Ray Joker's Flame Byxis 230WD Article Draft

Sorry for being late for this, I know there's a few people that already have a draft. I had this article in my folders somewhere, and have just finished my rough draft today. I still need expansion with the 230 part.

Face: Byxis
The Face depicts Pyxis, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Byxis
Byxis is originally released in a bluish green color. It is overall round in shape, and has four arrows. There are two large arrows that can be used to place two stickers on it. The remaining two arrows have a dark blue color. The Clear Wheel represents a compass, with four circular symbols to represent North, South, East, and West.

Metal Wheel: Flame
The Metal Wheel Flame was first released with Flame Sagittario C145S. It is predominantly circular, with two small spikes and two additional smaller gaps on its circumference. The Wheel is relatively thin throughout, with the very edge of the Wheel being slightly thicker. Due to the design of Flame where the Wheel’s perimeter is raised slightly, more of the Track below is exposed compared to other Wheels, hence making it easier for other Beyblades to strike its Track. This significantly reduces its Defense capabilities. While Flame lacks in Defense and Stamina customizations, it has found good use in Destabilizer customizations because of how relatively thin the Wheel actually is.

Use in Stamina customization

Flame can be utilized in the outclassed Stamina customization, Flame Bull 85WD.

Use in Destabilizer customization

Flame can be put to use in the Destabilizer customization Flame Cancer 100SF.

Track: 230
230 is the tallest Track released thus far. 230 is part of the Maximum Series, and is labeled as the Maximum height for Tracks. 230 is released in a light purple color, and has six indents near the top of the Track that sharpen downwards to about the half of the Track. 230 has an extra, reinforced layer of plastic to protect the Track more, since it is so vulnerable to Metal on Plastic collisions. Since 230 is so tall, it can wobble at great lengths for extra Stamina, and it uses its height as an advantage to protect itself from low incoming Attacks, by protecting the Metal Wheel from major contact while using the reinforced plastic to absorb most of the shock. This allows for excellent Stamina and Defense abilities. 230 can defeat any low Attack customization under the 120 height using top-tier Defense parts. 230 has also shown prominent Stamina abilities, as it can defeat low Track Stamina customizations, such as 85. With this said, 230 also has some noticeable weaknesses. As a Defense Beyblade, 230’s only weakness is against high Track Attack types such as MF Lightning L Drago CH120RF and MF Gravity Perseus R145RF. 230’s Stamina weaknesses are against high Stamina tracks like AD145 and 145, as it has shown to be equal when tested against each other.

Due to the recent testing of 230's dominance over most low Attack types, it has caused a shift in the Attack metagame. Bladers are developing ways to counter 230, as low Attack track types cannot simply put up with 230 as a Defense Track. The high Attack customizations stated are the only viable customizations that can really do any significant damage to 230, making 230 a very game-breaking and dominant Defense and Stamina piece that has shifted the Attack metagame, restricting the use of any low Track Attack customizations, along with low Track Stamina customizations.

230 can be put to use in the Stamina customization Burn Bull 230WD.

Use in Defense customization

230 can be utilized in the Defense customization MF-H Earth Bull/Aquario 230RS.

Bottom: Wide Defense
Weight: 0.7 grams
Wide Defense, as its name implies is one of the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, WD, PD, EWD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Virgo DF145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD has some defensive capabilities as well, but because it still uses a form of a sharp tip, its friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which, as a result, makes it easier to knock around than something like RS which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to RS which in rare cases would be an advantage, but RS more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast Attack types.

WD can be utilized in the Stamina customization Burn Bull 85WD.

