaments?
i supposed that’s at least able to be standardized...

This could still be standardized, so long as a decision is made about what exactly to be used.

Yes, the "just get a satellite dish" bit isn't going to cut it. So I'd say about becoming legal, it's got a ways to go before being considered.

Too early to be considered, but it's not impossible by a long shot. It's just a matter of agreeing to something.

why do you assume it has never been considered before?  

anything is possible
but a standardized implementation of a homemade device is a far reach

if TT made one, that would be a different story, obviously
(Mar. 04, 2018  5:02 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: why do you assume it has never been considered before?  

I didn't say that, at all. ...? I am saying, it's not worth considering yet. Being considered and worth being considered (yet) are two separate things.

In case I need to keep explaining, here's a question, how can you make a new stadium legal if you don't even know what to actually make legal? If you haven't actually decided on what this new stadium will be?

You can't. It's not a fully-formed enough idea yet. It's still a baby, you could say.

Figure out a standardization, then it would be worth talking about making them legal. Otherwise, aren't we putting the cart before the horse?

Does that make more sense now than me thinking nobody thought of this before? I hope so! Ha.

(Mar. 04, 2018  5:02 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: anything is possible

It depends. If it's a matter of everyone just buying Satellite Dish Brand 37-E9 or Sled Dish 29B and just launching in it, that can still be standardized. (Issue comes if they have holes to patch, I guess? But maybe there is an idea not thought of yet.)

So first, figure out what makes a good big stadium that people can have fun in. What's the best size and other characteristics to look for? Then, try to find a standardization.

If you can't standardize it, then it probably shouldn't be legal. But even if someone could figure out an argument for that situation, the idea isn't fully formed enough yet to bother trying to come up with alternative arguments.
(Mar. 04, 2018  5:31 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  5:02 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: why do you assume it has never been considered before?  

I didn't say that, at all. ...? I am saying, it's not worth considering yet. Being considered and worth being considered (yet) are two separate things.

In case I need to keep explaining, here's a question, how can you make a new stadium legal if you don't even know what to actually make legal? If you haven't actually decided on what this new stadium will be?

You can't. It's not a fully-formed enough idea yet. It's still a baby, you could say.

Figure out a standardization, then it would be worth talking about making them legal. Otherwise, aren't we putting the cart before the horse?

Does that make more sense now than me thinking nobody thought of this before? I hope so! Ha.

(Mar. 04, 2018  5:02 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: anything is possible

It depends. If it's a matter of everyone just buying Satellite Dish Brand 37-E9 or Sled Dish 29B and just launching in it, that can still be standardized. (Issue comes if they have holes to patch, I guess? But maybe there is an idea not thought of yet.)

So first, figure out what makes a good big stadium that people can have fun in. What's the best size and other characteristics to look for? Then, try to find a standardization.

If you can't standardize it, then it probably shouldn't be legal. But even if someone could figure out an argument for that situation, the idea isn't fully formed enough yet to bother trying to come up with alternative arguments.

i’d disagree that it’s a baby of an idea.  it’s an old idea.  

as an aside,
have you settled on your first stadium yet? i can imagine how not having one would lead to lots of creative ideas.
@[TL14] I think it would be worth it to make a new thread that discusses coming up with the "best big stadium" for people to use and have fun with. We have people throwing around numbers and what to try, but I think it would benefit doing different testings and getting input from several different people. This seems like a good community project!

Be open to suggestions, and make it as easy as possible for people to get involved with setting up their own stadiums. Put links to options on Amazon and other stores for easy grabbing of test dishes.

Asking about making them legit competitively now is too soon and is pulling the conversation to debating about things as they currently stand, rather than helping to build up the idea of what would work. It's time being wasted on the wrong question.

So reframe the question to be about coming up with the best big stadium design. And if that works out successfully and can be standardized, then start asking about legalizing it.

Get the data, build the case, and then see where things go from there. Even if it doesn't get made legit for competitions, then there is still a cool option for people to enjoy, since the best kind to make would be all figured out. So it's a win in the end, either way, I think.

(Mar. 04, 2018  5:43 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’d disagree that it’s a baby of an idea.  it’s an old idea.  

as an aside,
have you settled on your first stadium yet? i can imagine how not having one would lead to lots of creative ideas.

I don't mean baby as in "new", the age is irrelevant. But if that's all you have to say, then that's a minor wording disagreement.

I have 2 stadiums that I have been playing in. Honestly, I feel like you're trying to belittle what I think at this point with a bit of ad hominem. =/

So, anything to actually say in response to what I said? Because I don't see it.
(Mar. 04, 2018  5:48 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: @[TL14] I think it would be worth it to make a new thread that discusses coming up with the "best big stadium" for people to use and have fun with. We have people throwing around numbers and what to try, but I think it would benefit doing different testings and getting input from several different people. This seems like a good community project!

