Ray Joker's Flame Byxis 230WD Article Draft

You could put something like "Can be beaten by 85 but it can also defeat it"
It doesn't really make sense, IMO, because only two people have tested 85 against 230 and it won, while the rest have proved 230 can defeat 85.
I would not write anything about that for the moment.
Okay, thank you Kai-V!
Hey there, was writing a Flame Byxis 230WD draft when I found yours haha; this is the best draft of this we have, so I thought I would work off it and add some things too:

Quote:Face: Byxis
The Face depicts Pyxis, one of the 88 constellations in space. Pyxis represents the mariner’s compass.

Clear Wheel: Byxis

Weight: 2.7 grams

Byxis was originally released in a turquoise green color. It is overall round in shape, and has four arrows. There are two large arrows, on which stickers can be placed. The remaining two arrows have a dark blue color. The Clear Wheel represents a compass, with four circular symbols to represent North, South, East, and West. Byxis’s unique shape meanwhile allows it to be used in conjunction with certain Metal Wheels to expose their contact points more prominently.

Use in Attack Customisation
Byxis exposes Vulcan’s contact points to maximise its Smash Attack capabilities in the customisation MF Vulcan Byxis 85RF.

Metal Wheel: Flame

Weight: 32.5 grams

The Metal Wheel Flame was first released with Flame Sagittario C145S. It is predominantly circular, with two small spikes and two additional smaller gaps on its circumference. The Wheel is relatively thin throughout, with the very edge of the Wheel being slightly thicker. Due to the design of Flame where the Wheel’s perimeter is raised slightly, more of the Track below is exposed compared to other Wheels, hence making it easier for other Beyblades to strike its Track. This significantly reduces its Defense capabilities. While Flame lacks in Defense and Stamina customizations, it has found good use in Destabilizer customizations because of how relatively thin the Wheel actually is.

Use in Stamina customization
Flame can be utilized in the outclassed Stamina customization, Flame Bull 85WD.

Use in Destabilizer customization
Flame can be put to use in the Destabilizer customization Flame Cancer 100SF.

Track: 230

Weight: 4.1 grams

230 is the tallest Track released thus far. 230 is part of the Maximum Series, and is labeled as the Maximum height for Tracks. 230 has six indents near the top of the Track that sharpen downwards to about the half of the Track. 230 is rounder and thicker than regular Tracks with no gimmicks, in order to protect it structurally as it comes into regular contact with opposing Wheels. Its round and smooth shape results in significantly less recoil than if it were based on the traditional hexagonal Track shape. Since 230 is so tall, it can wobble at great lengths for extra Stamina, defeating various Stamina customisations with lower Tracks. From a defensive viewpoint, it uses its height as an advantage to protect itself from low incoming Attacks, by protecting the Metal Wheel from major contact while using the reinforced plastic to absorb most of the shock. As a result of this, 230 can defeat most low Attack customizations under the 120 height when paired with other top-tier Defense parts.

230 also has some notable weaknesses, however. As a Defense Track, 230 is extremely susceptible to tall Track Attack types in the opposite spin direction such as MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF and MF Gravity Perseus BD145RF. Additionally, TH170 at 220 height is successful against 230-based customisations, while also offering height-based versatility at the same time.

230 can be put to use in the Stamina customization Burn Bull 230D. D is a superior choice for 230 because it retains balance more easily than WD.

Use in Defense customization
230 is used in the staple Defense customisation Basalt Bull 230CS: its height combined with its weight make this a difficult opponent for Right-Spin Attack customisations to defeat, as they cannot make significant contact to deliver knockout blows.

Bottom: Wide Defense

Weight: 0.7 grams

Wide Defense, as its name implies is one of the widest of the “Defense” series of Bottoms (D, SD, WD, PD, EWD). This brings numerous advantages, but also some disadvantages when compared to the other “Defense” Bottoms. Because of its massive width that reaches the edge of the Bottom's perimeter, it is able to wobble at a significantly larger angle for a longer period of time than D or SD, and at a much lower spin rate. This can be advantageous in many battles, particularly those between two Stamina types when they are about to topple over; however, if you happen to have a weaker shot than your opponent who is using something such as Virgo DF145SD, WDs low spin rate towards the end of the battle will make it extremely easy for the opponent to knock it completely over. This low spin rate towards the end of the battle is created because in the process of wobbling at such a large angle, more friction is made with the stadium floor, thus decreasing its Stamina. This is all avoidable however if your shot is at least as powerful as your opponent, as the extra time it is able to spin on an angle will allow you to narrowly outspin your D or SD based opponent.

WD has some defensive capabilities as well, but because it still uses a form of a sharp tip, its friction with the stadium floor is decreased, which, as a result, makes it easier to knock around than something like RS which has much more friction with the stadium floor. WD does of course offer superior Stamina to RS which in rare cases would be an advantage, but RS more often than not has enough Stamina to outlast Attack types.

WD can be utilized in the Stamina customization Burn Bull 85WD.

Overall

Flame Byxis contains very useful parts. 230 makes this purchase worthwhile alone. With its dominance over low Track combos, 230 has shown great Defense and Stamina qualities that have changed the metagame. Flame Byxis also comes with WD, a top-tier Stamina Bottom, while Flame has shown decent Destabilizer abilities. Every Blader should at least own one of this Beyblade.

