Ray Joker's Galaxy Pegasis Draft! (Ready for Checking)

WTH? It doesn't come with GB145S. Those parts aren't even in BB-75. It comes with clear blue W105R2F.
Wow, I didn't even know that.

I was sneaking around the BB-75 topic, and Kai-V said it came with GB145S. (Must've had an update I guess.)

Woops, I'll change it, thanks!
If I remember what BB-75 is, that set indeed had a last-minute change of parts, like BB-96.
I think you should go into description about if the R2F does wear away why it would make the Beyblade better?I thought R2F breaks easily would that make it worse what would the difference in performance be?

Thanks T,G,M
What on earth are you talking about? R2F?
Sorry meant R2F
(Mar. 23, 2011  9:31 PM)Dan Wrote: What on earth are you talking about? R2F?
I meant R2F
Edited it it says R2f
(Mar. 23, 2011  9:29 PM)pom66 Wrote: I think you should go into description about if the R2F does wear away why it would make the Beyblade better?I thought R2F breaks easily would that make it worse what would the difference in performance be?
Thanks T,G,M

The surface area would be larger, and there would be more fricton, increasing attack power. R2F breaks easily, where did you get that from?
I don't think he realizes that it's made of rubber... I'm pretty sure he meant 'wears down easily'...
I don't know if this thread has been given up on, but in the closing paragraph it says "compromised of" it should be COMPRISED of. Sorry if this is a necro
I haven't gotten a response from Kei yet. (Still sort of waiting)

Thanks, i'll edit it.
so... r2f wears out faster than rf? i thought it was the other way around?
(Jan. 27, 2011  11:31 PM)Ray Joker Wrote: Since this is a rubber Attack Bottom, a new R²F is harder to control than a new RF, mainly because it moves much faster. This makes RF a better choice for controllability and stamina, while R²F is a better choice for speed and power. Like RF however, it is essential to wear the rubber of R²F before competitive use, as this allows the Beyblade to create a flower pattern more easily. A R²F will wear down twice as fast when compared to an RF because of increased friction with the stadium floor (Is this necessarily true?). A clear sign to show that an R²F is worn enough to be in its prime condition is when the indented lines that form a star shape inside R²F's perimeter are completely gone.

I've made a slight change to one of your sentences because it mentioned wear/worn twice and it sounded awkward, but other than that, this is another great draft. I also don't know if R²F necessarily wears down twice as quickly, nor am I sure that it wears down more quickly anyway; as usual, if anybody else has any input into this, and the draft in general, please post!

We'll get this, as well as your other draft, up soon, asap. Good job.
Thank you very much ♥!

I think it was Fyuuor (I'm not completely sure) that stated R2F worn down faster than an RF. I think he said twice as fast but it was probably an exaggeration.
Quote:A R²F will wear down twice as fast when compared to an RF because of increased friction with the stadium floor.

Can anyone explain how R2F increases the friction with the stadium floor at all?
If anything, I think it would decrease friction because the actual bottom is pretty much an outline of the shuriken shape with a dot in the middle, decreasing the surface area that contacts the stadium when the tip is parallel with the floor.
Also, when the beyblade spins, it sort of teeters on the edge of the tip in a circle. Because of the shuriken shape, the spaces between points are times where the beyblade is either in the air, or only making contact with one or two points, where a regular round tip would always have a point making contact with the floor.

This is just the way I think of it and I was wondering if I'm wrong, and why.
I'm bumping this because this is basically another Beywiki ready article, other than that Vulcan combo, hah. I don't know about the other versions section though.
Which would be best for R2F?
You could basically use any wheel, but to show it's for right spin it's probably best to use a right spin wheel. You could do MF Beat Lynx GB145R2F.

You could use VariAres, Gravity Perseus, but I'd use a right spin only.
Edited, thanks!
Sorry for the double post, but I edited a few things and shortened some sentences.

Any help with flow, grammar, word-use, clarity, etc. would be helpful.

Other than that, I'm waiting to see if Kei approves this or not, so hopefully he can check this out soon.
(Jan. 27, 2011  11:31 PM)Ray Joker Wrote: Galaxy has three curved ridges on the top of each wing, and five small spikes on the bottom. Galaxy has four indented separations that are melded into the wing that is visible on the outside.
these sentences don't go well together since they start the same.

Quote:Since the Galaxy Metal Wheel smoothly curves into the main section of the Metal Wheel, [... ]
Quick addition.

Quote:This creates more friction traction with the stadium's floor, causing it to move quicker than an RF.
Quick addition as well.

Other than that, I think it's perfect.
Edited (and slightly re-worded) those mistakes you gave me.

Thanks, Shabalabadoo!