Overall
Flame Byxis contains very useful parts. 230 makes this purchase worthwhile. With the dominance over low Track combos, 230 has shown great Defense and Stamina qualities that have changed the metagame. Flame Byxis also comes with WD, a top-tier Stamina Bottom. Flame has shown decent Destabilizer abilities, making this a good buy, along with 230 and WD. Every Blader should at least own one of this Beyblade.
The article is nice, better than the other drafts (no offense UnLeAsHeD). The 230 part doesn't really flow in terms of writing though. Maybe some transitions would be useful? You go from description to wobbling capabilities to dominance over low track attack for defense to attack weakness to stamina to stamina weakness to etc. A) the vulcan sentence isn't really necessary because you repeat a general statement of this much better in the sentence directly after. Try grouping strengths as stamina and defense with strengths, and weaknesses with weaknesses. Maybe you should add a subsection on the game-breaking qualities of 230, put your last few sentences into that section, and expand on that? Technically, Flame bull 85WD isn't outclassed, it's more similar to being part of a trifecta:
85>145>230>85 (whichever track is on the greater than side beats the one on the less than side). Maybe you should talk about this trifecta as part of the game-breaking piece subsection.
I think the order in the 230 section should be like this:
Description
Wobble capabilities
Strengths
However, weaknesses
then a subsection on the gamebreaking piece, using your last 3 sentences plus (possibly?) a mention of the trifecta.
But, this is very well written. Good job!
Thank you Ga'Hooleone!

I didn't have much time to work on transitions and such because of science fair, but now that I'm done I'll make those edits.
"While Flame is outclassed, 230 and WD make it up. "

Sounds funny haha, it should be "make up for it."
You haven't mentioned Flame's destabiliser use. Which is kinda essential since it's the best destabiliser wheel.
It isn't. btw, it also comes with WD wich is a great stamina track
(Jan. 19, 2011  9:15 AM)machipz Wrote: It isn't. btw, it also comes with WD wich is a great stamina tip
Fixed!
non so se capite l'italiano ma bannateme pure tn sto sito fa cagare fa skifo o capite è na merda venite su italian bey blade li si ke è mejo
(Jan. 19, 2011  9:15 AM)machipz Wrote: It isn't. btw, it also comes with WD wich is a great stamina track

It gets the highest results so yes it is.
(Jan. 19, 2011  12:34 PM)pegasus679 Wrote: non so se capite l'italiano ma bannateme pure tn sto sito fa cagare fa skifo o capite è na merda venite su italian bey blade li si ke è mejo

NO,Other languages than english please
Your all so stupid, its a correction to the OP.
This is an English forum... If he wants to speak Italian he has to do it in the Italian section. So you're the one who's stupid for not knowing the way this forum works.
'sup. machipz was pointing out an error in the Overall Section, not suggesting a change.

Honestly, you two both have high warning levels. Could you not try to be more civil?
Sorry I was talking about Flame. I misunderstood what he said thinking when he replied he was talking about the guy speaking Italian.
Thanks to everyone who gave me some help with the edits.

I added better transitions, corrected some spelling mistakes, etc.

Also, since 230 is very dominant, has there been anything on it being banned? I know it was mentioned somewhere in the Advanced Forum.
I doubt it will be banned. Libra was only banned cause at the time it was unstoppable since attack wheels weren't good enough to defeat it consistently. 230 combos can be beaten.
Ah I see, thanks.
I was thinking of a title like the one in the bistool and libra articles for the subsection about how gamebreaking 230 is... But it looks good. You could call Flame decent, because of its use as a great destabilizer, but it seems fine otherwise. How about bolding the "ever blader should own at least one of this beyblade" sentence?
I was thinking about that, but Libra was banned because it was that great, so I don't think a sub-section is needed, because 230 can be defeated.
could you perform some tests with the 230 track?
like on dark wolf 230hf/s vs meteo ldrago
There are already tests to prove 230's dominance. Plus, Kei won a tournament, iirc, with a 230RS defense custom.

BTW, that's a bad combo.
(Jan. 23, 2011  4:56 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: There are already tests to prove 230's dominance. Plus, Kei won a tournament, iirc, with a 230RS defense custom.

BTW, that's a bad combo.

it was 230cs that kei won the ST tournament.
anyways its a pretty good article.
TBH i dont really give a carp about it being a bad combo or not. but i do see your point on the 230hf/s since a low attacker like ldrago would be hitting hf/s instead of 230
Meteo L Drago would probably destabilize it, and I don't see it hitting the HF/S that much, or at all.

If you don't care about it being a bad combo, then it'll never show it's true potential.
Regarding Bluzee's 85 defeating 230 Track in Stamina, I'm not entirely sure what to put.

A lot of people can defeat 85 with 230, and yet Bluzee's results are the exact opposite.