Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

They actually did mess with Arthur. The animation is almost puppet-like and more 2D than before. It's hard to explain. The show itself hasn't inherently gone bad, but it's not as good as the old one.
And make sure that they don't rip off shows or movies like "Video Brinquedo", anyway, CGI does not make a show better in my opinion, neither do flash animations, as long as there a good quality writing and characters it's okay.
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:39 PM)Dual Wrote: They actually did mess with Arthur. The animation is almost puppet-like and more 2D than before. It's hard to explain. The show itself hasn't inherently gone bad, but it's not as good as the old one.

They did? Puppet-like animation...? This isn't Sonic Adventure 2...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADdeo_Brinquedo

If you want to see Video Brinquedo and their line of carpfests of "films" then go ahead, they even DARE to rip off Transformers with Gladiformers, never mind Pokemon with Dogmons, they dare think they stand a chance with their cheapness?!
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:46 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADdeo_Brinquedo

If you want to see Video Brinquedo and their line of carpfests of "films" then go ahead, they even DARE to rip off Transformers with Gladiformers, never mind Pokemon with Dogmons, they dare think they stand a chance with their cheapness?!
Carp. They're like Phoenix games.
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:51 PM)AkioEPC Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:46 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%ADdeo_Brinquedo

Carp. They're like Phoenix games.

You mean that horrid company who made Animal Soccer World and Dalmations 3? Yeah, they both suck horribly! Ugh, the animation and visuals on Video Brinquedo films are so bad, their visuals are on the same level as animated films such as The Reef, Kis Vuks and Foodfight, but on closer evaluation, it beats them all!
The trucks look more horror-like. Especially the yellow one (forgot its name). Plus Bob is just... *shivers*
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:30 PM)Ken Wrote: I actually like Almost Naked Animals. Crying

The best part is that Howie is voiced by Brooklyn's voice actor.

Nah. that's the worst part.
Stupid? Yeah I know, his plastic surgery went horribly wrong, that fish with arms could do miles better!
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:41 PM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:39 PM)Dual Wrote: They actually did mess with Arthur. The animation is almost puppet-like and more 2D than before. It's hard to explain. The show itself hasn't inherently gone bad, but it's not as good as the old one.

http://youtu.be/a2ipaqusPJs
Not sure if the link will work, but the subtle change is only evident if you've watched Arthur for awhile or just saw an old episode. So I guess newish fans won't mind it all too much.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:00 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  9:41 PM)MissKarat Wrote:

http://youtu.be/a2ipaqusPJs
Not sure if the link will work, but the subtle change is only evident if you've watched Arthur for awhile or just saw an old episode. So I guess newish fans won't mind it all too much.

Dear Lord, you're right but it's not that bad.
The animation is smoother and it has slightly thinner lines, so it has a cleaner look.

I can see it, but it's not too bad, just not as classic or nostalgic feeling.
Bob the builder, 3D. They ruined my childhood memories.
Yeah, agreed! Turning stop motion to CGI was bad enough, I hated it, but his new look takes it to a new level, I'm not trying to be shallow but why change an iconic children's character?
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:02 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: The animation is smoother and it has slightly thinner lines, so it has a cleaner look.

I can see it, but it's not too bad, just not as classic or nostalgic feeling.
I agree it looks cleaner, but the movements seem choppier and almost more stop motion-y.
As much as I don't like the idea of changing it so much, I'm not going as far to say as it's "ruining my childhood memories." I mean, I still have fond memories of watching that show- a company making a reboot is not going to change that. Just because it's an update to (what I consider) a classic, doesn't mean my childhood is "ruined". I still have fond memories of the old series, so I don't think it's that huge of a deal- especially if a new generation can enjoy it.
I think it may just be quicker, kinda like a flash animation cartoon where it's choppy there, rather than the nice smooth drawn animation, which not many shows use nowadays, why not?

Ugh imagine Wallace and Gromit turning into CGI, I would be peed off!
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:22 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: Yeah, agreed! Turning stop motion to CGI was bad enough, I hated it, but his new look takes it to a new level, I'm not trying to be shallow but why change an iconic children's character?

I can't believe I'm talking of Bob The Builder on a beyblade forum but anyway, I can't believe they ruined the whole concept only to make some money. 3D animation is the new way to make money fast and ruin a show.
How? CGI doesn't make a show better. Isn't it more expensive to use CGI? I could be wrong so please correct me if so.

Anyway I agree it wouldn't exactly tarnish my memories, but I could never see it the same way again. The reason I will always have fond memories is because the old one and Project Build it were awesome and this will NEVER be Bob The Builder, I will refuse to acknowledge it as such!
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:29 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: How? CGI doesn't make a show better. Isn't it more expensive to use CGI? I could be wrong so please correct me if so.

Anyway I agree it wouldn't exactly tarnish my memories, but I could never see it the same way again. The reason I will always have fond memories is because the old one and Project Build it were awesome and this will NEVER be Bob The Builder, I will refuse to acknowledge it as such!
CGI is a fad in the animation world. It is more expensive but it's the new thing for animation.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote: As much as I don't like the idea of changing it so much, I'm not going as far to say as it's "ruining my childhood memories." I mean, I still have fond memories of watching that show- a company making a reboot is not going to change that. Just because it's an update to (what I consider) a classic, doesn't mean my childhood is "ruined". I still have fond memories of the old series, so I don't think it's that huge of a deal- especially if a new generation can enjoy it.

If they changed an iconic-ish children's character into something awful, they indeed ruined our childhoods. Imagine if Pikachu turned green, fat and creepy, wouldn't that make you upset? This is the same thing.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:31 PM)MissKarat Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:25 PM)Leone19 Wrote: As much as I don't like the idea of changing it so much, I'm not going as far to say as it's "ruining my childhood memories." I mean, I still have fond memories of watching that show- a company making a reboot is not going to change that. Just because it's an update to (what I consider) a classic, doesn't mean my childhood is "ruined". I still have fond memories of the old series, so I don't think it's that huge of a deal- especially if a new generation can enjoy it.

If they changed an iconic-ish children's character into something awful, they indeed ruined our childhoods. Imagine if Pikachu turned green, fat and creepy, wouldn't that make you upset? This is the same thing.
Pikachu was way better when he was fat.
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:32 PM)AkioEPC Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2014  10:31 PM)MissKarat Wrote:

Pikachu was way better when he was fat.

Was it really?
Wow I cannot believe how my Bob The Builder 2015 topic really flared up, never thought it would.