Now, all I need is for Kei to check this.
I tried to spiffy it up a bit, albeit not much. I do think it could use some work.
Quote:Face: Pegasis
The Face depicts Pegasus, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Pegasis II
• Weight: 3.1 grams
The Pegasis II Clear Wheel was originally released in a semi-transparent, light blue color. The Clear Wheel depicts the wings and heads of Pegasis, much like the previous Pegasis Clear Wheel. On each of the wings shows the letters P-E-G-I, short for Pegasis, in a red color.

Metal Wheel: Galaxy
• Weight: 29.4 grams
Galaxy was originally released in a metallic blue paint scheme. Much like Pegasis and Storm, Galaxy's main shape consists of three rounded, wing-like forms intended to depict the wings of Pegasis, and each wing has two separate protrusions. There are four indented separations on each wing, complimented by three curved ridges on the top and five small spikes on the bottom. Each of the undersides are hollow, making Galaxy very light.

Though Galaxy has a very violent appearance, in actual battle it is very restrained; it is unable to deliver a great amount of Smash even at high speeds, primarily because of its light weight and rounded protrusions. As such, Galaxy is easily outclassed by other Attack Wheels of it its time and not recommended to be used competitively.

Track: Wing 105
• Weight: 1.2 grams
Wing 105, or W105, consists of two curved wing-like fins that slant downwards, like DF145. The main purpose of this Track is to push air upwards to provide extra Stamina, but the effect this Track produces is negligible, therefore it has as much competitive value as a regular 105 track. W105 should only be used in the absence of 85, 90, and 100 in both Stamina and Attack customizations.

Bottom: Right Rubber Flat
• Weight: 0.8 grams
Right Rubber Flat, shortened to R²F, is the most vital part of this Beyblade and is the only reason to own Galaxy Pegasis competitively. R²F is very similar to RF, and is an overall upgraded version of it. R²F consists of six curved spikes that face to the right intended for predominant use in Right-Spin combos. This new design creates more traction with the stadium floor, causing it to move quicker than an RF. However, its stamina is greatly decreased due to the increase in speed and friction compared to the original RF. This also means an R²F will wear down faster than an RF.

Since this is a rubber Attack Bottom, a new R²F is harder to control than a new RF, mainly because it moves much faster. This makes RF a good choice for controllability and stamina, while R²F is a better choice for speed and power. Like RF however, it is essential to wear the rubber of R²F before competitive use, as this allows the Beyblade to spin into a "flower pattern" more easily. A clear sign that shows when an R²F is in its prime is when the indented lines that form a star shape inside R²F's perimeter are completely gone.

Use in Attack Customization
R²F can be utilized in a multitude of Attack customizations, with the most prominent being MF Blitz Unicorno CH120R²F.

Other Versions
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-75 Deck Entry Set (Turquoise Green)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-76 Galaxy Pegasus DX Set (Clear Ver.)
Galaxy Pegasis GB145MS Black Hole Ver. - CoroCoro Limited Edition (Black)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - WBBA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Prizes - (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F - BB-92 Booster (Clear Ver.)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Hasbro: Triple Battle Set (Opaque Sky Blue Clear Wheel, Red Metal Wheel)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Faceoff: StarBooster Attack (Dark Red with Blue Details)
Galaxy Pegasis W105R²F- Hasbro: Ultimate Gift Set: (Opaque Light Blue)

Overall
Though much of this Beyblade leaves a lot to be desired, R²F more than makes up for the lackluster parts. It is essentially an upgraded version of RF in terms of speed and power, and considered to be better for most situations. R²F is the only reason to purchase this. Every Blader should own multiples of this Beyblade.
The description of the wings is a bit confusing, I had to read it a couple times. The sentenced that says it is hollow is not in the best possible location (it's sorta plopped in the middle of the description of the wings), and there's a couple spots where a different word should be used to make it more clear.

There's not much to be changed, you don't mind if I go ahead and change some things, right? I only ask because it feels like I'm being an carp changing it right after you did.
Go ahead, I didn't edit the MW section except for the last little paragraph.

(Jan. 15, 2012  7:09 PM)Dan Wrote: Metal Wheel: Galaxy
• Weight: 29.4 grams
Galaxy was originally released in a metallic blue paint scheme. Much like Pegasis and Storm, Galaxy's main shape consists of three rounded, wing-like forms intended to depict the wings of Pegasis, and each wing has two separate protrusions. There are four indented separations on each wing, complimented by three curved ridges on the top and five small spikes on the bottom. Each of the undersides are hollow, making Galaxy is very light.

Though Galaxy has a very violent appearance, in actual battle it is very reserved. It is unable to deliver a great amount of Smash even at high speeds, primarily because of its light weight and rounded protrusions. As such, Galaxy is easily outclassed by other Attack Wheels of it its time and not recommended to be used competitively.

I ended up only editing the Metal Wheel section.

It was really difficult. It was written in a way that when anything got moved, it looked odd. I'm pretty satisfied with what I did though, tell me if I did a good job or not.