Comments/Crit/Suggestions welcome as usual, haha.
Shouldn't D be used in the 230 stamina combo? D was found to be the best choice for 230 stamina, WD's wobbling made it bad, and SD just failed epically.

And I believe its MF Vulcan Byxis 85RF/R2F, yes?

And edit that last sentence of Byxis, the meanwhile seems awkwardly placed. "Meanwhile, Byxis' unique shape allows it to be used with certain Metal Wheels to expose their contact points more prominently." sounds better IMO.
Ah yeah, you're right and I meant to change that. WD isn't a great choice for 230. MF is a good call too.

Removing the comma makes it sound better, but I don't think putting meanwhile at the start sounds great either.
True, it's just an awkward sentence in general.
going to bump this.
I wanted to make a Flame Byxis article, but obviously I would first look around and I came across this which has already been edited by an admin so I thought why not just reinvigorate this thread rather than make my own. (much simpler, and faster that way.)

Oh,
Quote:230 is rounder and thicker than regular Tracks with no gimmicks,
TBH its amazing height is a gimmick of its own, no?
and yeah maybe you should make it clearer that it is much smoother than other tracks which have a hexagonal type shape to them. This could very well play a large part in the fact that if it were to have the usual hexagonal type shape (85-145) it would have more recoil.
Perhaps a small and completely theoretical idea which shouldn't be included? lol
Isn't TH170 better?
That isn't really relevant, is it?
I wasn't replying to you, I was pointing out that TH170 is better than 230.

Example - Basalt TH170WF/CS > Basalt 230WF/CS
(Aug. 18, 2011  5:29 PM)Dan Wrote:
Quote:230 is rounder and thicker than regular Tracks with no gimmicks,
TBH its amazing height is a gimmick of its own, no?
and yeah maybe you should make it clearer that it is much smoother than other tracks which have a hexagonal type shape to them. This could very well play a large part in the fact that if it were to have the usual hexagonal type shape (85-145) it would have more recoil.
Perhaps a small and completely theoretical idea which shouldn't be included? lol

Arguably yes, but the point I was trying to illustrate here is the very point you've highlighted there too. You're right about the recoil issue, and I'll add that in.

(Aug. 18, 2011  6:40 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Isn't TH170 better?

I suppose we could add a sentence that TH170's versatility and height as TH220 makes it a superior choice to 230 now.

Other than that little thing, I felt everything was really good. (Update the recommended combinations, and we're good to go, I think!)
Shame I didn't get a crack at the article myself, haha.
Under clear wheel and track shouldn't it be was released instead of is released since it was released in the past?
Great draft, ♥!

By the way:

(Jun. 22, 2011  8:34 PM)♥ Wrote: Byxis was originally released in a turquoise green color. It is overall round in shape, and has four arrows. There are two large arrows, on which stickers can be placed. The remaining two arrows have a dark blue color. The Clear Wheel represents a compass, with four circular symbols to represent North, South, East, and West. Byxis’s unique shape meanwhile allows it to be used in conjunction with certain Metal Wheels to expose their contact points more prominently.

Isn't this supposed to be Byxis' ?
(Aug. 19, 2011  3:57 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: By the way:

(Jun. 22, 2011  8:34 PM)♥ Wrote: Byxis was originally released in a turquoise green color. It is overall round in shape, and has four arrows. There are two large arrows, on which stickers can be placed. The remaining two arrows have a dark blue color. The Clear Wheel represents a compass, with four circular symbols to represent North, South, East, and West. Byxis’s unique shape meanwhile allows it to be used in conjunction with certain Metal Wheels to expose their contact points more prominently.

Isn't this supposed to be Byxis' ?

In English, all proper names coupled with a possessive mark can be either "Alexis'" or "Alexis's", to the discretion of the writer.
Ah, ok, thanks for clearing that up Kai-V.
How bout MF(the customisable one) Basalt Aquario TH170 WF? You could go right under the metal wheel with 220 and destabilize it with Aquario clear wheel, and come round again for another hit while your opponent is wobbly. Won't it be a KO since basalt would be so heavy?
Yo, so we gonna get this posted?
I mean it looks good enough for it.
All that is needed now are some pictures.
@Heart:
In the Flame article, shouldn't that destabiliser be removed since destabilisers are outdated now?
And in use in stamina customization, rather than Flame Bull 85WD put Flame Bull 230D since Flame is one of the best wheels on 230.
Destabilizers still do well and are not outdated.
Take anything on 85 and it will destabilize 145's, take 145's and it will destabilize TH170/230. Take TH170 and it will also destabilize 145s from the top. Basically most stamina matches involve destabilization in some form or another. It is still prominent.
Kei also said that destabilisers should not be seen as a type/sub-type since destabilisation is just a result of two beyblades' height.
Therefore destabilizers can never be outdated..?
(Jun. 27, 2011  9:04 AM)Kei Wrote: Pure "destabilizers" have always been outdated. They're garbage; why use a "destabilizer" when you could just use a Stamina custom on a low Track?
Flame Cancer 100SF is a pure destabiliser, isn't it?