Be open to suggestions, and make it as easy as possible for people to get involved with setting up their own stadiums. Put links to options on Amazon and other stores for easy grabbing of test dishes.

Asking about making them legit competitively now is too soon and is pulling the conversation to debating about things as they currently stand, rather than helping to build up the idea of what would work. It's time being wasted on the wrong question.

So reframe the question to be about coming up with the best big stadium design. And if that works out successfully and can be standardized, then start asking about legalizing it.

Get the data, build the case, and then see where things go from there. Even if it doesn't get made legit for competitions, then there is still a cool option for people to enjoy, since the best kind to make would be all figured out. So it's a win in the end, either way, I think.

(Mar. 04, 2018  5:43 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’d disagree that it’s a baby of an idea.  it’s an old idea.  

as an aside,

I don't mean baby as in "new", the age is irrelevant. But if that's all you have to say, then that's a minor wording disagreement.

I have 2 stadiums that I have been playing in. Honestly, I feel like you're trying to belittle what I think at this point with a bit of ad hominem. =/

So, anything to actually say in response to what I said? Because I don't see it.

which two stadiums? care to post a pic?

and no ad hominem!
i spent 30 minutes typing out a bey buyer's guide PM for your first beys.  please don’t misunderstand :)
(Mar. 04, 2018  5:57 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: which two stadiums? care to post a pic?

and no ad hominem!
i spent 30 minutes typing out a bey buyer's guide PM for your first beys.  please don’t misunderstand :)

OK, tone on the internet, ha. Sorry. I'll admit my bad then.

Not able to get pics at the moment, but I was able to go and dig up much of my old plastic gen gear earlier this week. I have the old Dragoon and Draciel stadiums, so no tornado ridge but a good big area at least (30cm diameter?). It's been pretty fun so far with my new Burst beys! I figure it'll hold me over until the Super Z stadium set comes out. We'll see. (Fun now, possible decisions can be later.)

That's one of the things I think is interesting about this topic. What's a good alternative to the best stadium? There doesn't seem to be something easy to find. If you can just buy a sled or something, that's pretty darn easy (and doesn't suffer Hasbro's particular problems). Plus, playing a different kind of game can be fun.
I have the vortex stadium from plastic gen. It works pretty well and is a bit bigger than the takara tomy burst stadium. I'll be using that until I make a stadium out of a satellite dish
The confusion on this thread could be cleared a fair bit if it was determined which of the following is the most accurate:

1: These stadiums are good because they are easy to obtain, and they function well enough.

2: these stadiums are good because they function very well, and they are obtainable enough.

3: functionality and obtainability are equally good reasons to use these stadiums.

If 1, the stadiums should not be considered for legality. If 2, they should be considered. If 3, they should be considered. (My opinion though.)
I really like the real-life anime stadium Idea, but, Since it isn't a real product It won't really be able to be legalized?
(ik, ik, There is an actual real life stadium for sale. I think its korean toy maybe?)

Sorry for double post :C

Anime stadiums do allow a bit more freedoms though, such as cool launches

(I've perfected Kurtz Launch YAY Grin)
Tldr. Unless your fighting spirit can literally control the movements and prolong the spin of your top toy to warrant a larger stadium where your chosen spirits can voodoo hokey pokey fight, this will never be legal. It's fun for free play though. Maybe a seperate fun format for it? I'd definitely support that. I'd be launching with a backflip son.
(Mar. 14, 2018  2:53 AM)Jay Dragoon Wrote: I really like the real-life anime stadium Idea, but, Since it isn't a real product It won't really be able to be legalized?
(ik, ik, There is an actual real life stadium for sale. I think its korean toy maybe?)

Sorry for double post :C

Anime stadiums do allow a bit more freedoms though, such as cool launches

(I've perfected Kurtz Launch YAY Grin)

link for the stadium?
http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscod...eedClose=y

I found it...a stadium...its smaller than sleds, but it is plastic and made specifically for tops, so idk. It's some kind of toymega brand, but info is there for dimensions/size, with a video link for a demo thing...
That's pretty cool man, I just ordered one.
I found grey ones at an "Emart" store, but their site didn't have it. Planning to go today to a Lotte store (?).

Note: the slope of the stadium seems more akin to the slope of actual stadiums. Do note that the video does not provide an example that can he compared to organized play or expert launch skill etc.
I can probably use my vortex stadium to create a ridge as seen in the regular takara tomy stadium
That's a great find! Let us know how it goes!
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Unanswe...pid1440392
http://m.coupang.com/vm/products/6310764...레이드%20스타디움

https://youtu.be/ZK2Ze1JbJIE