Real Blading

Could be just me though, but thats what I always thought..

it was always a 4 digit number..
Yeah, I think HMS got like nine thousand or something, wether I read if on bbd or beywiki I can't remember.
ahh you guys were right, looks like the culprite was a very dodgy formla, we're looking at something much closer to 30,000 RPM (or 28,800 if you want to be more precise)
So this is a topic about replicating an existing game to make it the real game?
(Jun. 15, 2009  1:49 AM)Deikailo Wrote: So this is a topic about replicating an existing game to make it the real sport?

Fixed lol

But yeah, pretty much.
(Jun. 15, 2009  2:13 AM)Aqua Wrote: Fixed lol

But yeah, pretty much.
No, I'm wondering how a person tries to make a replication more authentic than the original.Speechless
Perhaps you should just make these blades but not make them into a sport. Just have fun with them and show us some pics?
(Jun. 14, 2009  11:56 PM)Ampz Wrote: ahh you guys were right, looks like the culprite was a very dodgy formla, we're looking at something much closer to 30,000 RPM (or 28,800 if you want to be more precise)

hahaha yeah right

1. you're lying
2. some kid would die
That rotation speed is far too high. For the size you speak of, even 5k RPM would likely be too high. This is the estimated rotation speed for plastic blades.
ok first things first i am not "some kid" im out of school now.
secondly its basic physics, using gears, if i recal, the original beyblade launchers have 1 cog inside, well adding more cogs with less and less teeth = a faster rotation speed, yes it will increase the resistance of pulling the ripcord but i think the outcome far outweighs that.

im not here to argue for this, i made this post to inform people about it, if you dont like the idea of it then dont take part in it. I was ofcourse expecting skepticism, and when we get a prototype set up ofcourse i will post a video, becuase at the end of the day its hard to trust words written in a forum by someone you've never heard of.
And I build things and work with machine tools.

Yes, reducing the gear ratio will increase the maximum output speed. Yes, it will increase resistance on the winder.

You absolutely will not reach rotation speeds that high with something that is pulled by hand. Especially with the size and weight of the spinning mass. It's just not going to happen.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:45 AM)Ampz Wrote: im not here to argue for this, i made this post to inform people about it, if you dont like the idea of it then dont take part in it.
It's Brad's forum. At the end of the day, he's the one paying for you to post this. It's also about playing Takara-Tomy's and Hasbro's game, Beyblading. I don't think this passes off as Beyblading.
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:49 AM)Deikailo Wrote: It's Brad's forum. At the end of the day, he's the one paying for you to post this. It's also about playing Takara-Tomy's and Hasbro's game, Beyblading. I don't think this passes off as Beyblading.

hot dog! we have a wiener!
(Jun. 15, 2009  7:02 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: hot dog! we have a wiener!
I hate hot dogs. :{
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:48 AM)Anubis Wrote: And I build things and work with machine tools.

Yes, reducing the gear ratio will increase the maximum output speed. Yes, it will increase resistance on the winder.

You absolutely will not reach rotation speeds that high with something that is pulled by hand. Especially with the size and weight of the spinning mass. It's just not going to happen.

Yeah but if HMS already reach 9000, I can see this kid getting like 15000 or something..
That's insane.. Would be fun to watch a video of them..

Also I wonder.. if the rotation speeds get too high, won't the beyblade rip itself apart?
(Jun. 15, 2009  1:02 PM)Ghost Wrote: Yeah but if HMS already reach 9000, I can see this kid getting like 15000 or something..

haha

I can't tell whether this is a serious post or a dragonball z reference!
I really don't think HMS actually reach rotation speeds that high. I really wish I had the appropriate tools to test this. I'm basing my hypothesis on the fact that the HMS dual shooter actually is less powerful than the EZ shooter and there's way more friction on the winder. The speed increase is based entirely on the blade's size. That's why I don't think they're spinning twice as fast. Faster probably, but not that much faster.

Also, let me just make this simple. Show us a prototype. Until then, it's just talk.
I think the real issue you're going to hit is overcoming a large chunk of metal's moment of inertia. HMS and MFB are able to reach high speeds because the perpendicular distance to the axis of rotation is very small and the plastic components prevent the mass from getting too high. If you scale up both the distance to the axis of rotation and the mass, you'll be exponentially increasing the moment of inertia.
(Jun. 15, 2009  1:06 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: haha

I can't tell whether this is a serious post or a dragonball z reference!

LOL, I actually didn't intend to do thatTongue_out...

But either way, lets just wait till this guy has some workable prototype..
Hey Ampz I have a few questions:

1- What software do you use for the designs?
2- What tools/machines do you have to make the metal parts?
3- What kind of metal will you use?
4- Can you give us a release date for the prototype?

I hope the project is going well Smile
(Jun. 15, 2009  2:40 PM)Nuno Wrote: Hey Ampz I have a few questions:

1- What software do you use for the designs?
2- What tools/machines do you have to make the metal parts?
3- What kind of metal will you use?
4- Can you give us a release date for the prototype?

I hope the project is going well Smile

1) we use a combination of pro - desktop with pen and paper designs
2) we have a foundry etc set up in my mates back garden
3) most likely aluminum cos its pretty light weight and its inexpensive
4) not really Uncertain i'll try and get in touch with my mate later too see when he's up to do this. And i'll post a video up tooTongue_out

and thanks Smile

The blade wont spin itself apart if its designed to reach those speeds Wink

and that dragon ball z thing made me laugh Tongue_out
(Jun. 15, 2009  1:02 PM)Ghost Wrote: Yeah but if HMS already reach 9000, I can see this kid getting like 15000 or something..

Also I wonder.. if the rotation speeds get too high, won't the beyblade rip itself apart?

The average HMS spins at 6000 RPM (100 RPS), and the plastic series as an average spun at between 50-70 RPS..
Can't see the blades being created by these guys reaching the kind of RPS that they're claiming to be capable of, without launching the blades with some kind of engine.
(RPS taken from http://web.archive.org/web/2005022312544...rview.html)
(Jun. 15, 2009  5:40 PM)Ampz Wrote: 1) we use a combination of pro - desktop with pen and paper designs
2) we have a foundry etc set up in my mates back garden
3) most likely aluminum cos its pretty light weight and its inexpensive
4) not really Uncertain i'll try and get in touch with my mate later too see when he's up to do this. And i'll post a video up tooTongue_out

1) It's gonna pretty damn hard to make intricate designs with Prodesktop. I don't wanna think about the number of extrusions.....unless your sticking to cogs and drawing out the intricate stuff? Which makes me wonder why you'd use ProDesktop in the first place....or are you using basic shapes to see how Prototypes might work?
(Jun. 15, 2009  6:21 PM)Rocky Wrote: 1) It's gonna pretty damn hard to make intricate designs with Prodesktop. I don't wanna think about the number of extrusions.....unless your sticking to cogs and drawing out the intricate stuff? Which makes me wonder why you'd use ProDesktop in the first place....or are you using basic shapes to see how Prototypes might work?

yeah, pro-desktop is mainly about seeing cogs and making very basic beyblades <which we only really used to see what they would look like witht he proportions we set, i did try making a detailed attack ring but pro desktop definatly isnt the way to go for that sort of thing, so scale drawings on paper are now used for that stuff